Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
    Get yourself back to Malta and you won't need to drive again

Speaking of which; there's plenty of jobs going in my place all of the time. We were 8 handed when i moved over 2+ years ago, and now we're 60+ and have expanded right across the floor where our offices are situated. We're also opening an office in Barcelona in 2019 and we'll be able to stick about ~100 soldiers in there too!

You'll get a €2k travel allowance to use heading off wherever you want, a €1600 wellness benefit to use at gyms and looking after yourself. Lots of freebies from time to time like Bose Headphones, Kindle Paperweight, company branded gear, memberships to beach clubs, tickets to see top gigs like Pete Tong (and Faithless this Sunday) and other perks. Not to mention the all expenses paid trip to Cancun in April! Next month, a guy that's been working with me closely in the company for the past 3 years remotely, is making the move with his wife and 2 kids to join up on a full-time gig.

Might interest some of you looking for a new challenge. Check out our (in need of some love) website and let me know if anything here interests you and i'll be happy to help where I can
    Those job descriptions give me a headache
    Looks like a !!FUN!! place to work
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Yeah Flushie, I didn't want to say it as I'm nice but those job descriptions make the company seem like the bastard lovechild of David Brent and Noel Furlong.

Comment

Ha, I don't think those job descriptions are that bad! It's just par for the course trying to recruit those darn millennials, who want to work somewhere cool and won't even respond to old-fashioned job specs. Or so we are led to believe.

I had to write a job spec today, always fun to fill in this template line:

"You don’t need to be the Cincinnati Kid to join us, but someone with XXX will fit right in."

Replace XXX with something boring like actual candidate requirements and what needs to be done day-to-day, you know, what makes work work and what we pay people for!

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
          My Friend's company bought him a Model S with all the extras. He was on a waiting list for a Model 3.

The thing is absolutely incredible.
          I could think of plenty more cars i'd rather own for 107k but he is in heaven.
          Originally posted by mocata View Post
          Visited a Tesla showroom in Santa Monica, they really do have the looks and feels knocked out of the park. Will be almost tragic if/when it all goes tits-up.
          In light of this discussion I took a picture of my car charging at lunch time today....

Car_charging.jpg
          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Need to replace Cincinnati Kid with something the kids understand! Fortnite streamer or something. There is great value in simply having somebody on your team as a meme creator. If you don't know what a meme is then you need it all the more.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
              In light of this discussion I took a picture of my car charging at lunch time today....

[ATTACH]2535[/ATTACH]
              That your S?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                  That your S?
                  lol. No that’s the joke! I own the Nissan Leaf parked behind it.

I didn’t get to ask the owner if he bought it on PCP unfortunately as he was just leaving as I arrived back. Looked like a software developer type so he may have been Tars buddy.
                  Last edited by V for Vendetta; 10-08-18, 15:13.
                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

A friend of mine who is a software type and owns a Tesla? I'm afraid you'll have to get a lot more specific

Comment

I see an i8 parked out in Dun Laoghaire regularly, another thing of beauty
                      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                        Those job descriptions give me a headache
                        Looks like a !!FUN!! place to work
                        It is 100% a fun place to work

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                        Yeah Flushie, I didn't want to say it as I'm nice but those job descriptions make the company seem like the bastard lovechild of David Brent and Noel Furlong.
                        Yeah I don't like it myself, but it's a HR decision and they think it works well in Malta. They won't be there in a few months anyway because like i said, it's on the 'need some love' list.

Comment

Hey guys, I recently got given the task of relaunching all the Fitzs weekly tournaments. Details here: http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...d.php?t=23901#

Starting this Sunday at 7pm with a new round of each tournament. To celebrate and talk about the changes I'll be having a couple of beers on the balcony, feel free to drop in.

Comment

Can someone randomize numbers 1-15 for me please

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                              Can someone randomize numbers 1-15 for me please
                              15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
                                Yo, have you joined the H2h league? We’re missing 1 paid player and it’s about to close
                                Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

€50 a head - we'll go on the honour system

Winner is first team to 15 EPL total goals at the end of a match.

If more than one team reaches it in the same matchweek it will go on -
                                  A) which match was played first
                                  B) minute the 15th goal was scored if matches kicked off at the same time

If your team goes over 15 during a match your next target will be 30.

