Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't posted here in a very long time but I'm struggling to find a ticket for Sunday if anyone knows of one available?

Worth a shot!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
      I also got that WhatsApp message.
      It's mad how gossipy Irish lads are
      ...Yeah not sure if it is BS or not... one thing is true, he's a scumbag for punching him regardless of the circumstances...

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
        Haven't posted here in a very long time but I'm struggling to find a ticket for Sunday if anyone knows of one available?

Worth a shot!
        You shoulda come back a day earlier !
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          Unfortunately, I can see that now

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
            Mrs Lao Lao : I've put on a couple of pounds over the last few weeks

Me : Meh

Mrs Lao Lao : We've had a few boozey weeks, it's definetely all the booze and the bad eating after all the booze

Me : Meh

Mrs Lao Lao : Definetely cutting out the booze for the next couple of weeks, maybe go for a hike up the mountains on Saturday & Sunday morning

Me : Cut down booze. Mountain hike. Saturday & Sunday, gotcha

3 days later

Mrs Lao Lao (6:30pm) : Just grabbing a drink with a few people from work. Two drinks absolute max, will be home for dinner.

Me :

Mrs Lao Lao (8:30pm) : I'll be home in about an hour, maybe eat away and I'll sort something out for myself.

Me :

Mrs Lao Lao (12:35am) : Baby, are you asleep baby? It's very dark in here...

Me : Yes, I'm asleep

Mrs Lao Lao : Did I wake you?

Me :

Am I the only one who thought this was a pregnancy announcement after the first line?

Comment

Completely agree about nuclear, just part of the issue though.
              Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
              That it's going to take two weeks on a high tech boat for that climate change activist to reach the US surely demonstrates the impractical nature of her message.
              You (and everybody else) are talking about this precisely because she is in a boat. (When activists aren't the discussion is always about them flying.)
              It will be about prioritizing stuff in the future when we are fucked, we wanna fly, we have to do even less other harmful stuff.
              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 16-08-19, 21:47.

Comment

Worth a shot!
                Think I know someone selling 2 for the hill

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                  Whole midlands a bit grim. Few poker trips fo Nottingham lately and its one of the lesser grim spots tbf.

Doctor who did brain surgery on the bro in Beaumont sent the wife and 3 kids to Leicester (i think) for some special Islam education. Some mad yoke burned them all aalive in the gaff coz he thought they were someone else. Lovely spot.
                  That story sounds very familiar. Did you post about that before or was it in the news, Irish news?
                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                    That story sounds very familiar. Did you post about that before or was it in the news, Irish news?
                    It became famous as Ryanair charged him to change his flight. He’s a lovely man, know people who worked with him it was a terrible situation.

Comment

That was some performance Hendrix put on at Woodstock, incredible stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                        Completely agree about nuclear, just part of the issue though.

You (and everybody else) are talking about this precisely because she is in a boat. (When activists aren't the discussion is always about them flying.)
                        It will be about prioritizing stuff in the future when we are fucked, we wanna fly, we have to do even less other harmful stuff.
                        The debate is fucked, people still only think of fossil fuels in terms of our use for transport, even if we did somehow manage a easonable transition there what about everywhere else it’s used ? what about food production ?
                        Again even if we just switched back to horsepower overnight what will replace fertilizers? A lot of people are going to die either way, we already used up our food production one-time with the green revolution in crop yields in mid 20th century.
                        Even the people cheering Greta on have absolutely no real appetite to contemplate the sackcloth and ashes existence required to lessen climate change.

Comment

If your not educating your child to be a feudal warlord then you are doing them a huge disservice

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                            If your not educating your child to be a feudal warlord then you are doing them a huge disservice
                            The youngest one was born a feudal warlord .

Comment

Enough for me to name the youngest Jimi. He'll be spelling that all his life .

Comment

Made it through to day 2 of the party poker grand Prix.

