Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry Tar and pokerhand but that pig was one tasty cunt.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Fuck is the gold standard swear word....

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
        White one
        White ones look dirty very quickly

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
          What military service did Obama or Hilary have again?
          They are 'draft dodgers', are they?

Comment

What military service did Obama or Hilary have again?
            Are you completely ignorant of history? The fact you ask the above indicates this question to be rhetorical.

When Trump and Clinton were of age to be drafted, there was a war on. Vietnam. Both of them dodged the draft in different ways. They are both draft dodgers.

There was no draft while Obama was a young man and women weren't allowed enlist when Hilary was of age.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              Are you completely ignorant of history? The fact you ask the above indicates this question to be rhetorical.

When Trump and Clinton were of age to be drafted, there was a war on. Vietnam. Both of them dodged the draft in different ways. They are both draft dodgers.

There was no draft while Obama was a young man and women weren't allowed enlist when Hilary was of age.
              Where did I say they dodged a draft? The net result is the same - no military service. They could have joined if they wanted to but didn't and also there was plenty of ways for women to participate in the military when Hilary was of age if she was wanted to.

Comment

Where did I say they dodged a draft? The net result is the same - no military service. They could have joined if they wanted to but didn't and also there was plenty of ways for women to participate in the military when Hilary was of age if she was wanted to.
                So what? Voluntary military service isn't a prerequisite for the presidency. Many of America's greatest presidents never spent a day in uniform.

Involuntary i.e. drafted military service is another kettle of fish. Kennedy and Bush Snr were genuine war heroes.

Trump and Clinton took the cowards way out.

Comment

Russian Curler fails doping test at the Winter Olympics
                  Tested positive for meldonium, if your wondering its the same drug Maria Sharapova tested positive and banned for 15 months.

Comment

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Ye cunce arguing over the draft and military service, attending wars to kill the yellow man. Are you in favour of any of this, or is it just a stick?
                        Talk about something useful like what you had for tea.
                        "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                        "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Greg setting records.

Conor McGregor has set numerous records in the UFC but his latest feat is not necessarily a record that most fighters would want next to their name.
                          "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                          "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

So what? Voluntary military service isn't a prerequisite for the presidency. Many of America's greatest presidents never spent a day in uniform.

Involuntary i.e. drafted military service is another kettle of fish. Kennedy and Bush Snr were genuine war heroes.

I'd respect most people who told the military to GTFO in relation to Vietnam. Still though

Lidl really trying to offload those air compressers Rodney

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                  I'd respect most people who told the military to GTFO in relation to Vietnam. Still though
                                  If somebody was genuinely a conscience objector, their decision deserves to be respected.
                                  Bur getting out out of a draft (namely the lads in question) to cover your ass is not the same as objecting.
                                  I'm not particularly in favour of military conscription, but it's a huge part of the US military - so that's the rules Americans, in particular the commander in chief, have to play by.
                                  Last edited by Mellor; 18-02-18, 23:47.

Comment

Trump doesn't play by any rules. Anyway if you were rich and could buy your way out of going to Nam I wouldn't fecking blame you.

Saw a great sign once about our fav C world and Trump.

He can't be a cunt as he lacks warmth and depth

Comment

How is, "what about Hilary and Obama" and argument for anything, neither of them are president at the moment, has another president (and his staunch supporters) tried to brush criticism off by comparing to previous one and failed candidate ?
                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                        words are just letters and sounds without context.

Remember reading a really interesting piece on the development of medical literature through the centuries, 'Idiot' -> 'Imbeclie' -> 'Stupid' -> 'Retarded' -> etc etc being used to describe patients of limited mental capacity, and how over time the words were used in common parlance and then began to have a fight-back against their use anywhere.
                                        Exactly. Mentally Retarded was originally proposed as the more "correct" phase, replacing cretin/imbecile. Retard was in used by DSM text books until 2013 (Mental Disorder Definitions). The world health organisation still uses it in the current literature.

When the public is too familiar with these words, they become less clinical and more pejorative - so they sterilize is by making a new term. But it's rinse and repeat. Intellectual disability is the current preferred term. I imagine it will be derogatory in 20 years time.