5 teams not included - Brighton, Watford, Huddersfield, Cardiff & Fulham.

Think that's everything - glgl (sent Flushdraw a pre-randomized list as a neutral observer)

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                    Yo, have you joined the H2h league? We’re missing 1 paid player and it’s about to close
                                    Can’t log into the game at the mo but I’m nearly certain I entered it.

EDIT - Ya it’s in my league list - must be someone else that missed out

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                      I see an i8 parked out in Dun Laoghaire regularly, another thing of beauty
                                      Electric range‎: ‎37 km

Whats the point of plug in hybrids at all

Would you not get much more carbon efficiency charging the battery on braking and cruising than pretending your not burning diesel and turf when you plug in for the tiny bit of battery?
                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                          Everyone take the fam to mama mia in cinema was fucking brill. I was nearly clapping at the end lol good few singing away at it too. Great movie.
                                          Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                          Did you go on the wrong site by mistake again?

is over there
                                          Just back from this myself, took the youngest. The eldest seen it already and recommended it. Thoroughly enjoyed it, Aimee was singing away and I was mouthing the words too.

Good wee movie

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                            Just back from this myself, took the youngest. The eldest seen it already and recommended it. Thoroughly enjoyed it, Aimee was singing away and I was mouthing the words too.

Good wee movie
                                            Did ya walk out of cinema as happy as Larry lol just puts ya in great form doesn't it!
                                            Her sky-ness
                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                              Did ya walk out of cinema as happy as Larry lol just puts ya in great form doesn't it!
                                              Yeah has a feel-good thing going on

Comment

Another year, another year of mourinho football
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Another year, another year of mourinho football
                                                    Were you tied down and forced to watch it

Comment

We stayed very close to there a few years back HH.

If you're into your seafood, I recommend this spot most heartily. Get the two-person platter, a bottle of something cold and wet, a bib and get busy!
                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

That's awesome.
                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                            All I know of Musk is his unfounded and irrational hatred of hydrogen as a fuel source while roundly ignoring the elephant in the battery room being the dwindling supplies of lithium. I'm on the hydrogen train so I hope he fails.
                                                            There's loads of lithium... in space
                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                              There's loads of lithium... in space
                                                              And the US have the force required to secure it against all the other space armies.

Comment

happy drunk Friday

Haley Cole with her rendition of "Killing the Blues" in Dallas, Texas.

Comment

Lets keep this positive mood !!

Provided to YouTube by Rhino AtlanticHelpless · Crosby, Stills, Nash & YoungDeja Vu℗ 1970 Atlantic Recording Corp.Engineer: Bill HalversonDrums: Dallas Taylo...
                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

I knew i heard that song before Willie.

John Prine playing at the McDonald Theatre in Eugene, OR on 9/12/11. This was definitely on of the high points of my summer for sure! Full review of the show...
                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZYqN2mZB5A
                                                                        Robert Plant and Alison Krauss version is good.

Comment

The musical collaboration of the decade, Raising Sand is the sound of two iconic figures stepping out of their respective comfort zones and letting their ins...

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZYqN2mZB5A
                                                                            Yeah was looking at the song in open D tuning . Watch a few versions just thought hers was a great version when it appeared in the window . Great voice

Comment

Love that album.

Comment

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                      And also there's no link between good economic conditions and happiness after a normal level of wealth has been achieved in a country (personal situation matters 99%+ for that), so the cartoonist could do with reading up on his behavioural economics (as could just about every government)!
                                                                                      Without knowing where the cartoon comes from or the politics of the cartoonist, I think there is a chance you and Denny are missing the point

The person on the left is on a laptop, source of information unknown...

The person on the right is reading the print media, source of information...

then again, that could just be my reading of it

Comment

...
                                                                                        Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 11-08-18, 14:39.

Comment

I'd have thought that the guy on the left iss more concerned about the fate of children who are continuing to be tortured tortured for no better reason than to satisfy the pathological liars twitter rage.

Comment

Not just laptop v print, just both people reading the media that follows their politics and what they want to believe.

