Really tough river spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really tough river spot

Day 2 and already deep in the money in a really well structured tourney. Don't have many hands on villain but from the 50 or so I did he seemed competent in a field still full of fish. He hasn't 3bet preflop since being moved to the table. I would think he views me as good.

Winamax Poker - Tournament "SUMMER SHOTS Event 24" buyIn: €27 + €3 level: 21 - HandId: #356693267246481621-367-1401997564 - Holdem no limit (2000/8000/16000) - 2014/06/05 19:46:04 UTC
    Table: 'SUMMER SHOTS Event 24(83049123)#0212' 6-max (real money) Seat #3 is the button
    Seat 1: Saryan83 (631733)
    Seat 2: YoloYaKnow (1402917)
    Seat 3: Bikoum (153046)
    Seat 4: yoss77 (592676)
    Seat 5: tawpaipai (1044071)
    Seat 6: DD MAT (534167)
    *** ANTE/BLINDS ***
    yoss77 posts ante 2000
    tawpaipai posts ante 2000
    Saryan83 posts ante 2000
    YoloYaKnow posts ante 2000
    Bikoum posts ante 2000
    DD MAT posts ante 2000
    yoss77 posts small blind 8000
    tawpaipai posts big blind 16000
    Dealt to YoloYaKnow [Tc As]
    *** PRE-FLOP ***
    DD MAT folds
    Saryan83 folds
    YoloYaKnow raises 16055 to 32055
    Bikoum folds
    yoss77 calls 24055
    tawpaipai folds
    *** FLOP *** [4h 8s Ac]
    yoss77 checks
    YoloYaKnow checks
    *** TURN *** [4h 8s Ac][Kc]
    yoss77 bets 46055
    YoloYaKnow calls 46055
    *** RIVER *** [4h 8s Ac Kc][Ad]
    yoss77 checks
    YoloYaKnow bets 125555
    yoss77 raises 387011 to 512566 and is all-in

Hero?

In a vacuum I fold.

What are your c-bet tendancies. I.e. do you often take value/pot control lines where you figure you will only get 2 streets in good?

Comment

Its a strange line he's taken but I don't see how I can possibly fold.
      Given how the hand is played and your hand being under repped he has allsorts of junk in his range as well as possibly value betting worse.

Comment

I'd fold on stars but call on Winamax
        Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Comment

Think it's a mandatory b/c. Villain should expect us to call/raise our entire range facing a river bet making it easily preferable to c/shove since we c/back a lot of that same range, or even b/f thin with much smaller sizing than he can make it if he bets.

Unless we have history of consistently checking back flops with TP on dry boards we likely don't have enough non-boat Ax combos to make his c/shove better than b/c
          "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Originally posted by colm_leche View Post
            In a vacuum I fold.

What are your c-bet tendancies. I.e. do you often take value/pot control lines where you figure you will only get 2 streets in good?
            I'm not sure there's enough history with villain for c-bet tendencies to be too much of a factor. A10 is the top of my check back/pot control range and is usually a mandatory cbet vs looser winamax fish who snap call down 3 streets with all Ax hands.

I think if I bet smaller on river say 70-80k it becomes a mandatory call but still think it's really close given sizing.

Comment

I'd bet flop and fold river.

How often do people really c/r bluff rivers like this?

Comment

bet flop, call river
                hit the showers

Comment

I think you have to call after under repping your hand, plus your getting a good price. If you've been making a lot of river bluffs or doing a lot of floating you might be able to fold. But apart from that I can't see why he'd check to you if he had a boat, there are too many checking for showdown hands that are calling value bets in your perceived range. Villains range is pretty wide since there was no action on the flop. Unfortunate spot.

Comment

Working...
                  X