Thread: NIDGE
View Single Post
Old 07-08-14, 22:22   #32
westlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyCascarino View Post
Super dog..massive potential, great times posted and has a good chance of winning the Derby. However, 10s or 12s is an incredibly short price. Some of the analysis here has been quite misleading. There is absolutely no way he could be a 7/2 shot as stated. It's wildly over stating it to say this. Also, it's really pushing it to say he would have been favourite for the last 10 derbies. Bottom line is the dog is still a novice. His price is very very short indeed. Early gears and early pace is great but what will he do when he doesn't break well against top class opposition? There are a lot of rounds to get through in the derby. Speed and clock isn't enough for the derby. Greyhound racing is precarious enough as it is and it's madness to be excited about the price about Nidge. There are dogs in there that are more proven than him that are the same price just to make the final. 10/1 is a dinky price. There is a trend where spectacular dogs fail to fulfil promise due to poor tracking or lack of being truly genuine. We'll see. I definitely wouldn't be going mad on him.
Would not be an expert on greyhounds but you are 1/10 to be right that he wont win it! My point is that is is easy to knock a tip that is 12/1... you are long odds on to be right. If he gives people a good spin at a decent punting price (10-12/1) then a great wager he is. He is 1/3 to win the heat on sat. Also, as it is sponsored by Boyles they showed the first heats live on their live feed tonight (maybe it was live on the full live stream?)... I assume they will do the same on sat so check it out in the shops
westlife is offline   Reply With Quote