Comment

It probably bears repeating that a society is not the same thing as an economy.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                It probably bears repeating that a society is not the same thing as an economy.
                                                                                                The terms are more or less synonymous, the economy is how people in society interact with each other in all matters that involve exchange and how we share resources.

Also the phrase 'I want to live in a society not in an economy' is as sure a marker of the utter gobshite as you are likely to find in modern Ireland.

Comment

Galway actually making a game of it here in Croke Park. Weird atmosphere, doesn't feel like a semi final.
                                                                                                  Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Got to love that economic growth

US wage growth is being wiped out entirely by inflation

So what exactly is the guy cheering on?

That despite economic growth being above average he is seeing a paycut? Or maybe he's delighted he no longer has health insurance? Or he's a saint who realises that even though he's not gaining at least he can be delighted that the poor corporations that employ him are gaining? Or that pesky red tape stopping his water supply being poisoned is now out of the way?
                                                                                                    Imagine how bad that inflation would be without the wage growth.

The difference too is that the things on the right are quantifiable, lower unemployment and higher labour participation have real effects, stormy Daniels not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                      Imagine how bad that inflation would be without the wage growth.

The difference too is that the things on the right are quantifiable, lower unemployment and higher labour participation have real effects, stormy Daniels not so much.
                                                                                                      Clinton getting a bj from Lewinski was the biggest news in America for months 20 years ago for people now not caring about stormy Daniels and the like.

Comment

Jonathan Swift wrote about Trump over 300 years ago.

Originally posted by Jonathan Swift
                                                                                                        The superiority of his genius consists in nothing else but an inexhaustible fund of political lies, which he plentifully distributes every minute he speaks, and by an unparalleled generosity forgets, and consequently contradicts, the next half hour. He never yet considered whether any proposition were true or false, but whether it were convenient for the present minute or company to affirm or deny it; so that if you think fit to refine upon him, by interpreting everything he says, as we do dreams, by the contrary, you are still to seek, and will find yourself equally deceived whether you believe or not: the only remedy is to suppose, that you have heard some inarticulate sounds, without any meaning at all; and besides, that will take off the horror you might be apt to conceive at the oaths, wherewith he perpetually tags both ends of every proposition; although, at the same time, I think he cannot with any justice be taxed with perjury, when he invokes God and Christ, because he hath often fairly given public notice to the world that he believes in neither.

Comment

Bought a new stylus last week, just to play my old 78ths. Had my first go at digitising one today. Not too shabby imo

And fuck you Mr Bean

From the original transmission, not the shortened version as seen in all compilations/broadcasts since. Punchline included...
                                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                            Clinton getting a bj from Lewinski was the biggest news in America for months 20 years ago for people now not caring about stormy Daniels and the like.
                                                                                                            Is there a correlation between illicit sex acts and the economy doing well. Must have been boom times when JFK was president.
                                                                                                            Last edited by Denny Crane; 11-08-18, 17:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                              Jonathan Swift wrote about Trump over 300 years ago.
                                                                                                              Did you see this btw?

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                                                                Galway actually making a game of it here in Croke Park. Weird atmosphere, doesn't feel like a semi final.
                                                                                                                Turned into kicking practice in the end. Premier league back so the dubs probably at home watching it and Galway hurling probably taking over the football tbf. They'll be out in force for watch the dubs stroll to a 4 in a row and be on about what great support they have. Yawn.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                  Turned into kicking practice in the end. Premier league back so the dubs probably at home watching it and Galway hurling probably taking over the football tbf. They'll be out in force for watch the dubs stroll to a 4 in a row and be on about what great support they have. Yawn.
                                                                                                                  Well said from a young Kerry man waiting for the 🌹 of Tralee
                                                                                                                  Get practicing hard and you will return to the big pitch in Dublin soon

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                      The terms are more or less synonymous, the economy is how people in society interact with each other in all matters that involve exchange and how we share resources.

Also the phrase 'I want to live in a society not in an economy' is as sure a marker of the utter gobshite as you are likely to find in modern Ireland.
                                                                                                                      Bah, this hardly merits anything beyond a roll eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                        sad reflection on the Kerry boys with just football to concentration on and 3 glasses of guinness on the drive home whereas in civilisation the poor ol Dubs have many other sports to contend with.. good point Dobbs

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X