Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take off sexton.. No need to risk him.
    He's carrying an injury of some sort years. Is his own worst enemy and a clear target for every team
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Our second and back rows are noticeably very fast compared to previous year or so. Fantastic zip from Henderson, Ryan and Stander when they got ball in hand. I wonder has there been a shift in the focus of S&C during the build up.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
        Our second and back rows are noticeably very fast compared to previous year or so. Fantastic zip from Henderson, Ryan and Stander when they got ball in hand. I wonder has there been a shift in the focus of S&C during the build up.
        The deselection of Toner would certainly suggest as much.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Soft auld day in Yokohama now. Pitch looks to be holding up tbf.

Comment

Lovely Galway-esque conditions for Carthy to come on and control territory to see out the last 20.

Comment

Wonder how serious O'Mahony's first half injury is. Lad has no luck in world cups.
              Profit before people.

Comment

Well done Conway. Deserved that for making the third try.

Comment

Thought that 4th try would never come

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                    Wonder how serious O'Mahony's first half injury is. Lad has no luck in world cups.
                    Was it two failed HIA's? Didn't see what happened to Bundee but O'Mahony got a few bangs on the head/neck.

Comment

Our second and back rows are noticeably very fast compared to previous year or so. Fantastic zip from Henderson, Ryan and Stander when they got ball in hand.
                      Lenihan on RTE saying that Henderson 'might' become a world class player straight after his fourth world class line break in a world class game is going to be hard to top for punditry
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Right, see ya for the quarter finals.

Comment

Was it two failed HIA's? Didn't see what happened to Bundee but O'Mahony got a few bangs on the head/neck.
                          I'm not sure, hopefully just precautionary though.
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Beautiful to see Hogg reduced to appealing forlornly for a bit more mileage from the touch judges.

Him and Russell are pure show ponies.

Comment

This 2nd half is dire

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                This 2nd half is dire
                                Ireland don't have to take any risk and it's teeming rain.

Would you rather see a France-style blowup?

Comment

VDF motm?

Comment

Why is Rory still on the pitch?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                      Ireland don't have to take any risk and it's teeming rain.

Would you rather see a France-style blowup?
                                      Not looking for an explanation, just making an observation. Scotland are shite is another one

Comment

Any opinions on making old private correspondence public without the persons permission? I feel like 28 years is long enough ago, and I wouldn't think of doing it it reflected badly on the person or if they were involved in politics.
                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

If the injuries aren't too bad that was everything you could have hoped for.

Comment

Ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                              Any opinions on making old private correspondence public without the persons permission? I feel like 28 years is long enough ago, and I wouldn't think of doing it it reflected badly on the person or if they were involved in politics.
                                              If the other guy doesn't want it public, then would consider it bad form to not respect his wishes provided it's nothing dodgy.
                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

If there was truly private stuff, then you shouldn't do it obv.

Those letters were historically interesting and I doubt Prof Andrey would mind in any way. Consider it the personal equivalent of the 30 year rule!

Comment

Beautiful to see Hogg reduced to appealing forlornly for a bit more mileage from the touch judges.

Him and Russell are pure show ponies.
                                                  Think you are being unfair in Hogg he got six nations player of the year twice in a team getting battered its hard to shine.

Comment

If there's one thing I note Tonga for from World Cups past it's being absolutely filthy. And if you can't beat England you may as well murder one of them.

15/2 red card in match.
                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                      Think you are being unfair in Hogg he got six nations player of the year twice in a team getting battered its hard to shine.
                                                      Seen them both fail to deliver in way too many big games now.

They have the ability, just not the temperment.

Comment

Viliami/may fts with pp. He is their winger and is 33/1

Comment

If there was truly private stuff, then you shouldn't do it obv.

Those letters were historically interesting and I doubt Prof Andrey would mind in any way. Consider it the personal equivalent of the 30 year rule!
                                                          That's exactly how I feel. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something horrible inadvertently.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                            Lol stop would you , nicely frontloaded schedule, almost 20 days solid ahead of 1 sided tonkings bar a handful of games and the minnow v minnow stuff (1 competitive match next weekend for example)

Comment

Tonga's tighthead prop, what an athlete.
                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Thought that Farrell, Ryan, Henderson and Larmour were really good today. Best was flawless without having to really push too hard too.

