Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
    Do you need a ticket? I've a spare if you need it.

Same goes for anyone going tonight.
    Bit of blue about in the second. Looks winable, glgl.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
      Bit of blue about in the second. Looks winable, glgl.
      And I'm backing?? Edit: Atlas?
      Last edited by Ed; 12-07-18, 12:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
        And I'm backing?? Edit: Atlas?
        Some of the syndicate that own Atlas are poker players, no idea if it will win but a small bit of money about for it so far today.

Comment

Anybody know what is the best €300 sim free smart phone at the moment?

Comment

Anyone any experience with booking a stag in Vegas?

10-12 lads, would like a house/suite but not sure where to look. Airbnb not great. Are we better off with standard rooms in strip hotel? I think on the strip is a must. Am I wrong?

Comment

One for IRLKev (but not Hotspur)

Man applies for a job with the Garadi. The Inspector says. These are the best qualifications I’ve ever seen , just one test before you get the job. Take this gun and go shoot 6 travellers and 1 rabbit.

Why the Rabbit ? the man asked. Great attitude, the jobs yours, see you Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                This must be having a mindboggling impact on the Croat population. Their tiny little country in with a chance to get to the final. Yet haven't seen a single article on that, but a million on how England 'need' this.
                the absolute pure shock last night was insane, i was speechless, they support their team like crazy people, but they wouldnt be the type to keep loading up coal onto the hype train until it eventually burns. even today people are saying we were super happy to make the semi finals now super happy to make the final, so whatever happens happens etc.

such a crazy fucking night again, all the bars giving out food at half time, giving out free beers to everyone there etc everyone pure loving it am fucking delighted they won now to get revenge on france for 98 and the whole country shuts down

IDEMO HRVATSKA !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                  Anybody know what is the best €300 sim free smart phone at the moment?
                  Talking to myself here but what seems to be the prob with this?

Only for parent that won't be sitting onit all day. Calls, texts, whatsapp, moderate browing and pics.

Comment

Only for parent that won't be sitting onit all day. Calls, texts, whatsapp, moderate browing and pics.
                    I just bought that cause it was on sale and there may be a problem with the latest M1 update

Shrap rec'd this M1 to me:

Now on sale, havent really used Moto yet, feels nice, happy enough and Id say its a good phone.

But if buying again id probably go with the other one (just better value), *if the problem is fixed/not that big
                    Last edited by Guest; 12-07-18, 15:42. Reason: *

Comment

I've had a g3 and two g5s , great phones for the pric3
                      airport, lol

Comment

Short version of above answer

Grand phone, most Moto's grand phones, G6 Play has a good battery which will be good for parents and light use

M1 I linked, better value if latest update not a big problem

Moto might be easier to get help with if something goes wrong

Comment

Was watching the match with work people, guy beside me mentions early on that he backed Eng outright at 15/2 after they lost to Belgium. I'm at the bar getting a pint with another guy from work when Croatia get the second, "ooh, that's not good for your man, he has a few k on that England bet".

At the end of the match the guy with the bet goes to leave quietly. Just as he's passing a table of English lads, one of them bangs on the table, jumps up, throws up his arms and shouts at the top of his voice "I just won 150 Euros!"

Our table just erupts in laughter.

Comment

...Say what you like about Trump, but he never forgets us...Really nice of him to mention the U.K countries such as Scotland and Ireland...Oh wait...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                              ...Say what you like about Trump, but he never forgets us...Really nice of him to mention the U.K countries such as Scotland and Ireland...Oh wait...
                              In fairness, some of it is....let's give him a Pass.

Nearly forgot it was The Twalfth. Such a quiet news day now compared to the '80s.
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Nearly forgot it was The Twalfth. Such a quiet news day now compared to the '80s.
                                ...Yeah, there have been a couple of bomb scares and fires, but nothing too bad...Not old enough to know it personally but have read about shootings/bombings etc every 12th July...

...In other news, had to laugh at the shambles of the emergency response unit a couple of days ago...The more I read about it the worse it got...
                                ...Dropped sub machine gun when boot of van opened going over a ramp...even more lol, they seen it happen and seen the guy pick it up but time they got back to him he was gone 😂😂😂...

Comment

Judging by Sligo earlier, towns in the west still getting full complement of Boutya's today!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

The Donald does seem to be having a jolly good time on his UK trip, endorsing Boris for PM on the day he's having dinner with May being a particularly nice touch.

Comment

Sigh, the state of Washington took some shares I had as unclaimed property, turns out they did it a year ago, they sold them and obv they're up 50% since. They're gonna mail me a form, I post it back, they'll post me a check. Class.

