Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    I see runs in that race too although he's done hiw winning for now imo.

Quite like Pat Flynn's in tbat meself.
    was 14s when you posted that...
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Can confirm it is pelting down in Kildare. On again
      Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Yup - added onto my morning bet just there too

Comment

I see runs in that race too although he's done hiw winning for now imo.

Quite like Pat Flynn's in tbat meself.
          Absolutely hosed up.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Absolutely hosed up.
            Nice pick, always have a random punt on that race because its a memorial for a great guy who was a great friend to me when I was young. Could be the first time I found the winner
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Absolutely hosed up.
              Shout!
              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                Shout!
                Hope you got the 12\1. Well punted.

Comment

We go again with Count of Carabass.

Comment

We go again with Count of Carabass.
                    Bah, 5/26. A head off an e/w payout.

Comment

Bah, 5/26. A head off an e/w payout.
                      It came 4th I thought?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        It came 4th I thought?
                        /checks betting accounts, lols heartily/

/makes eye appointment!/

thanks

Comment

/checks betting accounts, lols heartily/

/makes eye appointment!/

thanks
                          Good shooting RDIII

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                            Good shooting RDIII
                            Somebody else take up the baton so me and Pat Custard can retire in glory!

Comment

Somebody else take up the baton so me and Pat Custard can retire in glory!
                              and all the recent talk about false equivalences.
                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Atlas goes again today at Killarney (not a tip)

Imagine it's like a bog down there after all the rain.

Comment

Atlas goes again today at Killarney (not a tip)

Imagine it's like a bog down there after all the rain.
                                  Is the weather that bad down there??
                                  Im in Tipp and the sun is out all day, ground is dry and no rain in last 24 hours.

Comment

That was a right good race. They kind of set it up to allow Ulysses make himself look something special but in fairness he probably is a bit.

Three of the first four by Gallileo

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                      Is the weather that bad down there??
                                      Im in Tipp and the sun is out all day, ground is dry and no rain in last 24 hours.
                                      No idea, just assumed all that rain would have hit the Kingdom too!

Comment

Atlas a piece of crap ffs etc etc

SPOILER
                                        Maybe for you

SPOILER

Did it to beat Sorelle Delle Rose in the match!

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                          Atlas a piece of crap ffs etc etc

SPOILER
                                          Maybe for you

SPOILER

Did it to beat Sorelle Delle Rose in the match!
                                          Some man for those match bets. Never really a bet that I look at

Comment

Notice for Simcock planned to run Friday in Newmarket. Just told if she runs she wins.dropping in class...don't think they want too much rain.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                              Some man for those match bets. Never really a bet that I look at
                                              Love them my main mode. Hard enough to get a match bet up nevermind an outright!.
                                              Not sure why the embedded image didn't show.

Comment

Hopeful that Lucca and Remember Nerja can both run well at Navan today.
                                                small ew double

Comment

If you text PPRacing to 50100 they are giving free Leopardstown tickets for this Saturday if anyone's interested.

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                    If you text PPRacing to 50100 they are giving free Leopardstown tickets for this Saturday if anyone's interested.
                                                    May have pulled a master stroke of.going to the craft beer festival Friday and 'treating' the missus to the ladies elegance day on Saturday.
                                                    Knife edge here whether she buys this
                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Lucky Pat 555 Kilbeggan. Good name, comes from a good source what could go wrong

Comment

I wonder what backing the APOB 4th\5th strings has returned in G1s over the last few years?

Comment

I wonder what backing the APOB 4th\5th strings has returned in G1s over the last few years?
                                                          Have to be in profit this year in anycase. Jockey booking doesnt seem to help in solving the puzzle either.

Hedging might a solution

Comment

Hi guys,Long time no see,just ran the numbers on APOB trained horses that ran in group 1 races since 2010 that went off at industry starting price of 20/1 or bigger on horseracebase

A simple 100 euro bet at betfair starting price in both win and place markets over that time frame would have you in the green by about 23k,not too shabby at all

Same as above but with his group 1,2, and 3 runners.

Last edited by amberleaf; 10-09-17, 11:05.
                                                            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Seventh Heaven at 5's is curiously big today, almost put off by it, but not enough to not back. Surely too much weight being placed on Moore's choice in this race and not enough on actual form.
                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by amberleaf View Post
                                                                Hi guys,Long time no see,just ran the numbers on APOB trained horses that ran in group 1 races since 2010 that went off at industry starting price of 20/1 or bigger on horseracebase

A simple 100 euro bet at betfair starting price in both win and place markets over that time frame would have you in the green by about 23k,not too shabby at all

Same as above but with his group 1,2, and 3 runners.
                                                                Thanks dude! Yes, that seemed intuitively correct to me.

Could improve that again if you ruled out the blatantly obvious pacemakers.

Comment

Thanks dude! Yes, that seemed intuitively correct to me.

Could improve that again if you ruled out the blatantly obvious pacemakers.
                                                                  No worries,with something like this there's massive down side as most of the profits come from outliner bets,which are bets that win at massive odds.

just to go over the numbers again,trained by APOB,G1,all odds

Add in the starting price of 20/1 and we're left with just 7 wins over the last 7 years,of which just 2 bets make up more than 50% of the profits,and lost badly 3 of the last 7 years

A much better "system" imo would be

TRAINED BY APOB
                                                                  GROUP 1,2 & 3 ONLY
                                                                  IRELAND/UK ONLY
                                                                  RACE AGE RESTRICTION 2YO & 3YO ONLY
                                                                  BACK AT BETFAIR STARTING PRICE IN THE WIN AND PLACE MARKETS ANY PRICE

You would have lost in 2010 but would have won a nice few quid each and every year since with little drawdown compared to out siders version.
                                                                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

A small e/w double today on Michael Mulvaney's two at Listowel.