I barely play poker anymore but Jesus everyone's still terrible at it (not excluding myself from that statement)

Comment

Reads are always good to deal with, they understand that they printing game is an elastic product and people can go elsewhere for they printing and copying. None of that corner bulllshit.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley Harms View Post
                                      Think I know someone selling 2 for the hill
                                      PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                        Cricket

Draw in next weeks test shortened from 9/2 to 3/1 over last 2 days

Starts Wednesday, weather report for rain all day on day one and showers on weekend
                                        Day and a half washed out, flat enough track apart from usual Lord's morning thing and this bet isn't safe yet

Fuck T20 anyway (covered stake yesterday with small bet on both when raining)

Comment

So is today the day Hong Kongers say goodbye to their double decker buses?
                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Attached Files
                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                              So is today the day Hong Kongers say goodbye to their double decker buses?
                                              Shenzhen border looks quite intense, quite a few Pro-China rallies popping up too.

The new star of the Mulan movie shared pro China support and a film boycott is gathering quite a lot of attention it seems

Comment

PM sent
                                                Lol. Have you not realised finkel is a troll by now. I doubt he even knows who's playing let alone anyone selling tickets lol.

Comment

Did you have a flashback m8?
                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Its the anniversary of Woodstock, several outlets are playing the whole concert over the weekend.

Comment

The fucking cheek of calling Paddy Losty a lightweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                        Shenzhen border looks quite intense, quite a few Pro-China rallies popping up too.

The new star of the Mulan movie shared pro China support and a film boycott is gathering quite a lot of attention it seems
                                                        My Irish friend lives in Shenzhen and works for Huawei. Really embedding himself in this thick of it.

Comment

England flirting with losing a test where half of it has been rained off is very grim.

They should just give Steve Smith the Ashes now and burn the rest.
                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Ah AceStream, how I missed you. Strangely enough, I dont feel an ounce of guilt. Sorry PSV

SPOILER
                                                            Last edited by dobby; 17-08-19, 16:42.

Comment

Never would have considered going to a fleadh, but it's actually great party, pity about the ididilyi music. Saw Dobby's mate Danny pottering about. Getting roasted out of it.

Comment

Never would have considered going to a fleadh, but it's actually great party, pity about the ididilyi music. Saw Dobby's mate Danny pottering about. Getting roasted out of it.
                                                                You definitely have me badly confused with someone else. I haven't met you since the night I met you with Andy and DP. It wasn't me you referred to meeting a few days ago either.

Comment

Was in a restaurant in Templeogue yesterday evening and half recognised the lad in front of me and its been wrecking my head as to who it was. 24 hours later reading back here I think it has come to me that it could have been CourierCollie??

Comment

Was in a restaurant in Templeogue yesterday evening and half recognised the lad in front of me and its been wrecking my head as to who it was. 24 hours later reading back here I think it has come to me that it could have been CourierCollie??
                                                                    It was probably Dobby, he went there before he met his mate Danny at the Fleadh

Comment

It was probably Dobby, he went there before he met his mate Danny at the Fleadh
                                                                      I only wish I could afford to eat at the same restaurants as Dice

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                        You definitely have me badly confused with someone else. I haven't met you since the night I met you with Andy and DP. It wasn't me you referred to meeting a few days ago either.
                                                                        He's talking about your m8 DHR you banana.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                          England flirting with losing a test where half of it has been rained off is very grim.

They should just give Steve Smith the Ashes now and burn the rest.
                                                                          Not even flirting now, full-on embracing.

Although Archer trying to kill Smith is a good sideshow.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Shut up you.

Congrats on your 100th (I think) parkrun. Wp

Comment

I was thinking of you today when I was reading this: https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/m...ners-1.3983947

I was thinking if there was ever a religious themed event that might peak your interest

Comment

I was thinking of you today when I was reading this: https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/m...ners-1.3983947

I was thinking if there was ever a religious themed event that might peak your interest
                                                                                Thank you for that.

You hit the nail on the head.

Must go see that.

Comment

Shut up you.