Comment

Comment

Girl throws ink on a picture of xi in china, shortly afterwards disappears when some guys call around. https://www.sbs.com.au/news/xi-image...-disappearance
                                              Her organs are most likely in rich people now, wonderful place.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                Girl throws ink on a picture of xi in china, shortly afterwards disappears when some guys call around. https://www.sbs.com.au/news/xi-image...-disappearance
                                                Her organs are most likely in rich people now, wonderful place.
                                                Tibetan exiles are calling for China to release a high-ranking monk who disappeared 20 years ago when he was just six years old.

Kidnapped the Panchen Lama when he was 6, still missing + they have made up their own fake Panchen Lama who is acting as if he is the real one

Cunts!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                  We had a 40 min flight, so not really worth getting smashed. Meeting the inlaws after a year plastered might not be a good move either lol.
                                                  40 mins, nah not worth it. Barely counts as flight.

Although, I wouldn't be hanging around 5 hours for a flight either. One of my options to fly home was a 33.5 hour trip including a 10 hour wait Dubai. Fuck that. Paid $100 extra for a later flight, the wait is now 1 hour and, I'm getting on to the same second flight.
                                                  I hate airports.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Although, I wouldn't be hanging around 5 hours for a flight either. One of my options to fly home was a 33.5 hour trip including a 10 hour wait Dubai. Fuck that. Paid $100 extra for a later flight, the wait is now 1 hour and, I'm getting on to the same second flight.
                                                    I hate airports.
                                                    Did similar once a few years back. Travelling from Istanbul to Borocay, I took the scenic route over 50 hours via Oman & Malaysia, potentially another spot, for the sake of a couple hundred's savings... Never, ever, again.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                      The Donald does seem to be having a jolly good time on his UK trip, endorsing Boris for PM on the day he's having dinner with May being a particularly nice touch.
                                                      He hates the EU. Gosh, I wonder who else does.

Comment

In fairness, May should be fucking delighted.

Trump endorsing Boris makes it far less likely that he'll ever get the job.

Comment

Is there any chance at all of a deal acceptable to the EU and to Westminster? Surely it is either fully in or fully out at this stage, with it weighted heavily towards fully out?

Second referendum, although how it would be worded is the thing, is surely the way things are heading, despite all the bluster that it isn't?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                            Is there any chance at all of a deal acceptable to the EU and to Westminster? Surely it is either fully in or fully out at this stage, with it weighted heavily towards fully out?

Second referendum, although how it would be worded is the thing, is surely the way things are heading, despite all the bluster that it isn't?

Seems like everything is in hand

Thousands of electricity generators would have to be requisitioned at short notice and put on barges in the Irish Sea to help keep the lights on in Northern Ireland in the event of the hardest no-deal Brexit, according to one paper drawn up by Whitehall officials.

That could involve bringing back equipment from far-flung countries such as Afghanistan – where the UK is still part of Nato-led operations – said people familiar with the paper’s contents.

The eye-catching scenario is contained in a private government paper outlining the various negative consequences of Britain leaving the European Union without any deal.

The situation could come about because Northern Ireland has shared a single energy market with the Irish republic for over a decade, in one of the consequences of the Good Friday Agreement of 1998. Northern Ireland relies on imports from south of the border because it does not have enough generating capacity itself.

Comment

I actually had to read that three times. And I'm still not sure my eyes aren't failing me or that's been lifted from Waterford Whispers.

Comment

#elonhelpNI

Comment

I actually had to read that three times. And I'm still not sure my eyes aren't failing me or that's been lifted from Waterford Whispers.
                                                                  You're not seeing the great opportunities this creates

Comment

It's like a political comedy at times, although I doubt yes minister was as far fetched.

Comment

Thought this was excellent from boards w.r.t May's speech:

"It's also an opportunity to tear down the bureaucratic barriers that frustrate business leaders on both sides of the Atlantic"

And there you have it folks in plain English. Destroy working conditions, destroy environmental protections and destroy social protections.

Any absolute nutter that voted for this from any working class , actually any location which needs employment has just dumped all over their own protections. Pillars which the EU is renowned for the world over. Standards which the EU is renowned for the world over and that others have to measure themselves by if they want to come to this market.

Well done all who voted for this and voted for the Tories.

