No announcement yet.

Snooker betting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was a great afternoon's entertainment. Cracking pot from Murphy to win it. English championship in 2 weeks time now

Comment

The lads must have had a couple of joints before this game

Comment

I hate snooker now.

First to 4, 3-0 and blew it
        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I backed Walker, had given up on it!

I also backed Donaldson when apparently he went in off on match ball in the decider and the opponent cleared up.

Comment

Judd beaten 4-2 today. Ronnie on telly at 7pm.

Comment

Decider for Ronnie. Couple of uncharacteristic mistakes. Been a good match

Comment

Wow. Few errors from Ronnie cost him after some flawless stuff early on.

Ronnie, Trump and Robertson all gone today.

Comment

Forde beats Murphy 4-3 by knocking in a 147 in the decider. Allen makes light work of Hawkins, 4-0. Make him favourite for the tourney based on his performances last couple of days.

Comment

Game of 2 halves for Selby. Down 3-0 and couldn't pot a ball, wins 5-3. Very impressive stuff once he got going. If Allen can win this evening it should be a cracking semi final between the 2

Comment

Youd feel sorry for Gilbert. 4 finals and looking like a 4th loss. Selby absolutely ruthless and cruising at 4-0. Could be a quick match.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                        Youd feel sorry for Gilbert. 4 finals and looking like a 4th loss. Selby absolutely ruthless and cruising at 4-0. Could be a quick match.
                        Can’t feel sorry for someone who just bottles the big games constantly. Heart the size of a marrowfat pea

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley Harms View Post
                          Can’t feel sorry for someone who just bottles the big games constantly. Heart the size of a marrowfat pea
                          Does he bottle it or is he just a level off it at the moment. Not much you can do when someone like Selby is just knocking in balls for fun and you're sitting there watching. Gilbert has played well all week but Selby is on another level.

That wasnt a bad frame, some nice pots, still cant see him winning though.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                            Does he bottle it or is he just a level off it at the moment. Not much you can do when someone like Selby is just knocking in balls for fun and you're sitting there watching. Gilbert has played well all week but Selby is on another level.

That wasnt a bad frame, some nice pots, still cant see him winning though.
                            He will play well now the pressure is off, if he gets back within 2 he will shit himself again. Sergio syndrome

Comment

Ronnie is in great form. Crushing Murphy 3-0 atm. If he can get to the final it will be a mouth watering tie between either Higgins or Trump. Definitely worth the spin to Belfast to see that

Comment

Ronnie does what he wants again. No prize for a 147, so takes a pink off the last red!

Would like to see him leave/miss the final black on 140 one time. He's done the last pink twice now, and it's getting boring

Comment

He did it once and Jan Verhaas talked him into potting the black. Curious how the blue ended up where it did on a max attempt.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                    He did it once and Jan Verhaas talked him into potting the black. Curious how the blue ended up where it did on a max attempt.
                                    Yeah I remember that one, but Ronnie is a different man from that time! Blue ended up there from Bulman's crap break off shot that let Ronnie in.

Comment

Good young player Ross... not many coming through in Ireland but he's one

Comment

Originally posted by TM2204 View Post
                                        Good player but not in the same league as the likes of Morris or Muldoon and they couldn’t make it

Comment

Good player but not in the same league as the likes of Morris or Muldoon and they couldn’t make it
                                          He definately has the potential to be a better player than Muldoon who was quite a good player himself, but he doesnt have the natural ability Morris had (and still has to be honest)

I actually think Aaron Hill is a better prospect and is the most likely Irish youngster to have a chance of making a living out of the game in a few years.

