top pair with FD on flop - mammoth 1A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

top pair with FD on flop - mammoth 1A

mammoth day 1A. blinds 300/600/50. 9 handed. mix of irish & european but no one very aggressive. i have stack of 43k, up from starting 25k. 5 limpers, so i check BB with 5c9c. utg who limped has not been aggressive in the slightest so even though he has ss of around 17k, i dont think he is limping with a big hand.

pot 3450. flop 4c,8c,9d. Prefer to take the pot down as not many nice turn cards so i lead out for 2.1k. utg calls, as does one other.

turn 8h. i bet 3k, knowing that this board hits my range a lot more than the other 2. utg thinks & shoves for another 12k. other folds.

Decision to call 12k more to win 35k.
    fold & i have 38k, lose & have 26k. getting odds of 3:1, but confused as no idea what to put the utg on except A8suited, overpair (would have raised pre or on flop), flush draw ?

my move?
    Last edited by aubreym; 26-06-17, 18:56.

Call, if you lose point out the 2 x 9 of clubs in the deck and get hand voided.

Comment

You say you have the 9c but also say it's on the board?

Villain also can't have A8s if the 8s is on the board. Need the correct into first

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
        You say you have the 9c but also say it's on the board?

Villain also can't have A8s if the 8s is on the board. Need the correct into first
        A8 ssuited I guess?
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
          A8 ssuited I guess?
          Yeah fair enough.

Comment

good spots. tired. ammended with correct suits.

Comment

I'd have thought utg could have better 9s, suited 8's, overpairs, draws, combo draws, 4's full. It's a limped pot and he's put his entire stack in.

I'd probably have checked the turn.
              What was your plan when you led for 3k?
              As played it's very close but given your description it's probably a fold.

Ps I really don't like the turn bet. It'd be good to know stack size of the second villain also.

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                I'd have thought utg could have better 9s, suited 8's, overpairs, draws, combo draws, 4's full. It's a limped pot and he's put his entire stack in.

I'd probably have checked the turn.
                What was your plan when you led for 3k?
                As played it's very close but given your description it's probably a fold.

Ps I really don't like the turn bet. It'd be good to know stack size of the second villain also.
                I agreee with the above.

Comment

Hands like this do much better with a passive line, its really bad poker to bet fold hands where you have enormous equity. As played I think it's a fold.

Against loose limper's the 8 hits their range just as much as yours. Actually more so given you led the flop, why would you lead an eight on the flop?

Comment

Yep, I should have checked the turn. Stack of 2nd villian was around 40k but his flop bet looked like a reluctant call by his manners so turn but was hoping to take it down, but unfortunately, with draws out there ended up pricing me in to call an allin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

your deductions are kind of iffy to me...

you say UTG has not been aggrro at all that's why when he limps you don't put him on a big hand...but this makes no sense.
                      if some one is not aggressive it means they are taking a passive line with all their holdings so how can you deduce he hasn't got a big hand when his always passive with his entire range ?

you also say you decided to lead cuz there are not that many good turn cards for you but again i disagree...you have 9 clubs + two 9s + three 5s + four 6s + four 7s = 22 cards so almost half the deck is good for you !

if your leading here it should be for value but i much prefer a cr here due to the fact that you can barrel a lot of turn and rivers.

as played its really a simple odds question where you have possibly 11 outs which is about 22% equity and u have to see if the pot is giving you roughly 4:1 or so.

Comment

Working...
                      X