Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
    I actually mentioned it to a mate at work before my gf tried them. He ported his wife and kid's phones over no issue. He's happy with service etc. Twitter and boards.ie have plenty of bad reports about porting amongst other issues. If you've managed to get ported you'll probably be fine and €9.99/m is a super price. If not, get the rosary beads out.

Truth! Eir's products typically end up working in an acceptable manner but if you have problems, the very best of luck to you. They're an incredibly incompetent company. Layers upon layers of teams not communicating, outsourcing, billing errors etc - you can take your pick.

They won a fibre tender for my employer. In the end it took 6 weeks and 4 separate engineers/calls to push a cable 400m down a quiet road and terminate in the building. A motley crew of KN (ex eir techs now), independent (ex eir, vodafone etc) and eir engineers were required. Half the time engineers just appeared from thin air unscheduled. That said the engineers themselves were genuinely helpful and got their tasks done promptly when they did visit.

There is an exception in that Eir's enterprise data centre, NOC and network infrastructure teams are spot on. They know what they're doing and are very helpful from the few dealings I've had with them.
    Just checked bank, first bill went out 10. 14 cents for the 14 Yr old OK 15 cents over could be pro rata just asked her check bill breakdown on site.

But hey better than "mam will you send me 20 credit!
    Her sky-ness
    © 5starpool

Comment

Mias words "Jesus chill its 15 cents prob value added tax" her words
      Her sky-ness
      © 5starpool

Comment

What are the current mid to high end Android phones that people recommend? OnePlus7T looks a decent price.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
          Had a guy complain to me today after seeing his invoice.

His gripe was he ordered a made to measure product 237cm long and we made it 2370mm.
          Should have charged him in cents.
          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

RTE Has gone to shit since Gay Byrne died

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
              RTE Has gone to shit since Gay Byrne died
              Turned on the Late Late for 30 mins last night with Child #1 to see could we catch the womens hockey team. No sign of them but still an unending stream of nonsense and ads masquerading as competitions.

Child #1: Dad, what is this crap?

Me: it used to be important, once.
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                What are the current mid to high end Android phones that people recommend? OnePlus7T looks a decent price.
                P30 pro is flawless. Incredible battery, camera and then up to scratch as you'd expect from a high end device.

Might get one cheaper with the Google hysteria which is horse shit.

Comment

Looks like the cops are rapidly closing in on the paymaster for the campaign against the current Quinn executives. Not to speculate on the identity of said mastermind but it will be fascinating too see who they are (and indeed who they are ultimately linked to)....

Hopefully they get the full weight of the law thrown at them. Certain people in that region believe laws to be entirely optional.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                    P30 pro is flawless. Incredible battery, camera and then up to scratch as you'd expect from a high end device.

Might get one cheaper with the Google hysteria which is horse shit.
                    Looks like I can get that for ~640 in Carphone Warehouse on Three pre-pay, which I'm already on. Might be a goer.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                      Question for All: I am flying via JFK on Wednesday but i've an overnight in JFK. Land in JFK at like 6pm and take off next morning at 6am. My ticket is a single ticket, do they let you out to get a hotel and some sleep etc? Or does anybody have experience of overnighting through JFK?
                      Possibly depends on your final destination. If its also USA then I don't think you'll have a problem.
                      For comparison on a recent 6 hour stopover in JFK we were able to go outside multiple times for a cigarette and a wander, and get back in without any hassle, which is effectively the same thing you'd be doing.

Comment

few clips here worth watching if Britain making Ireland look good is your thing

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                          Looks like the cops are rapidly closing in on the paymaster for the campaign against the current Quinn executives. Not to speculate on the identity of said mastermind but it will be fascinating too see who they are (and indeed who they are ultimately linked to)....

Hopefully they get the full weight of the law thrown at them. Certain people in that region believe laws to be entirely optional.
                          Yeah it’s a real head scratcher alright, who could possibly be behind it
                          A lot of strange quinncidences in this case

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                            Question for All: I am flying via JFK on Wednesday but i've an overnight in JFK. Land in JFK at like 6pm and take off next morning at 6am. My ticket is a single ticket, do they let you out to get a hotel and some sleep etc? Or does anybody have experience of overnighting through JFK?

