Flopped Nut Low - bet or check?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flopped Nut Low - bet or check?

Ok so have been playin in the $10 NL H/L Omaha tourney for a good while now - but very unsure what to do with such hands as this, I assume pf is standard or should i be shipping over the short stack? but what now - do i bet fop, or turn or just check it down as i have the nut low can't be beaten and got no pair so shortstack will more than likely triple up with anything.

Full Tilt No-Limit Omaha, 11 Tournament, 500/1000 Blinds 125 Ante (7 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

CO (t12418)
    Button (t2805)
    Hero (SB) (t31714)
    BB (t39934)
    UTG (t51222)
    MP1 (t18520)
    MP2 (t49123)

Hero's M: 13.35

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3, 10, A, 2
    UTG bets t3000, 3 folds, Button calls t2680 (All-In), Hero calls t2500, 1 fold

Flop: (t10555) 5, 8, 6 (3 players, 1 all-in)
    Hero checks, UTG checks

Turn: (t10555) J (3 players, 1 all-in)
    Hero bets t10555, 1 fold

River: (t10555) 7 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t10555
    Main pot: t9915 between Button and Hero, won by Button
    Side pot 1: t640 won by Hero

Results:
    Button had 4, 6, 4, 5 (straight, eight high).
    Hero had 3, 10, A, 2 (high card, Ace).
    Outcome: Button won t4958, Hero won t5597

Keeping in mind I know nothing about this game, but would shipping pre not be the best play here?
    "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Ugh.. Are you sure you're playing Omaha hilo? You didn't even get half the pot with your nut low...

Anyway, lead the flop imo.

Edit: I was mistaken sir
      Last edited by daire; 20-03-10, 01:07.

Comment

I've no suits and utg has raised pf - do i want to get it all in pf with my hand?
        Regarding the flop - i can only ever win the lo end - which i have the nuts so is there any point in betting?
        Last edited by Ace; 20-03-10, 14:18.

Comment

represent ?

if you barrel the flop and the turn full pot it will be hard for him to call unless p/f raiser hits the high or is chopping the nut low with you. Considering the texture of the flop it doesn't suit a likely raising hand.

he might call a flop bet but a full pot bet on the turn should be uncallable.

that will leave you scooping the side pot and at least half of the main pot depending on the turn river cards.

ouch see now its nl , what a dumb game , possibly same principles apply only go all in on turn
          Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 21-03-10, 13:18.
          I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.. Tom Waits

I have been told if i see some trouble to call 911, I think it's quicker to call 3 Fifty 7 .....RL Burnside

Comment

Working...
          X