Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    There's going to be a fight around the chef's table in Chapter One tonight when the HHE find out the Pigeon Head Elite are intruding on their patch.
    It's ortolan season.

Only certain chefs will oblige.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Who carries a pigeons head on them?
        Pigeons.
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
              Pigeons.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                Someone threw a turnip that hit my father in the back of the head in croke park at the All Ireland final in 1980. He thinks they were from Roscommon.
                Sure it wasn't a headbutt?

Be an easy mistake to make with Roscommon lads.

Comment

oh my good lord! The French are a very disturbing people. Why did they think that was a good idea? Is it delicious - I bet its delicious. Just so fcking tasty probably, as otherwise why would you do that.
                  Of course it's delicious.

The flames in the cocottes burn down, and the Ortolans are distributed, one to each guest. Everyone at this table knows what to do and how to do it. We wait for the sizzling flesh and fat before us to quiet down a bit. We exchange glances and grins and then, simultaneously, we place our napkins over our heads, hiding our faces from God, and with burning fingertips lift our birds gingerly by their hot skulls, placing them feet-first into our mouths – only their heads and beaks protruding.

In the darkness under my shroud, I realize that in my eagerness to fully enjoy the experience, I’ve closed my eyes. First comes the skin and the fat. It’s hot. So hot that I’m drawing short, panicky, circular breaths in and out – like a high-speed trumpet player, breathing around the ortolan, shifting it gingerly around my mouth with my tongue so I don’t burn myself. I listen for the sounds of jaws against bone around me but hear only others breathing, the muffled hiss od rapidly moving air through teeth under a dozen linen napkins. There’s a vestigal flavor of Armagnac, low-hanging fumes of airborne fat particles, an intoxicating dekicious miasma. Time goes by. Seconds? Moments? I don’t know. I hear the first snap of tiny bones from somewhere near and decide to brave it. I bring my molars down and through my bird’s rib cage with a wet crunch and am rewarded with a scalding hot rush of burning fat and guts down my throat. Rarely have pain and delight combined so well. I’m giddily uncomfortable, breathing in short, controlled gasps as I continue slowly – ever so slowly – to chew. With every bite, as the thin bones and layers of fat, meat, skin, and organs compact in on themselves, there are sublime dribbles of varied and wonderous ancient flavors: figs, Armagnac, dark flesh slightly infused with the salty taste of my own blood as my mouth is pricked by the sharp bones. As I swallow, I draw in the head and beak, which, until now, have been hanging from my lips, and blithely crush the skull.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                    Pigeons.

Comment

Pigeons.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                        Ah just cos he's Irish doesn't mean we're compelled to support him. There's literally nothing to like about him.
                        He's an amazing athlete, setting records and a 2 division champ. If you're into the sport there is everyone reason to like him.

If you're not a fight fan or just plain clueless about how it works then I can see why you'd say such a thing but there is every reason to like him.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                          He's an amazing athlete, setting records and a 2 division champ. If you're into the sport there is everyone reason to like him.

If you're not a fight fan or just plain clueless about how it works then I can see why you'd say such a thing but there is every reason to like him.
                          He is a gowl.

The O'Donovan's are a great example of people we can all be proud to call our own. That other prick is an embarrassment.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                            He is a gowl.

The O'Donovan's are a great example of people we can all be proud to call our own. That other prick is an embarrassment.
                            Never said people should be proud to call him one of us etc, you shouldn't be hoping he gets smashed imo.

He acts the prick plenty but people just want to see that and presume he's a useless cocky cunt. He's actually one of the greatest athletes Ireland has ever produced and one of the greatest self promoters and fighters the world has seen. Facts. People really need to teach themselves how boxing, MMA and the ppv model work.

Hoping he gets smashed is the same as when yous all hoped the current heel of the time would get smashed when you played with wrestling toys and caught the replays of WWF on the weekends. As oblivious now as yous were back then to what's really going on

Comment

About to start fortnite after finally getting an invite. Hoping its as deeply addictive as it is portrayed to be in the panic-media.
                              1. Your recent posts indicate that you're really busy
                              2. I have teenage children who play fortnite
                              3. You've made a terrible mistake

Comment

Yeah, I went from thinking he was awesome to thinking he's a fucking eejit.

I think the doing coke off young wans tits while he had a new baby was what swinged it. That was before he ran into some pub and knocked the bollix out of someone.

I assumed all the prick behaviour on camera was for the $$, and I admired him for it. I'll always admire someone who's willing to sacrifice what people think of them in pursuit of something worthwhile. Turned out though that he's just a prick.

