GAA Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spoofingjam View Post
    what do u guys think of the under in the tipp vs kk match tonight its bound to be a messy game with the weather. its currently 40.5 with paddys
    How bad is the weather in Thurles? Cant see it being very high scoring, never do know with KK though

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
      never do know with KK though
      True, i just presumed the weather would be as bad lol but maybe not, i'll wait till coverage starts and c

Comment

True, i just presumed the weather would be as bad lol but maybe not, i'll wait till coverage starts and c
        lol, weather is bad enough for the game to be called off again

Comment

lol, weather is bad enough for the game to be called off again
          is it off?

Comment

is it off?
            Tis.

Comment

LOL, this game will never go ahead by the looks of it.

Comment

Very hard to find much value this weekend in the NHL. 2 stand out for me as possibles, but not dead certs

Waterford 2/1 to beat Galway...Galway at home but missing the Portumna lads, Waterford make only one change from the team that comprehensively beat Dublin and thats in goal. While still missing a lot of the senior players, the current Waterford team played very much as a team last weekend and cause an upset here.

London 6/4 to beat Derry...Derry have to make the trip to Ruislip and London once again are underestimated. They stayed with a decent Meath team for a good while last weekend and may have too much for a Derry team very much in decline in recent years.

The 'sure thing' accum of
                Limerick v Cork
                Wexford v Down
                Kilkenny v Offaly
                Carlow v Westmeath
                Kildare v Antrim
                Laois v Clare
                Meath v Armagh

Pays a bit over 2/1

Comment

Yeah its a tough weekend for value Kev.

I fancy just going all in on
                  Cork
                  Wexford
                  Tipperary
                  Kilkenny
                  Antrim
                  Clare....
                  I worked out the accum on boyles prices and it pays bout 8/11. I cant decide whether carlow will beat westmeath and couldnt find the meath v armagh match odds.
                  "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

Originally posted by whyno View Post
                    Yeah its a tough weekend for value Kev.

I fancy just going all in on
                    Cork
                    Wexford
                    Tipperary
                    Kilkenny
                    Antrim
                    Clare....
                    I worked out the accum on boyles prices and it pays bout 8/11. I cant decide whether carlow will beat westmeath and couldnt find the meath v armagh match odds.
                    Carlow will definitely beat Westmeath, they have home advantage, a very good management team (now including Gerry Fitzpatrick as trainer) and last Sunday only lost by a point up in Antrim.

Meath 1/7 at home to Armagh with PP

Comment

God bless hide my ass .com. Got on to pp website and found the meath match and also theres a slight difference in the odds.
                      I`m sticking Meath in the aboce accum and it pays over evens. happy days(i hope)

Comment

Carlow will definitely beat Westmeath, they have home advantage, a very good management team (now including Gerry Fitzpatrick as trainer) and last Sunday only lost by a point up in Antrim.

Meath 1/7 at home to Armagh with PP
                        Sold......(insert your address here kev if carlow dont do the job )

Cork,wex,Kil,Clare,Antrim,Tipp,Carlow,Meath @ 200 accum pays - €650. game on

Comment

London 6/4 to beat Derry...Derry have to make the trip to Ruislip and London once again are underestimated. They stayed with a decent Meath team for a good while last weekend and may have too much for a Derry team very much in decline in recent years.
                          Some politics in London mean they are without players from the Robert Emmetts club.

Comment

Tipperary & Meath suck crab apples imo

Nice call on the carlow match kev...easy win for them..Also good shout on the derry game

Comment

Didnt see the Tipp result coming at all, especially considering the margin of defeat for them. Fair play to the Dubs though, they must have sorted out some stuff during the week cause they were terrible against our lot last week.

I can see Carlow giving Wexford and Clare a game in Div 2 this year, especially if they are due to play them at home.

