Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
    Surely we're well overdue an IPB beers night and out of respect for Jbizzz's recent news, we should change it to an IPB beers and strippers night?
    SatNav time....that day (few made it to the night) was epically degenerate
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Idrissa Gueye is a fantastic player, surprised nobody was in for him this transfer window, his interception/tackling stats last year were second to none.
      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        Excellent view of the 10% of the eclipse we can see from here right now.
        Stick two CD's together and look through the surface (not the hole) of them
        Does it work with USB keys?

I just lost my poker "roll" there. Partypoker weren't happy about the clarity of my passport pic for withdrawal so I have been going hard / all in on football bets instead. Man City hf/ft.

Sane is a twat. Arsenal can fuck off too btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          Flushdraw found me sleeping rough on a path. I made it into the pub again though.

Regret nothing
          Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Killarney 7th Sept, simple

Or the 8th or the 9th☺️
            Her sky-ness
            © 5starpool

Comment

Seriously windy approach from Everton with the extra man but in the end happy days, the advised City lay comes good!
              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                Arsenal can fuck off too btw.
                Did you watch the U23 game too

Wilshere still a prick. Will never change

Comment

Bad reaction but the lad deserved a slap, and a lot more, for that tackle. He's deliberately going in to kick Wiltshire there. I'm sure that wasn't the first kick he took in that game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                    I know it was asked before but can't remember - going wedding present rate for a couple (cousins wedding), and does it make any difference if its fairly upmarket. €200?
                    Err.. no one outside of immediate family gave more than 100 for my wedding last year... didn't expect it either to be fair.. and decently upmarket venue (for outside the Pale )

Only cousins invited were from wife's side who gave relatively small but then were travelling and cultural norm from her country is "small" gifts anyway.
                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Just booked nine nights in Vegas to lose my marbles after a long stressful stretch since Christmas. Been a few times now but I thought there was a thread around here with restaurant recommendations over there but can't seem to find it?

In other news I covered the Dublin Ironman on Sunday morning and snapped these which some of you may like.

SPOILER
                      The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post

In other news I covered the Dublin Ironman on Sunday morning and snapped these which some of you may like.

SPOILER
                        Any of 380?
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

SPOILER
                          Any more photos?? Possibly 825.

Comment

Any of 380?
                            Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                            Was shooting for the papers so only focussing on getting specific shots and not everyone but that said I haven't deleted a single frame from the cameras so I'll take a look for both those numbers now.
                            The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

A distillery near my is doing custom Gin and Whisky.
                              For the gin, you pick your own botanicals and they distill and bottle it for you.
                              With the whiskey, you choose the level of smoking (peat/wood/none), type of barrel, how long is aged for, and bottling strength.
                              The gin is on a per bottle basis, but the whiskey starts at a 20L barrel. How much would a run of the mill single barrel whiskey cost?

Comment

Any of 380?
                                Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                Was shooting for the papers so only focussing on getting specific shots and not everyone but that said I haven't deleted a single frame from the cameras so I'll take a look for both those numbers now.
                                Went back through all 2034 shots but no luck lads, if you have any mates who did it too throw their number in here and I'll take a look. Have a match on Wednesday so the cards will be cleared on Wednesday morning

Comment

Just booked nine nights in Vegas to lose my marbles after a long stressful stretch since Christmas. Been a few times now but I thought there was a thread around here with restaurant recommendations over there but can't seem to find it?
                                  Was there three weeks ago. Ate in Twist in the Cosmopolitan. Fab meal. Everywhere else i shite IMO.

All the restaurants in the Aria are overpriced IMO. A slice of pizza a a couple of beers in the pizza place there isnt too bad I suppose.....
                                  had a nice pizza and some wings in 'naked pizza' down by the double down saloon which wasnt too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                                    Presumed this was odds on.
                                    Wonder is he on any financial deductions for it though.
                                    Might be his boxing debut but he's been at it for years, he isn't going to accidentally kick him or try take him down.

Originally posted by Hatedajacks View Post
                                    He will be deducted pts without financial penalty for dirty tactics being rough in the clinch etc not using mma moves as such.
                                    Wat.

Unless the ref is being paid this won't happen.
                                    Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                    I'm all over that. A 1st round defeat will humilate him enough. He'll walk into a few saving the old guys energy. Get on it.
                                    Want to bet on a first round defeat?

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                    Why what has changed, well aside from Floyds price getting more inexplicably attractive?

Amazing how many have got drawn in by the marketing and media shitshow and seemimgly forget the basic fact it's the greatest boxer of our generation up against an amateur. The analysis begins and ends there.
                                    You lumping everything on Floyd?

