3 Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 Cards

I was just wondering what happens if a player only realises he has 3 cards after all the action has taken place and he is about to muck his cards.

There was an all in preflop by the player in question and all other players folded but when he went to show the other players his hand he realised there was another card stuck to the back of one which he did not originally see.

Oops! In this instance the hand is null and it's a miss deal to my knowledge. Ie: everyone gets returned to the original state. Then I would suggest the dealer to count the deck! ;-)

Comment

I think the player with 3 cards' hand is dead, but all other hands are live if there has been 'substantial action' and the hand plays out as normal.
      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

All other hands had already folded.

The player with the 3 cards was the only one with cards left (he did not even know he had 3 cards until the rest had folded). There were two limps, a raise and a shove from the player with the 3 cards.

Do the players who limped and raised get their money back?

Comment

Originally posted by derek2222_ie View Post

The player with the 3 cards was the only one with cards left (he did not even know he had 3 cards until the rest had folded). There were two limps, a raise and a shove from the player with the 3 cards.

Hand is over imo. Player with 3 cards wins the pot as last player standing.

Comment

sorry hadn't noticed that in OP. In this specific case, I'd award the player with 3 cards the pot and give him a warning. It's the player's responsibility to ensure he has two playable cards (e.g. he doesn't have three cards, one of his card isn't a joker etc).
            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
              sorry hadn't noticed that in OP. In this specific case, I'd award the player with 3 cards the pot and give him a warning. It's the player's responsibility to ensure he has two playable cards (e.g. he doesn't have three cards, one of his card isn't a joker etc).
              Thats exactly what I did. But I had no idea if I was right or not. I genuinely feel it was an honest mistake. Because all the action was over he didnt even need to tell anyone about the 3 cards. He could have just thrown them into the muck.

Comment

Thats exactly what I did. But I had no idea if I was right or not. I genuinely feel it was an honest mistake. Because all the action was over he didnt even need to tell anyone about the 3 cards. He could have just thrown them into the muck.
                the rules can never cover all the possibilities that can be thrown up so judgement has to be used in these cases. If you think it was a genuine mistake, I think awarding him the pot is fine. By the letter of the law, I'm not sure what the correct decision is.
                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

He can't win the pot. Last man standing rule gives the person with the only live hand remaining the pot, however he doesn't have a live hand.

Comment

Much like Nick Power winning a hand with no cards? The only logical thing to do is aware him the pot imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                      He can't win the pot. Last man standing rule gives the person with the only live hand remaining the pot, however he doesn't have a live hand.
                      So in your opinion should all the money be given back to the people involved in the hand and a misdeal declared?

Comment

Working...
                      X