Comment

Originally posted by Macau Poker Room View Post
                                          Posting Pictures jpegs etc

Could anyone give me an idiot guide to posting pictures, tournament posters and the like, please?

Connie
                                          lol some shower of Cunse
                                          https://twitter.com/MacauSporting
                                          https://www.facebook.com/Macau-Sport...F6ntdyItUsAp7E
                                          https://www.macausportingclub.com/

Comment

Does anyone know what the standard hourly charge for a DJ in dublin is? Have been asked to do play two seperate 40ths of friends of friends. I don't want to drastically undercut people who try and make a living from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Macau Poker Room View Post
                                              lol some shower of Cunse
                                              You need to host your picture on some imaging site, I think, then click the image icon of the mountain above where you type and link to the picture there.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                Interesting game going on the past couple of hours in the Party €5m

Pavel making all the right moves and just putting maximum ICM pressure on the rest of the table. Everyone is completely handcuffed. €1m FTW

https://www.twitch.tv/partypokertv
                                                That was a seriously entertaining heads up. Isildur is unbelievable that call for the tournament words can't describe, different level altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                  If somebody was genuinely a conscience objector, their decision deserves to be respected.
                                                  Bur getting out out of a draft (namely the lads in question) to cover your ass is not the same as objecting.
                                                  I'm not particularly in favour of military conscription, but it's a huge part of the US military - so that's the rules Americans, in particular the commander in chief, have to play by.
                                                  The irony of course being that genuine war heroes like John Kerry and John McCain got denigrated by draft dodgers like Bush Jnr and Trump.

Truly, black is the new white.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                                    That was a seriously entertaining heads up. Isildur is unbelievable that call for the tournament words can't describe, different level altogether.
                                                    He's a sick man.

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Comment

I got conscripted. accidentally dodged the draft, and became a fugitive for a few years. got caught and ended up in military prison. Was let go after a few days, legged it for a few more years, then got caught again, ended up in the army. Did the initial tests, was sent to see the army psychiatrist, who i managed to convince i was a very bad egg for their army, and was duly exempted for "psychological issues". (another friend of mine did the same thing to get exempted, but ended up in psychiatric prison for 3 months playing the crazy. he came out shaken but free ).

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                        I got conscripted. accidentally dodged the draft, and became a fugitive for a few years. got caught and ended up in military prison. Was let go after a few days, legged it for a few more years, then got caught again, ended up in the army. Did the initial tests, was sent to see the army psychiatrist, who i managed to convince i was a very bad egg for their army, and was duly exempted for "psychological issues". (another friend of mine did the same thing to get exempted, but ended up in psychiatric prison for 3 months playing the crazy. he came out shaken but free ).
                                                        I was kinda expecting that to segway in a Catch 22 or some movie.
                                                        I'm not sure that it didn't either

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                          Here's the full hand

Thanks 4 Watching I hope You have a Great Day, Peace . . . 🦊 😎

Comment

At times you sound like you could write a Shantaram style book at times haha, I would read it for sure
                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                              Does anyone know what the standard hourly charge for a DJ in dublin is? Have been asked to do play two seperate 40ths of friends of friends. I don't want to drastically undercut people who try and make a living from it.
                                                              I dunno if thered be a standard? Comparing to wedding/party DJs? Or to a DJ in a pub/club?

I'd imagine 100 an hour would be minimum sort of place to start let me see if there's someone I can ask
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                At times you sound like you could write a Shantaram style book at times haha, I would read it for sure
                                                                lol, funnily enough, i loved that novel, and found out very recently there was a sequel, which i'm currently reading now. biggest issue i have is my writing is appalling unfortunately.

Comment

President Trump calling out the FBI on twitter about the failure to properly investigate the Florida shooter. This is why people love him not afraid of anything!
                                                                  Ah Jack, at least try keep it believable.
                                                                  It's no fun otherwise.

if you or whoever wants, has a free 10 minutes, I'd heartily recommend looking at this

Emma Gonzalez, a student at the Parkland, Florida high school where 17 people were left dead after a mass shooting, calls out President Trump and the NRA by ...

Students have invited local DEM and GOP representatives (as well as POTUS) to town hall, DEMS have agreed, GOP is kinda quiet about the thing.

