Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    So he's technically correct....
    What odds do you make it to pass/not pass now?

Comment

It does seem a lot of the repeal jumper wearers are ugly lesbian looking things who’s only chance of pregnancy is a turkey baster and a used condom from some student party.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
        It does seem a lot of the repeal jumper wearers are ugly lesbian looking things who’s only chance of pregnancy is a turkey baster and a used condom from some student party.
        Darwins gonna cut you for that.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
          You must both be lying as everyone knows it is only the yes side doing things like this, which is a perfectly acceptable reason to sway to a No vote and makes total sense.

It's a factor for sure. People get emotional and these emotions are preyed upon
          The it's my body' shite stirred up the but it's two bodies shite from the other side. Makes sense to me how the undecided can fall prey to their emotions and the influence of others both negative and positive.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
            I got called a fucking murderer today, my first day with my repeal badge.
            Northern accents and cold dirty looks were invented for moments like this...

Simple "I'eee right" in the pitch of Lauren not Yanny would have ended that whole situation... sorry situuaaaationn

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
              ...Lol...I was hearing Yanny for about an hour, now I'm heading Laurel, pissing me off...
              ...oh and no...So there are about 200 people going...50 couples, then 50 single men (one of which is me), and 50 women... it'll be good crack...,€13 a ticket, lots of drinks specials as well...It's actually looking like a really good weekend...Have a 1st date on Sunday , and potentially a 4th date with someone on Friday...Ended up with a spare Ed Sheeran ticket, so think I'm gonna ask the girl I had been seeing...
              Not that killing kitten yoke then I'm guessing?
              Last edited by Denny Crane; 16-05-18, 21:56.

Comment

What's the story behind it? Not that killing kitten yoke then I'm guessing?
                ...Nah it's not one of the Killing Kittens one, although not too far off... It's actually €10 a ticket, but €2.83 service charge...It's a private club that is booked out, and it is strictly ticket only...So guessing it's towards covering cost of club, also I rexkon they will have a couple more bouncers than usual lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                  What odds do you make it to pass/not pass now?
                  I should have made more of an allowance for how far out we were last time, but the polls still look grand

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                    Even though I know from reading about it that it is actually Laurel, it is definitely Yanny to my ears, and my wife's.
                    Got sent it earlier and heard Yanny, was wondering how tf anyone could hear Laurel.

Can only hear Laurel now. It's fucked up.
                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I'm getting Yeri

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                        Got sent it earlier and heard Yanny, was wondering how tf anyone could hear Laurel.

...Exact same, I was thinking people are stupid hearing Laurel...Now it's all I hear...I was thinking it could be 2 different recordings lol...

Comment

The actual recording being used

Click the speaker to hear it

*Those hearing yanni should click it and see if still hearing it even though they can read what it is
                          Last edited by Guest; 16-05-18, 22:28.

Comment

Its the pitch, so its the speakers/device you heard it on, or your hearing is fucked from all the guitar wankery

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                              I'm getting Yeri
                              Sur when someone calls you a Jackeen bastard you hear Manc cunt, so your hearing is fucked anyway

Comment

...Exact same, I was thinking people are stupid hearing Laurel...Now it's all I hear...I was thinking it could be 2 different recordings lol...
                                I honestly thought I was being wound up.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                  Its the pitch, so its the speakers/device you heard it on, or your hearing is fucked from all the guitar wankery
                                  I listened on my phone both times.

Comment

Maybe put down the 12 string

Could be someone fucking with the pitch of the link??

Click the original recording and see

Comment

Same. Only after reading about it did it change.

Presume you've seen the McGurk effect video?

Sure we're all just watching our own TV shows.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                        I am a yes voter.
                                        I do however get put off in here by all the ganging up on and mocking of Jack.
                                        I don't think any of the ganging up on Jack has anything to do with his No vote. At least I hope not. Or if it is yis are a bunch of cunts.

