Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
    Stuck 3 x Doubles, 1 x Treble on 3 horses today (Bet365), but Brighton was cancelled.

I'm guessing that the treble is now a double, and 2 of the doubles will be void meaning i'll get them refunded?
    How many of the horses were in cancelled races?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
      Stuck 3 x Doubles, 1 x Treble on 3 horses today (Bet365), but Brighton was cancelled.

I'm guessing that the treble is now a double, and 2 of the doubles will be void meaning i'll get them refunded?
      I would have thought you would have 1xdouble and 3xsingles myself
      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
        How many of the horses were in cancelled races?
        Just 1. The others running at Chelmsford.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
          I would have thought you would have 1xdouble and 3xsingles myself
          2doubles and 2 singles no?

@FD Lets just say 3 horses are A, B and C, wiith B and C Chelms horses (both win)

You'll have BC double
          BC double going on to non runner (was a treble but now equal to a double)
          B going on to non runner (was a double but now equals a single)
          C going to to non runner (was a double but now equals a single)

Hope this makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post

@FD Lets just say 3 horses are A, B and C, wiith B and C Chelms horses (both win)

You'll have BC double

Hope this makes sense
            I didn't even read the rest but yeah that's right, for some reason I put 1 horse into all races, 'the banker' bet. 2d2s
            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

You'll have BC double

Hope this makes sense
              Yep, that's what happened careca. Should have know myself because it's happened before many times with football bets. Didn't matter anyway, the other 2 donkeys both came second!

Comment

Last saturday was disappointing but Jennies came out of it as if she didn't have a race and so today it makes a lot of sense to give her a spin in a 2mile flat race in Gowran before she goes of on a long summer break. If all goes well today we will have a look at what mark she gets (78 - 84 range we are guesstimating on a neutral run today) and if she gives the jockey the right feel then we might have a go at a handicap in october.
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                  Last saturday was disappointing but Jennies came out of it as if she didn't have a race and so today it makes a lot of sense to give her a spin in a 2mile flat race in Gowran before she goes of on a long summer break. If all goes well today we will have a look at what mark she gets (78 - 84 range we are guesstimating on a neutral run today) and if she gives the jockey the right feel then we might have a go at a handicap in october.
                  Highly respectable effort on the face of it.

Good luck to the LoN team tomorrow, hope it dries out a bit for them.
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Is she a bet tomorrow GAB?
                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                      given she's by Azamour, you shouldn't be rushing in to back her on heavy/soft imo

Although it is well documented that I know little or nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        Highly respectable effort on the face of it.

Good luck to the LoN team tomorrow, hope it dries out a bit for them.
                        That was fun and zero stress

Hopefully the handicapper will ignore Matt Chapman who was making a case for the winner to be given 100!

Its a shame we can't let her bowl along like that over hurdles. Still a lot to be looking forward to with her next season, the toughest part will be agreeing a plan !

Comment

highland reel 2.08 longchamp NAP

Comment

NR.

Comment

Not often you'd say this in recent years but high class sprinting action in The Curragh today.

Don't think I've been taken by any flat performance this season quite like Washington DC's run at Tipp, and while the opposition looks strong I'd say he could well be in the the freak category. I'm a backer.

The older race looks very tough to call. Not quite the time of year yet when Sole Power hits his peak, ground not ideal for GLB, Astaire is mercurial to say the least, money for Mustajeeb interesting but you'd be taken a lot for granted to punt him over this trip. Wouldn't like to have to pick.
                              Profit before people.

Comment

Ive backed Gleneagles at 9/4 to win by 2 1/4L or less pp. Would have liked another 1/2L so im not mad about it but you can never really do the over on the flat.
                                Ive also backed Dewdrop 6/1 in the 1st and Amazing Maria 7/1 in the 3.55

Comment

You'd be showing some profit if you backed all Gers in maidens this season so far. He's cleaning up and they're still going off at nice prices....
                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Sickening to hear that Michael O'Callaghans state of emergency suffered a career ending injury today. Tough game

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                      Last year one of his top 2yo, Case Statement, broke his leg in the Coventry in Royal Ascot. Today SOE got struck into behind by another horse and severed a tendon and had to be put down. Tough breaks on a small trainer.
                                      Hopefully his runner goes well on the better ground in the 1000 Guineas tomorrow. Couldn't get a run into LoN in time?

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                        Day tripping if you fancy it.
                                        They probably don't do Pimms (plus we have a kiddy birthday). Good luck to the team though, hope the luck changes.

Comment

See O'Callaghan has a runner in the Down Royal bumper tonight which is of mild interest.

Comment

Bobs the business should be suited by conditions and trip 1510 listowel .
                                            Last edited by horatio1; 31-05-15, 08:39.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                              Bobs the business should be suited by conditions and trip 1510 listowel .
                                              Unlucky today just run out it

Comment

Spirit Raiser 7.55 Kempton, from the tracker, hopefully raise my spirits and bank balance.
                                                Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Nice shout

Comment

Today, I shall be mostly backing Jack Naylor to win the Oaks

Comment

Today, I shall be mostly backing Jack Naylor to win the Oaks
                                                      A lot to like about her but price is about right now i reckon.
                                                      Think Star of Seville is the ew play at 16's.