Pity really.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                  Interesting looking new NetFlix show released today.

MANIAC tells the stories of Annie Landsberg (Emma Stone) and Owen Milgrim (Jonah Hill), two strangers drawn to the late stages of a mysterious pharmaceutical...

Opr
                                  Saw first episode just there. Very weird characters, unusual - may be a bit too out there for my liking.
                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Yeah, I went from thinking he was awesome to thinking he's a fucking eejit.

I think the doing coke off young wans tits while he had a new baby was what swinged it. That was before he ran into some pub and knocked the bollix out of someone.

I assumed all the prick behaviour on camera was for the $$, and I admired him for it. I'll always admire someone who's willing to sacrifice what people think of them in pursuit of something worthwhile. Turned out though that he's just a prick.

Pity really.
                                    Back your shit up.

Show me how this potentially great man let you down.

Comment

@Michelle

Fencing is such a ponsy thing to do! give me a real sword any day lol.

As for the mobile thing for schools, it may be some sort of EU rollout coming as I was at a meeting on Wednesday there as the schools are back this Wednesday coming (woop fucking woop finally) and we have a similar system coming in and they spoke about all the EU education changes taking place.

It will be good to have full visibility of our kid's progression for sure.

Comment

Comment

I guess a lot of the opposition to McGregor is that he is a vision of what Ireland would be like if the North Inner City was to run the country. Whiskey and fighting and bitch-talking and snorting coke of hookers breasts. Wait ... what was the problem again?
                                          He's from the south inner city I thought? Crumlin.

Funny to see how invested CHD is in him.

Comment

There's some nasty shit going around in the form of chest/sinus infections. Managed to tough it out Mon-Thurs but utterly floored last two days.

Lack of wifely sympathy was harsh: "you're just getting old and maybe you shouldn't be going out drinking on Tuesdays". Uncalled for imo.

Comment

This is astonishing, Cruz may as well have a white hood on...

Comment

I thought he was going to end with 'Can I get an Amen?' and then break into song.
                                                May you live in interesting times!

Comment

I really don't understand what cruz point is here?
                                                  Is this the middle of tweet thread or something?
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

This is hilarious. It looks like a fake news article from a civ game
                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                      There's some nasty shit going around in the form of chest/sinus infections. Managed to tough it out Mon-Thurs but utterly floored last two days.

Lack of wifely sympathy was harsh: "you're just getting old and maybe you shouldn't be going out drinking on Tuesdays". Uncalled for imo.
                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

oh my good lord! The French are a very disturbing people. Why did they think that was a good idea? Is it delicious - I bet its delicious. Just so fcking tasty probably, as otherwise why would you do that.
                                                        Francois Mitterrand's last meal. Must be good

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

This is hilarious. It looks like a fake news article from a civ game
                                                          Hilarious? We’ll be going down the tubes with them...
                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                            Not good hilarious.
                                                            More screaming hilarity

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                              Completely sectoral and geographical imo.

If you're a border farmer, you might be screwed. If you're in a US MNC, you probably won't notice a thing.

Also, the real backstop is the EU. They can't let us get fucked over completely. Solidarity and all that - cheap at the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                Francois Mitterrand's last meal. Must be good
                                                                Not sure I'd be able to horse back a few ortolans on my deathbed.

Foie gras a better texture for the moribund imo.

Comment

Tiger gonna get over the line? Much and all as I'm a fan boy I have to say Rory at 7/2 looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                    Tiger gonna get over the line? Much and all as I'm a fan boy I have to say Rory at 7/2 looks good.
                                                                    TIGER putting incredible Rorys putting average
                                                                    TIGER can only lose it off the tee.box. looks like Rose will bag the 10 million either way. . Hes been very impressive , I've warmed to him big time. Hope he wins it. Have Rory backed at 9s.though. might stick something on Rose.

Comment

Rose 9/2 1/4 odds 2 places?

WGR 1, not in final group, most inform player on planet behind DeChambeau

Comment

Yeah, I'm really sick at the moment - very run down, couldn't sleep last night, sore throat, fuzzy head, the works. Probably shouldn't have done a Parkrun yesterday morning then stand outside at the Connacht game in the late afternoon, but I so rarely get sick that I thought the minor cold-like symptoms I had since last Thursday would just go away, not get worse and worse over the past 24 hours.

Horrible thing, being sick

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                          Rose 9/2 1/4 odds 2 places?

WGR 1, not in final group, most inform player on planet behind DeChambeau
                                                                          So a shade over evens for Top 2? I'd say it's close to right.

