Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Aha. Knew that Mueller raid couldn't just be about paying off hookers.

If Cohen did go to Prague to meet Russians - something he excessively denies - it opens the whole collusion case wide. Interesting.
    Rolling Stone have done some research on Cohen.

He could indeed be the domino.

I will get Putin on this program and we will get Donald elected. We both know no one else knows how to pull this off without stupidity or greed getting in the way. I know how to play it and we will get this done. Buddy our boy can become President of the USA and we can engineer. I will get all of Putins team to buy in on this
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
      That's not what you said in your post. You said it may be an offence to know that you are registered in two places and not correct it. That is not an offence. It couldn't be since you aren't the one responsible for the register, the local council is. Personation, what you're referring to, is different.
      So AJ could be committing an offence then?

Comment

A Quiet place. Great watch . Emily is my new pin up. sorry Britney

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
          So AJ could be committing an offence then?
          Nope.
          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
            ever seen this one ? literal version

My full cover of this song shot entirely on an iPhone around the house: https://youtu.be/MIW_7PHOIWgThis video is the ORIGINAL and FIRST "literal video" that...

Comment

More Cohen stuff, this time big picture.

Comment

Nope.
                Ok I will accept your learned view but http://www.housing.gov.ie/sites/defa...f_electors.pdf but Section 2 of this. And Schedule 2 of the 1992 Act would say otherwise.

If you register for a second passport because you left your other one at your old house with no intention to use it would it be an offence?

Comment

Ok I will accept your learned view but http://www.housing.gov.ie/sites/defa...f_electors.pdf but Section 2 of this. And Schedule 2 of the 1992 Act would say otherwise.
                  Let's be clear. Neither Section 2 of the document you've linked (which specifically notes that it is not a comprehensive document on electoral law) nor the Second Schedule to the Electoral Act, 1992 make what AJ described an offence.

If I get 100 polling cards sent to me, that's not an offence. If I wilfully allow 100 cards to be sent to me in the blatant knowledge that it will happen, that's not an offence.

However, if I get 1 polling card and then I ask for another one (unless in accordance with section 102 of the 1992 Act) that is an offence. Or, if I try and use a ballot paper I have been inadvertently sent in addition to my lawfully provided ballot then that is an offence.

So, in greater detail than my previous answers, you're wrong - AJ is not liable to have committed an offence. We cannot punish people for the State's lack of efficiency. There has to be a mental component from the voter - so they either have to ask when they know they shouldn't or vote twice when they know they shouldn't.

What you have posited might be an offence isn't. The evidence you've used to support that assertion doesn't support it whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                    maybe, but i don't think it influenced the fight that much (other than a point being docked). Gaethje is a fantastic brawler, but brawling is fine as long as you win, when you start losing (and that's now 2 in a row), you just end up just having entertainment value. he's going to have to change his game up a little if he wants any kind of longevity in the UFC.
                    100% agreed on Gaethje, he needs to evolve or he'll only be a gatekeeper for top 5 at best. That last fight with Alvarez was awesome too.

Comment

However, if I get 1 polling card and then I ask for another one (unless in accordance with section 102 of the 1992 Act) that is an offence. Or, if I try and use a ballot paper I have been inadvertently sent in addition to my lawfully provided ballot then that is an offence.
                      Thank you for the response. My point is this bit by registering again at the new address without cancelling the first address you are asking for another polling card to be issued in your name. By registering there is an expectation of receiving another polling card in your name.

If this wasn't the case a student say could easily register at home and when move to college have no obligation to inform the State of his previous registration. (I know this is a commonly done thing - doesn't make it legal.)

We cannot punish people for the State's lack of efficiency.
                      In fairness to the State how else is it supposed to know? There is plenty of self-assessment systems i.e. the tax system which are audited as it is impossible to check everyone and a penalty for doing it wrong.

There has to be a mental component from the voter - so they either have to ask when they know they shouldn't
                      He has asked when he knew he shouldn't.

