2.50/5 PLO Zoom hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.50/5 PLO Zoom hand

Villain is competent reg, most regs can play tricky at times.

Villain (playing 1300) opens UTG to 17.50
    We (playing 2k) have AAQ7 (A7 of clubs) and pot to 60
    Button calls (playing 2k), villain calls.

Flop is 223 rainbow with one club
    Villain leads for 45, we call, Button folds.

Turn is 10c
    Villain leads for 125, we call.

River is 10s
    Villain checks.

Should we always just check behind?

In game we go for really thin value and bet 150, he instantly raises to 550, now what?

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
    Villain is competent reg, most regs can play tricky at times.

Villain (playing 1300) opens UTG to 17.50
    We (playing 2k) have AAQ7 (A7 of clubs) and pot to 60
    Button calls (playing 2k), villain calls.

Flop is 223 rainbow with one club
    Villain leads for 45, we call, Button folds.

Turn is 10c
    Villain leads for 125, we call.

River is 10s
    Villain checks.

Should we always just check behind?

In game we go for really thin value and bet 150, he instantly raises to 550, now what?
    I don't have tons of experience betting particularly thin in PLO but my question would be what are you hoping to extract value from on this river?

KKxx, QQxx or KK45, QQ45 perhaps, I suspect those are the type of hands that call a 3b pre with in this spot oop so maybe some value there.
    As played guess hes repping a QQ10x, KK10x, I don't suspect to see 22xx or 33xx too often.

That's an interesting hand, tough spot at that level
    Last edited by Guest; 29-01-19, 21:17. Reason: Mixed up with other hand ie spades

Comment

2/5 zoom is one of the hardest omaha games around, its going to take a lot of of study/work with solvers to beat it. There are easy games online at higher stakes.

As for the hand, do you have a hud? The more likely he is to open low rundowns utg the more I like a call, I would just fold probably though since we have plenty of tens to call with. I wouldn't bet this thinly against a good player, especially when his range is quite polar.

Great to see a good omaha hand being posted!

Comment

I actually misread that, I thought you were button and villain cold called your 3b.
        I suspect his range is substantially wider. More likely to see 22/33, I don't quite understand what combos lead flop though that contain a 10

Comment

Check river. Don't bet that thin on that river at those stack depths, in a vv tough player pool without a plan.

Comment

Did you fold Arazi?

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
              Did you fold Arazi?
              I was the villain in the hand, our hero is a Finnish guy who is one of the best players in the game (IMO). I thought his river line was very strange, he snap called the river.

Comment

you had air?
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Working...
                X