No announcement yet.

Snooker betting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard to find a better system though, the two year system is a bit odd aswell. I never agreed with that one.

Comment

Looks the same system as the PDC darts then.

I like the two year rolling rankings.
      Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
      I like this heat - some proper music innit.
      None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Can someone link me to a list of which players are representing their countries in the World Cup pls. Can't find anything with a full list anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
          Can someone link me to a list of which players are representing their countries in the World Cup pls. Can't find anything with a full list anywhere

Comment

FFS

Comment

Yeah, suffered a 4-1 loss to China B so not a great start

Comment

A few surprise results being thrown up in this so far with some of the top seeds beaten already.

England 1-4 Thailand
                Ireland 1-4 China 2 (possibly)
                Scotland 2-3 Brazil
                Australia 2-3 Pakistan

England 1-0 down to China B so they could be heading for an early exit if they can't turn it around. Ireland 3-0 up on UAE so not even sure if England losing 2 on the bounce, and China B starting off with 2 wins is good for Ire or not!

Comment

A few surprise results being thrown up in this so far with some of the top seeds beaten already.

England 1-4 Thailand
                  Ireland 1-4 China 2 (possibly)
                  Scotland 2-3 Brazil
                  Australia 2-3 Pakistan

England 1-0 down to China B so they could be heading for an early exit if they can't turn it around. Ireland 3-0 up on UAE so not even sure if England losing 2 on the bounce, and China B starting off with 2 wins is good for Ire or not!
                  Has to be good as if Ireland win rest of their games they should go through - although frame difference may likely come in to play.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                    Has to be good as if Ireland win rest of their games they should go through - although frame difference may likely come in to play.
                    Wasn't sure if H2H or frame difference is the tie-breaker if teams are level on points, and with only 2 spots, we could be giving 1 up to China B at this stage, so defo need to beat England and the rest. Think i'd prefer to see group games being a maximum of 6 frames, so they can finish 3-3, or else stop if a team gets to 4 frames.

Comment

Wasn't sure if H2H or frame difference is the tie-breaker if teams are level on points, and with only 2 spots, we could be giving 1 up to China B at this stage, so defo need to beat England and the rest. Think i'd prefer to see group games being a maximum of 6 frames, so they can finish 3-3, or else stop if a team gets to 4 frames.
                      Yeah would definitely make it more interesting. Thought the lads might have a bit of a chance with Fergal playing well but it really is a shoot out scenario with the 1 frame games. Anybody there has the potential to win a frame in one visit.
                      Last edited by White Knight; 16-06-15, 15:11.

Comment

Helps when the lads actually have their own cues to play with

Comment

Originally posted by TM2204 View Post
                          Helps when the lads actually have their own cues to play with
                          Didn't help them against Thailand this morning. That's the end of that

Comment

Nope!

I just read the rules

Originally posted by RULES
                            1. Each team will play one 5 frames match against each other team in the group.

2. In a match, each player will play one frame against the other players in the opposing team; frames 1-2 & 4-5. The third frame in each match will involve players in each team playing a doubles frame with each player taking alternate turns.

3. The top 2 teams from each group will progress to the next round in the tournament.

4. Teams must take part in all round robin matches in that round of the Tournament for their results in that round to count.

5. One point will be awarded for each frame won.

6. The number of frames won will determine the group positions.

7. In determining the top two positions in each group, should there be an equal number of frames won by two or more teams, then the following criteria will determine the final position of each team in each group:

If two teams are equal, the winner of the match between the two teams who are equal
                            If two or more teams are tied a sudden death blue ball shoot out will be played between the teams who are equal. The blue ball will be placed on its spot and the cue-ball must be struck from within the D. The teams will toss a coin to determine who will go first. Each player in each team will take turns to pot the blue from its spot.

Comment

^^^ So weird!

Matches lost, frames against or frame difference never comes into play then! Let's get those frames on the board Ireland!

Comment

^^^ So weird!

Matches lost, frames against or frame difference never comes into play then! Let's get those frames on the board Ireland!
                                Well if they finish level in 2nd place with a team that beat them then they are out so probably a 5-0 and 4-1 minimum required!