Comment

...At this stage, is there any chance of a 2nd referendum and voting to stay in the EU?...Obviously it would be embarrassing as fuck for them...But can they vote again, and can the EU let them stay in it?...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                          ...At this stage, is there any chance of a 2nd referendum and voting to stay in the EU?...Obviously it would be embarrassing as fuck for them...But can they vote again, and can the EU let them stay in it?...
                                                                          A way would be found from the EU side as ultimately the EU does want the UK in.
                                                                          It's political dynamite on the UK side though to even suggest another referendum. And in truth there is no guarantee, despite everything that's happened in the last 24 months, that the result of a second ballot wouldn't be the same.

Comment

It's political dynamite on the UK side though to even suggest another referendum. And in truth there is no guarantee, despite everything that's happened in the last 24 months, that the result of a second ballot wouldn't be the same.
                                                                            They need to feel serious pain first. Jobs relocating have only been a trickle to date. When that becomes a torrent, then the penny might drop for the non-droolers.

Juncker btw told the negotiators to 'screw them to the wall'. Looks like that's not even necessary advice!

Comment

There are no guarantees of course, but if 'the will of the people' is so sacrosanct, why should they not be afforded the chance to change their mind? It would likely lead to calls for further ones though, no matter the result, but the subject of the EU is poison in the UK generally.

By leaving it probably means that they will never rejoin as to do so, even if the public was largely in favour, would mean they rejoined on far worse terms than they left, which in itself would be politically bad there.

Fuck them.

Comment

They need a smoking gun of interference before dreaming of a 2nd referendum

the 2% Nato spending thing is an interesting approach.
                                                                                I wonder who benefits from crippling the economies of European countries?
                                                                                You know a country that was ruined by unnecessary military spending?

The U.S.S.R.
                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

There were just under 1,270,000 votes in it

Take into account all the areas where people have copped on how fucked they are without EU money

How the Tories are clueless (being nice to the tories here, it smells more like a "land grab" by the day)

The 350 million being non existent

The total loss of face of the likes of Boris

The dirt that could be thrown at Mogg over getting his money out & brexiters getting out of the country before the shit hits

How messy it will be whatever way they leave

Potential Stay voters who didn't vote, 16-17 yr olds who are now 18-19

The people who voted against the EU to keep out the Pakistanis etc who copped on a bit to what they actually voted for

Protest voters who are sorry or first time protest voters who have had their scream at the world

Brexiters who would stay away this time cause the thing the world is against them

I know that some new brexit votes would appear but not to the levels above
                                                                                  eeeh, Id say they could swing it

*Labour would possibly need a different leader though for the above to matter!

**One big problem, if there was a vote and it did swing the other way, the place would become poisonous fast!
                                                                                  They may need to learn that they are actually a small country
                                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 13-07-18, 11:05. Reason: **

Comment

There are no guarantees of course, but if 'the will of the people' is so sacrosanct, why should they not be afforded the chance to change their mind? It would likely lead to calls for further ones though, no matter the result, but the subject of the EU is poison in the UK generally.

By leaving it probably means that they will never rejoin as to do so, even if the public was largely in favour, would mean they rejoined on far worse terms than they left, which in itself would be politically bad there.

Fuck them.
                                                                                    I had a meal with a quite lovely older English couple in lanzarote when I was there with my family a few months back.
                                                                                    He was in his mid-late 60s and the wife was about the same.
                                                                                    We chatted for a few hours about all sorts of things and I found out views aligned on things from music to film to sport etc.
                                                                                    Towards the end of the night, he leans over to me and goes, what does your lot make of Brexit? By our lot he meant Ireland. Expecting our views to align I made a light enough comment how we generally feel the uk has fucked up and how Dublin might benefit from financial jobs migrating here.

He said he felt the smaller member of the EU ("all of those little european countries") were getting above themselves, the EU should just be big countries and they'll be crawling back to the UK and then they can set the rules out. The EU has gotten too big for itself and brought up the famous bendy banana

It was honestly quite startling the level of vitriol he spat out. He went from nice oul fella into a walking caricature of little Englander in seconds.
                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

It was honestly quite startling the level of vitriol he spat out. He went from nice oul fella into a walking caricature of little Englander in seconds.
                                                                                      That is basically who an awful lot of them are, really nice bloke but... reads Daily mail, lazy minded, miseducated, bit clueless

Comment

They need a smoking gun of interference before dreaming of a 2nd referendum

the 2% Nato spending thing is an interesting approach.
                                                                                        I wonder who benefits from crippling the economies of European countries?
                                                                                        You know a country that was ruined by unnecessary military spending?