Connie
                                          https://twitter.com/MacauSporting
                                          https://www.facebook.com/Macau-Sport...F6ntdyItUsAp7E
                                          https://www.macausportingclub.com/

Comment

Fergal must be practicing as much or possibly more than ever judging on recent good form is he?. He was desperate unlucky not to go 2 up on Michael White there with a 60+ lead in the 2nd to a clearance which sparked Whites listless form back to life.
                                            Is his main practice base still Celbridge?. Did I hear right that this is Shaun Murphys base too?. Murphy live over here yeah?.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                              Fergal must be practicing as much or possibly more than ever judging on recent good form is he?. He was desperate unlucky not to go 2 up on Michael White there with a 60+ lead in the 2nd to a clearance which sparked Whites listless form back to life.
                                              Is his main practice base still Celbridge?. Did I hear right that this is Shaun Murphys base too?. Murphy live over here yeah?.
                                              Ye Murphy lives here now and has a table in Celbridge.

Agree with Connie, Aaron Hill is the best Irish prospect at the moment.

Comment

Hi, he's as hard working as ever for sure and still loves the game & competes at a high level after 25+ years a pro which says a lot in itself

The standard in the game today is unreal. A match (shorter now, most best of 7) can often turn on one incident or shot. A player making a 60+ break, breaking down and the opponent clearing up is commonplace and happens very regularly.

Yes, he has his Star table in Celbridge and has been there since his previous practice residence in Lucan Village closed. Shaun lives in Ireland now (married an Irish girl) and until recently he too was resident in Celbridge but he has very recently moved his table to a private members club just off Stephens Green. They practice together regularly and will continue to do so swapping between Celbridge & Dublin CC. Fergal practices regularly with Shaun, Ken Doherty and up north with Mark Allen. Mark has some excellent pro's playing out of his club (Michael Georgiou, Jordan Brown) as well as some top amateurs, there's 2 Star tables and a better club you won't find anywhere. Ken has recently upgraded his table in The Radisson to a Star which has probably contributed to his upturn in form recently.

All in all plenty of players & quality facilities to keep all the Irish players sharp. Hopefully the new younger players (Ross, Aaron & whoever else) will get integrated bringing them on & injecting some fresh blood into the Irish scene. In any case would be great to see the Irish lads prosper and achieve more success. Mark Allen is just unreal & Shaun (up until this week ) has had an amazing start to the season.
                                                Last edited by TM2204; 30-11-19, 23:56.

Comment

Ronnie's not a fan of Rob Spencer...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

He shook his hand a few seconds later. Was just getting his shit together. Actually mentioned in an interview last year that he was one of his favourite refs. Also his name is Greg ConiglIo not Rob Spencer!

Comment

He shook his hand a few seconds later. Was just getting his shit together. Actually mentioned in an interview last year that he was one of his favourite refs. Also his name is Greg ConiglIo not Rob Spencer!
                                                      Thought that was the ref that kept getting in his way, and was very slow to respot the balls? Didn't see it, just saw somoene post it on Twitter!

Comment

Terry Camilleri is the guy he hates.

Comment

Hi, he's as hard working as ever for sure and still loves the game & competes at a high level after 25+ years a pro which says a lot in itself

The standard in the game today is unreal. A match (shorter now, most best of 7) can often turn on one incident or shot. A player making a 60+ break, breaking down and the opponent clearing up is commonplace and happens very regularly.

Yes, he has his Star table in Celbridge and has been there since his previous practice residence in Lucan Village closed. Shaun lives in Ireland now (married an Irish girl) and until recently he too was resident in Celbridge but he has very recently moved his table to a private members club just off Stephens Green. They practice together regularly and will continue to do so swapping between Celbridge & Dublin CC. Fergal practices regularly with Shaun, Ken Doherty and up north with Mark Allen. Mark has some excellent pro's playing out of his club (Michael Georgiou, Jordan Brown) as well as some top amateurs, there's 2 Star tables and a better club you won't find anywhere. Ken has recently upgraded his table in The Radisson to a Star which has probably contributed to his upturn in form recently.