Scotland were a bit ... shit ...
                                                                Wayne Barnes. Ah, ffs.
                                                                Was truly excellent today, told players repeatedly what he was watching out for, and pinged them immediately when they didn't listen to him.

Never really understand the dislike. He's really good.

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                This 2nd half is dire
                                                                Poor oul Scotland must have cried when they saw the weather when they came out for the second half. Whatever hope that they had of a comeback basically impossible in those conditions.

Comment

What’s your Ireland team for Japan? Personally deeply unimpressed by Japan against Russia. I’d be rotating and prepping for SA and taking no injury chances...

My team is

Kilcoyne
                                                                  Best
                                                                  Porter
                                                                  Ryan
                                                                  Kleyn
                                                                  Ruddock
                                                                  Van De Flier
                                                                  Conan
                                                                  Murray
                                                                  Carbery
                                                                  Stockdale
                                                                  Henshaw
                                                                  Ringrose
                                                                  Earls
                                                                  Kearney

Bench
                                                                  Healy
                                                                  Cronin
                                                                  Ryan
                                                                  Henderson
                                                                  Stander
                                                                  McGrath
                                                                  Carty
                                                                  Farrell/Larmour depending on Henshaw fitness...

Rested/injury recovery

Sexton
                                                                  O’mahony
                                                                  Aki
                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

I'd give VDF a rest V! Another 7 who's very injury prone. Not like we have much strength in the position..

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                      Never really understand the dislike. He's really good.
                                                                      I've been to way too many matches where has he has whistled all the flow and continuity out of the game. Leaving both sets of players and supporters completely frustrated. Compared to Nigel Owens who actually has a proper feel for the game.

Comment

Decent volley, decent save!

Comment

It'll be amusing watching England convince themselves they're going to win the whole thing off the back of this turgid show against some half-fit Tongans.

Comment

I'd give VDF a rest V! Another 7 who's very injury prone. Not like we have much strength in the position..
                                                                            We’re very light on 7s! POM failed a HIA so he’s unlikely to make it in 6 days. What would you do switch Ruddock to 7 and play Beirne or Stander at 6?

In fairness a panel of 31 is very tight but given how bad Japan were on Friday and how hungry the Irish looked today I’d fancy a BP victory regardless.
                                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

It'll be amusing watching England convince themselves they're going to win the whole thing off the back of this turgid show against some half-fit Tongans.
                                                                              In fairness Tonga have really nullified them. The Argies are gaining a lot of hope watching this.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                We’re very light on 7s! POM failed a HIA so he’s unlikely to make it in 6 days. What would you do switch Ruddock to 7 and play Beirne or Stander at 6?

In fairness a panel of 31 is very tight but given how bad Japan were on Friday and how hungry the Irish looked today I’d fancy a BP victory regardless.
                                                                                It doesn't really matter, the group is won now anyway.

Might as well go on the piss for the week.

Comment

It doesn't really matter, the group is won now anyway.

Might as well go on the piss for the week.
                                                                                  I wouldn’t go that far.

We’ve prepped like the european cup. Never great for the first few rounds but getting the job done via the forwards. Hopefully we can bring an incredible backline performance by the quarters as we’ll need it.

Comment

Baldy made good on his promise to go back and visit Kolya!

LATEST MERCH: https://teespring.com/en-GB/stores/bald-and-bankrupt🇧🇾 Three days ago I travelled to Belarus to drive back into the radiation zone there and ...

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                      I wouldn’t go that far.

We’ve prepped like the european cup. Never great for the first few rounds but getting the job done via the forwards. Hopefully we can bring an incredible backline performance by the quarters as we’ll need it.
                                                                                      Ah, you're such a pessimist. We're either the best or second-best team in this thing.

Comment

Ah, you're such a pessimist. We're either the best or second-best team in this thing.
                                                                                        I'll have England to go further than us if you're so optimistic here. Same stage knockout a push.
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

ye all know my thoughts . Champs elect on at 10s anyway.