Comment

Thank you for the response. My point is this bit by registering again at the new address without cancelling the first address you are asking for another polling card to be issued in your name. By registering there is an expectation of receiving another polling card in your name.
                        Nope, once he registered his new address as being his primary address for the register of electors then he did all he was required to do. The RFA3 Form specifies your previous address but regularly people fill it out and, for whatever reason, they are not removed from the previous register. This happens most often when they move from one local council area to another (Dublin City Council to Fingal Co. Co. happens absolutely all the time).

Also, the key issue here is that he needs to have actually physically received a ballot paper for the election before applying for another ballot paper in his own name at the same election. So if he is registered in two constituencies and receives two ballot papers but never applied for the second one then he is not committing an offence. No spin you put on what AJ said will make it an offence. It just isn't.

If this wasn't the case a student say could easily register at home and when move to college have no obligation to inform the State of his previous registration. (I know this is a commonly done thing - doesn't make it legal.)
                        Nor does it make it illegal.

He has asked when he knew he shouldn't.
                        Did I miss where he received a ballot for the upcoming referendum and then, after he had received it, applied to the State for a second ballot in his own name? If so perhaps you could point me to that post - we may be talking at cross-purposes.

Comment

Nope, once he registered his new address as being his primary address for the register of electors then he did all he was required to do. The RFA3 Form specifies your previous address but regularly people fill it out and, for whatever reason, they are not removed from the previous register. This happens most often when they move from one local council area to another (Dublin City Council to Fingal Co. Co. happens absolutely all the time).

Also, the key issue here is that he needs to have actually physically received a ballot paper for the election before applying for another ballot paper in his own name at the same election. So if he is registered in two constituencies and receives two ballot papers but never applied for the second one then he is not committing an offence. No spin you put on what AJ said will make it an offence. It just isn't.

Nor does it make it illegal.

Did I miss where he received a ballot for the upcoming referendum and then, after he had received it, applied to the State for a second ballot in his own name? If so perhaps you could point me to that post - we may be talking at cross-purposes.
                          I am not trying to spin it. I am just trying to work it out. That the form states you put your previous address for removal and they don't remove it clears it up. Thank you for your input.

Comment

I am not trying to spin it. I am just trying to work it out. That the form states you put your previous address for removal and they don't remove it clears it up. Thank you for your input.
                            Here it is.

Comment

Thanks. It is clear from that he has informed the State to cancel the previous registration so it is not his fault if they don't.

Comment

Rolling Stone have done some research on Cohen.

He could indeed be the domino.
                                Great article. It feels so unreal though, how can this be reality?

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                  Great article. It feels so unreal though, how can this be reality?
                                  I've been reading a lot about American politics recently - in the light of day, a Trump-like figure appears a historical certainty. Since the Clinton presidency the GOP has been getting dragged further to the right - this is what you get.

Trump himself though. You literally couldn't make this shit up.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                      ever seen this one ? literal version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HE9O4FnkQ
                                      haha very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                        Anyone any thoughts on trello as a project management software i.e. who might have used it and would either recommend it or recommend an alternative?
                                        What are you using it for? What kind of projects? Do you only need it for task management? Or also to store and create project content or artifacts?
                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Trello is a top quality piece of software. If you have office 365 then microsoft planner is included for free, if everyone on your project is on 365 i wouldnt bother with Trello but if you have to include people from lots of different places then its more inclusive. They are all just tools tho at end of day, only as good as the PM driving them.
                                          Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                          https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Anyone any thoughts on trello as a project management software i.e. who might have used it and would either recommend it or recommend an alternative?
                                            I use it daily. I prefer jira personally but it does the job
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Cheers everyone! Yep it's really just for task management within projects. Find I use Google calendar very well for keeping track of individual tasks, but always lose track of the larger project they are part of (such as what other people are doing, timely progression). Wife uses Jira and isn't too much of a fan.
                                                Im using Craft.io for some stuff at the moment and I think it’s great. It still has the task management and kanban boards you expect, but has a whole host of other project meta features.
                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

More Cohen stuff, this time big picture.
                                                  Reads more like hopecasting than actual analysis.
                                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                    Wow, you forget that these pieces are arranged and played by orchestras for the score.
                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

I have been using Trello for a couple of years but recently out company switched over to Asana. Both do the job.