Comment

Chd I've already bet on a 1st round defeat. May go on longer but the odds say bet..so I did.

MMA boxing and pro boxing is like comparing draughts and Chess.

Comment

Surely if you are betting on a first round knock out you go for McGregor to win as he has a history of first round knock outs that Floyd doesn't.

Mayweather was also goaded into the lighter gloves - well played McGregor but it does mean that the knock out is more likely.

I am not really an MMA or boxing fan so I could have read this completely wrong however.

I doubt this will happen but I just dont see Floyd knocking him out and McGregor staying down in the first.

Comment

SPOILER
                                          If I PM you some race numbers could you check for pics? I had 3 friends doing it. 2 of which qualified for the world championships next year.

Comment

Chd I've already bet on a 1st round defeat. May go on longer but the odds say bet..so I did.

MMA boxing and pro boxing is like comparing draughts and Chess.
                                            Agreed, all four are pure shite.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                              Surely if you are betting on a first round knock out you go for McGregor to win as he has a history of first round knock outs that Floyd doesn't.

Mayweather was also goaded into the lighter gloves - well played McGregor but it does mean that the knock out is more likely.

I am not really an MMA or boxing fan so I could have read this completely wrong however.

I doubt this will happen but I just dont see Floyd knocking him out and McGregor staying down in the first.
                                              McGregor won't get near him or his shadow and Mayweather has fought many times with those gloves. Red herring there imo.

It's 28 to 1 not 5 to 1. A glassy jaw . Worth a few bob. If it goes beyond 6 McGregor with look for an honourable disqualification.

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                Agreed, all four are pure shite.
                                                Ah here ..Chess is an epic game

Comment

SPOILER
                                                  I looked at those pictures and not one of them is Tony Stark! The Dublin Ironman doesn't look like the real Iron Man

Comment

I literally spent 40 minutes trying to beat it and gave up, I think I have a half created account that is now giving me one of those passive aggressive Its you thats fucked this up type message.

Its a good test case of how not to do a simple webform
                                                    • State is mandatory but they have helpfully given a drop down list of provinces
                                                    • Password policy is designed to force poor security
                                                    • Phone number parsing is broken
                                                    • Post Code is mandatory
                                                    • Address parsing is broken
                                                    • Probably all parsing is broken
                                                    • Mandatory to enter an email adddress for next of Kin GTFO@GFY.co.FU
                                                    • Date format if forced American

. Tried calling them but its only an answering machine the robospeak message is:
                                                    'This is an answering machine'

Still and all the same location and class times suit so I might try to call them again tomorrow
                                                    So, Mrs Brianmc had been talking to someone about what classes were available when and was told that she had to pay online.

After satisfying the reverse turing test that is their website she paid for two introductory classes.

She turned up yesterday evening but there didn't appear to be anybody there. She tried phoning but got through to the voicemail. She gave up and came home.

When she got home she received a call back.

She, apparently, has credit purchased but didn't sign in for that specific time. Instructor had nobody signed in for that time so didn't turn up.

On the up-side... small class sizes!

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                      Mayweather has fought 49 professional fights.
                                                      I believe 46 of the 49 were in 8oz gloves. It's a non-issue.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                        If I PM you some race numbers could you check for pics? I had 3 friends doing it. 2 of which qualified for the world championships next year.
                                                        Yeah send them on as soon as you can and I'll take a look.

Comment

Lads. There isn't a hope.

1.3 is hilarious.

Comment

Anyone see the things on twitter saying its fixed and scripted? mcgregor to knock him down once and then damage his shoulder towards the end and for a rematch to be set up?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

1.3 is hilarious.
                                                              Don't fancy a bet on boxing not being corrupt as fuck though. That's the only discussion
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

1.3 is hilarious.
                                                                Is there just that much mug money? It's kinda getting to the too good to be true level.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                  Don't fancy a bet on boxing not being corrupt as fuck though. That's the only discussion
                                                                  Yeah, I veer from day dreams of putting on a 4 figure bet, to deciding not to bet at all because something ridiculously mental could happen resulting in a draw & rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                    Is there just that much mug money? It's kinda getting to the too good to be true level.
                                                                    There really is, a lot of the money matched on Conor on the exchanges is just firms getting out of their massive liabilities they've accumulated on him. I'd imagine due to his drift most have pretty bad books and a shock Conor win would be a disaster.
                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

I've never made a bet before, but looks like it may be time. I didn't even understand riggers betting app the other day.

