Loosing my mind (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loosing my mind (again)

To start with i know this a is a bad play, but i'm looking for any reasoning that can justify it at all other then my own warped thinking

6 handed in a 100FO Live FO, good structure i have about 60k UTG has me covered maybe 80k

UTG opens to 4500 at blinds 1k/2k/200

Folded to me in the BB and i call with 97 OS ..

UTG is a better player than me but would have a wideish range here maybe 10j os and better ( and very good suited connectors 910 etc)

flop comes 853 all clubs i have 9 of clubs.

He bets 6k and i push. With gutshot and flushdraw. I went with feeling that there is only a tiny percentage of his range he can call with and he wont just call with a naked flush draw. ( he would also continue bet a high percentage) There is about 17k in the pot and i suppose i view it as relatively easy money. Of course he had kk with a club so the rest is history.

He will call me with qq kk aa (possible jj with club , and maybe 1010 with club), a8 with a clubs and any made flush but i'm not sure what else, in fact i'm pretty sure he cant call with out an over pair or pair and flush draw.

Any one else ever do this kind of thing. 1 thing is i'm only interested in 1st so i will play a higher variance style.
    sigpic
    Longshotvalue.com

If he knows your play he will probably call a lot wider

Seriously you went with a read and got it wrong-unlucky. Most of the time calling with 97o out of position against an early position opener who is competent is setting money on fire

Comment

Your style will tend to get you called more often Aidan I guess, but a lot of the time it works out for you when AQ cant fold against your 89 on the 8 high board, as for him being a better player not sure about that :-)
      Atlantis Events Beat The Boss Saturday 7th Mar @5pm €5,000 Gtd The Dolmen Carlow

Comment

i dont think he cbets here often at all if he aint willing to get it in.
        like i dont think he cbets here with KQ with no clubs or AJ,AQ,AK with no club and thoes are the only hands your folding out.

basically i dont agree with you assesment of his calling range and don't agree that he can only call with over pair or pair+flush draw.

he will call you with two overs+ flush draw or even one over+flush draw or any pair really.

your not really repping much here ...you have some sets and some flushes but alot more gutter+flush draws or pair+flush draws type hands !

Comment

Its pretty aggro vs a utg raiser, is he really raising TJ utg? I You are in terrible shape vs his calling range since you will be drawing to two outs (and zero sometimes).

As gholi said he is going to be checking back a lot of the range you do better against. Calling is probably better than raising. Also if your crai with a hand this weak your range is going to be very wide making it easy to play against.

Comment

Originally posted by Gholimoli View Post
            i dont think he cbets here often at all if he aint willing to get it in.
            like i dont think he cbets here with KQ with no clubs or AJ,AQ,AK with no club and thoes are the only hands your folding out.

basically i dont agree with you assesment of his calling range and don't agree that he can only call with over pair or pair+flush draw.

he will call you with two overs+ flush draw or even one over+flush draw or any pair really.

your not really repping much here ...you have some sets and some flushes but a lot more gutter+flush draws or pair+flush draws type hands !
            This all-in was certainly a mistake, and im sure i missread his continue bet range at the time. I also should know that anyone that know's my play will call pretty wide if they are competent. Im trying to reduce my ships with way to little.
            sigpic
            Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Working...
            X