The 8th amendment was passed by a 2 to 1 majority. That's significantly higher than the same sex landslide result. The 8th result means that many out or parents and grandparent where among the majority that introduced this abhorrent law. If somebody grandparent still had that view today, I doubt any one would insult or mock them over sunday dinner - even if they stubborn result to see your view point. People would just accept it and move on with their family sunday.

So that means it's something else. Most likely the the twisting facts, disingenuous posts, deceitfulness and general lies. These issue aren't really endemic to the 8th debate either. I seem to remember a series of incidents where the discrimination of the day was flip flopped to suit the agenda.

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                        Hmm she quotes the law correctly but she says she went to UK in 2016. Giving her at most very late November 2016 to still be eligible also she must currently intend to return home within that 18 month period (at this stage her plans should be quite clear for the next month or so).
                                        Maybe she came home at Christmas and restarted the clock on her 18 months.
                                        If the residency t is lost the moment you leave, then obviously it returns the second you step foot on irish soil.

Comment

Sick live cash game on twitch right now with a one million Euro minimum buying blinds are 2k 4 k with a 4 k ante. Playing 8 handed , Line up includes Ivey, Antonius, Koon, Phau, Elton. Dawn is on the waiting list. Already had a pot of just over 1.5 million.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                            Sick live cash game on twitch right now with a one million Euro minimum buying blinds are 2k 4 k with a 4 k ante. Playing 8 handed , Line up includes Ivey, Antonius, Koon, Phau, Elton. Dawn is on the waiting list. Already had a pot of just over 1.5 million.
                                            Link please

Comment

As opposed to you, proudly bearing a body like a youthful Adonis coupled with devilish good lucks that would turn even the straightest man.

Comment

Hearing Yanny now.

Comment

Weird thing is, the 3 year old is hearing 'Eee I Eee'

Comment

Same. Only after reading about it did it change.

Presume you've seen the McGurk effect video?

Sure we're all just watching our own TV shows.
                                                    No, I'll check that out.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                      As opposed to you, proudly bearing a body like a youthful Adonis coupled with devilish good lucks that would turn even the straightest man.
                                                      Song picks m8

Comment

...Lost the link but...It's actually both Yanni and Laurel...Something to do with the treble and bass...So they lowered down the bass by 40% and it was clearly just Yanni, then sped it up and it was Laurel...So it was actually a cunt doing it all along...

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                          Link please
                                                          Recording of the $1million cash game here

Comment

Is there any weird GDPR stuff going on, on IPB?

I'm being constantly logged out, and password not remembered. (although i use Lastpass anyway)

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                              I’m not trying to sell or influence people or get attention.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                Recording of the $1million cash game here
                                                                I flicked through it there, big pot at 1.52 and at 4.27 you hear Dwan asking some young guy I don't recognise about crypto, assume he's talking about Bitcoin having invested when it was 95$

Comment

Irish Pigeon Chess Boards. Com

Still available

Comment

...Lost the link but...It's actually both Yanni and Laurel...Something to do with the treble and bass...So they lowered down the bass by 40% and it was clearly just Yanni, then sped it up and it was Laurel...So it was actually a cunt doing it all along...
                                                                    I listened on my laptop which has dolby sound and hear Yelly, so I listened on my Oneplus 3 and heard Laurel. Pressed play on my laptop and heard Laurel. Heard that all day till I was with Tony and played it for him from my phone.

I heard Yanny while he heard Laurel and after a few seconds I heard Laurel!

It is to do with your own hearing and the pitch you can hear it as well. I can hear both and just depends.

Comment

A woman I lived near about 11 years ago is studying law, she is also a Christian. She has been posting non stop about voting NO. She actually said that the baby should NOT be punished if the woman was raped and she should have the baby regardless!

Someone said they did not agree with that and she went mental and said she shouldn't be posting on her page etc.

A terrible thing to say, but what if it was her 15 & almost 17 year old daughter who was raped? if her daughter was suicidal at the thought? would she force her child to keep the baby? Sometimes people have to be in someone elses shoes to really understand.

Her whole post was unreal. She says there is NO reason, not the health or anything and basically it is Gods will for them to die if that was what was meant to be. That is so fucked up.

Comment

Hypochristian.