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                  Well if they finish level in 2nd place with a team that beat them then they are out so probably a 5-0 and 4-1 minimum required!
                                  Well that's the 4-1, and it's tight at the top, but still not looking good for us.

Ire v Eng
                                  China v Germ
                                  Thai v UAE

It's unfortunate that Thailand are playing UAE last, because it looks like we're out. If we get a 3-2 win, China just need 1 frame to qualify, and 3 frames for Thailand puts them through. UAE have only won 2 frames in 4 matches, so can't see them doing us any favours.

If we can get a 4-1 win over England, then China need 2 frames and Thailand need 4, both of which will probably get there anyway. gg

Comment

True, but with the scoring format of "frames won" we'd probably have been in a much better spot. Having no cues to play with was a disaster.

Comment

Vinnie Calabrese +2.5 frames @4/5 v Doherty looks good. 2.30pm

Comment

Ken clears up like a ferret in a rabbit hutch to do my last leg of an accum.
                                        Still hard to get mad at Ken after 1997!

Comment

Think i have found the snooker bet of the year at 11/2 PP!!!. Ronnie v Perry in the Welsh semi this evening.
                                          The bet is neither player to score 3 consecutive frames!. Its only first to 6 frames. I did a max bet at the price!. Ironically if your done it could be Perry to do you!. Perry is no chump and as well as Ronnie is playing currently Perry wont easily get rolled. Either could lose 6-2 and you could still win!. Yes it happened twice in the afternoon semi( 3 frame run and a 4 frame run in a 6-4 result but thats as swingy as its gets) but Perry is a great spoiler and Ronnie respects his game.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                            Think i have found the snooker bet of the year at 11/2 PP!!!. Ronnie v Perry in the Welsh semi this evening.
                                            The bet is neither player to score 3 consecutive frames!. Its only first to 6 frames. I did a max bet at the price!. Ironically if your done it could be Perry to do you!. Perry is no chump and as well as Ronnie is playing currently Perry wont easily get rolled. Either could lose 6-2 and you could still win!. Yes it happened twice in the afternoon semi( 3 frame run and a 4 frame run in a 6-4 result but thats as swingy as its gets) but Perry is a great spoiler and Ronnie respects his game.
                                            Good luck on this one, but i'm not crazy about it. Ronnie is such a good streak player. In his 4 matches he's won 4 in a row in the last 64, last 32 and last 16. He won 5 in a row against Selby in the Quarters.

5/2 for Ronnie to lose the 1st frame and win the match is my punt. It's happened twice already, and so many times over the years to Ronnie.

Comment

Good luck on this one, but i'm not crazy about it. Ronnie is such a good streak player. In his 4 matches he's won 4 in a row in the last 64, last 32 and last 16. He won 5 in a row against Selby in the Quarters.

5/2 for Ronnie to lose the 1st frame and win the match is my punt. It's happened twice already, and so many times over the years to Ronnie.
                                              Good points that puts a different perspective on it!. Perry is 8/11 +3.5 which encourages me. To be honest i would have probably have had a token bet given 11/4 but 11/2 just looks massive as frames will often be shared in a first to 6.
                                              Also i made a mistake it was just done once in the earlier game, i was looking at the break in the 3rd and assumed he won it!.
                                              Your own isnt a bad one i have to say, it can be a flip who gets in and gets the run of the balls. I will be rooting for perry to win the first too anyway!.
                                              I actually backed Robertson at 5/2 before todays play. Such a great match player and seems well in control of his game looking at him today. Ronnie the rightful fav of course but i said if he can get through Allen which he should 5/2 in the final looks decent.

Comment

Id stay well clear of that bet. Have you watched much this week? Perry is a bum, Ronnie will make bits of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                  Id stay well clear of that bet. Have you watched much this week? Perry is a bum, Ronnie will make bits of him.
                                                  Not much but yeah he looked shaky v Trump in a game Trump should have won. Though 50,57,70,74 breaks to win 4 frames in a first to 5 v Wolly was decent. 11/2 when Ronnie has only 2 chances to do him seems like good value to me though. The obvious fact that its very unlikely he will take 3 v Ronnie makes it even more appealing.