I find Asana useful with the tool to assign tasks and dates where I can mark who has to do what task and when I need it done for. Very user friendly.

Comment

Anyone have a link to the season finale of TWD? shush doesn't have last night up and 123 was looking for me to create an account and add CC details.

Comment

Have to appreciate Macrons Trump digs every chance he gets.
                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                            Have to appreciate Macrons Trump digs every chance he gets.
                                                            Are they digs from Macron , is it not just Trump tripping up over his own spectacular incompetence?
                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                              Are they digs from Macron , is it not just Trump tripping up over his own spectacular incompetence?
                                                              Well possible. But it'll kill him for someone to say they steered him on anything. Macron went to bed with the smuggest of grins last night.
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                Anyone have a link to the season finale of TWD? shush doesn't have last night up and 123 was looking for me to create an account and add CC details.
                                                                Got one now.

Comment

Morning dear friends (eh, hmm feck),

I’ve a month to get the ol beach body in shape. So ditch the bread and I’ll be fine yeah? Anyone done this? Headaches? I’m addicted to the bread so not sure the effect it will have on me. I’ve managed to ditch the diet coke addiction and that was difficult. I’m a lucky type in that I react well to training fairly quickly. What’s a reasonable drop in 4 weeks. Also I’ve since developed a skin tag on my arm. Ok to just slice this off? Ugly yoke. Anyone administered skin tag execution?

Thank you dear friends (eh, hmm, feck)

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                    Morning dear friends (eh, hmm feck),

I’ve a month to get the ol beach body in shape. So ditch the bread and I’ll be fine yeah? Anyone done this? Headaches? I’m addicted to the bread so not sure the effect it will have on me. I’ve managed to ditch the diet coke addiction and that was difficult. I’m a lucky type in that I react well to training fairly quickly. What’s a reasonable drop in 4 weeks. Also I’ve since developed a skin tag on my arm. Ok to just slice this off? Ugly yoke. Anyone administered skin tag execution?

Thank you dear friends (eh, hmm, feck)
                                                                    Cut down on the carbs and you could drop 10-14lbs in a month. Up the water intake and get a load of chicken/fish and veggies etc.

No clue on the skin tag. I had one long ago under armpit and I accidentally sliced off shaving. It never came back and no problems with it.

Comment

Got one now.
                                                                      Ugh, it was an old episode of the Walking Dead in place of Ep 16. If anyone can find a place where I can watch without any hassle.

Cheers!

Comment

Ugh, it was an old episode of the Walking Dead in place of Ep 16. If anyone can find a place where I can watch without any hassle.

Cheers!
                                                                        Bound to be widely available on torrent sites.

Without any spoilers, what have the last few episodes been like compared to the previous ones? Ep 9 is the last one I've watched so far.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post

Without any spoilers, what have the last few episodes been like compared to the previous ones? Ep 9 is the last one I've watched so far.
                                                                          Shit

Comment

Cheers!
                                                                            Take 30 mins. Set up showrss. Add the finalised rss feed to your torrent client. It will automatically download your shows when they become available. Loads of guides out there.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post

Episode 15 was a bit better, but some of it had been pretty slow.

shush got it up finally, tried loads of places and I don't use any torrent software on my works laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                Shit
                                                                                SPOILER
                                                                                that Carl was some pussy. Letters were gay. Stfu Carl

Comment

Where's PSV58 this weather?

Comment

Just seen the finale of TWD, decent viewing.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                      Out canvassing obv.
                                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Facefuck made his head assplode

Comment

Anyone done Benicassim? Whats it like to get from Barcelona to the festival?
                                                                                          Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                          https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

A friend of mine is in a lease/part IV and so is another guy living there (it's not their first lease there, have been there years), the latter guy is moving out at the end of the lease and my friend would like to get somebody else to live there.