The world is overflowing with them.

Comment

Weird thing is, the 3 year old is hearing 'Eee I Eee'
                                                                          there are higher frequencies overlaid.
                                                                          Audio is saying laurel but younger ears pick up the yanny higher pieces.
                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                            A woman I lived near about 11 years ago is studying law, she is also a Christian. She has been posting non stop about voting NO. She actually said that the baby should NOT be punished if the woman was raped and she should have the baby regardless!

Someone said they did not agree with that and she went mental and said she shouldn't be posting on her page etc.

A terrible thing to say, but what if it was her 15 & almost 17 year old daughter who was raped? if her daughter was suicidal at the thought? would she force her child to keep the baby? Sometimes people have to be in someone elses shoes to really understand.

Her whole post was unreal. She says there is NO reason, not the health or anything and basically it is Gods will for them to die if that was what was meant to be. That is so fucked up.
                                                                            Ultimately no real point engaging with her. She's an immovable No Vote, end of.
                                                                            The more important things are gentle moving the undecided in the direction of Yes, and making bloody sure that the lazy Yes's go out and actually vote.
                                                                            (I understand you're in Malta so a limit to what you can do).

Hopefully there'll be a few silent Yes amongst this womans friends and in the general Donegal area - people afraid to actually say anything when the locals are all in unison over No but secretly deciding they'd prefer their daughters got to decide these things for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

I'm being constantly logged out, and password not remembered. (although i use Lastpass anyway)
                                                                              Rigger asked for the stored information on all 107 of his accounts - database can't cope with the search at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                Apathy? Who spoke of Apathy? I know people who are genuinely torn as to which way to vote, they have legitimate reason to go one way of the other. They are so torn that they can articulate a viewpoint where for them personally, as a voter, feel more comfortable not voting. To me that seems reasonable. To me that looks nothing like apathy. That is the output of a critical thought process.
                                                                                voting abstinence generally involves a decision based on not fully understanding consequences of vote or disengagement from civil process.
                                                                                Option one is solved by researching your vote and what it means
                                                                                handy guide;

Option two is pretty much the definition of apathy.

Option three.
                                                                                If, as you said, a voter so distressed by the decision that they cannot make up their mind, well, I sympathize but ultimately I feel it's a bit of a cop out.
                                                                                I know that sounds like a cunty thing to say. I don't see how it's the output of a critical thought process rather the abandonment of critical thought process once the meandering nature of head vs heart become too much.
                                                                                The last referendum was something to that was (for most) pretty easy to vote for. Love, life, big gay weddings, dancing in the street. Whats not to love? This is a grown up vote. There will be no parades nor dancing in Dublin castle. People who abstain here dont want to live with their decision either way and no matter which way the vote goes, and I refuse to believe anyone is truly 50/50 here, they get to complain/enjoy the outcome safe in the knowledge it's not their fault. This to me, at the end of my critical thought process, has little difference to option two.

These are my personal opinions and I get that they may annoy, that is not the intention.
                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                  Rigger asked for the stored information on all 107 of his accounts - database can't cope with the search at the moment.

Comment

My Opinion.. to DP

I think if people don’t want to vote it’s really not my business and it’s really their business if they want or don’t want to engage in deep thought about it. Sometimes these are dark places to visit.

It’s their mind after all, it’s their health, it’s their choice. Ergo If you are pro-choice you need to rethink your own thought process about peoples choices. I think you should definitely go after the undecided and get them to engage but there is a level of hypocrisy in telling people who ‘choose’ not to vote to fk off or to coerce them into a vote they are not comfortable with. I could just as easy say Fk off to the women who want to abort an unwanted pregnancy for whatever reason. I choose not to though.

Comment

...
                                                                                      Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 17-05-18, 11:04.
                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I’m not trying to sell or influence people or get attention.
                                                                                        I call.
                                                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                          My Opinion.. to DP

I think if people don’t want to vote it’s really not my business and it’s really their business if they want or don’t want to engage in deep thought about it. Sometimes these are dark places to visit.

