Cheltenham 2019 Tipping Competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
          Great updates Raoul!
          Finding it hard to communicate much excitement though - the race leader is beating the rest of the field like red-headed stepchildren.

Wouldn't surprise me if he indulged in some showboating tomorrow.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Jebus wept!

Only a few in the required price range and I go for the wrong one
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Don't think it's a forgone conclusion. Races 2 and 3 are key IMO. Lucky for me I'll already have had 2 winners by then and at least 1600 more points. It'll go down to the wire then.
              Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                Don't think it's a forgone conclusion. Races 2 and 3 are key IMO. Lucky for me I'll already have had 2 winners by then and at least 1600 more points. It'll go down to the wire then.
                You're inspiring me to rewrite the lyrics of Joe Hill:

I dreamed I saw Pat Mustard last night
                Alive as you and me
                Says I, 'But Pat, you're one day dead'
                'I never died', says he
                'I never died', says he.

In Barrytown Pat, says I
                Him standing by my side
                'Colm Meaney cut your bollocks off
                Says Pat, 'I never died'
                Says Pat, 'I never died.'

Rounders drew a bead on you, Pat
                He filled you full of lead
                'Takes more than guns to kill a man'
                Says Pat, 'And I ain't dead'
                Says Pat, 'And I ain't dead.'

And standing there as big as life
                And smiling with his eyes
                Says Pat, 'What Rounders forgot to kill'
                'Went on to claim the prize'
                'Went on to CLAIM THE PRIZE'

Comment

The story of the day - total domination

Comment

54% of the collective bank donked off already and a mere 15,292 remaining.

A poor showing all round on Day 3. Can the rabble give rounders a sweat on the final day?

The wicket should be starting to break up and it's just a question of whether rounder's technique can hold up against the unorthodox spinners. He's smacked them to the boundary with ease thus far but pressure can do funny things...

Comment

Five arrows more than enough. Time to shine

Comment

Last edited by DeadParrot; 15-03-19, 11:38. Reason: I'm a fucking hero I tell ya

Comment

Day 4

Sending in the night watchman
                          Last edited by rounders123; 15-03-19, 11:15.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Beautifully done puremagpie
                                    Stop taking the p =(

Comment

Last edited by Silver-Tiger; 15-03-19, 11:22.

Comment

Hard luck Rounders

Comment

Made it to the Friday with 6 left in the clip and one in the chamber, in case Rounders ponders

Comment

Jack Kennedy Day would be nice
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Morning everybody.

Some interesting selections posted already. Hope our race leader is wearing his body protector.

Comment

Comment

Last edited by KevIRL; 15-03-19, 11:46.

Comment

Beautifully done puremagpie
                                                    Although he did post 'Win' instead of 'W'.

Comment

Any winner in the first three races (except Sir Erec) probably puts you in striking distance of our race leader tbf.

All to play for.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                        Any winner in the first three races (except Sir Erec) probably puts you in striking distance of our race leader tbf.

All to play for.
                                                        Change of donkey for me in the first.

Comment

Fairly astonished you passed up the opportunity to select Cut the Mustard.

Comment

Pew pew pew

Comment

Fairly astonished you passed up the opportunity to select Cut the Mustard.

if you're going for Pommery, at least go with the right one

still remember fondly KEV's brother bringing me back some from France when i ran out in Dublin a few years back. i've Never run out since!

Comment

Haven't a clue what to back today, nothing jumping off the racecard at me at all.

It would break all the known maxims of racing if Presenting Percy could do it so I'd love to see him win the GC.

Comment

The forgotten horse of the day surely Might Bite.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                      if you're going for Pommery, at least go with the right one

still remember fondly KEV's brother bringing me back some from France when i ran out in Dublin a few years back. i've Never run out since!
                                                                      Had to get him to get some for me too, powerful stuff altogether

Comment

Hero for sure,thanks pal

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                          Had to get him to get some for me too, powerful stuff altogether
                                                                          I buy it in bulk now. Absolutely love the stuff

Comment

Overnight scorecard

Comment

Comment

Rounders currently getting saddled up in his box, he walked into the parade ring like Viv Richards in his pomp yesterday.

Even he though must be feeling a few pre-race nerves as the jockeys walk into the ring and touch their caps...

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                  I buy it in bulk now. Absolutely love the stuff
                                                                                  how much is 'bulk'?

like, would ye go through a jar a month? A week? A day?

Comment

We lock and load at 1pm gentlemen.

Comment

you're so pumped, you made an absolute bollix of your table.

Are you running on bute?

Comment

...4.5 Bullets, more than enough to hit the G-Spot...

Comment

Comment

Comment

Our race leader has gone for a defensive strategy, basically hoping none of the chasers can pick a winner.

Judging by performances to date, that's probably a solid play.

Comment

Triumphant types

Comment

oh, that looks awful. Horrible.

Comment

oh, that looks awful. Horrible.
                                                                                                    Was eating lunch at the time, sorta turned my stomach - ugh, not nice to see at all at all.

Comment

All changed, changed utterly, a terrible beauty is born

Nuck Chorris moves right up to our leader!

Comment

County fare

Comment

I needed 25/1 or more. Now I need another ping. Fingers crossed.

Comment

...Absolutely horrible injury to Sir Eric, really sad to see...

Comment

Well, fuck shrap. I'm backing Cut the Mustard here.

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                                                                                I needed 25/1 or more. Now I need another ping. Fingers crossed.
                                                                                                                here's the head to head:

Comment

how much is 'bulk'?

like, would ye go through a jar a month? A week? A day?
                                                                                                                  bulk is a case of six. this mustard should only ever be used with chicken, pork and sausages. probably get through a jar a month.

Comment

rounders still the fav imo but he's suddenly looking vulnerable.

If you look far enough back in his pedigree, it's all about speed and this game demands stamina.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                                      ...Absolutely horrible injury to Sir Eric, really sad to see...
                                                                                                                      Horrible. Think it was the same hurdle that claimed Our Conor

Comment

NoRiverRequired makes a few lengths.

Comment

Leader bored

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X