Question for Eamonhonda: I land back on Monday at 4.45am from JFK, I have a flight back out to London at 6.30am. What happens my bag if I just abandon it on the carousel and try to pick it up that night when I land back from London?
                            Id imagine the bag will still be held in the handlers offices in the baggage Hall at that point anf you could just pick I up when you arrive in. They move them to a storage at some point so I couldn't really guarantee anything.

Assuming you have an esta, and it's a single not a transfer ticket, id say they will make you leave anyway
                            airport, lol

Comment

Turned on the Late Late for 30 mins last night with Child #1 to see could we catch the womens hockey team. No sign of them but still an unending stream of nonsense and ads masquerading as competitions.

Child #1: Dad, what is this crap?

Me: it used to be important, once.
                              there was a big 15/20 minute slot with them right at the start of the show

I had to pause it so I could fast forward through them

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                Yeah it’s a real head scratcher alright, who could possibly be behind it
                                A lot of strange quinncidences in this case
                                I have a theory that when SQ was facing bankruptcy, he signed over or sold much of his wealth, for next or nothing, so it couldn't be subject to the bankruptcy proceedings.

For example, it was alleged by the liquidator that property owned in Russia worth $193m had been sold to a cousin, Peter Quinn, for $1,000 and a laptop computer. Must have been a nice lappy.

This would have been done on the assurance (non-legal, between friend and relatives) that it would be returned after he was cleared.

What if his senior management team decided to shaft him when the time came to hand it back? Surely behavior worthy of a vendetta?
                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Well SQ never even spoke to "Dublin Jimmy"..... kinda.

1:30
                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                    Id imagine the bag will still be held in the handlers offices in the baggage Hall at that point anf you could just pick I up when you arrive in. They move them to a storage at some point so I couldn't really guarantee anything.

Assuming you have an esta, and it's a single not a transfer ticket, id say they will make you leave anyway
                                    you can definitely just leave and come back in - I do this even for short connections to have a smoke etc. just check the luggage straight through.

for the return i'm guessing you don't have the london leg booked on the same ticket (if you do just check it straight through) - otherwise I would collect the bag and leave in airport luggage storage.

Comment

Looks like I can get that for ~640 in Carphone Warehouse on Three pre-pay, which I'm already on. Might be a goer.
                                      pixel 3 xl is also a great phone and pretty cheap now that the 4 is out. it's pretty much on par with the p30 pro (and no risk of losing google updates or the app store).

Comment

Oh actually major point @gab if you're with aer lingus then they will have someone at their desk when you get back from London if you just leave it on carousel.

If you were with one of the us airlines its likely their handlers finished up in the evening.
                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                          HDM
                                          No real spoilers.
                                          SPOILER
                                          Yeah, thought it was great, they pretty much nailed it, and daemons really worked on screen.
                                          Took me far too long to work out who The Master was (Lester Freamon from The Wire obviously).
                                          Hi-tech helicopter scene in flashback at start was a bit weird, yet 12 years later they are using lower standard airships to go from oxford to london.
                                          Loved that the Magisterium HQ was at the top of The Mall where Buck Palace would be in our world
                                          Not really.
                                          SPOILER
                                          There are what he calls Gyropters mentioned in a few of the books. The opening scene in this is a fairly straight telling of the final scene in La Belle Sauvage
                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I'm calling it at this stage - people complaining about Christmas things happening too early are more tedious than Christmas things happening early.
                                            Ah here but Mary hasn't even told Joseph she's pregnant yet.

Comment

What a time to be alive

Profit before people.

Comment

Dublins ballyboughal beaten in the Leinster intermediate FOOTBALL championship by mullinvat of KILKENNY today

Dublin supremacy my hairy hole

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                  What a time to be alive

The UK is going through a national psychological breakdown
                                                  ?s=20

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Just out of Joker in The Stella.