The fact that the rider of the second has never gone over a jump in public concerns me not at all.

Comment

A small e/w double today on Michael Mulvaney's two at Listowel.

The fact that the rider of the second has never gone over a jump in public concerns me not at all.
                                                                      any reason at all for these?
                                                                      I can't really see it

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                        I can't really see it
                                                                        clearly not

Comment

I can't really see it
                                                                          One of two is acceptable

Main reason was 'ground' tbf. Young lad did well on top. Backed both indvidually so acceptable day.

Comment

At sandown today

Load them up!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                              At sandown today

Load them up!
                                                                              Thought Sea Shack had a chance at a nice price in the 415...

Comment

Tough but honest list 250

Comment

One from the tracker...not a tip...Creeping Ivy 220 Navan..must have an each way chance

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                                    One from the tracker...not a tip...Creeping Ivy 220 Navan..must have an each way chance
                                                                                    decent 3rd @16s

Comment

Would you believe 330 Naas

Comment

Sean Flanagan is an excellent jockey. Knows when he's in danger and how much horse he has under him (Cooper never knew this so well imo)and doesn't mind looking the fool to shrug along his charge to keep position and not masking difficulty like Walsh and Geraghty are masters at at this stage. Watch the 4pm Galway, several fences out he fired his charge into the fence as the other 2 were hard held. Had he have been passed he'd of downed tools.
                                                                                        Meade has his horses plenty forward. Playing it with a straight bat more than ever, I'll put it down to having a lot of O'Leary's these days.
                                                                                        Last edited by rounders123; 10-10-17, 17:21. Reason: Sean

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                          Sean Flanagan is an excellent jockey. Knows when he's in danger and how much horse he has under him (Cooper never knew this so well imo)and doesn't mind looking the fool to shrug along his charge to keep position and not masking difficulty like Walsh and Geraghty are masters at at this stage. Watch the 4pm Galway, several fences out he fired his charge into the fence as the other 2 were hard held. Had he have been passed he'd of downed tools.
                                                                                          Meade has his horses plenty forward. Playing it with a straight bat more than ever, I'll put it down to having a lot of O'Leary's these days.
                                                                                          Was thinking of this post while watching Davy Russell on the last two at Thurles (2.35 & 3.10). If you get a chance watch the finishes on ATR.

Both times he comes through on the bridle between last two hurdles but doesn't really release the horse until after the last when he has let them back at his hind quarters without the momentum. Now maybe he knows both wont see the trip out well but I often think if they try release a bit and get the 3 to 4l advantage it would help?

I had no money on either, just observing.

Comment

The owner of Sir Vincent in the 3.25 fancies its chances im told. I am sure most owners normally feel the same. Looking at a 14yo nag with no form doesnt inspire much confidence in me. Of course i still have to throw a couple of schekels ew on it at 50s

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                              The owner of Sir Vincent in the 3.25 fancies its chances im told. I am sure most owners normally feel the same. Looking at a 14yo nag with no form doesnt inspire much confidence in me. Of course i still have to throw a couple of schekels ew on it at 50s
                                                                                              Got a tip sankari Royale 13.50 Newmarket 16/1
                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

$10m race down the road tomorrow. was going to go for a look. but they've be pumping it hard in the media so figure it'll be bedlam.
                                                                                                Prom for the best, i'll be more sensible from the sofa

Comment

Was told by someone talking to seamie Heffernan that Threeandfourpence is way too big at 33/1 for the Dewhurst and has a decent ew chance
                                                                                                  https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

Originally posted by shanboghted View Post
                                                                                                    Was told by someone talking to seamie Heffernan that Threeandfourpence is way too big at 33/1 for the Dewhurst and has a decent ew chance
                                                                                                    50s on 365 at the moment. 7s to place.

Comment

Atlas 20/1 into 10/1 wins at Dundalk, BCB will be back at the cash table tonight lol

Comment

Brendan Bracken

Comment

got a tip for Show Stealer 20.45 kempton
                                                                                                          am on @9/2

Comment

got a tip for Show Stealer 20.45 kempton
                                                                                                            am on @9/2
                                                                                                            Race abandoned (Medical incident?)

Comment

Thankful I have a daughter called mia, and thankful there is a storm brewing
                                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Smiling Elisa 600 Dundalk chance yard going well. Plum draw lots of positives from people in the know.

Thunder Crash 900 big chance if breaks well according to someone in the yard.

Barman 250 Wincanton..no info but a horse I was following. The horse that beat him last time ran again and won again. Don't know how strong the race was. 5/1 not overpriced though

Comment

War of the Rocks backed from 20's to 11/2 in first was told he'll have a lot in hand

Comment

Originally posted by shanboghted View Post
                                                                                                                    War of the Rocks backed from 20's to 11/2 in first was told he'll have a lot in hand
                                                                                                                    7/2 now

Comment

3rd never in contention

Comment

Ribchester, harry angel cracks man treble.
                                                                                                                        Ew on torcedor in the first

Comment

Off to Leopardstown later. Any tips would be greatly appreciated
                                                                                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X