As for my own lot, Waterford werent great today at all, managed to fight back from a couple of early goals to actually lead at half time, but Galway played well in the second half and we just didnt have much of a scoring threat. The winning margin flattered Galway a bit, but they definitely deserved the win

Comment

Wicklow 4/5 starting to find our form and well up to beating longford on their home pitch
                                Dublin1/2 form team atm and i think they'll be way to strong for monaghan
                                Meath 4/7 seem to be playing well and although tipp are lethal at home i fancy the royals to come through
                                Laois 4/6 westmeath seem out of sorts and i hope laois can eep them like that
                                Tipperary 2/5 beat the cats last week and i'd fancy them to topple a not so full strength galway
                                Kilkenny 4/9 hummbled last week but i would reckon they'll come out all guns blazing against cork this weekend.Without ballyhale stars but still have enough quality to come through this one.
                                Portumna 5/6(-1) Current champions and look unstoppable.Had an easy semi final which should have them spot on to retain their title
                                €50 acum with boyles prices pays €1300.

Comment

first bet in awhile - taking wexford at evens to beat cavan in the football
                                  GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                    first bet in awhile - taking wexford at evens to beat cavan in the football
                                    Just off the phone to anthony masterson(wexford goalkeeper) and he's adamant they will beat cavan. He reckons theyve sorted out all the problems within the squad and are back flying again.

Comment

Just off the phone to anthony masterson(wexford goalkeeper) and he's adamant they will beat cavan. He reckons theyve sorted out all the problems within the squad and are back flying again.
                                      Are you just off the phone to him or did you just read the article in the Wexford People?!

Wexford news from The Wexford People. Including Sport, Entertainment, Business & Lifestyle news in Wexford. Keep up to date with the latest Wexford news.

Comment

Originally posted by mac View Post
                                        Are you just off the phone to him or did you just read the article in the Wexford People?!

http://www.wexfordpeople.ie/sport/ga...e-2094632.html
                                        Who the feck buys the wexford people.Escpecially what would a wicklow man thru and thru be doing reading the wexford people....Come on gimme a bitta cred.
                                        I`m actually good mates with anthony & his brother tommy.If you want more info feel free to ask

Comment

Who the feck buys the wexford people.Escpecially what would a wicklow man thru and thru be doing reading the wexford people....Come on gimme a bitta cred.
                                          I`m actually good mates with anthony & his brother tommy.If you want more info feel free to ask
                                          A fan of the Mayfair then?!

Gommer is a sound bloke alright. I'm only yanking your crank.

Comment

Originally posted by mac View Post
                                            A fan of the Mayfair then?!

Gommer is a sound bloke alright. I'm only yanking your crank.
                                            Yeah the mayfair was a regular haunt of mine alright

Comment

for anyone backin the Weford cavan game its evens your pick with 15/2 the draw . . .

yet if you go to the draw no bet market - its 8/11 cavan and evens Wexford
                                              GAA News Website

Comment

with pp
                                                GAA News Website

Comment

Wicklow 4/5 starting to find our form and well up to beating longford on their home pitch
                                                  Dublin1/2 form team atm and i think they'll be way to strong for monaghan
                                                  Meath 4/7 seem to be playing well and although tipp are lethal at home i fancy the royals to come through
                                                  Laois 4/6 westmeath seem out of sorts and i hope laois can eep them like that
                                                  Tipperary 2/5 beat the cats last week and i'd fancy them to topple a not so full strength galway
                                                  Kilkenny 4/9 hummbled last week but i would reckon they'll come out all guns blazing against cork this weekend.Without ballyhale stars but still have enough quality to come through this one.
                                                  Portumna 5/6(-1) Current champions and look unstoppable.Had an easy semi final which should have them spot on to retain their title
                                                  €50 acum with boyles prices pays €1300.
                                                  Tipp at home really love annoyin me. They beat a form meath team by two points.
                                                  The sending off in the cats match was shocking.No way did the schemozzle warrant a straight red and imo cost the cats the match in the end.Tough game though and was exciting ta watch.