What an experience that place is. 10/10
                                                      Last edited by Lazare; 09-11-19, 20:39.
                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Gfyl

Was the cunting movie any good?

Comment

Mia went tonight and they wouldn't let her in over 16 ffs is it that bad like, The odeon obv lol
                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                            Mia went tonight and they wouldn't let her in over 16 ffs is it that bad like
                                                            Yeah, it's that good

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                              Gfyl

Was the cunting movie any good?
                                                              It was bleedin deadly kev. Fuck batman, privileged cunt.

That steps scene, swoon. Real anti hero stuff.

Comment

Mia went tonight and they wouldn't let her in over 16 ffs is it that bad like, The odeon obv lol
                                                                Ah, it's not really a cinema, more an art deco cocktail club that shows movies.

Comment

Just realised you meant the movie

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                    What a time to be alive

Best comment. My grandad fought in the battle of itsaknockout

Comment

Joker reminded me of the Budd Dwyer suicide vid,

Link removed.
                                                                      Last edited by 6starpool; 10-11-19, 13:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                        ?s=20
                                                                        Always good to remember the millions who needlessly died because some Austrian fella... ooh no, that's right it was the Germans wanting to buy oil from Iraq

History of Oil from http://uk.youtube.com/user/erkd1 user erkd1 Big Thanks; explains how WWI was truly about Iraq and the German rail line to Baghdad (censor...

Full show worth a watch
                                                                        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                          ?s=20
                                                                          It hasn't come out of nowhere.

Only way you could reverse this is by deposing Putin and\or shutting down Facebook and Twitter.

Comment

Beige cacks are actually more expensive than equally priced denim jeans I've come to find.

When you factor in the extra labour involved in post piss shake shake and tuck, nevermind the stress involved when it goes wrong.

Price of beige cacks should reflect that.

Comment

Currently dl HD rip of said movie, just gone up
                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Currently dl HD rip of said movie, just gone up
                                                                                It's v dark. In a good way.

Comment

It's v dark. In a good way.
                                                                                  Not for me. Not my type of movie, it's for mia

Have you seen The Butterfly Effect
                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Was at a wedding today i Wicklow. Relation of mine marrying a brit. Lots of very stoopid english there. Decided to unload both barrels of my james o'brien brexit gun. Fuk me they are soo fucking stupid and have actually no idea what they voted for, why they voted, what will happen next and why the whole idea is barmey.
                                                                                    A couple of my favorite quotes:

Brit - Are you looking forward to dropping the Euro currency?
                                                                                    Me - Eh wha?
                                                                                    Brit - when you leave with us, are you looking forward to using the pound?
                                                                                    Me - We're not leaving
                                                                                    Brit - Oh maybe I'm getting mixed up! Are you not leaving with the UK
                                                                                    Me - Eh no, the North is leaving, you're in the republic now, we're not leaving. And the North don't use the Euro.
                                                                                    Brit - Ah, So you're not the same?

Brit - you see what I don't understand is: Scotland have had a referendum to vote to leave us, And they will probably have another one. Northern Ireland will probably have one in a year or two. Why cant we vote to kick them out of the UK?
                                                                                    Me - STFU

Brit (who lives here) - If I was to vote, I'd vote leave straight away.
                                                                                    Me - But you realize that, that would cause issues when traveling into other European countries from here etc. There may also be issues with that apartment you own in Spain. You'll not be entitled to all that free medication you get there. Will be all sorts of issues and difficulties going on holiday?
                                                                                    Brit - Oh yeah, never thought of that......

Fucking eye opener. If that's the standard of voter understanding, and none of them are looking to educate themselves, they deserve everything they get..

Comment

Boxing absolutely selling its arse on Sky at the minute

Like the worst version of reality TV ever proposed

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Link removed
                                                                                        Jaysus, never seen that.