The U.S.S.R.
                                                                                        Jaysus, that's hardly crippling. I'm no warmonger, but the EU free riding on the US defence spend isn't sustainable long-term.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

I hate airports.
                                                                                          Good luck with the 1Hr layover, i don't have happy memories myself.

Lets hope the first leg departs on time.
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Definitely noticing a lot more setting up of business' here recently due to brexit, asked a few people why they were here in the last week and it was for that.

/cries about accommodation

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                              Seems like everything is in hand
                                                                                              I understand the ROI is looking at providing a interconnector direct to France so we can avail of the EU electricity grid and not get drawn into issue with NI/UK power

Comment

Had a quick google out of curiosity of what % the USSR was spending, estimates range from 10-20%.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                                  I understand the ROI is looking at providing a interconnector direct to France so we can avail of the EU electricity grid and not get drawn into issue with NI/UK power
                                                                                                  About 7-10 years away though. Will be nice to match their nuclear with our wind.

Comment

Where would one get some dried porcini mushrooms in city centre?
                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

A deal will be done. Last minute and shite for the UK but a deal will be done. The biggest lie in the whole thing is that "no deal is better than a bad deal". What a crock of shit.

Then the recriminations and Monday morning quarter back discussions will start for about a decade....in the long run the UK will get some tweaks that will help but the dye is cast in terms of future costs and companies sailing away from UK shores...a horrible unfortunate mess. Delusions of grandeur at a time of massive global change leading to a series of missteps. I'd love to hear an honest interview from David Cameron at some stage i wonder how much responsibility he feels...
                                                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Great excerpt from court her, Donald Sterling:

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                          Tesco, Supervalu and asian supermarkets. Not sure if the city centre Tesco's/Supervalu'swould have them in stock though. Gotta look at it carefully for ones from Asian supermakets, if it's too good a deal it's not porcinis or is a mixture.

Things cost a bloody fortune, why are they in so many recipes. I'm not sure if they actually make a difference over another mushroom, suppose it is a very meaty flavour.

EDIT: Fallon & Byrne would have them too.
                                                                                                          Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 13-07-18, 11:23.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                            Fallon and byrne, listons on camden st, no harm in looking in Dunnes on George's St or if on the north side the Dunnes at the ilac centre

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                              A deal will be done. Last minute and shite for the UK but a deal will be done. The biggest lie in the whole thing is that "no deal is better than a bad deal". What a crock of shit.

Then the recriminations and Monday morning quarter back discussions will start for about a decade....in the long run the UK will get some tweaks that will help but the dye is cast in terms of future costs and companies sailing away from UK shores...a horrible unfortunate mess. Delusions of grandeur at a time of massive global change leading to a series of missteps. I'd love to hear an honest interview from David Cameron at some stage i wonder how much responsibility he feels...
                                                                                                              A lot of stuff will stay the same
                                                                                                              Just under a different name
                                                                                                              To keep people happy

Comment

I had a meal with a quite lovely older English couple in lanzarote when I was there with my family a few months back.
                                                                                                                He was in his mid-late 60s and the wife was about the same.
                                                                                                                We chatted for a few hours about all sorts of things and I found out views aligned on things from music to film to sport etc.
                                                                                                                Towards the end of the night, he leans over to me and goes, what does your lot make of Brexit? By our lot he meant Ireland. Expecting our views to align I made a light enough comment how we generally feel the uk has fucked up and how Dublin might benefit from financial jobs migrating here.

He said he felt the smaller member of the EU ("all of those little european countries") were getting above themselves, the EU should just be big countries and they'll be crawling back to the UK and then they can set the rules out. The EU has gotten too big for itself and brought up the famous bendy banana

And therein just one example why we don't support their national team but do support their domestic clubs . Tis hard for some to grasp that . Talk a walk through middle England . Grim

Comment

Oh you can also get them in Little Italy in Smithfield, maybe in Fresh too.
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 13-07-18, 11:33.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                                                    FUCK TRUMP in Russian

Comment

i took no real pleasure in informing the assembled crowd of three lion chested Englishmen mournfully filling an irish pub in Copenhagen after the final whistle the other night that that may get used to it because this is what it is going to feel like all the time a couple of years into brexit.
                                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                                                        Fallon and byrne, listons on camden st, no harm in looking in Dunnes on George's St or if on the north side the Dunnes at the ilac centre
                                                                                                                        That'll do tyvm.
                                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                          Oh you can also get them in Little Italy in Smithfield, maybe in Fresh too.
                                                                                                                          Ty to you too m8. That place is good but don't think it's open on my way home from work.
                                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X