Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll try firefox for a while.

Comment

It hasn't happened on Firefox yet while it's still happening with Chrome.

Clear the cache or something on Chrome?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
        Is anyone else getting that? Hasn't happened me. Have you tried a different browser?
        its all good here, and its ok on the macbook as well

Comment

Is anyone else getting that? Hasn't happened me. Have you tried a different browser?
          Been using Chrome on both my desktop and Macbook and so far so good not problems for me.
          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

It's looking like it's only happening at work, and only on Chrome for me.

Comment

On Firefox with BT and never a problem ..so far

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                It's looking like it's only happening at work, and only on Chrome for me.
                Annoying that it's happening anywhere, but it does seem to be specific to you there. Apart from the usual cache or reinstall suggestions, I have nothing to contribute at this point.

Comment

Site working flawlessly for me with zero issues. I tether mobile over Three.

Comment

Annoying that it's happening anywhere, but it does seem to be specific to you there. Apart from the usual cache or reinstall suggestions, I have nothing to contribute at this point.
                    Not a bother, it seems like it's gotta be a problem on my end anyway.

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

IPB.jpg Hi sorry having trouble loading pic ........I am getting this most of the day, using VF and chrome
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                        http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

Ya, I'm back stuck on the old one as well at home and can't get it to connect to this one.

Comment

Originally posted by greywolf View Post
                            [ATTACH]901[/ATTACH] Hi sorry having trouble loading pic ........I am getting this most of the day, using VF and chrome
                            Yep,this is happening to myself and a few other posters presently,all Vodafone 3G.
                            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

lo ha folks.
                              Changing to Open DNS is probably the quickest way to resolve this.
                              I was pretty sure the VF issue had been resolved but anyway...
                              1) First, open your router’s settings page by opening it’s address (http://192.168.x.x/)

2) Hit “Expert Mode” on the left sidebar or Advanced

3) Confirm that you want to enter expert mode, then click “configure” and then “connection”

4) Scroll down to “Primary DNS Server” and change it to “208.67.222.222″. Change “Secondary DNS server” to “208.67.220.220″.

Hit “Save and Restart Connection” at the bottom of the page, wait a few moments, and complete registration on the OpenDNS site.

That'll do it on most routers. Obv the instructions may vary depending on make
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                lo ha folks.
                                Changing to Open DNS is probably the quickest way to resolve this.
                                I was pretty sure the VF issue had been resolved but anyway...
                                1) First, open your router’s settings page by opening it’s address (http://192.168.x.x/)

2) Hit “Expert Mode” on the left sidebar or Advanced

3) Confirm that you want to enter expert mode, then click “configure” and then “connection”

4) Scroll down to “Primary DNS Server” and change it to “208.67.222.222″. Change “Secondary DNS server” to “208.67.220.220″.

Hit “Save and Restart Connection” at the bottom of the page, wait a few moments, and complete registration on the OpenDNS site.

That'll do it on most routers. Obv the instructions may vary depending on make
                                What about mobiles,DP?

Comment

for 3g dongle users you need to do this in your network settings
                                  Click Start.
                                  Open Control Panel.
                                  Network & internet
                                  View Network status & tasks
                                  Click Network Connections (on Vista machines, this option is found under "network and sharing centre", then "manage network connections" on the left hand side).
                                  Find the Local Area Connection icon.
                                  Right-click on the icon and select Properties.
                                  On the general tab, highlight Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) (if there is an IPV4 and IPV6 option, highlight IPV4).
                                  Click properties on the right hand side of the box.
                                  In the new window, make sure "obtain an IP address automatically" is selected.
                                  In the bottom half of this window, click the "use the following DNS server addresses" option.
                                  Please enter the following DNS addresses into the boxes:
                                  Preferred DNS Server: 208.67.222.222
                                  Alternate DNS Server: 208.67.220.220
                                  Hit Ok.

Comment

Finally got fixed. Hopefully for good now. Ta for the help DP.

Comment

Finally got fixed. Hopefully for good now. Ta for the help DP.
                                      Dom,it's still not working for Vodafone Mobile users.Lazare is still locked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                        Dom,it's still not working for Vodafone Mobile users.Lazare is still locked out.
                                        Maybe if you google how to change dns settins on your particular phone model it might turn up something? Otherwise, DeadParrot is much better placed to advise.