Congrats on your 100th (I think) parkrun. Wp
                                                                                  Cheers buddy, yeah, was a cracking morning. Was Corkagh parkrun's 100th event too so there was a bit of a party.

Comment

[
                                                                                    Last edited by Skankhunt42; 17-08-19, 17:55.

Comment

That VAR decision....

Comment

LOLKerryPeople

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                          That VAR decision....
                                                                                          It's not VAR, it's the new handball rule!

Would hope someone in the media actually attacks the new rule instead of the lazy VAR stuff

New rule is stupid fwiw, gonna make game unwatchable... which is probably good as a life thing long term
                                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 17-08-19, 18:34.

Comment

That VAR decision was 100% correct as the ball moved off the lads arm as can clearly be seen from the camera angle behind him.
                                                                                            FYP not IMO but in fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                              It's not VAR, it's the new handball rule!

Would hope someone in the media actually attacks the new rule instead of the lazy VAR stuff

New rule is stupid fwiw, gonna make game unwatchable... which is probably good as a life thing long term
                                                                                              Yeah the handball rule is rididculous, and wouldn't have been spotted only for VAR so it's a combo of both. They should adopt the tennis aproach and give the manager's 1 or 2 VAR decisions per game imo. Would be more fun

Comment

Aah ya they are good craic and you should always find a pub down a lane with bluegrass or something like that

Comment

LOLKerryPerson
                                                                                                  Fyp. The pleb was "protesting" on his own while everyone else enjoyed meeting the players inside and paid that buffoon no attention.

Comment

FYP not IMO but in fact.
                                                                                                    As Elshambo said, it's ridiculous though.

If that happens at the halfway line, it's not a handball. Stupid rule!

Comment

Fyp. The pleb was "protesting" on his own while everyone else enjoyed meeting the players inside and paid that buffoon no attention.

Comment

As Elshambo said, it's ridiculous though.

If that happens at the halfway line, it's not a handball. Stupid rule!
                                                                                                        The one good thing about it is that it is fairly clean... so we wont have to listen to muppets like Carra/Neville/Redknapp etc mouthing off about consistency, complaining when they are given then a week later complaining when they are not... showing a total lack of errr consistency

Christ I hope Jose doesn't get a job for a while!

Comment

Ah now. As good an all as the Healy Raes are, even they would find it hard to be in Lewis Road at the same time as they're at a fleadh up the country

Comment

It's a great rule as it takes all the questions/debate about intent etc out of those decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                              It's a great rule as it takes all the questions/debate about intent etc out of those decisions.
                                                                                                              Exactly. Just said to a few lads here. You're either enforcing it all to the letter of the law or not with VAR. Do think city should have had a penalty for the arm around a players neck in the first half so can understand Peps frustration

Comment

Talking about the fleadh at it here in drogheda good fun saw a young lad twisted with a can of cider munching on a peeled avocado.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                                  Talking about the fleadh at it here in drogheda good fun saw a young lad twisted with a can of cider munching on a peeled avocado.
                                                                                                                  Sounds like Denny.
                                                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                    Sounds like Denny.
                                                                                                                    Was other lads having a como running into an angel wings hoarding head first last lad got dragged by bouncers much to friends amusement I’m lost

Comment

'way to go with the keen observiness, Jessica Fletcher'. I wouldn't be able to pick you out of a lineup of 2
                                                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Did a soccer referee course in FAI HQ today. Very intense but informative. The amount of technicalities in the "laws if the game" is phenomenal. Also the amount of lads who were constantly answering questions with absolute confident certainty and being completely wrong was

All going well, should be able to referee games in 6 weeks. Something I've wanted to do for a while so looking forward to it.

Comment

The comments under brexit articles on daily mail are utterly unhinged, “Eu dictatorship” etc
                                                                                                                          This was top comment under article today about Whitehall dossier predicting ports chaos, riots , food and medicine shortages
                                                                                                                          “Scaremongers. What a little inconvenience compared to a life of freedom?”

Found the perfect song to accompany the scenes of chaos when they crash out on future reeling in the years

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X