All in all plenty of players & quality facilities to keep all the Irish players sharp. Hopefully the new younger players (Ross, Aaron & whoever else) will get integrated bringing them on & injecting some fresh blood into the Irish scene. In any case would be great to see the Irish lads prosper and achieve more success. Mark Allen is just unreal & Shaun (up until this week ) has had an amazing start to the season.
                                                          Thanks for all the info, Im a Fergal drooler. I've followed his career closely for ages mostly on the world snooker live ticker. I remember being in the Submarine bar in Crumlin watching him on tv in the evening session of the 1999 British Open. The GF was trying to get me out of the pub as her parents were away that weekend but I wanted to keep watch Fergal. I remember when we got back later that night her concerned brother came in later and was banging down the bedroom door violently saying whos in there over and over and she was leaning the other side of it keeping him out for all her worth until it somehow subsided!.

Ever since then all I had was Fergals blog which he didnt continue but knew he was practicing out of Lucan at that time .And knew he had the shop on Capel street at the time. His professionalism ihas always been what impresses me most and is right up there and thats whats kept him around. Its easy to be impressed by the professionalism from someone whos winning frequently but for someone who isnt and keeps that line is so impressive.

Im intregued by this private members club off St Stephens Green, didnt know there was any snooker places around that way?.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                            Thought that was the ref that kept getting in his way, and was very slow to respot the balls? Didn't see it, just saw somoene post it on Twitter!
                                                            Thibk thats Leo Scullion your thinking of
                                                            SPOILER

Comment

Terry Camilleri is the guy he hates.
                                                              Thibk thats Leo Scullion your thinking of
                                                              SPOILER
                                                              Think he just hates all referees!

Comment

Think he just hates all referees!

Its not so much he hates them its just that hes impatient with them and tries to show up their slowness. Ive noticed recently hes giving refs a hard time with this. The ref needs to be more authoritative in these instances and make a stand.

What doesnt help is refs are more disadvantaged these days with having to stand behind players on their shot. I mean what a load of bollox. It means refs are sprinting around the table after spotting colours to stand behind the player. I mean do you really thing practice table ball spotters are doing this?.

Comment

Thanks for all the info, Im a Fergal drooler. I've followed his career closely for ages mostly on the world snooker live ticker. I remember being in the Submarine bar in Crumlin watching him on tv in the evening session of the 1999 British Open. The GF was trying to get me out of the pub as her parents were away that weekend but I wanted to keep watch Fergal. I remember when we got back later that night her concerned brother came in later and was banging down the bedroom door violently saying whos in there over and over and she was leaning the other side of it keeping him out for all her worth until it somehow subsided!.

Ever since then all I had was Fergals blog which he didnt continue but knew he was practicing out of Lucan at that time .And knew he had the shop on Capel street at the time. His professionalism ihas always been what impresses me most and is right up there and thats whats kept him around. Its easy to be impressed by the professionalism from someone whos winning frequently but for someone who isnt and keeps that line is so impressive.

Im intregued by this private members club off St Stephens Green, didnt know there was any snooker places around that way?.
                                                                  Yep 1999 British Open was his only ranking tournament win. He did make the final of The Masters & Northern Irish Open as well

It's his dedication & professionalism that keeps him still playing at the top level after all this time He loves snooker and it's all he wants to do so that's more than half the battle.

To make it in professional snooker (or any sport these days) you not only need a talent & natural ability... you need an unbelievable work ethic. Look at Trump, probably the most talented player in the game along with Ronnie but Trump is also the hardest working player in the game right now. Since he teamed up with his brother and dedicated himself more to practice he has moved onto a different level and is the favorite in every tournament he starts now.

I've been around the game a lot of years now and I've seen so many incredible talents, 'future world champions' come & go. Most lack the self discipline & sheer total work ethic to succeed. I could rattle of a list of names....... but I won't

Fergal is my friend so I am biased but I have always admired his total dedication to the sport & his strong work ethic week after week, year after year. It's down to this that he has remained in the game and playing at the top level for so long.