On a positive note though Wicklow put me in profit for the weekend by beating longford. We wasted a few chances in the first half but were well worth our victory.Role on promotion

Comment

Is there any half decent website that gives reports after games? The rte, IT and independent websites are all crap for this.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                      Is there any half decent website that gives reports after games? The rte, IT and independent websites are all crap for this.
                                                      Normally i get it on teletext later tonight or sometimes the gaa website has some match reports.
                                                      Or else just buy the star tomorro and they always have good reports on the matches

Comment

Gonna do a more detailed look through this weekends fixtures tomorrow, but had a quick glance just now and Limerick 11/8 to beat Wicklow (PP) is some stand out value for me. If Limerick lose this they are essentially doomed to another season in Div 4, and its a great price for a team who ran Cork so close in last seasons Munster championship. I'm expecting Wicklow to suffer some major backlash from Limericks defeat to Waterford last weekend

Comment

Back Dublin to beat Kilkenny in the hurling. Parnell park is a fortress. Call me crazy but we will see on Sunday how crazy I am

Comment

Gonna do a more detailed look through this weekends fixtures tomorrow, but had a quick glance just now and Limerick 11/8 to beat Wicklow (PP) is some stand out value for me. If Limerick lose this they are essentially doomed to another season in Div 4, and its a great price for a team who ran Cork so close in last seasons Munster championship. I'm expecting Wicklow to suffer some major backlash from Limericks defeat to Waterford last weekend
                                                            7 Feb 2010 London 1-04 - 0-17 Limerick Ruislip FT
                                                            13 Feb 2010 Limerick 0-11 - 0-07 Carlow Gaelic Grounds FT
                                                            20 Feb 2010 Longford 0-09 - 1-08 Limerick FT
                                                            13 Mar 2010 Limerick 1-11 - 1-12 Waterford Gaelic Grounds FT

7 Feb 2010 Clare 1-09 - 0-11 Wicklow Cusack Park FT
                                                            14 Feb 2010 Wicklow 1-13 - 0-09 Leitrim TBA FT
                                                            20 Feb 2010 London 1-05 - 4-13 Wicklow Ruislip FT
                                                            7 Mar 2010 Wicklow 0-14 - 0-07 Carlow Aughrim FT

Wicklow all the way for me, slow starters in the league but getting into form now, however Limerick have yet to show anything that would inspire me to back them.

Comment

Will post more about this later but all i'll say is shame on you kev

We'll beat limerick by 3-4 sunday in aughrim. There aint to many teams that will come to our backyard an beat us and after their sorry display last week Limerick may well play like scaulded cats but efo will not beat us with the form we're in. We played longford last weekend and for the first 30 mins played like tripe. Scored a late point in the 1st half to keep us within 3.Turned the taps on in 2nd half and were 3 clear at one stage and held on to win by a point. Waterford turned limerick on their heads and i know we struggled against waterford in the league last season but the league wasnt our priorty then as it it is now i'm more than confident that we'll beat waterford in their backyard next weekend or the weekend after.
                                                              5/6 wicklow is buying money and tut tut tut kev....

Comment

Very hard to find any value in todays hurling

I'm going with a small bet on Dublin 5/1 to beat Kilkenny. KK are still without their Ballyhale contingent, coming off the back of 2 league defeats should still probably win this. But 5/1 on Dublin at home in Parnell Park is worth a few euros anyway.

Cork should be good enough to beat Waterford, despite an unusual looking Cork full backline. Waterford continue to leak goals at an alarming rate - in both their recent games conceeding in the opening minute. Waterfords forwards look weak at the mo with players rested or injured, last time out against Limerick they relied on Eoin Kelly scoring 1-10 from midfield. Cork to win handy enough and I'm liking Cork -4 @ 9/5 and Cork to win by 4-6 points @ 9/2

Comment

Late Wicklow fightback got them a draw. So close

Very hard to find any value in todays hurling

I'm going with a small bet on Dublin 5/1 to beat Kilkenny. KK are still without their Ballyhale contingent, coming off the back of 2 league defeats should still probably win this. But 5/1 on Dublin at home in Parnell Park is worth a few euros anyway.
                                                                  As I said just a small bet, and seems that despite KK only winning by 4 it was never in doubt, kinda like last years Leinster Final