Comment

Mandatory to enter an email adddress for next of Kin GTFO@GFY.co.FU
                                                                        In fairness if I had yous fat fuckers coming for a class I'd want to know who to call when you have your inevitable heart attack on the floo rin front of me.
                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                          Mayweather 50-0 is all that matters.

Comment

There's far more money matched on Floyd on the exchanges. 4 times as much the last I checked.
                                                                            Who are the mugs laying Floyd at 1.2-1.3?

Comment

Leinster Munster October 7th have the promotional €10 tickets available on ticketmaster now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                Leinster Munster October 7th have the promotional €10 tickets available on ticketmaster now.
                                                                                Don't see them . How do you find ? Found them
                                                                                Last edited by Solksjaer!; 22-08-17, 11:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                  The €10 tix were a phenomenal investment for GAB last year.
                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Any more optimal strategy to empty clip than lumping it all on Betfair?
                                                                                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Don't see them . How do you find ? Found them
                                                                                      You have to select promotional tickets when looking at ticket type.
                                                                                      sigpic
                                                                                      Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                        Any more optimal strategy to empty clip than lumping it all on Betfair?
                                                                                        Commission makes the Betfair price worse than many firms but otherwise, no.

Comment

Chinese comedian Ken Cheng:

Absolute legend Ken Cheng's stand-up set at the BBC NCA Finals, about the phrase "Two Birds One Stone."If you enjoyed follow me on twitter at www.twitter.com...

Comment

GOT
                                                                                            SPOILER
                                                                                            Surprised at the overwhelmingly positive reaction to that episode,it was entertaining but pretty stupid,as soon as she hopped on the dragons to head north only one thing was happening
                                                                                            I still enjoy watching the show but it is just big budget fan fiction bubblegum now,not the weighty consequential show it was in the beginning.and I know GRRM is hugely at fault for it and is the reason these guys have had to fly solo but it doesn't excuse some of the laziness in the plotting
                                                                                            John snow coming back from the dead was beginning of the end

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                              There's far more money matched on Floyd on the exchanges. 4 times as much the last I checked.
                                                                                              Who are the mugs laying Floyd at 1.2-1.3?
                                                                                              Bookmakers.
                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                Bookmakers.
                                                                                                Any tips for the Rose of Tralee?

Comment

Rose of Tralee comp seems a solid idea.

How many do we need? In obv.

Pony a head?

Comment

Aside from not watching it nah, prob should have had a look though as those specials markets can be lucrative.
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

TIL The eclipse was racist. It's in the science section so it must be true.

A tour of the solar eclipse’s path reveals a nation that fought to maintain a different sort of totality.
                                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                        GOT
                                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                                        Surprised at the overwhelmingly positive reaction to that episode,it was entertaining but pretty stupid,as soon as she hopped on the dragons to head north only one thing was happening
                                                                                                        I still enjoy watching the show but it is just big budget fan fiction bubblegum now,not the weighty consequential show it was in the beginning.and I know GRRM is hugely at fault for it and is the reason these guys have had to fly solo but it doesn't excuse some of the laziness in the plotting
                                                                                                        John snow coming back from the dead was beginning of the end
                                                                                                        Sadly
                                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                                        The shark has been jumped.

Comment

Pony a head?
                                                                                                          we should do our own.
                                                                                                          Lads of Letterkenny ftw

The talent section alone would be worth the price of admission
                                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Pony a head?
                                                                                                            There's a lack of a betting sweat in it, they just announce the winner end of.
                                                                                                            Needs jury scores, eliminated contestants, a final 5 etc.

Comment

Go down for weekend on piss but avoid any and all Rose related activities!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                we should do our own.
                                                                                                                Lads of Letterkenny ftw

Mostly involve putting together an AK-47 and making bombs out of common household goods!

Comment

Soup taking trators de lot of ye; Sur McGregor will win, his fist is bigger than Mayweathers head

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                    we should do our own.
                                                                                                                    Lads of Letterkenny ftw

Zuutroy would need to be handicapped. No Elvis karaoke allowed.

And no guitar wankery.

Which probably reduces our talents to 'stacking chips' and 'bbqing meat'

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                                      Soup taking trators de lot of ye; Sur McGregor will win, his fist is bigger than Mayweathers head
                                                                                                                      I actually don't want him to. I think it would prove once and for all that Irish people are part werewolf ..........and I don't want to have to think about that.

Comment

Zuutroy would need to be handicapped. No Elvis karaoke allowed.

And no guitar wankery.

Which probably reduces our talents to 'stacking chips' and 'bbqing meat'
                                                                                                                        Could have a live Troll SP competition, obviously Denny would go off at similar odds to Mayweather but still be there would be some good EW valoo floating around!

Comment

The men of Munster

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X