Comment

Good points that puts a different perspective on it!. Perry is 8/11 +3.5 which encourages me. To be honest i would have probably have had a token bet given 11/4 but 11/2 just looks massive as frames will often be shared in a first to 6.
                                                    Also i made a mistake it was just done once in the earlier game, i was looking at the break in the 3rd and assumed he won it!.
                                                    Your own isnt a bad one i have to say, it can be a flip who gets in and gets the run of the balls. I will be rooting for perry to win the first too anyway!.
                                                    I actually backed Robertson at 5/2 before todays play. Such a great match player and seems well in control of his game looking at him today. Ronnie the rightful fav of course but i said if he can get through Allen which he should 5/2 in the final looks decent.
                                                    Robertson wasn't on top form against Allen, and he could (maybe should have) been down 4-0. Allen dropping a black over the pocket when 62 ahead, and a dodgy foul on a red with his cue that he didn't agree with at all. He'll need to up his game to even trouble Ronnie in the final.

1.57 about Ronnie to win the tournament now is such a great price. He should be 1.3 imo.

Comment

On the face of it does sound big to me but the compiler isn't just plucking the price out of nowhere, would safely assume your/my opinion is more conjecture based than his. If you're gonna make bet of the season claims you'd need to make a stronger(statistical or other) case for it happening.
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

I heard through the grapevine that Judd Trump was pissed out of his face last night, ended up in hospital and had to discharge himself this morning and was told to rest for the day.

Not sure how reliable, but might make 6/4+ on Bingham a sweat.

Edit - That wasn't a fun sweat, but he got the job done 4-2. Should have boxed it off earlier.
                                                        Last edited by Flushdraw; 10-03-16, 16:52.

Comment

Very nice.
                                                          Ryan Day is a bit of a revelation these days. I feel he has visited a sports psychologist as he seems to have a new lease of life and isnt playing afraid anymore. Wrestled a scrappy final frame off higgins yesterday like a boss, the same type of any frame he would invariably get beaten in. After Bingham won yesterday Bingham admitted he has a lousy head cold which must be miserable playing. Might have shook it off by now but a chance he might not be at his best so Day at +1.5 4/6 or better seems decent in a first to 4.

Comment

Also Fergal with his first 147 recently!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Good to see Ken get through the first round of qualifying against Andy Hicks.

On Selt -3.5/Dale -4.5 double.

backed Lu Ning to beat Oliver Lines at 9/2 because i think there's some value there, and a small bet on Dylan Craig to beat Zhou Yuelong at 6/1, again because the price is too big but throwing money away tbh.

Also an acca on Carter, Yupeng, Poomj, Dale, Davis, Selt, Mann, Hull and Anda.

Edit - Gone in again on Selt -4.5. He could win this 10-1
                                                              Last edited by Flushdraw; 08-04-16, 14:35.

Comment

Good to see Ken get through the first round of qualifying against Andy Hicks.

On Selt -3.5/Dale -4.5 double.

backed Lu Ning to beat Oliver Lines at 9/2 because i think there's some value there, and a small bet on Dylan Craig to beat Zhou Yuelong at 6/1, again because the price is too big but throwing money away tbh.

Also an acca on Carter, Yupeng, Poomj, Dale, Davis, Selt, Mann, Hull and Anda.

Edit - Gone in again on Selt -4.5. He could win this 10-1
                                                                Selt wins 10-2 but Dale wins 10-6 so not joy on the double, but decent win on the single.
                                                                Outsiders didn't get the job done either.

Just waiting on Mann for the acca. 7-7 at the moment.

Comment

No real surprises at the halfway stage of the final qualifying round. Ken holding a 5-4 Ryan Day after being 4-1 up so hopefully he can drive on tomorrow.

Edbon is some grinder and seems to have gone back to his old snail like style of play. Was 9-3 down to Gerard Greene last night, and won 7 on the spin to go through 10-9 after 2am. Back at 5pm today, and while every other match has long played their 9 frames, he's leading 6-1 against Ian Burns, including a 69 minute frame. He's painful to watch when he's like that.

