2018 Multi Sport Competition.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 Multi Sport Competition.

Everyone's original selections as at 6/1/18.

SPOILER

Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 21-02-18, 15:48. Reason: To include selections

Rules and stuff.
    All initial selection to be made by 9pm on Saturday 6th January.
    PM your selections to me
    1. PSG
    2. Brazil
    3 Lionel Messi
    etc
    Please be clear on names and give first name & surname to avoid confusion or arguments.

Changes throughout year.
    3 changes can be made to events, up to 7 days before the start date of that event.
    Changes must be made by 23:59 7 days before, I'll update exact deadlines for changes as we go along.
    Changes must be made on this thread, no editing or deleting changes once posted.
    Post a simple 'Change Golden Boot from Harry Kane to Thomas Muller' to do a change.
    Obviously events which are marked STARTED no changes will be allowed.

Official results on the End Date of each event will count, subsequent disqualifications don't count.
    Where an event has playoffs or a final following a league phase (e.g. Munster Hurling, Aussie Rules) then the results of the final are what matters.
    (Darts event is the exception to this rule as League Phase Only is specified).

If any events end in a tie for first or for places then relevant points will be split.

Any disagreements on events winners or points I'll ask 3 non-involved members of IPB to decide.

Entry Fee & Prize money.
    Entry €40. I'll come back with payment details in next few days.

If 7 or less entries, winner takes all.
    8+ entries then 80% for 1st and 20% for second.
    An unlikely 14+ entries then I'll make it 3 places.

Comment

Note 1 Athletics.
      Official result from IAAF website on 31/12/18 counts. Athletes may have had times stricken from official record due to failed drug tests. Tough.
      If Carl Lewis has the 10 fastest times of the year and Michael Johnson the 11th fastest then MJ will be considered 2nd fastest and get one point.

Note 2 Darts.
      Please look at scoring system for this event, the idea here is to get second, not first.
      List of players should be released on Monday after the Worlds final.

Note 3. Poker WSOPME
      Its almost umpossible that anyone will pick the winner. However if I pick say Phil Ivey and he finishes 211th but is the best of our selections then I get the 2 points.
      In other words there will definitely be a first and second in this event.

Comment

Internet ruins these things. No skill or knowledge when someone can just oddschecker all the favs.

Would be great if in a exam room with no access and people had to do it solely on their own views.

And for that reason I'm out. I'll stop shitting on your thread now
        Profit before people.

Comment

In. Cheers AJ

Comment

Lol 40 different events, 20+ different sports, and someone blaming oddschecker. Just sad.

I'll bump the thread in the hope that some of you chumps decide to try and take my money and in turn make my prize bigger.

In.
            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

in

Comment

Hey AJ. The T20 cricket one is defo clubs and not countries, yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                  Hey AJ. The T20 cricket one is defo clubs and not countries, yeah?
                  Aye - Sussex, Kent, Lancashire, that competition.

Comment

Can you PM me bank details please and I'll try complete it this evening/tomorrow

Comment

We sending completed entries by PM?

Comment

We sending completed entries by PM?
                        Yeah, PM is good.
                        I'll post mine up here tonight so I won't be tempted to copy anyone's work, only have stupid UFC left to look at.
                        Will organise bank details tonight, Stars will be good also.
                        And will spam a few likely people to try to get a few more entries in.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                          Yeah, PM is good.
                          I'll post mine up here tonight so I won't be tempted to copy anyone's work, only have stupid UFC left to look at.
                          Will organise bank details tonight, Stars will be good also.
                          And will spam a few likely people to try to get a few more entries in.
                          Cool, will send mine on later. Just the cricket left to ponder

You can post yours or send to me and i'll post at deadline, same difference!

Comment

Shipped selections by PM

Comment

Selections sent by PM

Comment

Cheers all, received selections from mdoug as well so we are 4 at the moment.

I'll send mine to FD tomorrow (I didn't have the energy to look at bloody UFC today).