I honestly feel this might be a shooting event that gets some change.
                                                                  Angry articulate youth is a powerful weapon
                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

lol, funnily enough, i loved that novel, and found out very recently there was a sequel, which i'm currently reading now. biggest issue i have is my writing is appalling unfortunately.
                                                                    Yes actually my friend has it and I must read it, big commitment for a light reader such as myself.

I'll give dunphy a shout for the ghost writer gig
                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                      Ah Jack, at least try keep it believable.
                                                                      It's no fun otherwise.

if you or whoever wants, has a free 10 minutes, I'd heartily recommend looking at this

Emma Gonzalez, a student at the Parkland, Florida high school where 17 people were left dead after a mass shooting, calls out President Trump and the NRA by ...

Students have invited local DEM and GOP representatives (as well as POTUS) to town hall, DEMS have agreed, GOP is kinda quiet about the thing.

I honestly feel this might be a shooting event that gets some change.
                                                                      Angry articulate youth is a powerful weapon
                                                                      That is very positive thinking for a Monday morning, I severely doubt this changes anything.

Until the head of the nra or a powerful gop members has their kid mowed down nothing will change and even then it’s still a coin toss as to if they will flip sides.

Comment

A netlabel have released a mix by me, you can check it out here (its pretty damn good!) https://invisibleagent.com/music/pod...ast-episode-65

Comment

A netlabel have released a mix by me, you can check it out here (its pretty damn good!) https://invisibleagent.com/music/pod...ast-episode-65
                                                                          Marked for after lunch! Nice one
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                            That is very positive thinking for a Monday morning, I severely doubt this changes anything.
                                                                            Agree doubt it changes anything.

If you were to put yourself in the shoes of the typical NRA member the rise of ANTIFA etc. will make them more determined than ever to hold onto their guns.

Comment

The_Donald had this to say:

And our favourite cheeto flavoured human had this nugget to add:
                                                                              While there, he joked with the police officer who arrested Nikolas Cruz, the 19-year-old suspected shooter who reportedly plans to plead guilty to 17 counts of premeditated murder.

"That was so modest, I would have told it much differently," Trump said to the officer. "I would have said without me, they never would have found him."

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Did see the idea that military veterans could be employed to provide security at schools, seems like a no brainer. Kids would feel much safer than and the loony's would think twice.

Comment

The_Donald had this to say:

And our favourite cheeto flavoured human had this nugget to add:

The top bit can't possibly be true?

Comment

Did see the idea that military veterans could be employed to provide security at schools, seems like a no brainer. Kids would feel much safer than and the loony's would think twice.
                                                                                    You haven't thought this through have you?
                                                                                    The problems with this should be immediately apparent.

Comment

r/the_donald

Reddit right wing hivemind

Comment

Reckon there's a plot hole or two but it's basically fact
                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                          Trip report?
                                                                                          It was probably tamer than other stag parties to Amsterdam as in none of the group were off riding prostitutes and was just mainly made up of beer, spliffs, space cakes and mushrooms.

We all met up in the airport at 6:30AM for some pre flight pints ahead of the 8:40AM flight. Some more beers on the plane over and we touched down in Schipol just after 11AM Dutch time. From there it was a train into the centre and a tram out to Liedesplein to check into our hotel (Hotel Vondel) which was a cool little spot. Once checked in, we hit the hotel bar for a few beers as it was at least 60 minutes since we had one. From there we headed to a cool bar I'd lined that had loads of pool tables and darts board and whiled away several hours with drunken pool/Darts.

When we had our fill of that, we grabbed dinner in a nice little steak place and from there it was onto a cafe for spliffs and space cakes. One of the waitresses working there was a right little Hitler whose personality did not suit the vibe of the place so we bailed with our new purchases after about 45 minutes. From there it was a pub crawl mostly around the red light district which included us being asked to leave one pub as we'd pretty much made most of their other customers leave due to us being very rowdy. The final straw was an epic recreation of the lift scene from dirty dancing that went very wrong and may have resulted in some damage to fixtures and fittings. I have zero idea how we went from spliffs and space cakes to dirty dancing but at the time it seemed like a logical leap.