As for Shaun Murphy's new 'home' I'm not 100% sure of the name but it's close enough to Stephen's Green Shopping Centre and it's a private club with only a few tables. Shaun has gotten himself right back on track this year and it's mainly due to a introspective revaluation during the summer and some tweaks (some minor, some major) to his game & everything around it. So far I'd say it's working out quite well

Comment

Maflins ego going for the brown lost him that decider. How could you go for the brown there rather than put a high colour safe. Im delighted to see him playing well and have tipped him to land something a while ago. Its probably a good thing that hes able to back himself taking these shots on but in this instance it was a bad choice.

Comment

Maflins ego going for the brown lost him that decider. How could you go for the brown there rather than put a high colour safe. Im delighted to see him playing well and have tipped him to land something a while ago. Its probably a good thing that hes able to back himself taking these shots on but in this instance it was a bad choice.
                                                                      Didnt't see the shot, but read this from Mark Williams earlier. You got a clip?

Comment

Image Screenshot-2019-12-04-21-23-27-020-com-eurosport-player hosted in ImgBB
                                                                        Last edited by rounders123; 04-12-19, 21:35.

Comment

Hmmm, i don't mind going for that shot if you're forced into it, and there's no easy safety on. Putting blue/pink safe and leaving the cueball on the cushion looks the shot to be. Rolling it across the nap is never going to be easy. Tough one!

Comment

Good mate of mine played with him in Langans of Capel St around 89/90.
                                                                            There was a good league scene back then amongst the twenty or more clubs in Dublin with most of the clubs entering multiple teams, and my mate tells me Fergal wasn't good enough to be close to Langans first team.

Lots of the players had far more ability but ultimately O'Brien stuck with it whilst they all fell by the wayside.

Comment

Hmmm, i don't mind going for that shot if you're forced into it, and there's no easy safety on. Putting blue/pink safe and leaving the cueball on the cushion looks the shot to be. Rolling it across the nap is never going to be easy. Tough one!
                                                                              Pack the game in if you are not taking that brown on at that stage. 9/10 shot for a pro, the white isn’t even under the rail.

Comment

Pack the game in if you are not taking that brown on at that stage. 9/10 shot for a pro, the white isn’t even under the rail.
                                                                                No I can't agree. He had Allen dominated so he was underselling by putting the match on a 50/50 at best shot which Allen even admitted the only way he was winning was if Kurt missed that shot. Kurt went to the well once too often in that frame. If there was 1 other ball relatively safe then yes of course go for it but there wasn't. The still doesn't really indicate the pressure of the shot fully. Also the more you play safety the more chance of something else going safe.

Comment

9/10 is a pretty poor return on that shot, and even moreso when you add the pressure of where we are in the match, and the likely result if he misses it. If you're going for those and missing 1/10, it's the wrong choice imo, especially with other options available.

Comment

No I can't agree. He had Allen dominated so he was underselling by putting the match on a 50/50 at best shot which Allen even admitted the only way he was winning was if Kurt missed that shot. Kurt went to the well once too often in that frame. If there was 1 other ball relatively safe then yes of course go for it but there wasn't. The still doesn't really indicate the pressure of the shot fully. Also the more you play safety the more chance of something else going safe.
                                                                                    Whether you agree or not turning that shot down to win the match is scandalous.

9/10 is a pretty poor return on that shot, and even moreso when you add the pressure of where we are in the match, and the likely result if he misses it. If you're going for those and missing 1/10, it's the wrong choice imo, especially with other options available.
                                                                                    You have to take on a 6/10 at that stage surely, it’s possible you don’t ever get another change to win. The top lads will always take it on

Comment

Hard not to root for Nigel Bond after that performance.

Comment

What a finish! Close match between Mark Allen and Kurt Maflin has ended just in last colors of dramatic decider!Become Patron https://www.patreon.com/join/32...