Any changes are fine and unlimited up to this Saturday 9pm by the way, so don't worry if a selection breaks a leg or suchlike.

Comment

My selections sent to Flushdraw.
                                  I might yet change a few if bad things happen to my selections over the next few days, and will send on any changes if I do.

Comment

My selections sent to Flushdraw.
                                    I might yet change a few if bad things happen to my selections over the next few days, and will send on any changes if I do.
                                    Received.

Just for anyone else thinking of playing; Myself and AJ only share 15/40 of picks, so it's far from a case of picking the favourites for each event, so let's hope we get a few more entries in before the off!

Comment

Received.

Just for anyone else thinking of playing; Myself and AJ only share 15/40 of picks, so it's far from a case of picking the favourites for each event, so let's hope we get a few more entries in before the off!
                                      Just had a quick comparison look at LaoLao and mdougs entries, between the four of us there seems to be only 4/40 unanimous selections so almost all events are going to be alive from the start.

Comment

Whens this close? Not bothered reading.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                          Whens this close? Not bothered reading.
                                          Saturday 9pm, you can do it.

5 entries so far with Strewelpeter selections received.

Hopefully a couple more stragglers to come, 8 in total would be good.

Comment

just sent on there now, I had 41 answers is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                              just sent on there now, I had 41 answers is that correct?
                                              just saw my mistake down o 40 now, will send it on again

Comment

this comp loses all creditibility with the inclusion of the royal rumble

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
                                                  this comp loses all creditibility with the inclusion of the royal rumble
                                                  It just got in ahead of Eurovision.

Comment

Trying to work my way through the list, Ryder cup one we need to pick Europe or USA?

Comment

Sent 2 pm's, ignore the first one I forgot some answers.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                        Trying to work my way through the list, Ryder cup one we need to pick Europe or USA?
                                                        A player I'm assuming, from either team.

Comment

Highest scoring player.

Comment

8 entries so far.

Flushdraw.
                                                            mdoug.
                                                            LaoLao.
                                                            Strewelpeter.
                                                            richieM.
                                                            Dimoxinil.
                                                            5starpool.
                                                            Me.

Comment

Highest scoring player.
                                                              Shit, google wont help much with naming a rugby goalscorer or a ryder cup player.

Comment

Shit, google wont help much with naming a rugby goalscorer or a ryder cup player.
                                                                If you are stuck, just look up top 2017 tryscorers and for ryder cup just choose a top ranked american or european. Bit of a lottery, but the better players will play more matches generally.

Comment

9.30pm tonight (Saturday) is the cut-off for entries.

Comment

9.30pm tonight (Saturday) is the cut-off for entries.
                                                                    Sent...
                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Game is now live.

Please take a minute out to check that I have got your selections correct, much easier to sort any errors now than in December.

Everyone's selections.

SPOILER

Comment

GAA Football looks the only dead event with everyone picking Dublin. Technically someone may choose to change off them when the time comes so I'll leave it up there.

3 solo runs against a unanimous field that I can spot.

Ulster Football SP has Armagh against everyone elses Tyrone.
                                                                        Lao Lao goes Cleveland against everyone else Golden State in the basketball.
                                                                        And 5starpool picks Poland in the volleyball whilst everyone else is Brazil.

GL everyone.

Comment

9 players = €360 - so €290 for first and €70 for second.

You have 3 changes to use.
                                                                          When you make a change put it on the thread so everyone else can see it.
                                                                          "Change Event xxxxx to selection yyyyyy" sort of thing.
                                                                          No editing or deleting after posting.

I'll post each month that months change deadlines.

January change deadlines.

