2019 WSOP Main Event - Irish Updates & General Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 WSOP Main Event - Irish Updates & General Discussion Thread

Folks, I suggest we post progress on Irish players in the WSOP ME, and associated discussion here ...

Good idea. GL all. Saw Downtown had a decent Day 1A.

Comment

Enjoyed Mark M getting on the feature table and 3betting calling a 4bet with 79dd against KK and AQ and flopping trips

Comment

From Pokernews. Fell free to update/amend:

Day 1 A

Rory "Downtown" Brown - 181,000
        Joseph Ardern - 163,200
        Marc "SlugLife" MacDonnell - 158,300
        Donnacha "The Don" O'Dea - 60,000
        Andy "The Monk" Black - 46,000

Day 1 B

Jason Tompkins - 174,600
        Gavin O'Rourke - 117,800
        Kevin "Kingballs" Killeen - 93,200
        Toby Joyce - 54,700
        Paul "PLO" Lecky - 53,000
        P "Smidge" O'Neill - 34,300
        Cathal Shine - 30,000

Michael Graydon - Busto?
        Daniel Wilson - Busto?

Kevin O'Donnell - Busto?
        Last edited by tylerdurden94; 05-07-19, 17:09. Reason: fixed bracket

Comment

Any updates for Karl Curry?

Comment

Bad news for Nick Newport

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Phil Ivey busted in level 1

Comment

Games gone.
                Last edited by Dice75; 05-07-19, 21:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Games gone.
                  Another player disqualified for stealing chips lol

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                    Any updates for Karl Curry?
                    Think he might have been withdrawn not under orders. Rule 4 to all bets 1.5 please send money to me.

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker View Post
                      Think he might have been withdrawn not under orders. Rule 4 to all bets 1.5 please send money to me.
                      The second sentence here makes no sense and leads me to believe you are at least partially simple

Comment

Just read that drunk guy above who shoved blind then tabled Q3....guy closing had 55. Called and lost. They drunk guy gets DQd and his 120k stack removed. lol.

He legged it to The Luxor after that....

Last edited by Dice75; 06-07-19, 10:05.

Comment

Rory brown on around 600K and in top twenty or so of chips after day 2AB

Comment

From Pokernews:

Day 1C
                            Chris Dowling - 229 K
                            Barry Donovan - 180 K
                            David Lappin - 140 K?
                            Namir Mohamed - 128 K
                            Eoghan "Tennis" O'Dea - 104 K
                            Y Boyko - 98 K
                            Keith Brennan - 67 K
                            David Kelly - 62 K
                            Dara "Sat Guy" O'Kearney - 35 K?
                            Sean "The Goat" Prendiville - 21 K

Day 2AB:
                            Rory "Downtown" Brown - 596 K
                            Gavin O'Rourke - 350 K
                            Jason "Timberlake" Tompkins - 311 K
                            Toby Joyce - 300 K
                            Cathal Shine - 245 K
                            Andy Black - 225 k

Missing in Action (We fear the worst …):
                            Donnacha O'Dea
                            Marc MacDonnell
                            Joseph Arden
                            Kevin Killeen
                            Paul Leckey
                            Dan Wilson
                            Smidge

Comment

Less than 2,000 left in the Main event now
                              Eoghan O'Dea rocking a 300k stack to lie in top 200.
                              Sean "Goat" Prendiville, Chris Dowling & Namir Mohammed all sitting on circa 150k.
                              Honorary irish man Max Silver has 90k
                              while David Kelly & Negreanus bff David Lappin are nursing short stacks.

Comment

So you're in the BB with 5's and closing the action,
                                Bloke shoves blind then shows you Q3o, then shows you his cock,
                                then throws his shoe at you while you tank.
                                Do you risk your life in the years biggest tournament?
                                Pretty sure Pio Solver has the answer but no idea how to enter the data!

The poor sod on the receiving end of this treatment
                                then takes the bad beat for his troubles
                                and then has his nose royally rubbed in it when
                                the stack he just lost is taken off the table when his opponent is DQed
                                Last edited by DeeBrown; 08-07-19, 15:36.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post
                                  Less than 2,000 left in the Main event now
                                  Eoghan O'Dea rocking a 300k stack to lie in top 200.
                                  Sean "Goat" Prendiville, Chris Dowling & Namir Mohammed all sitting on circa 150k.
                                  Honorary irish man Max Silver has 90k
                                  while David Kelly & Negreanus bff David Lappin are nursing short stacks.
                                  Downtown starting Day with top 30 stack, Gavonator/Toby Joyce/Blaaaah/Andy Black going well and Barry Donovan from Dunleer, UK still in too.
                                  Last edited by Dice75; 08-07-19, 17:39.

Comment

Have looked for a list of all entrants but cant find it. Am genuinely interested to see if Karl Curry entered after all his whinging in the staking thread. He said he sold out so either entered or stole another 10k. Can anyone link to a list of players?

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post
                                      So you're in the BB with 5's and closing the action,
                                      Bloke shoves blind then shows you Q3o, then shows you his cock,
                                      then throws his shoe at you while you tank.
                                      Do you risk your life in the years biggest tournament?
                                      Pretty sure Pio Solver has the answer but no idea how to enter the data!

The poor sod on the receiving end of this treatment
                                      then takes the bad beat for his troubles
                                      and then has his nose royally rubbed in it when
                                      the stack he just lost is taken off the table when his opponent is DQed
                                      This is not that happened.

Guy shoves blind and floor is called, ruling is if nobody raises then the shove stands, EP guy limps, shove stands. Guy folds 55 and the limper open folds A3. Nobody was busted and only had the drunks guys stack was taken out
                                      Last edited by Wesley Harms; 08-07-19, 21:46.