Comment

One thing we're very bad at is finishing off a clean break. Both Stockdale and Stander unable to slow down, get the head up and see who was coming up in support to run in an easy try.
                                                                                            Agreed, stander just went with force over guile there and you could see Sexton screaming for it on the replay. Need to be more clinical.

Lenihan on RTE saying that Henderson 'might' become a world class player straight after his fourth world class line break in a world class game is going to be hard to top for punditry
                                                                                            Henderson has a great game, but he needs to have 5-6 more of them to be considered world class. Ryan has already done that.

Comment

Watched Phil Galfond stream on Twitch the past 2 nights. Guy is still a genius and made some sick plays and calls. He played the 10k 8-game (fired 3 bullets), finished 7th in the 1k 8-game, played some other high stakes games, and 2 tables of 25/50 PLO zoom, along with some cash games on his run it once network.

He'll be back tonight for the 10k omaha, 5k nlh, and a will probably play the 2k omaha on party. Defo worth checking out one of the best in the business if anyone is at a loose end.

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Comment

Baldy made good on his promise to go back and visit Kolya!

SPOILER

Thats the 2nd time hes been back so, havent seen this one yet. Bald and Harald Baldr's vlogs are my 2 favourites. Simon Wilson used be brilliant but his has gone sharply downhill recently.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                  [/SPOILER]

Thats the 2nd time hes been back so, havent seen this one yet. Bald and Harald Baldr's vlogs are my 2 favourites. Simon Wilson used be brilliant but his has gone sharply downhill recently.
                                                                                                  Yeah, I think Wilson should keep some of his behaviour to himself. The regular petty thievery is not my idea of being thrifty.

Comment

The surf and turf platter in Michael's of Mount Merrion is a thing of joy.
                                                                                                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Yeah, I think Wilson should keep some of his behaviour to himself. The regular petty thievery is not my idea of being thrifty.
                                                                                                      haha what are you talking about. Its crap because hes cut it all out!. Paying for everything these days, not chancing his arm at all. The whole mc donalds trick was getting tiresome i will say.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                        haha what are you talking about. Its crap because hes cut it all out!. Paying for everything these days, not chancing his arm at all. The whole mc donalds trick was getting tiresome i will say.
                                                                                                        Well he was hardly going to steal stuff in North Korea

Comment

This one today in Russian is quite something. The youtube subtitles worked surprisingly well

SUPPORT ME ON PATREON: https://www.patreon.com/nfkrzTwitter ► https://twitter.com/roman_nfkrzMAKE SURE TO TURN ON SUBTITLES!!! In this video me and Bald and ...

Edit: he paid someone to do the subtitles, should have realised they were too accurate!
                                                                                                          Last edited by ComradeCollie; 22-09-19, 18:25.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                            I'll have England to go further than us if you're so optimistic here. Same stage knockout a push.
                                                                                                            Meh, we can punt once they play each other.

We're the best 6N team by far. The softness of our group is mitigated by the respective toughness of the QF.

Comment

Check out what €10k worth of damage to a small aeroplane looks like....thank fuck for insurance.

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                Check out what €10k worth of damage to a small aeroplane looks like....thank fuck for insurance.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                Can you not do the same to the other side ?
                                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                                  That's a propeller I presume? Is it made from Platinum covered diamond?

Comment

What would worry me is how did the damage happen?

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                                                      The surf and turf platter in Michael's of Mount Merrion is a thing of joy.
                                                                                                                      How do you get that as a platter?! What does it consist of...?

SPOILER
                                                                                                                      Can’t find the damage? Any chance of a hint...

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                                                                        That's a propeller I presume? Is it made from Platinum covered diamond?
                                                                                                                        What would worry me is how did the damage happen?
                                                                                                                        Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

Can’t find the damage? Any chance of a hint...
                                                                                                                        Yep, taxied over a rabbit hole and it scraped the ground. Engine needs to be removed and sent to see if the sudden rpm drop shock damaged any components. Prop will need an overhaul too.

Comment

I see Thomas Cook finally went bellyup overnight. Be some cunt to be stuck in an airport with screaming kids and flights all cancelled. Zuutroy could be cleaning up if he hadnt bust the plane.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X