The final pub of the crawl was great. The tunes were banging out, the type of pub where they welcome 10 lads off their face, screaming and roaring (you couldn't call it singing) all the words to each song. By midnight, we were starting to have the odd casualty so we headed for the hotel. Rounding up 9 drunken, off their faces, messes of humans is not easy but I somehow managed to do it and everyone made it back alive. From there some crashed and the balance hit up an RnB Hip Hop club night in Paradiso that I had sorted tickets to. It was brilliant but after an hour and a half, we were all bunched and hit the sack. A 20+ hour bender wasn't the worst start to a stag.

Saturday was a slightly slower start with beers not commencing until a bit later than Friday and that was after a good feed at breakfast, a power nap and a shower. But we soon picked up the pace and after about 4 hours in a bar in Leidseplein, we headed back towards the red light district where I'd lined up a sports bar for some FA Cup action. The bar wasn't great but they were cool with us smoking spliffs and taking mushrooms so we stayed for a few hours before hitting a better sports bar for the Utd match. At this stage a few people were watching Schalke playing thinking they were watching Utd, the magic of the cup is strong when two Germans teams make the 5th round!!

From there, it was more of pub crawl until we all lost the will to continue at around 3:30am

Sunday morning was rough as fuck but in my messed up state, I had managed to arranged luxury taxis from the hotel and the airport. Worked out at only a tenner a head and was a genius option over having to handle the trams/train. I actually Don't think I would have been able to operate that even though it's proper simple.

A couple of beers in the airport and a good nap on the plane and before we knew it, we were back in Dublin. We all said our goodbyes and headed for home until there was a suggestion of one last pint, taxi's were diverted and that one last pint turned into about 5 before several of the group were summoned to come home.

Overall, it was great banter. Great bunch of lads having a lot of good craic. There was also the odd inappropriate joke. My favourite being
                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                          Fisting being rebranded as the Jackson 5

Can you apply for organ transplants on your VHI?

Comment

That's a fear moment of self awareness to arrive at on a cold Monday morning!

Congratulations on the break through, hope it leads somewhere good!

Comment

They should make it mandatory for for everyone over 15 to carry a gun in America. That'd be great craic. I'd just have make sure that I didn't happen to go there while that rule was in place, although I'd imagine the nra think it would eradicate shooting deaths.

Comment

I've not been around much the last while but anytime I check in Jack is on a rampage, what brought your seeming descent into madness?

You are sounding exactly like a friends brother (post below) I posted in here awhile back about how to debate with him, he's subsequently deleted me off Facebook for not being able to deal/discuss topics I'm imaging.

"Yo folks, I've not been very active on the site the last while but when I checked from time to time I seen some political stuff about Trump etc, got pretty caught up with it all and my Twitter went from following pornstars & page 3 models to activists/political commentators/journalists etc.

I've had some debate/discussion with a friends brother on Facebook and he seems to have gone from being a liberal to a right wing. Lot of Breitbart articles/Fox News and he likes Tucker Carlson, trying to keep a healthy debate going but my brain hurts if I try to read it it's too toxic. How do I engage with him without meting my brain?"
                                                                                                Last edited by tylerdurden94; 19-02-18, 12:47.
                                                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Had an MRI scan this morning. Up till then thought that sticking a camera up your penis to check out your bladder, was the worst thing going. MRI has taken it's place, just felt like it was never going to end.
                                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Herald
                                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                      Herald
                                                                                                      got that earlier via whatsapp.
                                                                                                      fairly crass stuff alright

Comment

That was great stuff, a few familiars but a good bit of new stuff. I have that Sharon Van Etten tune rinsed since I heard it on Bonobos essential mix years ago, haven't heard it anywhere else since, it's great
                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                          Herald
                                                                                                          You'd never havee seen that in the Press

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                              I've not been around much the last while but anytime I check in Jack is on a rampage, what brought your seeming descent into madness?

You are sounding exactly like a friends brother (post below) I posted in here awhile back about how to debate with him, he's subsequently deleted me off Facebook for not being able to deal/discuss topics I'm imaging.

"Yo folks, I've not been very active on the site the last while but when I checked from time to time I seen some political stuff about Trump etc, got pretty caught up with it all and my Twitter went from following pornstars & page 3 models to activists/political commentators/journalists etc.

