Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
    Dammit. Must buy a load of these.
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

binance closed registration again pretty quick, must be getting hammered every day. Guessing it'll open again tomorrow morning, will check later

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
        binance closed registration again pretty quick, must be getting hammered every day. Guessing it'll open again tomorrow morning, will check later
        i've asked revolut when we can start transferring cryptos out of our account, as for the moment my bitcoins are stuck there and i can't get them on binance

Comment

Is the advantage of Binance to be able to trade with more alternatives, cheaper fees, or...?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
            i've asked revolut when we can start transferring cryptos out of our account, as for the moment my bitcoins are stuck there and i can't get them on binance
            Yeah it's a bit crap you can't do that, who knows when they will give that feature considering most people don't even have access to crypto on there at all yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
              Is the advantage of Binance to be able to trade with more alternatives, cheaper fees, or...?
              Yeah it has a load of coins plus the fees are quite low, and halved when you use their coin to pay them(0.05%). If you are just getting the regular coins then kraken is fine. I haven't used binance to get anything yet, just having a look.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                OK, I've got €100 in Kraken - what do I buy?
                I use Kraken as onRamp to get fiat in. Convert to something quick and cheap to withdraw like XRP and send to Binance and trade. Not just because Kraken only has a limited offering of coins but the site has been terrible with the server upgrades that are ongoing. It has been like that for weeks and in times of high volume it is unusable.

Opr

Comment

People on reddit buying Binance accounts for 1k+ in the last few days!

Opr

Comment

Yeah i was wondering what coin had the cheapest fee to transfer to binance, I'm guessing Eth or LTC?LTC being very low. Dunno what ripple is like at all.

Kraken are much better now than they were, was terrible before Christmas.

Comment

Yeah i was wondering what coin had the cheapest fee to transfer to binance, I'm guessing Eth or LTC?LTC being very low. Dunno what ripple is like at all.

Kraken are much better now than they were, was terrible before Christmas.

Ripple is .02 ~ 90cent. You really have to be careful with this stuff. The XMR withdrawal rate is about ~$25.

Opr

Comment

Ripple it is then! After I sell a few accounts haha! That's insanity that people are spending that much on accounts, saw some sold for 0.5BTC...$7000....

Comment

Ripple it is then! After I sell a few accounts haha! That's insanity that people are spending that much on accounts, saw some sold for 0.5BTC...$7000....
                          Where is this.
                          Most of stuff is locked up in kucoin but I have a binance account
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Probably too late now and the account has to be unverified, people were selling them on ebay and reddit that I saw.

Comment

Some investigative work by the reddit team has all but confirmed the Nano rumours for RaiBlocks. Someone has found that Colin Lemahieu, founder of raiblocks, registered the domain name for nano.co.

Opr

Comment

10^3 on raiblocks seems like a horrible prediction imo, it might go up but 10^3 would value them at about 150% of bitcoins marketcap?
                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

All the more reaosn to buy more Binance coin...

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                    10^3 on raiblocks seems like a horrible prediction imo, it might go up but 10^3 would value them at about 150% of bitcoins marketcap?
                                    What? It is being scaled by 10^3. The market cap would remain exactly the same. I am making no predictions about the price.

1 RaiBlocks = 1000 Nano. So people owning RaiBlocks get the equivalent on this basis.

It is then bought and sold as Nano on the exchanges.

Opr

Comment

Can someone explain to me what the mechanism (or thinking) is that allows for growth in value for investors piling money into crypto right now?

Comment

No

Comment

I'm just assuming I'm not the last dope to jump on board.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                            No
                                            Good, that puts my vague sense of FOMO to rest.

Comment

Pretty much everyone here I think knows that. As SP pointed in the BBV all that matters is that the money keeps flowing into the market to keep the gains going so at least the short/medium term you profit. The weight of money trying to get into the markets still seems to be huge. The barriers to entry have remained quite high. It isn't an easy task to go about buying all this shit if your not fairly technically savvy. If someone can change that it could be a game changer. How much more money? What stage in the bubble we are at? How long this will last? No one really has a clue.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                Pretty much everyone here I think knows that. As SP pointed in the BBV all that matters is that the money keeps flowing into the market to keep the gains going so at least the short/medium term you profit. The weight of money trying to get into the markets still seems to be huge. The barriers to entry have remained quite high. It isn't an easy task to go about buying all this shit if your not fairly technically savvy. If someone can change that it could be a game changer. How much more money? What stage in the bubble we are at? How long this will last? No one really has a clue.

Opr
                                                What barriers to entry are there currently to enter the crypto market and what specific technical skill do you need to buy them?

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                  What barriers to entry are there currently to enter the crypto market and what specific technical skill do you need to buy them?
                                                  Have you bought any? Setting up an exchange account. Loading fiat into the account via a bankwire. Trading that euro to BTC. Using that BTC to buy something to can send to another exchange. Sending that to another exchange by doing a wallet to wallet transfer. Changing that back into BTC on the other side. Using that BTC to trade for the alt that you want on the market that you want. Then the process of getting it all out. It isn't like you press a button and you can buy whatever alt you want. I am merely saying that this process puts lots of people off making it a barrier to entry.