The landlord has straight up said they won't accept anybody and they are quite happy with this as they just want to airbnb the place instead for more money. While they couldn't kick anybody out they can basically make it so nobody new can come in and he can't afford the rent on his own. This is all above board? It sounds like it is but it sure is nasty. They are turning all the apartments in the block into airbnbs when they get a chance.

Anybody know if that is fine or against legislation? He can just bring in somebody as a licensee?

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                              Anyone done Benicassim? Whats it like to get from Barcelona to the festival?
                                                                                              What kind of music you after? I've never been but always got the impression Benicassim was Spain's oxygen. Primavera and sonar are both fantastic Festivals in Barca if you aren't tied to a date
                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Will have 6 days to make my way from Bilbao to Nice.

Shrap or anyone, where should I stop? Never been to France & less is more in terms of stops.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                  A friend of mine is in a lease/part IV and so is another guy living there (it's not their first lease there, have been there years), the latter guy is moving out at the end of the lease and my friend would like to get somebody else to live there.

The landlord has straight up said they won't accept anybody and they are quite happy with this as they just want to airbnb the place instead for more money. While they couldn't kick anybody out they can basically make it so nobody new can come in and he can't afford the rent on his own. This is all above board? It sounds like it is but it sure is nasty. They are turning all the apartments in the block into airbnbs when they get a chance.

Anybody know if that is fine or against legislation? He can just bring in somebody as a licensee?
                                                                                                  If the original lease doesn't mention blocking sub-letting I think I read in the past that you could sublet the room.... Could be completely wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                    Will have 6 days to make my way from Bilbao to Nice.

Shrap or anyone, where should I stop? Never been to France & less is more in terms of stops.
                                                                                                    When is this? Might influence certain choices

Comment

I would say there's a potential issue for the landlord around the place not being zoned for short-term letting - that seems to be the sticking point in general about people farming lettings out to Airbnb.

Comment

Here's one for Strewel:

Comment

Ring Threshold and RTB to explain the situation and then open a dispute with RTB online.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                            If the original lease doesn't mention blocking sub-letting I think I read in the past that you could sublet the room.... Could be completely wrong though.
                                                                                                            Subletting is being blocked by the LL in this case, needs written permission. Licensee seems to be different.
                                                                                                            I would say there's a potential issue for the landlord around the place not being zoned for short-term letting - that seems to be the sticking point in general about people farming lettings out to Airbnb.
                                                                                                            They've already made a few apartments in the block into airbnbs so I guess they haven't had an issue and are converting them all.

Licensee seems to be the best bet so trying to learn more about that for him.

Comment

...

Comment

Subletting is being blocked by the LL in this case, needs written permission. Licensee seems to be different.

They've already made a few apartments in the block into airbnbs so I guess they haven't had an issue and are converting them all.

Licensee seems to be the best bet so trying to learn more about that for him.
                                                                                                                That doesn't mean they have planning permission - they very likely don't. PRTB is obviously your next stop, but ringing the local council and enquiring about planning wouldn't go astray either.

Comment

Oh Neilson

Her finger is three seconds ahead of her brain

Comment

That doesn't mean they have planning permission - they very likely don't. PRTB is obviously your next stop, but ringing the local council and enquiring about planning wouldn't go astray either.
                                                                                                                    PRTB were useless he said, threshold actually gave him good advice however, same as the licencee stuff I came up with. Wouldn't mind turning the screw on them over their other lettings too, thanks.

My friend put PRTB's contribution more elegantly:

PRTB are a pair of useless withered bollocks swaying in the wind. They were zero help to me today. I had the feeling yer wan had a lawyer holding a taser to her the entire phone call.

Comment

I take it it is too late to change your address for the referendum by this stage? Can you do an RFA3 still?
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 16-04-18, 20:44.

Comment

I take it it is too late to change your address for the referendum by this stage? Can you do an RFA3 still?
                                                                                                                        Saw this on twitter earlier so it doesn't look like it is.

Comment

A disciplined team of Yes campaigners sweeping the 'hood this evening.

By contrast, haven't seen a No campaigner yet although the poster foetus count remains high.

Mrs DIII valiantly tried to explain to kids what abortion is. "Isn't that murdering a baby?"

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X