• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem

This one still bothers me.

V1 917k
    V2 700k (BB)
    Hero 804k

Last 7 of €20rb Ipoker. Forget money jumps but Ipoker std payout means top 5 get bulk.

V1 is good winning player, with a ton of good cashes on site. Has been very aggro from 3 tables out. I have 3 bet him ip 4 times, including the previous hand, and he has folded each time, albeit with a long tank last time, (pity as I had AA!). He's 33/27/7 over 88 hands.

V2 is unknown to me but is a winner on SS. Has played v agg on FT. He's 36/28/20 over 25 hands.

Other stacks are 548k/247k/666k/272k.

Blinds 10k/20k/2.5k

Two folds.
    V1 opens to 40k
    Hero next to act in co with 99
    Options?

If I 3b, what do I do with a 4b?

This part bothers me more than the rest of the hand, so I'll post the rest of it later.

Looks like a pretty clear flat to me because busting here with 99 would be ICM suicide given the stacks of others st the table.

While it seems tight, I think I fold to V2 if we choose either option given I'm assuming they play a role in this hand and come over the top of us. I can't stress how bad it would be to bust or decimate our stack here if we are strongly considering ICM.

While I appreciate the history between you and the villain and your consistent 3-betting, I think by 3-betting we are just turning out hand into a bluff because we will have to fold to a four bet if we do.

Comment

I just flat pre as stacks and positions are awkward , and look to pummel the shorter stacks, as opposed to getting into these spots. The 3! without a plan is just bad.

Flatting pre in position can:

Induce a squeeze from a short stack with a weaker holding
      Reduce your variance
      Enable the aggro opener to barrel off to you
      Enable you to float in pos
      Keep your variance low

Comment

OK all good so far.

I flat and V2 flats.

Flop 223.

V2 leads for 60k, V1 raises to 156k.

Hero?

Comment

Originally posted by Lplate View Post
          OK all good so far.

I flat and V2 flats.

Flop 223.

Hero?
          Sigh fold sadly and mutter how stupid a game it is when they get to showdown with A3 and AK.

Comment

Didnt read the other comments Matt so heres my input.

Def no need to be 3 betting here, so should be just flatting, I'm also calling most standard cbets regardless of the flop, you wont be long known where you are on the turn. You dont want to be getting into a battle with the bigger stacks, there is 2 14-17bb stacks and with the other stacks there is still plenty of play so no need what so ever to be getting crafty with mid pairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplate View Post
              OK all good so far.

I flat and V2 flats.

Flop 223.

Hero?
              Easy fold.

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                Easy fold.
                Edit. Completely misread the post was thinking v2 raised. As played the flat pre is fine as said above its a sigh fold on the flop and curse why all this action didn't happen the previous hand.
                Last edited by Donk Magnet; 28-09-16, 21:51.

Comment

Not as interesting as I made out then. I folded flop. Don't know why it bothered me so much. Was the only spot in the tourney where I felt uncomfortable.

Rest of hand was interesting though.

V2 4 bet flop to 355k and V1 tank called.

Turn 2. Check from V2 and V1 bets 155k and gets a fold.

Comment

Is there an argument for 4 betting flop? You fold out some better hands for sure. Seems a little weak to just set mine with 9s. I fold it a lot of the time myself just playing devils advocate.

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                      Is there an argument for 4 betting flop? You fold out some better hands for sure. Seems a little weak to just set mine with 9s. I fold it a lot of the time myself just playing devils advocate.
                      I thought about clicking a 4b for sure. Would V1 fold TT/JJ here? Maybe. He saw me get tricky with AA with 12 left, so there would be some doubt in his mind.
                      Also, when he piles, I've lost a good chunk of my stack to the best player at the table. I just thought his line was so strong on the flop with the raise of the lead and me still to act.
                      At that stage, I thought it entirely possible that V2 could have a random 2 and lead to create action from overpairs.
                      Overall, I folded to err on the side of caution.

Comment

Working...
                      X