Comment

No real surprises at the halfway stage of the final qualifying round. Ken holding a 5-4 Ryan Day after being 4-1 up so hopefully he can drive on tomorrow.

Edbon is some grinder and seems to have gone back to his old snail like style of play. Was 9-3 down to Gerard Greene last night, and won 7 on the spin to go through 10-9 after 2am. Back at 5pm today, and while every other match has long played their 9 frames, he's leading 6-1 against Ian Burns, including a 69 minute frame. He's painful to watch when he's like that.
                                                                    I'd say he puts staff at these venues kids through college with the amount of overtime they get because of him.

Must be the most tilt inducing player in sport, authorities really ought to call him up on his average shot time, not fair on the opponent.
                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                      I'd say he puts staff at these venues kids through college with the amount of overtime they get because of him.

Must be the most tilt inducing player in sport, authorities really ought to call him up on his average shot time, not fair on the opponent.
                                                                      Jordan Speith v Peter Ebdon in a game of scrabble, be some craic 😂

Comment

1st Round Draw

Stuart Bingham v Ali Carter
                                                                        Stephen Maguire v Alan McManus
                                                                        Ricky Walden v Robbie Williams
                                                                        John Higgins v Ryan Day
                                                                        Judd Trump v Liang Wenbo
                                                                        Martin Gould v Ding Junhui
                                                                        Mark Williams v Graeme Dott
                                                                        Neil Robertson v Michael Holt
                                                                        Shaun Murphy v Anthony McGill
                                                                        Marco Fu v Peter Ebdon
                                                                        Barry Hawkins v Zhang Anda
                                                                        Ronnie O’Sullivan v David Gilbert
                                                                        Mark Allen v Mitchell Mann
                                                                        Joe Perry v Kyren Wilson
                                                                        Michael White v Sam Baird
                                                                        Mark Selby v Robert Milkins

No real crakers that stand out, but Fu v Ebdon is going to be one long, slow game!

Of the qualifiers, i think Carter will beat Bingham, and Wilson will beat Perry.

I don't see much else tbh.

Martin Gould might have too much for Ding in the long format. Depending on which Mark Williams shows up, Graeme Dott could put up a fight but i think he'll run out of steam. McGill had a great tournament last year, but you really don't want to draw Shaun Murphy in the first round. Hawkins loves the crucible but you can't write off the Chinese guys. If Milkins plays his best, he will push Selby.

Very uninspiring 1st round draw. There won't even be any humdingers in the 2nd round! Hawk v Ronnie being the pick, maybe Williams v Robertson if they both bring their A game.

Comment

Hawkins could give Ronnie a tough time. It seems to take him a couple of rounds to get into the groove lately.

Comment

I'd give Liang a shot at 7/2 against Judd. He's got a good career head to head record against him(4-2), they're practice partners so I'd say that's a good psychological edge to have over someone you see day in day out.
                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Ding is the best 1/2 shot I've seen in ages. He will absolutely cane Gould this year

Comment

World Championship 2016

Worlds start today!
                                                                                In the autumn of 1999, a young boy, Ricky Sharma, sitting at the bleachers, watches his father play the nail-biting finals of the World Snooker Championship....

I went with 4 outside picks

Ricky Walden 55
                                                                                Kyren Wilson 95
                                                                                Martin Gould 125
                                                                                Ryan Day 150/1

Ryan Day has had something of a resurgence in recent times and has turned him mind frame around into a positive one which i believe is the main improvement. Hes playing rather well too and with no fear.

I have a sneaking suspicion Kyren Wilson could hit a groove soon and no better place to start. Its only a matter of time until he sits at the top tier and he has so much ability and belief.

Martin is a freak and sometimes thats what you need, hes won a German PTC recently and that will give him belief. Hes fairly clinical but he can spectacularly come off the rails but the price is the lure.

Ricky Walden is playing proper snooker these days and is at the top tier already. He feels he belongs now and is playing without any fear so i think there value in that price.