I've had some debate/discussion with a friends brother on Facebook and he seems to have gone from being a liberal to a right wing. Lot of Breitbart articles/Fox News and he likes Tucker Carlson, trying to keep a healthy debate going but my brain hurts if I try to read it it's too toxic. How do I engage with him without meting my brain?"
                                                                                                              Don’t engage D. There’s no upside to it. He isn’t going to see your point of view or change his mind and you are going to spend your time engaging with a negative energy.

Trying to influence things you can’t control is a downward negative spiral that too many of us get caught up in. Take a tip from top performers in lots of different fields they have their own script and metrics by which they judge themselves and the world they create around themselves and it’s something we could all learn from.
                                                                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

anyone got any experienced with managed cloud infrastructure for business?
                                                                                                                Or recommended vendor?
                                                                                                                I've been given what to my eyes is a hilarious quote for services but dont really know enough about the market to price accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                  Don’t engage D. There’s no upside to it. He isn’t going to see your point of view or change his mind and you are going to spend your time engaging with a negative energy.

Trying to influence things you can’t control is a downward negative spiral that too many of us get caught up in. Take a tip from top performers in lots of different fields they have their own script and metrics by which they judge themselves and the world they create around themselves and it’s something we could all learn from.
                                                                                                                  If you must engage try this as your starting point;
                                                                                                                  ask what would be the red line in changing their mind?
                                                                                                                  I mean if tomorrow, we had demonstrable proof lets say that Trump & co.had nothing to do with Russian election fiddling, I'd be able to change my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                    I was kinda expecting that to segway in a Catch 22 or some movie.
                                                                                                                    I'm not sure that it didn't either
                                                                                                                    I was waiting for him to move to LA and live underground with a muscly black dude wearing loads of gold, an attractive male who can talk his way out of anything and a born leader with grey hair and loads of plans.
                                                                                                                    After that they would help out victims of injustice while all the time staying one step ahead of a team of inept MP's.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

Felt very futile at times I'll admit but Trump is just straight up awful and the mind boggles at times with the rhetoric, I've never been very political at all but something caught me with this whole mess. I'll agree there is a lot outside of my control but if nobody ever tried to engage to try and get across a rational point or get people to open their minds then we're gonna be in for an awful time. This struck me awhile ago when I heard it "Those who never change their mind never change anything."

Can you elaborate on this a little more? "Take a tip from top performers in lots of different fields they have their own script and metrics by which they judge themselves and the world they create around themselves and it’s something we could all learn from."

If you must engage try this as your starting point;
                                                                                                                      ask what would be the red line in changing their mind?
                                                                                                                      I mean if tomorrow, we had demonstrable proof lets say that Trump & co.had nothing to do with Russian election fiddling, I'd be able to change my mind.
                                                                                                                      I read this article on Poltico this morning and this struck me "I keep coming back the slapdash nature of Trump’s 2016 operation, and the chaos and dysfunction that everyone who covered that campaign saw play out each day. Like the Trump White House, the Trump campaign was a viper’s nest of incompetence and intrigue, with aides leaking viciously against one another almost daily. So much damaging information poured out of Trump Tower that it’s hard to believe a conspiracy to collude with Moscow to win the election never went public. If there was such a conspiracy, it must have been a very closely guarded secret."

Listening to a podcast the other day and they were talking about how if it all turns out to be a fugazi about Russian collusion then what's the legal grounds for impeachment when/if he obstructed justice?

Outside of all the Russia stuff it's been something week in week out since taking office, an absolute clusterfuck of a situation.

Think it was you who awhile back linked to this article and now last week the story coming out about another alleged affair with a former Playboy model with AMI catching and killing stories about Trump.

Comment

On a similar note Last Week Tonight was back last night with Season 5, main topic of discussion below.

America's reputation is being damaged by its own president. John Oliver, several dinosaurs, and the NYC Gay Men's Chorus remind the world that our country is...

Comment

anyone got any experienced with managed cloud infrastructure for business?
                                                                                                                          Or recommended vendor?
                                                                                                                          I've been given what to my eyes is a hilarious quote for services but dont really know enough about the market to price accordingly.
                                                                                                                          Our outsourcing/offshoring company does this if you want to chat to them.

Obv we can get you a few contractors instead but can let you know who is good if you want to go down a standard consultancy route - eye watering fees for that tho

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X