100nl: QQ on wet flop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100nl: QQ on wet flop

Villian is a complete unknown. I hate PTRed him before the hand and he is a small loser over 300k hands at 100nl and 200nl.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($40)
    UTG ($95)
    Hero (MP) ($100)
    CO ($52.75)
    Button ($103.95)
    SB ($51.37)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q, Q
    1 fold, Hero bets $3, 1 fold, Button calls $3, 2 folds

Flop: ($7.50) 8, 7, J (2 players)
    Hero bets $5, Button raises to $16, Hero?

how long has villain been playing.
    Stats?
    If no stats, even a rough idea of how he has been playing.

I mostly call here

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
      how long has villain been playing.
      Stats?
      If no stats, even a rough idea of how he has been playing.

I mostly call here
      No stats. played maybe one round and Hadn't pt turned on yet.

He is playing ~16 tables as he is on search. All Ive seen is him minraise the btn and take the blinds and thats It.

Comment

A lot of the time he's raising here thinkin you missed and your just c betting with nothing. Prob has a jack I'd call and reassess on the turn
        airport, lol

Comment

I doubt he is raising here with any jx hands. More than likely has a set or a monster draw although it is a pretty sweet flop to be raising in fairness to him. You're gonna be in pain later in the hand no matter what and Im not sure what cards you want to see peel on the turn as hes probably barreling the whole deck.

Time to decide now whether you are leaning towards calling him down or not - I tend to give credit to a villain the first time he does this and as ultra nitty as this may sound I think I can root out a fold in this spot

Comment

Fold. Your equity isn't that good here if you stove some ranges. Being oop is gonna make it difficult to realize that equity as well.

Comment

Just get em in and embrace the variance.
              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

On this type of board I generally fold unless I have reason to believe he can raise here very wide. I think calling puts us in a very tough spot as he can fire most turns and rivers with so many scare cards to come. On the flip side, I habitually raise cbets on this flop vs habitual continuation bettors.

I may also be inclined to c/c the flop, c/decide turn and river the vs an aggro player.

Comment

Agree with RS and BBK. Need to know more about him before going mental here. Disagree with Eamon, raising a J here would be lolbad and very unlikely.

His value/great draw range has you crushed, and I don't see too many 16 tablers getting cute here with something like Ahx too often.

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

18,810 games 0.046 secs 408,913 games/sec

Board: 8h Jh 7d
                  Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
                  Hand 0: 21.781% 21.78% 00.00% 4097 0.00 { QdQh }
                  Hand 1: 78.219% 78.22% 00.00% 14713 0.00 { JJ, 88-77, AhQh, AhTh, Ah9h, Ah7h, KhQh, T9s, 87s, 6h5h }

---

Comment

Fold.

Every turn is going to suck and we're not getting to a river cheaply and we're OOP. Getting it on the flop is burning money unless we have strong reads he'll stack off with AJ type hands.

Only invested $8, just fold and move on.

Comment

Nits ITT
                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I folded fwiw. Agree that Its going to be hard to call down and Im crushed by his value range. I literally knew nothing about Villians tendancies aswell so I dont know If he is bluff raising alot of flops or If he gives up on alot of turns so I think folding is best in this spot. Thanks for the responses.

Comment

I honestly think people are getting way nittier in this forum

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                            I honestly think people are getting way nittier in this forum
                            Well the standard of play has generally gotten better, and so has the quality of advice here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                              Well the standard of play has generally gotten better, and so has the quality of advice here.
                              I agree, some very good posters in the theory threads now. It seems to me tho if there is a borderline decision most of the advice leans towards a fold. Seems wrong to me

Comment

Its not borderline here though

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                  I agree, some very good posters in the theory threads now. It seems to me tho if there is a borderline decision most of the advice leans towards a fold. Seems wrong to me
                                  Why? What are you basing that on?

Comment

Yeah I mean this is pretty much a standard fold without a read or unless against a Fish; I didn't bother replying because everyone else summed it up.

Comment

Working...
                                    X