I reraise to 22k with JJ
    Button calls
    Flop 8 6 8
    i bet 27k button calls
    Turn 5 i check
    Button bets 45k, i call
    River K i check
    Button jams, i tank fold

Not sure if turn check is a mistake and if river was a call but felt i played it bad afterwards

Seems fine. You need to be making your decision on the turn thou.

Comment

It's very exploitable to always call the river if you call the turn. Also you have a lot more information on the river, the fact that he goes all in changes things.

What your range on the flop turn and river? What suits are the cards? What does the villain look like?

Comment

I bet more on the flop
        other than that, pretty standard
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

For instance, a standard tight opponent will nearly always bet TT on the turn, but will check back almost every river, so call call is very bad, call / fold being the best line against someone who is unlikely to be bluffing river.

Comment

OOP I'd 3bet bigger pre (this will also reduce stack/pot ratio) and play 2 street poker post. In most cases I will probably stack off if he has an 8.
            "Poker isn’t about default strategies, it’s about exploiting your opponent's bad tendencies"

Comment

Yeah I prefer a bigger 3bet size with my whole range oop, at least pot sized.

Comment

Originally posted by ViperEyeIRL View Post
                OOP I'd 3bet bigger pre (this will also reduce stack/pot ratio) and play 2 street poker post. In most cases I will probably stack off if he has an 8.
                Why the need to do this?

Assuming our tourney @€300 has a half decent structure and we are sitting pretty snug with 65bbs id like a lot more info on the villain. Are we folding to the 4 bet pre? Can he be flatting and getting tricky with QQ/KK/AA?

Comment

Do any of the board cards have suits?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                    Why the need to do this?

Assuming our tourney @€300 has a half decent structure and we are sitting pretty snug with 65bbs id like a lot more info on the villain. Are we folding to the 4 bet pre? Can he be flatting and getting tricky with QQ/KK/AA?
                    Considering that nowadays nobody folds to 3bets anymore we should be in good shape around is overall range that gets to the turn (especially vs this 22k size BTN should be flatting A LOT of hands he opens with).
                    QQ/KK/AA are such a small part of his range here that we are not deep enough to get too paranoid about it, especially without info on villain. This is as good as a flop as we could hope for JJ honestly.

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                    Are we folding to the 4 bet pre?
                    Without specific info is really hard without knowing villain frequencies of flatting 3bets, 4betting, etc.
                    So with no reads if Villain is over 90 (or a nit like me who always has it) probably we can find a fold, otherwise we need to get them in. We are not 200x after all.

If this was a FT with high ICM pressure (ie. we are 2/9 in chips) then flat pre and avoid all the headache
                    "Poker isn’t about default strategies, it’s about exploiting your opponent's bad tendencies"

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                      For instance, a standard tight opponent will nearly always bet TT on the turn, but will check back almost every river, so call call is very bad, call / fold being the best line against someone who is unlikely to be bluffing river.
                      Yes this is what I said.

Comment

First hand with no info on BTN MAKES this tough. 3b bigger pre, maybe 28k. I don't hate the turn check but as played I'd likely call river vs capable player who'll understand that you're capped and can pile on pressure with near pot sized shove.

Comment

Thanks for sharing this thread.

Comment

Nice post and thanks for sharing.

Comment

hmmmm.....
                              I wonder what is coming next from
                              Classygraftsindia
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                hmmmm.....
                                I wonder what is coming next from
                                Classygraftsindia
                                backlink to some gambling site?

Comment

Working...
                                X