Cork should be good enough to beat Waterford, despite an unusual looking Cork full backline. Waterford continue to leak goals at an alarming rate - in both their recent games conceeding in the opening minute. Waterfords forwards look weak at the mo with players rested or injured, last time out against Limerick they relied on Eoin Kelly scoring 1-10 from midfield. Cork to win handy enough and I'm liking Cork -4 @ 9/5 and Cork to win by 4-6 points @ 9/2
                                                                  Was at this. In the first half Cork looked like they were gonna walk it. Cussen at FF is an absolute beast and is a solid first goalscorer bet for the rest of the season. Waterford throughout the whole game lived off frees and the supreme accuracy of Eoin Kelly who score 1-17, thats 2-27 in 2 games, unreal scoring for this time of year. Waterford are going to need to sort out their forwards for the summer. That said Mullane looked deadly as ever when he came on, and it was obvious that the Brick Walsh was sorely missed at number 6

Comment

We played like scutter today Kev but when the chips were down we pulled the finger out and scraped a draw.Waste a lot of pocession to but we struggled for long periods.Just a lacklustre performance from us at home. Still in contention for promotion.
                                                                    Also have ta thank you re Carlows victory over wexford in the hurling.Had a sneaky treble with them monaghan and down just for an interest.Not a ba return for a fiver
                                                                    I wouldnt have backed them only for wha ya said in an earlier post

Comment

Originally posted by MMA Ace View Post
                                                                      Back Dublin to beat Kilkenny in the hurling. Parnell park is a fortress. Call me crazy but we will see on Sunday how crazy I am
                                                                      Dublin put up a massive score against Kilkenny but still lost. Hopefully we can keep division 1 status.

Comment

Outstanding football bet this weekend is Clare 7/4 to beat Longford. Clare are flying high at the top of division 4, while Longford have drawn with Waterford and beaten Kilkenny. I'm also having a small tickle on Waterford at 7/4 to beat Wicklow, but thats just to piss off Whyno In general that game shouldbe avoided imo

The hurling is a bit of a minefield this weekend, and decent cases can be made for all 3 underdogs in the 3 competitive division 1 games. 2 handicaps stand out for me Waterford +5 @ 8/11 and in division 2 Carlow +6 @ 10/11, beating Tipp might be too much for Waterford, but they are dogged and stick to a task, and I can see them getting within 5 points easily enough. Carlow are at home to Clare and after beating Wexford last weekend will be full of confidence, Clare played away in Antrim last weekend and won by a point only, Carlow have former Waterford trainer Gerry Fitzpatrick who has the team extremely fit by all accounts. I wouldnt rule out a Carlow win here (although unlikely) but +6 @ 10/11 is an absolute steal

Comment

should kilkenny win easy with two ballyhale players back? (although sheff getn a few weeks rest)
                                                                          GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                            should kilkenny win easy with two ballyhale players back? (although sheff getn a few weeks rest)
                                                                            Galway have the Portumna lads back though? KK have blown hot and cold so far this year, seems like Cody is holding back a lot for the 5 in a row attempt. I think KK will win, but the odds are too miserly to get involved with imo

Comment

#99
                                                                              just saw their price has moved in a fair bit - it was 4/9 at one stage.

Ive 2 small bets on meath to beat donegal away - and with +2 also in same game (both boyles)
                                                                              Sligo to beat a poor Fermanagh team. Louth beat fermanagh by 6points up there, which is saying alot
                                                                              GAA News Website

Comment

Get as much as you can on Wexford -11 tomorrow at evens.
                                                                                Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Outstanding football bet this weekend is Clare 7/4 to beat Longford. Clare are flying high at the top of division 4, while Longford have drawn with Waterford and beaten Kilkenny. I'm also having a small tickle on Waterford at 7/4 to beat Wicklow, but thats just to piss off Whyno In general that game shouldbe avoided imo