Heres the decider, 9mins in but have to watch the whole frame for full context

Comment

What do you make of this? The ref missed the foul, and the player didn't own up. Can't be having close ups of every shot and watching for fouls imo

Comment

Its hard think a professional down on a shot like that wouldn't have noticed the feather unless his eyes in that split second traversed to the object ball and even then theyd usually cop it. But he mustn't have because Allen is part of snookers cheating polices best spotters against the Chinese especially. Even part of the handshake police after the bathroom incident.

An alternative explanation is that he did execute a rather lackluster shot on the blue suggesting right after the feather in frustration he played a penance shot in return for not going to the hassle of fessing up for the feather. Could have been hung over and been feeling flippant.

Fergal wont be happy either losing 4-2 to Andy Lee.

Comment

This doesn't happen too often!

Comment

Not far off the unanswered points record. Think its about 450.

Comment

O'Sullivans twisted logic coming to the fore once again.

Comment

He's off the planet since winning in Shanghai. Needs to take a break.

Comment

Its hard think a professional down on a shot like that wouldn't have noticed the feather unless his eyes in that split second traversed to the object ball and even then theyd usually cop it. But he mustn't have because Allen is part of snookers cheating polices best spotters against the Chinese especially. Even part of the handshake police after the bathroom incident.

An alternative explanation is that he did execute a rather lackluster shot on the blue suggesting right after the feather in frustration he played a penance shot in return for not going to the hassle of fessing up for the feather. Could have been hung over and been feeling flippant.

Fergal wont be happy either losing 4-2 to Andy Lee.
                                                                                                      You defo feel it.

Comment

Interest situation in the snooker. Selby is 24 points ahead and some tippy tappy occurs. Lisowski gives away 4, and then it's back to tip tap for about 10 mins. Ref steps in and says that they will have a few more shots each, and he will force a rerack. (This frame was already reracked)

Selby asked how many shots, and the ref says it's up to him. Selby was a bit pissed because he obviously wanted to know how many shots he had to play with. He finally plays away from the pack and within 2/3 shots, the frame has developed. Still no balls been pot in 20 mins or so.

I reckon Selby was still pissed at Lisowski for fluking a red in the last frame, not apologising, and going on to win the frame. He looks a little rattled.

Comment

Nearly some type of first first id say in the German Masters Qualifiers just there. Trump v Wells, looking like a re rack down to 2 balls remaining and they were both just sidling up to the pink with the 2 balls locked in the jaws. Until Wells hits the black first in this shot when leading. Pots the black and sticks up the pink.

Comment

You don't see shots like this every day!

Comment

What do you reckon here? 100% agree with John Virgo. Carter is a horrible little prick anyway, but it's against John Higgins, so potatos potatoes.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Wasnt sure how I felt at the time. Still not tbh. Highlights the problem of relying on players to be honest when theres a fair few quid at stake. Why couldn't the ref check the camera if he was in doubt himself.

Meh, top level sportsman cheats. Over to Jean for the weather where she tells us water is wet.

Comment

I'm going to go against the odious Carter before even watching it.

Comment

... In London for the U.K masters... Got tickets for both semi finals and the final tomorrow... First semi final was really good, and although 6-3 it felt like it was a really tight match, good atmosphere and could feel the pressure...Evening match was a bit disappointing, Gilbert just didn't show up... Reckon Bingham will win, probably 10-6/10-7, although would love a 10-9 match...
                                                                                                                    ...Really enjoying it, great experience to go to a big event, venue is great looking... £85 for the semi finals, and £95 for the final... If tomorrow is as enjoyable as today, I'm probably gonna make it a yearly trip...
                                                                                                                    Attached Files

Comment

No matter how many times it happens, it's still good to see.

Selby calling a foul on himself in this position, on a 40-odd break, facing defeat.

Ronnie could learn a thing or 2

Comment

Even more noble given he isn't even at the table!

Comment

Even more noble given he isn't even at the table!
                                                                                                                          haha

He pot a baulk colour and called a foul on the blue that the ref didn't see. It should have been him on this red!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X