Two observations, the initial impact/shot was far less bloody that movies would have you believe, particularly for a revolver. But the post mortem bloodflow was much more so - probably due to an internal void behind the nose, but still.

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                        Brit - Oh yeah, never thought of that...
                                                                                        I think that one reply sums up the whole thing.
                                                                                        Last edited by 6starpool; 10-11-19, 13:10.

Comment

Link removed
                                                                                          Didn't click on this . Is it really a live suicide ?
                                                                                          Last edited by 6starpool; 10-11-19, 13:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                            Didn't click on this . Is it really a live suicide ?
                                                                                            Sure is.

Comment

I had to Google it and it's real alright.

Image should be spoilered IMO. I'm sure there's more than a few on here who don't need reminding about suicide on a Sat night/Sunday morning.

Comment

. Maybe I'm a wuss but feck I'm not able to watch that type of thing . Someone sent me a horrific whatapp video couple of years ago. Wtf. Traumatised for weeks. The image is still with me.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                                                  I had to Google it and it's real alright.

Image should be spoilered IMO. I'm sure there's more than a few on here who don't need reminding about suicide on a Sat night/Sunday morning.
                                                                                                  I had to Google it too. Famous or not I don't think it's okay to post a video of someone committing suicide.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                    I had to Google it too. Famous or not I don't think it's okay to post a video of someone committing suicide.
                                                                                                    Seems to be a bit of a consensus on that. I've no problem if a mod goes ahead and deletes it. No point in me just deleting the post, as it has been quoted twice.

Comment

Seems to be a bit of a consensus on that. I've no problem if a mod goes ahead and deletes it. No point in me just deleting the post, as it has been quoted twice.
                                                                                                      the crazy part is that it's available on youtube at all! it's a fascinating video to be honest. the calmness and normality of it all before he pulls the gun is incredible.

Comment

Ya I've removed the links. That's not the type of thing anyone should inadvertently watch.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                          the crazy part is that it's available on youtube at all! it's a fascinating video to be honest. the calmness and normality of it all before he pulls the gun is incredible.
                                                                                                          The camera person choosing to zoom in for the shot seems bizarre to me. Also that it was broadcast on a 6pm news report hours after it happened.

Comment

Nobody needs to see that shit.

I see the tabloid media in all their decency and humanity have started ramping up their hysteria about their assumption that boy B has made a vide.
                                                                                                            I probably could bring myself to watch torture porn twhere the subjects are scumbag tabloid employees.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                                                              Ya I've removed the links. That's not the type of thing anyone should inadvertently watch.
                                                                                                              IMO

Comment

Coffee people, ahem Mr Z, using a stovetop Bialetti for a bit of variety at weekends but don't seem to be getting great results. Any tips?

Using my grinder to grind beans to an espresso setting and then loosely tamping.
                                                                                                                Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 10-11-19, 14:33. Reason: Kayroo

Comment

Coffee people, ahem Mr Z, using a stovetop Bialetti for a bit of variety at weekends but don't seem to be getting great results. Any tips?

Using my grinder to grind beans to an espresso setting and then loosely tamping.
                                                                                                                  What's going wrong? I use mine regularly with problem?
                                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                    What's going wrong? I use mine regularly with problem?
                                                                                                                    Your command of the English language?

Very bitter, unpleasantly so. I think I might be burning it. Currently trying on a lower heat.

Comment

Your command of the English language?

Very bitter, unpleasantly so. I think I might be burning it. Currently trying on a lower heat.
                                                                                                                      Haha yeah.... I wasn't sure you could burn it.

I use cold water and have my cooker on full but it's a bit shite anyway. I get nice coffee from a deli down the road and it's never bitter.
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

I don't watch soccer much but whenever I do I'm struck by how shit Rashford seems to be versus how much I seem to hear about him (I'm posting this after he scored FWIW).

Comment

I don't watch soccer much but whenever I do I'm struck by how shit Rashford seems to be versus how much I seem to hear about him (I'm posting this after he scored FWIW).
                                                                                                                          He's 21 tbf....judge him in 5 years time

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X