It’s their mind after all, it’s their health, it’s their choice. Ergo If you are pro-choice you need to rethink your own thought process about peoples choices. I think you should definitely go after the undecided and get them to engage but there is a level of hypocrisy in telling people who ‘choose’ not to vote to fk off or to coerce them into a vote they are not comfortable with. I could just as easy say Fk off to the women who want to abort an unwanted pregnancy for whatever reason. I choose not to though.
                                                                                          I'm honestly going at it from that direction.
                                                                                          If you choose not to engage, that indicates apathy of outcome. I was simply defending my reasoning calling it that.
                                                                                          I know it's very thin ground trying to get people to vote but only how I feel they should vote. I'm trying to be very careful to avoid that.

Comment

Never really considered the abortion question before i suppose with being male. Gone into this with an open mind and after considering all the information have made my mind up as driven by conscience and what i can understand of the situation. Moving forward it will be a yes vote from me. Not posting this for kudos, I just think its the correct way to go. Can see both sides though.

In general these topics really can bring out the worst in some people though (not speifically talking sbout here as have only skimmed through a lot)
                                                                                            Last edited by Dice75; 17-05-18, 11:21.

Comment

Jack?

Comment

The best part was when asked about it being put up the fella replied "there was women there too, making tea and sandwiches" says it all.
                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

“It is a massive project and there are about 20 of us on the mountain at the moment involved in the operation. It is well-planned and well-executed, just as the government is planning to execute the future children of Ireland,” he said.

We’re just saying no, it’s a big cry from the mountain to say no.
                                                                                                  You'd probably get more mental movement from the mountain

Comment

Heard about it on the radio, I must say it's a very disappointing effort - was expecting a massive foetus or something at least. That's like the sort of thing people do with bales of hay for the craic.

Comment

Heard about it on the radio, I must say it's a very disappointing effort - was expecting a massive foetus or something at least. That's like the sort of thing people do with bales of hay for the craic.
                                                                                                      It said BRITS OUT back in the day
                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Incidentally, Paddy Power have removed referendum betting and said on Twitter they're not offering it anymore.

They seemed to whip it down around the time of the IT poll results being published. Wonder what the story is there.

The poll results swonged the market on betfair from 1.33 to 1.25 for Repeal. A lot more money trying to get matched on the back side than the lay side.

Comment

Music King Final:

Do some voting, it's good practice.

Comment

Oh yeah got the keys of the new house yesterday - hup!

Comment

Congrats, we seem to have secured our house too. I'm a bit of a financial liability at present so all down to the GF. Hopefully in by July/Aug

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                The best part was when asked about it being put up the fella replied "there was women there too, making tea and sandwiches" says it all.
                                                                                                                I'm surprised they managed to spell it correctly

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                                  I'm surprised they managed to spell it correctly
                                                                                                                  Reminds me of a hotel in tramore I was at years back, the majestic hotel. There is a car park opposite it, and the words IN and OUT are written on the relevant spots at the entrance/exit. However, the N on IN is written backwards, so that from outside, where you should see IN, you see I and a backwards N. From inside though it says NI. Very Monty python. It's still visible on Google stretview in case anyone wants to laugh at waterford.

Comment

Ah congrats - it's a lovely, lovely feeling to have the keys in your hand

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                      A higher up suit said it was in bad taste so they took it down.
                                                                                                                      Thats a whole new way to get the words 'Paddy Power' and 'in bad taste' into a sentence... Words fail me
                                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Incidentally, Paddy Power have removed referendum betting and said on Twitter they're not offering it anymore.

They seemed to whip it down around the time of the IT poll results being published. Wonder what the story is there.

The poll results swonged the market on betfair from 1.33 to 1.25 for Repeal. A lot more money trying to get matched on the back side than the lay side.
                                                                                                                        Had a look yesterday.

Imagine from a non Irish POV, trying to get your head around 1/100 Yes in most Dublin constituencies whilst 1/10 No in Roscommon, Donegal & Leitrim etc.

Comment

I like that with no irony whatsoever the spokesman described the project as 'well executed'.
                                                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X