Opr

Comment

Have you bought any? Setting up an exchange account. Loading fiat into the account via a bankwire. Trading that euro to BTC. Using that BTC to buy something to can send to another exchange. Sending that to another exchange by doing a wallet to wallet transfer. Changing that back into BTC on the other side. Using that BTC to trade for the alt that you want on the market that you want. Then the process of getting it all out. It isn't like you press a button and you can buy whatever alt you want.

Opr
                                                    No I haven't bought any but I set up an account quite easily 2 weeks ago. It was verified within 24 hours.

Perhaps investing efficiently is time consuming but as far as I can see from any exchange, the barriers to enter the market are negligible and the required technical skill is very low.

Comment

No I haven't bought any but I set up an account quite easily 2 weeks ago. It was verified within 24 hours.

Perhaps investing efficiently is time consuming but as far as I can see from any exchange, the barriers to enter the market are negligible and the required technical skill is very low.
                                                      You are looking at it from your skillset. Many people know how to surf/email etc and that is it. They do little else on the web. If you asked them to do the above process they would be completely lost. I know because a tonne of people have come to me, even people I consider fairly technically savvy asking how the fuck do they go about buying some of these alts.

Opr

Comment

I'm fairly new to this, I read about it for quite a while before sticking any money on at all. I've only put in about €400 (currently €520 on blockfolio)

what blocks most if not all is patience and an ability to not be frightened by obscure alphanumerical wallet addresses and unfamiliar currencies.

There isn't a lot of technical skill needed, but the whole thing is so new, people dont trust it.

At the moment, people look at something like a bitcoin (@ 16k or whatever each) and ask questions like can I buy half a bitcoin? what can I do with it? how do I spend it?
                                                        How do I convert it to real money? They would also think that at 16k they have missed the boat and there is no point looking.

The ideas still very new, the applications and uses of blockchain technology are still being examined and discovered.

two projects that I'm interested in like DENT (exchanging mobile data allowances) EthLend (P2P lending based in ETH currency tokens).
                                                        Now, are they going to be THE public grabbing idea that is needed? I dunno, probably not. But there will be one. And when it happens, we'll all be driving Lambos on the moon
                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

I'm simply highlighting that I would disagree that the current market is in any way restricted by barriers to entry or lack of technical skill. It seems user friendly and accessible to me.

As you and I both said DP patience or how time consuming moving funds is a deterrent but I wouldn't call that a barrier to entry or a lack of technical skill.

Shotgun in your lambo to the moon too.

Comment

I'm simply highlighting that I would disagree that the current market is in any way restricted by barriers to entry or lack of technical skill. It seems user friendly and accessible to me.

As you and I both said DP patience or how time consuming moving funds is a deterrent but I wouldn't call that a barrier to entry or a lack of technical skill.

Maybe you should go an do the process before spouting about restrictive or otherwise it makes the whole thing?

Opr

Comment

Wallete, paper wallets, hardware wallets etc was something I guy I work with had a huge problem understanding

Comment

Maybe you should go an do the process before spouting about restrictive or otherwise it makes the whole thing?

Opr
                                                                I'm simply highlighting the market is not difficult to enter, perhaps it's difficult to maximise efficiency but it takes little technical skill and is in fact easy to enter.
                                                                Perhaps it's more restrictive than punting with a betting company but it's not actually difficult to get involved.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                  Wallete, paper wallets, hardware wallets etc was something I guy I work with had a huge problem understanding
                                                                  Security is the other huge thing keeping people away. tbh, I don't even know what the fuck I should be doing with lots of these alts as they don't have any Trezor/Ledger support. So I am left with the choice of securing them myself in a wallet or making a paper one or leaving them on an exchange. None of which is appealing.

Opr

Comment

In the short term there is one big issue which will identify and track pent up demand, new account restrictions, particularly on the more recognised exchanges.
                                                                    Certain exchanges such as binance and bittrex are closed to new accounts due to their inability to even cater for their existing customers properly. Small windows of opportunity arise to enter but are filled quickly.
                                                                    There is new money itching to get in.

Comment

Binance is back open for registration, here is my referral if you'd like https://www.binance.com/?ref=20818213 otherwise remove the ref id during registration.
                                                                      Open again!

Comment

If I manage to get signed up with Binance, where do I have to go to create a wallet or does it all come in 1 package?