Comment

Internal Server Error 404 a few times

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                            Take the hint and just fukk off

Comment

Comment

first time allowed on all day

same shit as yesterday i get a contact support page from gator

Comment

Just got error

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                    Just got one of those.

Comment

I fear ...its....

English version of the Borg transmission from the movie Star Trek VIII First Contact

Comment

i got that error message just there again

ahh never mind once we scoop tonight we can buy our own server

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                                          first time allowed on all day

same shit as yesterday i get a contact support page from gator
                                                          Same as me, it seems to let me in in the evening, but not during the day?

If it happens again tomorrow, I'll just change my DNS settings in my router.

Comment

non stop internal errors this morning

Comment

Ok i have watching this thread with a mixture of curiousity and concern with a large helping of confusion..

1. curious as to whats going on?
                                                              2. concern as to whether I'm next?
                                                              3. confusion as to why it works for me and not for others?

Its just that i thought if was an IPB server issue then everyone would be suffering 'glitches' but because a limited but seemingly considerate number of ppl are suffering its an ISP server problem..

A summary/analysis/explaination of current situation would be appreciated

Comment

Haven't been able to access site for the last 5/6 days until now.

A message was up about visiting a youtube channel for help, then yesterday the site was gone completely as if it was shut down

All grand now though

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                  Ok i have watching this thread with a mixture of curiousity and concern with a large helping of confusion..

1. curious as to whats going on?
                                                                  2. concern as to whether I'm next?
                                                                  3. confusion as to why it works for me and not for others?

Its just that i thought if was an IPB server issue then everyone would be suffering 'glitches' but because a limited but seemingly considerate number of ppl are suffering its an ISP server problem..

A summary/analysis/explaination of current situation would be appreciated
                                                                  The people that get directed to the old address are experiencing ISP problems, almost all vodafone related. The internal server errors others seem to be getting are more worrying though, but I haven't got one yet. Can someone post a screenshot next time they get one please? I haven't got one yet, but I haven't been on as often as others lately.

Comment

Been on a good bit since the switch and not had any problems yet.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                      Been on a good bit since the switch and not had any problems yet.
                                                                      +1

Comment

The people that get directed to the old address are experiencing ISP problems, almost all vodafone related. The internal server errors others seem to be getting are more worrying though, but I haven't got one yet. Can someone post a screenshot next time they get one please? I haven't got one yet, but I haven't been on as often as others lately.
                                                                        Discovered something a little odd yesterday.
                                                                        Was out all day and from Tallaght, got IPB, from Ballyfermot got Searchdiscovered, from Chapolizod got Searchdiscovered, from liffey valley got IPB.
                                                                        I don't know enough about the mobile side of the business to properly comment but it appears each substation(or pole or whatever) keeps a DNS cache?

Comment

Discovered something a little odd yesterday.
                                                                          Was out all day and from Tallaght, got IPB, from Ballyfermot got Searchdiscovered, from Chapolizod got Searchdiscovered, from liffey valley got IPB.
                                                                          I don't know enough about the mobile side of the business to properly comment but it appears each substation(or pole or whatever) keeps a DNS cache?
                                                                          Similar issue on the Luas from Stephen's Green to Sandyford yesterday...

Comment

vodafone mobile still won't let me in, directing me here all morning http://www.irishpokerboards.com/cgi-...pendedpage.cgi
                                                                            i just got in now through a proxy, so fucking annoying

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

#98
                                                                              Yep,can still only get in on the phone via a proxy.I DL'ed some DNS app thing but I haven't the foggiest idea how to use it.

Comment

#99
                                                                                Yeah, I'm having a nightmare trying to get on all week on Vodafone. It lets me in randomly, usually in the morning then it doesn't work for most of the day. Anything I can do to change this? This is what i see 95% of the day when i come to the site

So frustrating.

Comment

The Cure

OK... here's the cure !

Hit the windows button on the bottom left of screen,then select Computer, then double-click on the following;

1. main drive usually C

2. windows

3.system 32

4.drivers

5.etc.

6. right click on HOSTS,and select security tab, change permissions on USERS to full control, then apply and close this down.

7. double click on HOSTS and you will be asked for an application to open the file. select notepad.

nearly done,

8. At the bottom of this page on a blank line type in the following:
                                                                                  96.125.174.190 www.irishpokerboards.com (leave a space between them)

9.click file at the top left and click save. DONE.

