Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For anyone thinking of having a bet at the Curragh tomorrow, it has been raining heavily down this way since 7pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      Back in tbe good auld days of the Budweiser Irish Derby this was not a problem.
      haha i still call it the Budweiser derby!, and the English the Ever Ready derby!

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
        Yeah they encourage you to come and when they get you in the door they dont give a fcuk about you. Coming to the races should be a luxury and enjoyable instead your an underdog in everything you try to do.
        Sluggish staff wherever you look, nobody to supervise them. Curragh and Leopardstown the worst 2. Then you have smaller tracks who bend over backwards to facilitate the patrons.
        Agreed the Curragh seemed very disorganised yesterday - very tough work to get drinks especially. Nobody cleaning up empties from tables either. And 25 mins to get out of the car park! I've gone to derby day a few times but wouldn't be in any rush back again.

Leopardstown/Punchestown are better, Galway much better

Comment

Have two tickets for the Curragh today if anyone needs them , will be heading towards Croke park from Laois around 1pm so could meet on way or leave them in poitin still or somewhere on route.
          Last edited by horatio1; 28-06-15, 10:46.

Comment

Kauto Star

RIP.

Last edited by dobby; 30-06-15, 12:01.

Comment

For anyone willing to burn some money on an outsider. The brothers friends brother who works in the Fahey yard says Do Na Paisti in the 6.25 Bellewstown is sure to go well.

Comment

Backed into 25's from 40/1 and travelling well in 4th albeit 6 flights out and runs out at the hurdle!. The horse tried to make up for it by rejoining the race with an involuntary jockey looking more like he was in a runaway luge than on a horse jumped the next before being finally being pulled out!.

Comment

Like the look of mister chippy in the last at Naas didn't seem to stay upped in trip last time.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                    Like the look of mister chippy in the last at Naas didn't seem to stay upped in trip last time.
                    Very hard race, Multiculture with Smullen aboard is a real danger as is top weighted horse corker hill who won on his last outing.
                    But my own money is on the David Marnane horse Pullman Brown e/w at 17/2

Comment

GL to the Letters of Note team hunting Listed success at Carlisle today.
                      ....and bagged one at Naas this evening. First black type win for MDO'C too. wp all
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Have to back Vastonea and Cairduil tomorrow. Ridiculous Galway records and top apprentices on board.

/jinxing

Comment

Have to back Vastonea and Cairduil tomorrow. Ridiculous Galway records and top apprentices on board.

/jinxing
                          Will be joining you on these two.

Like Adimelo in the first also, the Mullins fav may be too good but can't see Adimelo being out of the first three so should be a free bet at worst.

Comment

/jinxing
                            Originally posted by NiceandcoolTrig View Post
                            Will be joining you on these two.

Like Adimelo in the first also, the Mullins fav may be too good but can't see Adimelo being out of the first three so should be a free bet at worst.
                            Did a tenner ew double , be nice pressie after my hol
                            Her sky-ness
                            © 5starpool

Comment

Heartbreak City in the last at Gal.

Comment

That Lydia Hislop is a pain in the hole. And shes reigning herself in to be only that much. Reminds me of that intrepid reporter in Die Hard II
                                Last edited by rounders123; 28-07-15, 15:49.

Comment

I see the Hayes silks on show at Galway this evening, she looks a decent price based on previous maiden I'd have thought...
                                  Last edited by The Situation; 28-07-15, 15:46.
                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                    Heartbreak City in the last at Gal.
                                    Well named. I like Byrnes' horse for that but how can it defeat such an appropriate pick.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                      I see the Hayes silks on show at Galway this evening, she looks a decent price based on maiden I'd have thought...
                                      Box draw too and the ground might just about hold. Pissing down in Dublin mind.

Comment

All day long
                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Big happy head on GAB. Nice winner.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                            All day long
                                            Got into a lovely rhythm early - great win. 'For sale' sign hung out to the Sheikhs you would imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                              Big happy head on GAB. Nice winner.
                                              Makes up for the day Our Conor was beaten a gee hair in Galway!

Comment

Thats a super win for them, there is a stakes race in that filly. This is what you call flopping the world.. winner of 2/yo maiden with black type around the corner, she is worth a few quid now, never mind broodmare in the future #jealous

Comment

SPOILER

Comment

Getting out on Fran Berry in the last.

Comment

/jinxing
                                                      Gashballs, Cairdiuil got nutted there.

Might have to go nuts on mr Byrnes now.

Comment

Gashballs, Cairdiuil got nutted there.

Might have to go nuts on mr Byrnes now.
                                                        Ah you got rapeseed oil there. You needed Terry Donovan on your side there.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                          Ah you got rapeseed oil there. You needed Terry Donovan on your side there.
                                                          horse cocked his jaw 100 yards out and knew the goose was cooked

get out of jail stakes turned into debtor's prison derby

I think I should not burden any more nags with my cash this week, don't want to be responsible for that amount of pain on poor unfortunate connections again. Have had a great year to date tbf.

Comment

Would people be backing Solow so short today? His season started really early this year, really tough to keep them peaked for this long, wouldn't be surprised if there was a bit of a drop off in form today.

