toptop in 3b pot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

toptop in 3b pot

Villian seems solid enough. Have no notes on him but I have 150 hands on him at 21/18. He has folded to 3b 2/3 times so far. Btn is a mass multitabling reg who play very ABC. Its definetly a great spot for a squeeze here and I probably would be doing It with a wide range as a bluff.

PokerStars - $0.50 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
    Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: $28.00
    BTN: $58.83
    SB: $52.38
    Hero (BB): $53.12
    UTG: $50.00

SB posts SB $0.25, Hero posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.75) Hero has A:diamond: K:heart:

UTG raises to $1.50, fold, BTN calls $1.50, fold, Hero raises to $6.00, UTG calls $4.50, fold

Flop: ($13.75, 2 players) 4:diamond: Q:club: 9:club:
    Hero checks, UTG checks

Turn: ($13.75, 2 players) A:spade:
    Hero bets $7.50, UTG raises to $17.00

I was check/folding the flop here as I dont have many cards on the turn that I can barrel and I think he is peeling with alot of his range on this flop.

I bet the turn for value not expecting to get raised as a bluff here much. Thoughts on calling/folding and why?

I'd fold. Your hand is face up and he's still raising. Seems a trivial fold.
    Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

I would check the turn here more often that I would bet it after I check the flop like this, it will be hard enough to get 2 streets of value here anyway and I think it will be less believe-able to bet the river.

As played, looks liked you have to fold

Comment

Any reason for not betting the flop [apart from fact you missed...?]

Comment

Tough one as your hand is kind of face up, but he is raising anyway. This could be because he doesn't care you have AK as he has it beaten, or he thinks you might fold it. The former is more likely so I'd reluctantly fold.

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
            I would check the turn here more often that I would bet it after I check the flop like this, it will be hard enough to get 2 streets of value here anyway and I think it will be less believe-able to bet the river.

As played, looks liked you have to fold
            I never really considered checking the turn tbh. I wanted to give Villian a chance to call down light and potentially get 2 streets If he gets stubborn. Against a better reg I think checking the turn is better though.

Any reason for not betting the flop [apart from fact you missed...?
            I already said in the op why I wasnt cbetting this flop. There just isn't enough cards on the turn that I can continue betting on imo. If I had a club I would probably cbet.

Comment

Turn bet is fine, we're only behind a slowplay (maybe A9hh).

My guess is that this is a fold at $50nl because people don't perceive this as a good bluff spot. Dunno how those games play tho.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                I already said in the op why I wasnt cbetting this flop. There just isn't enough cards on the turn that I can continue betting on imo. If I had a club I would probably cbet.
                Sorry, didn't notice that in the OP. Reason I asked was I wondered if it was villian dependant, which info may help with decision now. Assume it goes without saying that you should have some cbs built into your game when you miss, especially after you've 3bet.

Think I regretably fold now, you're calling to split with another a,k, and behind hands like a,q, qq, 99, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                  The number of cards you can hit on the turn that allow you to keep betting are irrelevant if your flop cbet is successful in winning the pot.

Comment

Originally posted by Marq View Post
                    The number of cards you can hit on the turn that allow you to keep betting are irrelevant if your flop cbet is successful in winning the pot.
                    I did mention that I think he is peeling with alot of his range here to a flop cbet.

Comment

Working...
                    X