Rivered Boat ... what now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rivered Boat ... what now?

I thought this was interesting enough to throw out here.

It's a $1 SnG and we're quickly enough down to 4 with blinds at 50/100 and a $10 ante

UTG limps, Button raises to 350.
    In the SB I flat call with AKo as the BB has been quite agg and likes to squeeze.
    BB and UTG both fold

Button is a tight aggressive player who hasn't really gotten out of line. He's folded his button to pre flop raises previously but usually opens if there's no action in front of him. He has me covered.

The flop is 2QQr

I check and he checks behind.

Turn is an Ace. I bet 100 into 890 and he calls.
    River is an Ace.

2QQAA

When he opens or raises pre flop he usually has something decent. So I'm thinking JJ, TT, maybe 99 or KJ, KQ. He could have the case Ace for a chop, Maybe A9+ or a raggy suited A.

Hoping he doesn't have the A, what's my best line to get max from this?
    Last edited by Wallace; 15-01-16, 15:23.

betting 100 into 890 on the turn most certainly isnt how to get max value from this hand anyway

Comment

Wallace - thanks for posting a hand. Stack sizes would be useful, if you haven't worked out how to use a hand converter yet.

Non with-standing an aggro BB, I prefer to get more chips in pre-flop, as people will go with worse.

Comment

Originally posted by colm_leche View Post
        Wallace - thanks for posting a hand. Stack sizes would be useful, if you haven't worked out how to use a hand converter yet.

Non with-standing an aggro BB, I prefer to get more chips in pre-flop, as people will go with worse.
        Sorry Colm ... always forget something
        Button was the CL with 5210 covering 2915.

Can't find a HH converter for 888Poker. The histories are saved as a text file on the computer, but are quite detailed and messy. Does anyone know of one I can use?

Originally posted by YoungGun View Post
        betting 100 into 890 on the turn most certainly isnt how to get max value from this hand anyway
        Useful. How much would you make it, and what would you do on the river?

Comment

Without stack sizes it's hard to know exactly, but 3bet pre. Unless you've previous history with the guy, you won't have played enough hands in this sit'n'go to know he's squeeze happy from the BB, and that he didn't just have a hand the other times. As played, leading out on the turn accomplishes nothing. It's a card he should barrel anyway so you're losing value making such a small lead considering you have such a strong hand.

On the river, he might check back all his broadways for showdown value, and might even give up if he has an mid-pairs. I'd probably stab about 400 and try to get a call from some of his showdown hands because he checks back too often here.

Comment

3 bet pre.....if you are going to lead the turn bet out more (1/3 pot at least)...river value bet half pot.
            You have lost tons of value this entire hand.
            your 100 bet was more a blocker than anything else, what is would your play be it he raised turn, did you want him to?
            It's such an odd amount if makes me think you are unsure where you are in the hand
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Wallace View Post

Can't find a HH converter for 888Poker. The histories are saved as a text file on the computer, but are quite detailed and messy. Does anyone know of one I can use?

Useful. How much would you make it, and what would you do on the river?
              Well firstly I think you have to re raise pre. 4 handed and on the button he could be raising with any 2. And you're out of position post flop.

but on the turn I'd bet minimum 1/3 of the pot if you are going to bet. What is the purpose of the 100 bet? If he's on a draw, KJ for example, you're giving him the price to call. I'd nearly check the turn though.

River I'd bet half the pot

Comment

Originally posted by Wallace View Post

if your using HM2 or something similiar you can copy and paste the hand from hm2 to here
                If your nat using a hud its worth getting one for reviewing you hands/play
                The smarter you play the luckier you'll be
                MTT Calender 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                  Without stack sizes it's hard to know exactly, but 3bet pre. Unless you've previous history with the guy, you won't have played enough hands in this sit'n'go to know he's squeeze happy from the BB, and that he didn't just have a hand the other times. As played, leading out on the turn accomplishes nothing. It's a card he should barrel anyway so you're losing value making such a small lead considering you have such a strong hand.

On the river, he might check back all his broadways for showdown value, and might even give up if he has an mid-pairs. I'd probably stab about 400 and try to get a call from some of his showdown hands because he checks back too often here.
                  The game got to 4 handed during the 20/40 level after lots of maniacal play. The BB had squeezed 5 times since from all positions, so I saw this as the perfect spot to trap and re-raise whatever bet he might throw out. I didn't really consider if the button had a hand or not as I was too focused on the BB. A sort of "I'll get ya now" thing going on in my head.

I realise now that the turn bet is bad. Thanks. He's bound to bet at it if he has anything.

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                  3 bet pre.....if you are going to lead the turn bet out more (1/3 pot at least)...river value bet half pot.
                  You have lost tons of value this entire hand.
                  your 100 bet was more a blocker than anything else, what is would your play be it he raised turn, did you want him to?
                  It's such an odd amount if makes me think you are unsure where you are in the hand
                  I think you've probably nailed it. I've recently realised that when I'm playing I think the other guy always has it, so am inclined to tread carefully. I know I'm losing value because of this. If he'd re-raised I would have flat called and most likely check called the river (if I didn't make a FH )
                  Last edited by Wallace; 15-01-16, 21:49.

Comment

Working...
                  X