Comment

It was widely reported he called and lost?

Comment

Originally posted by *PocketRockets* View Post
                                          It was widely reported he called and lost?
                                          Fake news. The pocket Fives podcast cleared it all up

Comment

After Day 3, and the bubble, from Pokernews:

Eoghan O'Dea - 946 K
                                            Toby Joyce - 450 K
                                            Barry Donovan - 427 K
                                            Jason Tompkins - 425 K
                                            Andy Black - 385 K
                                            Chris Dowling - 340 K
                                            Rory Brown - 310 K
                                            Cathal Shine - 245 K
                                            Gavin O'Rourke - 180 K
                                            Sean Prendiville - 160 K
                                            Namir Mohamed - 160 K
                                            David Kelly - 40 K

Comment

I doubt those chip counts are correct. Probably wont be updated for a couple of hours.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                Have looked for a list of all entrants but cant find it. Am genuinely interested to see if Karl Curry entered after all his whinging in the staking thread. He said he sold out so either entered or stole another 10k. Can anyone link to a list of players?
                                                Just checked and he’s into day 4 with 1.26m.

SPOILER
                                                Not really.

http://www.wsop.com/m/chipcounts/?ai...r=5&curpage=20

I looked through days 1A and 1B, couldn’t be bothered to look at Day 1C, I’m on mobile. No sign from what I saw.

Comment

Quick scan i can see below....

84 Max Silver LONDON, GB 978,000
                                                  93 Eoghan O'Dea DUBLIN, IE 946,000
                                                  189 Namir Mohamed BALLSBRIDGE DUBLIN, , IE 720,000
                                                  299 Christopher Dowling Naas, IE 599,000
                                                  409 Cathal Shine IE 482,000
                                                  600 Toby Joyce Galway, , IE 337,000
                                                  662 Jason Tompkins KILDARE, IE 305,000
                                                  674 Rory Brown Galway, IE 297,000
                                                  879 Gavin O'Rourke Portlaoise, IE 183,000
                                                  Last edited by Dice75; 09-07-19, 15:07.

Comment

Tompkins with the early double on day four

Comment

Is there any way to watch the stream for free? or do ye have to get the poker go subscription?

Comment

Originally posted by OasisKid View Post
                                                        Is there any way to watch the stream for free? or do ye have to get the poker go subscription?
                                                        Think it's on ESPN later

Comment

Originally posted by OasisKid View Post
                                                          I wouldn't bother with the PokerGo sub. I signed up for it for the WSOP and nothing ever seems to be on it. Seems to be an odd hour here and there during the middle of the night.

Comment

Looks like just Blaaaah & Max Silver left with c20bbs each and 354 through to day 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                              Looks like just Blaaaah & Max Silver left with c20bbs each and 354 through to day 5.
                                                              Jason Tompkins - 413,000

Max Silver - 473,000

Next payout - $34,845

Comment

Just a headsup for anyone who has Eir broadband and Sky tv and you want to watch the Wsop coverage you get the Bt sport and Bt/Espn channels for free. Here is a link with details

Comment

Laurids Nielsen 9th in chips is Irish. 106 players left.

Comment

Final table of this years WSOP Main Event is set, restarts at 6:30pm Vegas time which translates to 2:30am Irish time (somebody correct me if I'm wrong just relaying what's on PokerNews)

Some faces left in the field notably Hossein Ensan & Dario Sammartino but I couldn't be happier to see poker industry veteran Garry Gates making the final table and sitting in second place, here's hoping he makes a run at the final table and is crowned the 2019 WSOP Main Event Champion.

2019 WSOP Main Event Official Final Table

Comment

Managed to watch some of the final table, turned it on when heads up between Hossein Ensan & Dario Sammartino and a little over an hour later Ensan was champion. I've seen him over the years at EPT's and he always struck me as a nice gent I think he'll be a good champion, could say similar about Sammartino if he won also.

Was gutted to see Garry Gates bow out in 4th spot but I'm looking forward to catching up with him and seeing this years coverage when it comes out in episode format.

Final Result: 2019 WSOP Main Event

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

Was gutted to see Garry Gates bow out in 4th spot but I'm looking forward to catching up with him and seeing this years coverage when it comes out in episode format.
                                                                        Do they still come out in episode format, Danny? Or is it only PokerGo they're available?

Comment

Originally posted by peterswellman View Post
                                                                          Do they still come out in episode format, Danny? Or is it only PokerGo they're available?
                                                                          They'll be broadcasted on ESPN I'd imagine, I hadn't seen any of the 2018 episodes online or even on PokerGo but I messaged Remko Rinkema who works for them and he said they were online but tricky to find, they're now searchable on the PokerGo website & app.

Comment

Any word of any deals done?.
                                                                            Sammartino looks like hes had his nose broken on more than one occasion. Maybe he is a practitioner of Naplesbury rules.
                                                                            Would Main Event winners get free buyins into big tournaments now?. If not it seems like a good time to quit the game?. Also poker pro sponsorship seems to be pretty much dead these days?.

Comment

#39
                                                                              Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                              Any word of any deals done?.
                                                                              Sammartino looks like hes had his nose broken on more than one occasion. Maybe he is a practitioner of Naplesbury rules.
                                                                              Would Main Event winners get free buyins into big tournaments now?. If not it seems like a good time to quit the game?. Also poker pro sponsorship seems to be pretty much dead these days?.
                                                                              Not sure about deals but Mercier had the majority of Gates action and Dario probably had most of his own bar a few swaps I’d imagine

Comment

#40
                                                                                Interesting article on pokernews website analyzing tax obligations for the final table if main event. Biggest winner was the taxman who scoops 12 milballs .

Comment

Working...
                                                                                X