Wanted to put Allen(27) in as hes playing great and adding his first big trophy outside of Asia recently but i think hes to heavy to last the distance in such a long format tournament and this will count against him.

Comment

It's Dings year

Comment

Allen has a good draw and 25's looks a nice price. He is 5/2 to win his quarter of the draw with Selby being the obvious blocker here. Head to Head with him is 7-6 to Selby but in those matches Allen won more frames 44-43 so fairly even. A boost with a recent title and form too.

Comment

9-9 Bingham and Carter if anyone looking for a bit of late night tension!

Comment

Worlds start today!

Ryan Day has had something of a resurgence in recent times and has turned him mind frame around into a positive one which i believe is the main improvement. Hes playing rather well too and with no fear.

Ricky Walden is playing proper snooker these days and is at the top tier already. He feels he belongs now and is playing without any fear so i think there value in that price.
                                                                                        Ryan Day didn't do much wrong today, and yet finds himself 7-2 down. Higgins was on fire with 3 centuries and 2 other 70+ breaks. On the other hand, Walden has played as bad as i've ever seen him play. He's losing 7-5 to a guy that would probably have lost 10-1 or 10-2 if he met a player in form. Whoever gets through, it will go down as the worst performance i've seen for a player to make Round 2. A shocking low quality game all around. Dave Gilbert must be punching himself in the face to narrowly lose to Ronnie when these 2 chumps play each other.

Comment

It's a shocking match. Didn't even Ronnie's second session. How did he play?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                            It's a shocking match. Didn't even Ronnie's second session. How did he play?
                                                                                            Ronnie played very meh. He gave Gilbert chances but he couldn't take full advantage. Needed a couple of chances to win his frames and not good enough to win it playing like that. Saw an IV with him the other day and he's quite happy to struggle through the early rounds and hit his form in the Quarters on, so he probably won't be too worried at all.

Comment

Don't follow as much as I used to. Thoughts on Selby outright as an interest bet? Draw seems kind.

Comment

I'd give Liang a shot at 7/2 against Judd. He's got a good career head to head record against him(4-2), they're practice partners so I'd say that's a good psychological edge to have over someone you see day in day out.
                                                                                                Following this.

Comment

Ryan Day didn't do much wrong today, and yet finds himself 7-2 down. Higgins was on fire with 3 centuries and 2 other 70+ breaks. On the other hand, Walden has played as bad as i've ever seen him play. He's losing 7-5 to a guy that would probably have lost 10-1 or 10-2 if he met a player in form. Whoever gets through, it will go down as the worst performance i've seen for a player to make Round 2. A shocking low quality game all around. Dave Gilbert must be punching himself in the face to narrowly lose to Ronnie when these 2 chumps play each other.
                                                                                                  Is thats right, didnt see any of the Day game so shades of Higgins of old then. Ricky looks like winning now but yeah brutal standard. But sometimes theres something about the 1st match. The mindset is 'dont lose' and there can be a new lease of life when they get through the 1st game.

Comment

Ronnie played very meh. He gave Gilbert chances but he couldn't take full advantage. Needed a couple of chances to win his frames and not good enough to win it playing like that. Saw an IV with him the other day and he's quite happy to struggle through the early rounds and hit his form in the Quarters on, so he probably won't be too worried at all.
                                                                                                    Really hope he gets to 7!

Comment

The leprosy kicking into the crowd with the coughing. Restless bastards arent used to being penned into the same seat for so long. Coughing is their only respite.

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                                                        Don't follow as much as I used to. Thoughts on Selby outright as an interest bet? Draw seems kind.
                                                                                                        I like Selby and backed him myself, but got 12.5 and you won't get that now (a combo of him being 7-2 up, and Baird just after beating White to set up a 2nd round meeting). I still like Wilson in that quarter so hopefully they meet and give us a good game. Selby seemed a little rusty after skipping the previous 2 tournaments, but improved as the session went on. Milkins didn't put up much of a fight tbh and missed a lot of balls.

Obvious stumbling block in the bottom half is Ronnie, but he's played Ronnie twice in the Worlds and beat him twice (18-14, 13-11) so he ups his game for the Rocket.