Tennis Aussie Open. Starts 15/01. Deadline for changes 08/01 23:59.
                                                                          Wrestling Rumble. Starts 28/01. Deadline for changes 21/01 23:59.
                                                                          Darts. Starts 01/02. Deadline for changes 25/01 23:59
                                                                          RugbyL. Superleague. Starts 01/02. Deadline for changes 25/01 23:59
                                                                          Rugby 6N winner. Starts 03/02. Deadline for changes 27/01 23:59
                                                                          Rugby 6N tryscorer. Starts 03/02. Deadline for changes 27/01 23:59

Comment

It must have killed SP to put Dublin in for the All Ireland

Comment

#39
                                                                              There is actually a womens royal rumble this year, with ronda rousey as joint favourite! I regret not suggesting this!!!!!
                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Djok kicked off his last 16 match losing the first 4 games but has got back to 2-4

Could it be the first Multi Sports Comp wobble?

Comment

#41
                                                                                  2 down in sets - its over. Need Nadal and Fed to get gumped as well now.
                                                                                  *****

Royal Rumble market has been fun to follow with AJ Styles going from j fav to 20/1 in a matter of days, and Shinsu Nakumora into 5/4 from 10s. Almost like its all fixed.
                                                                                  I half expected someone to use one of their changes here, too late now.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Any disagreements on events winners or points I'll ask 3 non-involved members of IPB to decide.
                                                                                    Hopefully most events will be very clear and straightforward, but if Kim Jung claims a 9.58 100M in the NK Championships, the UFC split their belts or the wrestling ends with the ref turning heel and claiming the rumble win then I might need some independents to make a ruling.

Posters Mellor, TheSituation and DeadParrot have agreed to take on this role.
                                                                                    Between them they have enough sporting knowledge, gambling knowledge and gif ability to make expert judgements.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Nadal out of Aussie Open, should be a gimme for the Fed pickers from here.

Comment

#44

***
                                                                                        February change deadlines.

Soccer. Champions League. Starts 13/02. Deadline for changes 06/02 23:59.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Result 1/40.
                                                                                          Tennis. Aussie Open.
                                                                                          1st. Federer (2 points. Flushdraw, Lao Lao, 5starpool).
                                                                                          2nd. Cilic (1 point. - no-one).

Completed Events.
                                                                                          SPOILER

Leaderboard.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Result 1/40.
                                                                                            Tennis. Aussie Open.
                                                                                            1st. Federer (2 points. Flushdraw, Lao Lao, 5starpool).
                                                                                            2nd. Cilic (1 point. - no-one).

Completed Events.
                                                                                            SPOILER

Leaderboard.
                                                                                            3 way chop now imo.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                              3 way chop now imo.
                                                                                              Nope, stewly picked up 2 points for getting the royal rumble winner.
                                                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                Roman Reigns puts me in the lead

AJ should have followed his research by backing the winner. Schoolboy error!

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  I watted the wat
                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    That was after I had unilaterally agreed the chop. Bad form if it doesn't happen.

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Result 2/40.
                                                                                                      Wrestling. Royal Rumble.
                                                                                                      1st. Shinsuke Nakamura (2 points. Strewelpeter )
                                                                                                      2nd. Roman Reigns (1 point. Flushdraw, AJ)

Completed Events.
                                                                                                      SPOILER

Leaderboard.

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Result 3/40.
                                                                                                        NFL. Superbowl.
                                                                                                        1st. Philadelphia Eagles (2 points - no-one).
                                                                                                        2nd. New England Patriots (1 point - Flushdraw, 5starpool, mdoug, AJ, pokerhand, Dimoxinil, Strewelpeter).

Completed Events.

Leaderboard.

Comment

#53

***
                                                                                                          Early/mid March change deadlines.

Horse Racing. Cheltenham Gold Cup. Starts 16/03. Deadline for changes 09/03 23:59.

Aussie Rules. 2018 AFL Season. Starts 22/03. Deadline for changes 15/03 23:59.

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Game is now live.

Please take a minute out to check that I have got your selections correct, much easier to sort any errors now than in December.

Everyone's selections.

SPOILER

AJ/5star, can we get this table stickied in the OP?

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              AJ/5star, can we get this table stickied in the OP?
                                                                                                              Good idea, it's tagged onto the end of the OP now.

Comment

#56

***
                                                                                                                March change deadlines.