The hurling is a bit of a minefield this weekend, and decent cases can be made for all 3 underdogs in the 3 competitive division 1 games. 2 handicaps stand out for me Waterford +5 @ 8/11 and in division 2 Carlow +6 @ 10/11, beating Tipp might be too much for Waterford, but they are dogged and stick to a task, and I can see them getting within 5 points easily enough. Carlow are at home to Clare and after beating Wexford last weekend will be full of confidence, Clare played away in Antrim last weekend and won by a point only, Carlow have former Waterford trainer Gerry Fitzpatrick who has the team extremely fit by all accounts. I wouldnt rule out a Carlow win here (although unlikely) but +6 @ 10/11 is an absolute steal
                                                                                  suceeded with that Kev
                                                                                  Must win game for both counties and whichever team does succeed will give them a great chance of promotion.Hopefully its wicklow as we really are pushing hard for it. I feel with the way we played so bad last week but still scraped a draw last week says a lot for our current mentality and hopefully we can topple waterford in there backyard. Wicklow -1 will do for me. Not a game for large stakes though.

my accum for today is a short one but hopefully it'll pay.
                                                                                  Mayo
                                                                                  armagh
                                                                                  Down
                                                                                  Cork
                                                                                  tipp
                                                                                  kilkenny...Should be nearly 5/1

Comment

suceeded with that Kev
                                                                                    Must win game for both counties and whichever team does succeed will give them a great chance of promotion.Hopefully its wicklow as we really are pushing hard for it. I feel with the way we played so bad last week but still scraped a draw last week says a lot for our current mentality and hopefully we can topple waterford in there backyard. Wicklow -1 will do for me. Not a game for large stakes though.

my accum for today is a short one but hopefully it'll pay.
                                                                                    Mayo
                                                                                    armagh
                                                                                    Down
                                                                                    Cork
                                                                                    tipp
                                                                                    kilkenny...Should be nearly 5/1
                                                                                    Eoin Kelly not starting for Tipp, and Eoin McGrath/Shane Walsh not startign for Waterford. Kelly will be a big loss for Tipp, that 3/1 Waterford isnt looking too bad

Comment

Waterford 0-1 Wicklow 0-4 after 10 mins

Comment

Waterford 0-1 Wicklow 0-4 after 10 mins
                                                                                        HT Waterford 2-6 Wicklow 0-6 Liam O Lonain with the 2 goals

in the hurling Tipp 0-13 Waterford 1-9 Molumphy with the goal there

Comment

Tipp 1-19 Waterford 2-16
                                                                                          Carlow 0-11 Clare 1-9
                                                                                          Waterford 2-17 Wicklow 1-11
                                                                                          Longford 0-9 Clare 0-12

Ship the lot! Easy game imo. Hope some of you lot got on.

Whyno, your boys took one hell of a beating
                                                                                          Last edited by KevIRL; 28-03-10, 15:27.

Comment

Tipp 1-19 Waterford 2-16
                                                                                            Carlow 0-11 Clare 1-9
                                                                                            Waterford 2-17 Wicklow 1-11
                                                                                            Longford 0-9 Clare 0-12

Ship the lot! Easy game imo. Hope some of you lot got on.

Whyno, your boys took one hell of a beating
                                                                                            We were beaten out the gate. Some of our more prominent players never turne up.Leighton Glynn was brutal...First time i could ever say that.
                                                                                            Yas were well worth your 9 point victory Kev.
                                                                                            Nice bets to

Comment

We were beaten out the gate. Some of our more prominent players never turne up.Leighton Glynn was brutal...First time i could ever say that.
                                                                                              Yas were well worth your 9 point victory Kev.
                                                                                              Nice bets to
                                                                                              If Clare beat Limerick Sunday then we are promoted (assuming we beat the cats), if Clare lose though it will come down to a winner takes all showdown on the final day. I notice Gary Hurney came on as a sub for us today, he'll be a big addition going into the final 2 games and then for the championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                                                Get as much as you can on Wexford -11 tomorrow at evens.
                                                                                                Nice shout. Won by 12 i think.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                                                                                                  Nice shout. Won by 12 i think.
                                                                                                  Cheers, yeah 12, was expecting it to be more comfortable but it'll do.
                                                                                                  Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                  I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                  None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Down to the wire for qualification now Kev....All to play for

Comment

Down to the wire for qualification now Kev....All to play for
                                                                                                      Gutted Clare lost by a point yesterday, if they had beaten Limerick we would be promoted. As it stands our winning margin yesterday means a draw will be enough next week against Clare.