I like Belardo at ew 13's, lightly raced, likes the cut in the ground and the weight for age allowance is a big advantage at this stage of the season.
                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Strange goings on in Sligo. God bless the double result.
                                                              Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                Strange goings on in Sligo. God bless the double result.
                                                                Was on He is top class online got paid out now they have taken the money back out, in the mean time of the stewards inquiry I had withdrawn the entire account now the account is in the red think I may have to open new account or can they send me a bill

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                                                  Was on He is top class online got paid out now they have taken the money back out, in the mean time of the stewards inquiry I had withdrawn the entire account now the account is in the red think I may have to open new account or can they send me a bill
                                                                  What site is this? Most bookies are double result. That means that even if there is a stewards enquiry they will pay out 1st past the post and the amended result

Comment

What site is this? Most bookies are double result. That means that even if there is a stewards enquiry they will pay out 1st past the post and the amended result
                                                                    Boyles, after been on with support they admitted it was a mistake on their behalf and paid up again.

Comment

Lyons reckons Waipu Cove will turn the O'Brien favourite over in the next in 5mins at Tipperary. Not convinced myself so tentative small bet for me.

Comment

Lyons reckons Waipu Cove will turn the O'Brien favourite over in the next in 5mins at Tipperary. Not convinced myself so tentative small bet for me.
                                                                        Free night on the beer for me so

Comment

Free night on the beer for me so
                                                                          nice winner, jesus, 3 hours up in not even a thanks...... this thread is gone eriely quiet

Comment

Originally posted by underachievement View Post
                                                                            nice winner, jesus, 3 hours up in not even a thanks...... this thread is gone eriely quiet
                                                                            Sooner real racing starts back the better.

Comment

With the weather like it is I'm raging I can't make it to Gowran. 2 small mug bets for me. 1 from the tracker. Fisherman's Blues @ 6.00. But of a disappointing run last time imo but I think it was a better race then this evening. Cailin Alainn @ 7 and Zelos Dream @ 8 small each way double. GL me

Comment

Anyone got any locks for Leopardstown tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                  No but I am told from someone who knows a lot more than me about these things that sakhees rose at 4:55 should be a winner
                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                    Potential for rounders screengrabs in the 5.55 (Bainne) and I also like Pretty Famous in the 6.25.

Comment

Pullman brown is the one for me tonight.

Comment

Potential for rounders screengrabs in the 5.55 (Bainne) and I also like Pretty Famous in the 6.25.
                                                                                        6's across most of the board, 12's on boyles!?

my boyles account is fucked so cant use it but...

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                          6's across most of the board, 12's on boyles!?

my boyles account is fucked so cant use it but...
                                                                                          Hopefully you didn't get on, swerved it myself when I saw the big drift.

Bainne ran a funny race, one to watch imo.

Comment

Maontri runs again today but can't be backing her in this class of racing. Track won't suit either.
                                                                                            Runs in a very competitive h/c at 5.45 in Roscommon. Track probably not ideal and awful draw for a frontrunner. Against that she's probably run her best ever races in defeat the last couple of times.

Will have a small nibble if I can get double digit prices.

Comment

Runs in a very competitive h/c at 5.45 in Roscommon. Track probably not ideal and awful draw for a frontrunner. Against that she's probably run her best ever races in defeat the last couple of times.

Will have a small nibble if I can get double digit prices.
                                                                                              Powers paid 4 places and Maontri got 4th at 16/1, hope you were on

Comment

Gogo Maknificent.
                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Nice, thought she was stuck for room for a moment.
                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                                                    Powers paid 4 places and Maontri got 4th at 16/1, hope you were on
                                                                                                    Never copped this, ty.

Comment

You'd have thought Acapulco was gonna win that 5 lengths the way the commentator was going on halfway through the race
                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Punk rocker carries a lot of weight in the last in Newcastle but should be good enough to get the job done. Fillies handicap....yes yes I know but it was in my tracker.

Comment

Punk rocker carries a lot of weight in the last in Newcastle but should be good enough to get the job done. Fillies handicap....yes yes I know but it was in my tracker.
                                                                                                          Paul Mulrennan is a jock I like too. gl

A watching brief for me here with Armelle at a working man's price. Came good this time last year and should have been sharpened up by a recent run.

Comment

Weld going to win the group 3 in Windsor? Some horses I like in it though...master carpenter & cannock chase...it's very short must be a good thing?

Comment

Just a special mention to Hurricane Fly who was retired today, most certainly my favourite horse of all time and an absolute superstar, enjoy your retirement old fella!!!

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Comment

Mr Bounty looks nicely handicapped to go in at the beach again today.
                                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Now or never in the 3.40 intresting to make what Gab s opinion is on this.

Comment

gl to Hasaour here, despite feeling the ground has gone against him

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

I have backed Birdman 25/1 and Express himself 20/1 in the Cambridgeshire.
                                                                                                                        One of them is bound to win.

Comment

Is it not over exaggerating the impact of the draw to push Golden Horn out from 9/2 to 6/1

I'm far from an expert, I know nothing at all about much of the field but 6/1 looks fairly tasty.
                                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X