Horse Racing. Cheltenham Gold Cup. Starts 16/03. Deadline for changes 09/03 23:59.
                                                                                                                Aussie Rules. 2018 AFL Season. Starts 22/03. Deadline for changes 15/03 23:59.
                                                                                                                Baseball. MLB Season. Starts 29/03. Deadline for changes 22/03 23:59.
                                                                                                                Golf. US Masters. Starts 05/04. Deadline for changes 29/03 23:59.

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  A sneaky point for mdoug and pokerhand sees them join the cool gang midtablers. Flushdraw continues to lead the way at the top.

Result 4/40.
                                                                                                                  Horseracing. Gold Cup.
                                                                                                                  1st Native River (2 points - no-one).
                                                                                                                  2nd Might Bite (1 point - mdoug, pokerhand).

Completed Events.

Leaderboard.
                                                                                                                  Excitingly two more events complete tomorrow with the Rugby 6 Nations coming to an end. Might be Sunday lunchtime before you get an updated leaderboard though.

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Result 5/40.
                                                                                                                    6 Nations. Top Tryscorer.

That strangled 'get in there' you heard from the corner of the pub for the last England try was 5starpool, as he picks up a potentially crucial half point. Jacob Stockdale escaped us all.

1st. Jacob Stockdale (2 points - no-one).
                                                                                                                    Joint 2nd. Matteo Minozzi & Johnny May (.50 of a point - 5starpool).

Result 6/40.
                                                                                                                    6 Nations. Winners.
                                                                                                                    Lots of misplaced love for England here.

1st Ireland. (2 points - Lao Lao, Strewelpeter, RichieM).
                                                                                                                    2nd Wales (1 point - no-one).

Completed Events.
                                                                                                                    SPOILER

Leaderboard
                                                                                                                    Next event to be completed will be the Augusta Masters at the start of April.
                                                                                                                    With (for reasons I can't remember) 3 points for a win there it could change everything.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 17-03-18, 19:28.

Comment

#59

***
                                                                                                                      Early/Mid April change deadlines.

Golf. US Masters. Starts 05/04. Deadline for changes 29/03 23:59.
                                                                                                                      Snooker. World Championship. Starts 21/04. Deadline for changes 14/04 23:59.

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        With a quarter of the year gone, time for some random updates on the lesser-followed ongoing events.

IceHockey.
                                                                                                                        The 82 game regular season ends this week followed by the playoffs.
                                                                                                                        Popular selections Toronto and Tampa Bay are safely in the playoffs. LA Kings likely to join them albeit as a low seed. I'm the only one dead with NY Rangers eliminated.

Basketball
                                                                                                                        Again the very long regular season ends next week. Golden State (everyone except Lao Lao) and Cleveland (Lao Lao) already qualified for the playoff stage. Golden State not played like an odds-on fav though and Houston challenging them for #1 Seed.

Darts
                                                                                                                        Just over halfway through the league , and popular selections Rob Cross and Gary Anderson are poised to battle for the points-winning second/third spots when Michael Smith inevitably fades away. Peter Wright (me again, and 5star) looks tailed off.

Athletics.
                                                                                                                        Won't really get going until the summer events like the Diamond League meetings. Current leaderboard is irrelevant as no-one has even broken 10s yet but here is where I'll be getting it from.

UFC.
                                                                                                                        Quite an unsuccessful event so far, with Robert Whittaker not having defended his title. He has withdrawn from the Commonwealth Games though to concentrate on the MMA so we can expect some action here in early summer.

RugbyLeague
                                                                                                                        Super league about a quarter of the way through the regular season, which is followed by playoffs so long way to go. St HellsBells lead the way but our other selections Wigan, Leeds and in particular Castleford are all close up in the chase.

Rugby Union.
                                                                                                                        Clermonts defeat see's 5starpool, pokerhand and myself (there's a fucking trend here) lose out. Everyone else on Leinster. Come on ye Scarlets.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X