Close everything down, and open up internet explorer and away you go

Martin.
                                                                                  (thanks to my little brother Noel for this, computer whizz)

I'm on Vodafone by the way too.
                                                                                  Last edited by Fiery Wasabi; 12-07-11, 09:35.

Comment

Originally posted by ikilldurrr1 View Post
                                                                                    Yeah, I'm having a nightmare trying to get on all week on Vodafone. It lets me in randomly, usually in the morning then it doesn't work for most of the day. Anything I can do to change this? This is what i see 95% of the day when i come to the site

So frustrating.
                                                                                    yeah i'm getting that the whole time, I got a good run yesterday and got on after the 2nd attempt this morning so now i've posted this i'm expecting to see it soon
                                                                                    48

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                                                                      OK... here's the cure !

Hit the windows button on the bottom left of screen,then select Computer, then double-click on the following;

1. main drive usually C

2. windows

3.system 32

4.drivers

5.etc.

6. right click on HOSTS,and select security tab, change permissions on USERS to full control, then apply and close this down.

7. double click on HOSTS and you will be asked for an application to open the file. select notepad.

nearly done,

Martin.

ok if you could ask the brother, iam as far as step 4: drivers, but when i go in there i can't find the file HOSTS

running windows XP

Comment

open the folder etc in drivers you will find hosts in there

I've followed the whole way and fingers crossed it will be all good
                                                                                        48

Comment

Thanks for that Martin but i'm on a mac so that fix won't work for me. Cheers.

Comment

ok iam as far as the hosts file but when i right click all i get is

open
                                                                                            send to
                                                                                            cut
                                                                                            copy
                                                                                            create copy
                                                                                            delete
                                                                                            rename
                                                                                            properties

no security option, so i had a look in propertis and no security options in there either

Comment

There should be a security tab in properties, this will let you change the permissions.
                                                                                              Then you go back to the host file, open it with notepad and type in the IP address as shown above, followed by the name.
                                                                                              Then click file, save and then exit.

Worked for me on all 3 computers.
                                                                                              Last edited by Fiery Wasabi; 12-07-11, 14:14.

Comment

about an hour from 3.15-4.15 today

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post

about an hour from 3.15-4.15 today
                                                                                                  had the same here

Comment

Ya I saw that and got them to fix it as soon as I saw it.

If this happens again then email irishpokerboards at gmail.com and if it hasn't been seen by then, this will alert us.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                                                                                      OK... here's the cure !

1. main drive usually C

2. windows

3.system 32

4.drivers

5.etc.

nearly done,

Martin.

can someone explain to me what i do on step 6 here
                                                                                                      i cannot find the security tab anywhere in HOSTS
                                                                                                      this laptop is running windows XP
                                                                                                      i found it no problem on my home laptop, thats running VISTA

Comment

it's not nessesarily there,it depends on your setup( home, network) and your OS.
                                                                                                        once you can open and edit your host file you'll be fine

Comment

it's not nessesarily there,it depends on your setup( home, network) and your OS.
                                                                                                          once you can open and edit your host file you'll be fine
                                                                                                          excellent,
                                                                                                          i just skiped step 6, and presto

thanks lads

Comment

hi all

Originally posted by ikilldurrr1 View Post

So frustrating.
                                                                                                            Back on now after two weeks of not been able to log in to IPB misse you all lol

PS thanks for your help Danny

Comment

Originally posted by de dominator View Post
                                                                                                              Back on now after two weeks of not been able to log in to IPB misse you all lol

PS thanks for your help Danny
                                                                                                              Glad to see your finally on just sorry it took so long.

Comment

The issue with access from Vodafone mobiles is resolved but I'm still blocked through the filter at work.

Is there anything that could be changed to get around this? Worked fine before the recent switch.

Ty Ty.

Comment

Unless you can access it via a proxy site it is a thing that can only be changed by your network admins, and I doubt they will be disposed to it. I've been blocked for the last 10 months or so at work.

Comment

Has the site been acting spazzy lately for anybody? I know there was some downtime on Sunday but its been slow to load pages for me the last couple days.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                                      Has the site been acting spazzy lately for anybody? I know there was some downtime on Sunday but its been slow to load pages for me the last couple days.
                                                                                                                      Acting like a Gary Neville for me also

Comment

BBV Closed??

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                                                                                          BBV Closed??
                                                                                                                          Things run a lot smoother too I feel

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X