The fav is solid but stats from her draw are pretty horrific.
                                                      0/93 since 2000 over derby C&D apparently.

Bellajeu at 50's is not without an ew chance either, Trainer has won this a before with fillies at big prices.
                                                      She ran a bit green early in the Lingfield trial and still nearly got up.Overpriced IMO.

Backed Sennockian star at 7's in the 2.35.
                                                      Won a similar hcap at Epsom this time last year off 96, getting up to as high as 106 last summer, Has thrown in some shockers earlier this year but was backed and obliged lto in Chelmsford,gone up to a mark of 99 on AW following that but has been left untouched on turf mark at 94.

Comment

Find it hard to stay away from big priced O Brien runners in filly classics, such a sick record. Diamondsandrubbies gets my vote at 12/1.
                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Find it hard to stay away from big priced O Brien runners in filly classics, such a sick record. Diamondsandrubbies gets my vote at 12/1.
                                                          I can't have the top two anyway and wouldn't be surprised if neither places

hopefully for your bet, the rain gets into the turf a bit - Epsom authorities have a very dodgy history with going reports for the Derby meeting too, fuck knows what it really is

Comment

Might be a bad weekend for the flat purists if a renowned jumps trainer wins the oaks and a colt that made its debut on the AW in winter wins the Derby.

Fancy Ballymore castle in the 5:15

Comment

The bad news for you is that my money is also on this

Comment

Comment

Half right

Comment

1st flat bet of the season. Nice one Tony Calvin
                                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                      1st flat bet of the season. Nice one Tony Calvin
                                                                      EPIC aftertiming
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

EPIC aftertiming
                                                                        Considering I only went into the bookies to watch the race and at 16.31 decided to have an interest after meeting a couple a friends who asked me who I was backing. Run to atm to take money out nearly knocked a guy off his bike on the way back into the bookies and put the bet on at 16.34. Nearly Epic fail but I take your point.
                                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Jockey cam on ch4 is class. French race next.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                            Considering I only went into the bookies to watch the race and at 16.31 decided to have an interest after meeting a couple a friends who asked me who I was backing. Run to atm to take money out nearly knocked a guy off his bike on the way back into the bookies and put the bet on at 16.34. Nearly Epic fail but I take your point.
                                                                            Why defend yourself ? Nice touch .

Aftertiming Nazism make zero sense to me . Not like people lie about stuff like this .

Comment

Hans Holbein backed three weeks ago but could have done with lots more rain. Same applies to Success Days but hope he goes well to reward a brave decision from a small trainer.

Warning: last Derby winner I backed was Commander in Chief

Comment

Elm Park @ 10/1 in the Derby

Comment

Originally posted by bantee View Post
                                                                                  Elm Park @ 10/1 in the Derby
                                                                                  1,000th post. 10/1.

Spooky.

Comment

Long way from stuffing Bolivian marching powder up your beak, great confident ride.

Comment

Result please for those of us stuck with a pack of 80yos & no tv

Comment

think he is happy

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                          Result please for those of us stuck with a pack of 80yos & no tv
                                                                                          Gosden 1-2 in the correct order.

Comment

Short notice but Is Loved Alive at Limerick in 10 mins time.

Comment

Short notice but Is Loved Alive at Limerick in 10 mins time.
                                                                                              Uggggghhhh. Dirty fucker.

Comment

Lads what time will the Belmont be on at?

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                                                  Lads what time will the Belmont be on at?

11:50 according to ATR.

Comment

Special
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Super performance to win the triple crown, goes to the lead from the start and stays there. Coolmore creaming themselves!!

Comment

Rezwaan in the next at Kempton imo

Comment

Right you are Sir!
                                                                                                          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

lumped a freebet of £10 on this one to win. Cheers!!!

Comment

Fist pump. That horse is bent as fuck although Kelly won too far there.

The drift before the off was pleasant too.

Comment

Fist pump. That horse is bent as fuck although Kelly won too far there.

The drift before the off was pleasant too.
                                                                                                                Putting up a 9/1 winner with 5 mins to the off is almost worse than after timing, you bollox.

Well played though!

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                                  Putting up a 9/1 winner with 5 mins to the off is almost worse than after timing, you bollox.

Well played though!
                                                                                                                  Listen, you fucking fringe, if I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not. You stop me again whilst I'm walking, and I'll cut your fucking Jacobs off.

Comment

fast track 3.25 musselburgh nap one of my fav sprints of the year
                                                                                                                    likely 2.55 sandown
                                                                                                                    scalzo 3.45 york

Comment

Originally posted by jazzyfish View Post
                                                                                                                      scalzo 3.45 york

Like a genius I accidentally bet on squats in this, so c'mon squats!

Comment

x posting here

A friend of mine is doing a charity thing next week for the very worthwhile Injured Jockeys fund, where he is going to ride around every racecourse in Ireland in one day. Barry Connell has set him up with a helicopter and he has a lot of people on board opening up the courses and getting horses ready.

Here is a link to his my charity page

Comment

So i've just done my bollix backing favourites on tomorrows card

SO; I will need some sort of magic dig out at some point around 4

Start posting de big winnars peoples

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X