Sitch makes some good points about Trump's 1st round banana skin, but i fancy him in the top half. He has by far the toughest quarter with potential games against Ding/Robertson. He beat Ding 13-4 last year. He still hasn't showed what he can do at the crucible, but Finkle thinks it's his year, so you never know!

Trump has beaten Robertson in their last 3 meaningful meetings (not including a best of 5, and best of 7 in between), but Robertson did beat him 13-11 at the WC 2 years ago. Trump has what it takes to beat Robertson over the long format though, because he's won every other game they played which was more than a best of 11 (10-8, 9-7, 10-8).

Would hate to see either Trump/Robertson knocked out before they tangle in the Quarters. Should be the best game of the tournament.

Comment

I like Selby and backed him myself, but got 12.5 and you won't get that now (a combo of him being 7-2 up, and Baird just after beating White to set up a 2nd round meeting). I still like Wilson in that quarter so hopefully they meet and give us a good game. Selby seemed a little rusty after skipping the previous 2 tournaments, but improved as the session went on. Milkins didn't put up much of a fight tbh and missed a lot of balls.

Obvious stumbling block in the bottom half is Ronnie, but he's played Ronnie twice in the Worlds and beat him twice (18-14, 13-11) so he ups his game for the Rocket.

Sitch makes some good points about Trump's 1st round banana skin, but i fancy him in the top half. He has by far the toughest quarter with potential games against Ding/Robertson. He beat Ding 13-4 last year. He still hasn't showed what he can do at the crucible, but Finkle thinks it's his year, so you never know!

Trump has beaten Robertson in their last 3 meaningful meetings (not including a best of 5, and best of 7 in between), but Robertson did beat him 13-11 at the WC 2 years ago. Trump has what it takes to beat Robertson over the long format though, because he's won every other game they played which was more than a best of 11 (10-8, 9-7, 10-8).

Would hate to see either Trump/Robertson knocked out before they tangle in the Quarters. Should be the best game of the tournament.
                                                                                                          Thanks for that. Very insightful. I think I will take the 9s about Selby even if the value is gone. Should surely get a decent run for it. Was going to blindly back trump yesterday as I love watching him play but 7s seems skinny with so many potentially difficult matches. Saw The Situations post then and thought I may as well take the fucker on.

Comment

Thanks for that. Very insightful. I think I will take the 9s about Selby even if the value is gone. Should surely get a decent run for it. Was going to blindly back trump yesterday as I love watching him play but 7s seems skinny with so many potentially difficult matches. Saw The Situations post then and thought I may as well take the fucker on.
                                                                                                            If you haven't backed it yet, you can get 10's now after Milkins has come out like a house on fire and taken the first 3 frames to trail 7-5.

Edit - and Holt just made a 140 break to take a 3-0 lead against Robertson so that will affect the prices now too! Hate that Aussie prick so hopefully Holt does the business!
                                                                                                            Last edited by Flushdraw; 19-04-16, 10:06.

Comment

If you haven't backed it yet, you can get 10's now after Milkins has come out like a house on fire and taken the first 3 frames to trail 7-5.

Edit - and Holt just made a 140 break to take a 3-0 lead against Robertson so that will affect the prices now too! Hate that Aussie prick so hopefully Holt does the business!
                                                                                                              Ronnie could be 4/6 before he hits a ball again at this rate

Comment

Took the 9s last night. Selby would want to sort it out.

Comment

Liang should be 9-4 up and now they'll be sitting in the dressing room with contrasting emotions at 7-6. He's played some really silly shots in that first 4 frames, and Judd hasn't done much better. He just capitalised better.

Comment

Following this.
                                                                                                                    Good shout. I really should have made profit on it as there was plenty of opportunity to.

Comment

I'm predicting Ali Carter announces his retirement from snooker very soon.

Comment

I'm predicting Ali Carter announces his retirement from snooker very soon.
                                                                                                                        He really looked like he was hating life out there.

Comment

How does Joe Johnson get it wrong so often and still have a job?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X