Comment

6 left here in Citywest came up to rail jbravado. Just doubled to 3rd in chips. LTL in 2nd and Big Karol from JPs chip leader.

€100k up top....

After his heartbreak in the Regency hope he ships....

Comment

Completely sectoral and geographical imo.

If you're a border farmer, you might be screwed. If you're in a US MNC, you probably won't notice a thing.

Also, the real backstop is the EU. They can't let us get fucked over completely. Solidarity and all that - cheap at the price.
                                                                              It’s not about not letting us get fucked over it’s about making sure the optics are uk leave Europe and economy goes into the toilet and everyone else is uneffected.

If there is one thing about irish politics and farmers we can all be sure that every incredibly inefficient and laughable economies of scale farmer will be taken care of.

Comment

A clear 2/4 now. €38k locked up.

1 frenchie left.

Comment

Has anyone ever eaten lamb on a pizza?

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                    I don't think so...but I definitely would.
                                                                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                      Yes, Turkish pizzas usually have lamb, and they're awesome!

Comment

Normally don't care about those live poker updates but funking hard for Jbravado, one time!!

Comment

Have had this for the last 9 days now. Brutal.
                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

Comment

Not sure I'd be able to horse back a few ortolans on my deathbed.

Foie gras a better texture for the moribund imo.
                                                                                              A two-ounce songbird. A lemon-sized tumor. An imperial appetite for death, flesh, and the immortal gesture. It was time for dinner.

From the intro of an article about the meal
                                                                                              The night before the last meal, I visit a stone church where mass is being said. In the back row, a retarted boy sits with his mother,

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                Yes, Turkish pizzas usually have lamb, and they're awesome!
                                                                                                Yeah, I've had them in the LinkedIn office, they've a great pizza counter in the staff canteen.

Comment

My mother gave me an artefact of my late fathers this evening (he died 16 years ago but w/e) - Alex Higgins and Ian Botham's signatures on the same piece of paper.

The mind does wonder wtf the event was.

Comment

My mother gave me an artefact of my late fathers this evening (he died 16 years ago but w/e) - Alex Higgins and Ian Botham's signatures on the same piece of paper.

A shot in the dark but perhaps something Benson & Hedges related, they sponsored some cricket in the late 70s as well as the Irish Masters so perhaps some crossover. I only knew that because my mother worked for B&H for years, I have a few pics as a child with some of the snooker players.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                                      A shot in the dark but perhaps something Benson & Hedges related, they sponsored some cricket in the late 70s as well as the Irish Masters so perhaps some crossover. I only knew that because my mother worked for B&H for years, I have a few pics as a child with some of the snooker players.
                                                                                                      I think at an underworld fight between Roy Shaw and Lenny McLean sounds better.

Comment

...On April 1st 1987, Alex Higgins joined Ian borham on the first stage of his charity walk...They signed alot of autographs together that day (at least my search suggests so), so I'd say it's this...Sorry if it is a boring even 😂😂😂...

Comment

Golf is coming home.

Comment

So a shade over evens for Top 2? I'd say it's close to right.
                                                                                                            AAah I was just saying he was the most likely challenger to Woods

I obviously didnt take into account him having "just finish in the top 5" in his head

Some craic if Tiger takes the lot

Comment

He's made an uncharacteristic mess of it tbf.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                https://www.esquire.com/news-politic...ast-meal-0598/

From the intro of an article about the meal

Oysters, foie gras, capon and ortolan.

Some way to go tbf

Comment

Rory playing a bit like me today.

Comment

"The four players have each agreed a deal which is as follows

Karol Wojciechowski: €74,717
                                                                                                                    Matthieu Lamagnere: €59,304
                                                                                                                    Andrew Dooley: €52,386
                                                                                                                    Sam.uel Banham: €50,094

According to our maths the players are playing for €19,999 extra and the title."

He bust just after deal. Decent weekends work tbf.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                                      TIGER putting incredible Rorys putting average
                                                                                                                      TIGER can only lose it off the tee.box. looks like Rose will bag the 10 million either way. . Hes been very impressive , I've warmed to him big time. Hope he wins it. Have Rory backed at 9s.though. might stick something on Rose.
                                                                                                                      "I've warmed to him"

Willie just say how wrong you got it. You still know your golf and can pick a winner but an irrational underestimate of the goat took a hold of you.

Comment

Uh oh.

Comment

Rose deserves the FedEx. Points distribution seems far too heavily weighted to the final event for Tiger to have had a shot at all.
                                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X