Comment

Gutted Clare lost by a point yesterday, if they had beaten Limerick we would be promoted. As it stands our winning margin yesterday means a draw will be enough next week against Clare.
                                                                                                        I didnt see the match report for the clare-limerick match so can comment other than a one point margin tells me they were well in it. With the form your lads are in yas will run over Clare....I hope

Comment

Mighty win today Kev...Form team of the moment imo. Hopefully yous can ruffle a few feathers in munster now and then the qualifiers. That'll show your hurlers there really is two codes in the county

Comment

Mighty win today Kev...Form team of the moment imo. Hopefully yous can ruffle a few feathers in munster now and then the qualifiers. That'll show your hurlers there really is two codes in the county
                                                                                                            Flying it right now. One of 2 teams to go through the league unbeaten, feck the division final now its not important. Clare in the Munster Championship with the winners playing Limerick, 2 teams we've beaten already this season, definite possibility of a Munster Final place.

Munster double for Waterford this year????

Comment

Flying it right now. One of 2 teams to go through the league unbeaten, feck the division final now its not important. Clare in the Munster Championship with the winners playing Limerick, 2 teams we've beaten already this season, definite possibility of a Munster Final place.

Munster double for Waterford this year????
                                                                                                              Anything possible at the moment wit you lot down der. With the spirit shown by your hurlers and the new drive that is in your footballers a little sneaky bet to do the double down south could see you retiring

Comment

Its a weekend of shadow boxing ahead in the hurling with precious little at stake in most games. With this in mind I wont be lumping on in any game, but I reckon the following are worth a small bet

Waterford 4/1 v Kilkenny - Nothing at stake in the game, but both teams will be up for it. I do fancy KK to win but the 4/1 price on Waterford is tasty
                                                                                                                Offaly 9/2 v Tipp - Similar to above, nothing at stake and home advantage for Offaly with the Tipp lads possibly looking to avoid injury means the 9/2 price is worth a look
                                                                                                                Carlow 11/8 v Laois - Not much between these 2 teams, Carlow have come on leaps and bounds this year under Kevin Ryan and Gerry Fitzpatrick has done wonders for their fitness.

Handicap betting actually looks better

Waterford +5 @ evs, Offaly +6 @11/10, Limerick +6 @ evs.

Nice treble on that handicap.

Also, its worth keeping on the Waterford footballers bandwagon and backing them at 9/4 to beat Limerick in the division 4 league final Sunday week

Roll on the championship!

Comment

Just seen the Waterford team for Sunday, scratch the Waterford hurlers from those tips please

Comment

Urrrrgh, got Limerick well wrong. Ended up sticking Offaly + 6, Limerick +6 and putting Wexford -6 in instead of Waterford for a patent. 2 out of 3 right returned a small profit.

Was right about the Waterford team as named, we were absolute muck in the first half, going in 1-10 to 0-2 behind, only for KK wides it could have been 1-20 to 0-2. Thankfully subs Eoin Kelly, Eoin Murphy, Kevin Moran and Stephen Molumphy steadied the ship. Nothing game in a weekend of nothing games though

Comment

I just was on the tipp gaa forum and looked at this pricing for the club championship.

Football more so than the hurling. If betfair were to open the market for this there would be some serious value with laying off teams.

Im just wondering are other countys the same?

My thoughts on the hurling is Sarsfield are way to short a price. Considering this drom and tommevara look like an ok bet.

Football is just so strange commercials look like an unbelievable bet at 14s. I will actually do some talking to lads on the teams and see what they say about the respective teams. I wouldnt touch moyle rovers at there price.
                                                                                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Ah the Championship is back. Nice win for the Waterford minors this evening 1-21 to 0-16 against Clare. A few of last years Munster Championship winning team are still on the panel, so hopefully a good run this year again

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X