Comment

Originally posted by timmalley View Post
                                                                          If I manage to get signed up with Binance, where do I have to go to create a wallet or does it all come in 1 package?
                                                                          Many wallets are available: https://www.cryptocompare.com/wallets/#/overview

Also, most main cryptos have their own wallet. I prefer to use separate wallets, just in case something happen to one of them (unlikely but possible).
                                                                          "Poker isn’t about default strategies, it’s about exploiting your opponent's bad tendencies"

Comment

You will have a wallet on binance for recieving funds, each coin has it's own wallet in the deposit section. To store your coins you can leave them there or move them to your own wallet somewhere else. Note that the wallet type has to match the coin type or you may lose your coins altogether.
                                                                            So the process is to buy something like ripple on a site like kraken, send it to your ripple wallet on binance and then use that to get whatever coins you want on binance.

Not some coins don't appear to have their own wallets so you'd have to leave them on binance.
                                                                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 11-01-18, 14:31.

Comment

#98
                                                                              Just be careful as well if you are using your own wallet that you understand about private/public keys etc. Many wallets also don't have 2FA. If you using a windows wallets without 2FA it is recipe for disaster imo. While still not the greatest option most people would be better storing on an exchange with 2FA enabled.

While we are talking about this for anyone who hasn't enable 2FA on Binance and on your email account then it should be something you do right now.

Opr

Comment

#99
                                                                                Binance had 240000 user accounts made in an hour yesterday lmao.

Comment

Get a hardware wallet like a Ledger Nano S

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                      Yes certainly the best option but it currently doesn't support most of the coins I am holding.

Opr

Comment

...
                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Any volatility derivatives available on these markets yet?
                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I've already decided there will be a digital currency to rule them all, one day it'll probably be worldwide as the currency but I'll be long dead. The main thing is to pick the winner for our lifetime, so it's nice to be here at the emergence of a new standard and gambool.

You don't just get to bet on a currency, there are a lot of different areas the blockchain will be used, moneygram are now trialling ripple for sending money around the world etc. Banks use it, businesses will use it. Look at a coins use case when investing in it.
                                                                                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 12-01-18, 14:05.

Comment

I've already decided there will be a digital currency to rule them all, one day it'll probably be worldwide as the currency but I'll be long dead. The main thing is to pick the winner for our lifetime, so it's nice to be here at the emergence of a new standard and gambool.

You don't just get to bet on a currency, there are a lot of different areas the blockchain will be used, moneygram are now trialling ripple for sending money around the world etc. Banks use it, businesses will use it. Look at a coins use case when investing in it.
                                                                                              Downside of Ripple is it is not decentralised but its usability is unquestionable.

Comment

Agreed. If anything, its easier to get setup on something like GDAX than it would be to get funds and get trading on something like TD or Saxo. Thats my experience of it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                  Any volatility derivatives available on these markets yet?
                                                                                                  Coming soon I believe. NYSE Direxion 1.25x, 1.5x and 2X Bull/Bear products. Gonna be crazy.

Comment

Seems like a lot of people are diversifying away from Bitcoin atm? Steady decline for the last few days...
                                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                      Seems like a lot of people are diversifying away from Bitcoin atm? Steady decline for the last few days...
                                                                                                      Great time to buy buy buy!

Comment

What? It is being scaled by 10^3. The market cap would remain exactly the same. I am making no predictions about the price.

1 RaiBlocks = 1000 Nano. So people owning RaiBlocks get the equivalent on this basis.

It is then bought and sold as Nano on the exchanges.

Opr
                                                                                                        Yeah nevermind me, don't know how but I misread what you wrote. Heard about nano and also millibit in relation to bitcoin doing the same thing, for obviously different reasons. Avoiding it myself but hope it does good for ya
                                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Yeah most people are getting into alts now, I am too for the craic! a good chunk of money on kraken to transfer to binance and it's down for two days since. They've offered free trading when it's back up but annoying having the money stuck.

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                          Great time to buy buy buy!
                                                                                                          Will probably buy some if it goes under 13k.

Comment

Kraken status updates are great sometimes, their engineers have been working nonstop for days:

Comment

Bitfinex's solution to the surge of new applicants is to raise the barrier of entry such that new accounts must be funded to a minimum of the equivalent of $10k to be activated.

Comment

Ouch saw that, can take it straight back out again but they get to charge you for the pleasure.

Kraken are back up now and have given free trading for all of Jan.

Comment

wtf is happening to Bitcoin Diamond, up 1000% on kucoin and 500% on binance. I didn't even know I had any but checked and I do...

Some sweet manipulation there.

Bitcoin gold is up too (40%).
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 13-01-18, 20:52.

Comment

Ah the classic bitcoin after-timing has finally hit our shores
                                                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Man thank you to that boards thread reminding people that they signed up for free stellar lumens in bargain alerts in 2014. Was about to buy 300 tonight but chanced my arm and tried to log into their site, had 501 free ones on there, fuck yeah. No recollection really, just this little voice in my head saying check.

Some people on boards had 4/5k

Comment

I haven't ever put in a cent to cryptos so you can all point and laugh at me when you're squillionaires. I have however been working closer to the bone in finance than nearly all of you guys and, to me, the words of Mr Money Mustache make a lot of sense.

Comment

And Buffett, of course.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X