Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
      Speaking of Alexa. Was talking to a Dutch guy last week about smart homes. He was telling me some Airbnb owners in The Netherlands are using it to welcome guests.

There'll be a note when they walk in that says 'ask Alexa to show you around' then using smart lighting it points out all the features of the place.

Pretty cool.

Yeah you can set it up to answer questions from guests, what's the wifi, where are the towels etc

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
      Go fuck yourself and learn to pay the piano
      Put in a bid on one on adverts. No idea how much I'll get to use it

Cordless hoovers are the same pox. Hoovering is half as much work. But somehow I end up doing it three times as often.
      Get a neato
      Last edited by Denny Crane; 10-02-19, 15:06.

Comment

#PrayForShrap
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Pray for shrap. Surrender-monkeying to the max here, second half best watched from behind the sofa imo.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

England Kicking game has been picture perfect in both games so far.

Grim for us ABE fans.

Comment

Sarri should start packing now.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                Sarri should start packing now.
                Should have been turfed out earlier for nullifying one of the best footballers in the last few years by creating a new position for him.
                Profit before people.

Comment

Slightly random but anybody on here a big Hennessy drinker?

Comment

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Anyone ever pull, tear or strain a chest muscle?

Felt a sharp pain when lifting something last week and it's still really sore. Really bad in bed if I sleep on that side.

Just wondering how long it takes to heal up really.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                        Anyone ever pull, tear or strain a chest muscle?

Felt a sharp pain when lifting something last week and it's still really sore. Really bad in bed if I sleep on that side.

Just wondering how long it takes to heal up really.
                        Sounds like you've torn rib cartilage to some extent. You cant do anything that helps. 4-6 weeks heal.

Comment

Jaysus Graeme Souness is some tool!

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                            Sounds like you've torn rib cartilage to some extent. You cant do anything that helps. 4-6 weeks heal.
                            Could be anything. Physio will assess. The guy in Clondalkin leisure centre is best in the business . Hard to get him though

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                              Jaysus Graeme Souness is some tool!
                              Correct . I blame RTE exposing him to Dunphy

Comment

Still brings a tear to my eye.

Music video by The Traveling Wilburys performing End Of The Line. (C) 2007 T. Wilbury Limited. Exclusively Licensed to Concord Music Group, Inc. #TheTravelin...
                                This too shall pass.

Comment

This is the official video for The Christians 'Ideal World'. Originally released on Island Records this track is now available on the Deluxe 25th Anniversary...
                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

"Playlist Best of Lloyd Colehttps://goo.gl/DguxgdSubscribe for more https://goo.gl/rcb9y6"Lloyd Cole and the Commotions – Collected Recordings 1983-1989 5CD ...
                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Prefab Sprout's official music video for 'Cars and Girls'. Click to listen to Prefab Sprout on Spotify: http://smarturl.it/PrefabSSpotify?IQid=PrefabSCaGAs f...
                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Had dinner in the bad ass cafe as the better half won a voucher. Nice retro vibe - pretty sure the burger was a frozen quinnsworth yellow pack burger from the 80s

Comment

Shit.

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                          Could be anything. Physio will assess. The guy in Clondalkin leisure centre is best in the business . Hard to get him though
                                          I'll hold off for a bit. Wait until I've a running injury and get a 2 for 1.

Cheers lads.

Comment

Saw a donut in Avoca today covered in crispy bacon and I had to do it.

Maple & bacon.

Fooking all kinds of amazing. Get one into your face.

Comment

Gonna tweet that too Eamo, the world needs to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                Bacon & Maple was the staple of The Rolling Donut but they have culled it in their Vegan revolution.
                                                Shameful. Depriving people of that piece of heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                  Which one? I usually see Brefinne and sometimes Fergus they are both very good.
                                                  it's usually harder to get a slot with Carol the masseuse than either of them, a session with Carol is some sort of torture, there is no other woman can make me scream the way she does!

Comment

Most places do french toast in some awful Hollaindaise sauce or some maple/cinnamon or what not which completely ruins it. What the fcuk are they doing. Dip the goddamn bread in egg and fry in. Whats so hard about that

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                        Which one? I usually see Brefinne and sometimes Fergus they are both very good.
                                                        it's usually harder to get a slot with Carol the masseuse than either of them, a session with Carol is some sort of torture, there is no other woman can make me scream the way she does!
                                                        Mike Spillaine. Best around

Comment

Most places do french toast in some awful Hollaindaise sauce or some maple/cinnamon or what not which completely ruins it. What the fcuk are they doing. Dip the goddamn bread in egg and fry in. Whats so hard about that
                                                          I spent the best part of two months making French toast sometime in the last millenium.

As you say, drop bread in eggs and fry in 50/50 olive oil and butter. Serve when golden brown both sides. Sprinkle with icing sugar. Serve with good quality maple syrup on the side (never on top, give people the choice) and bacon. Blueberries optional.

After the first thousand or so I got the hang of it.

Hidden talents eh. I do like cinnamon in the egg mix myself.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                              Why don't French people eat French toast? Never seen it here.
                                                              You don't really do breakfast and lunch is far too serious a business to turn into something so frivolous as brunch.

Hence; no French toast in France. QED.

Comment

Comment

Nigella calls it 'eggy bread'

Comment

Thats true! Pain aux Raisins is my go-to, then ponder a four-course lunch around 11:30am. Was speaking to a Finnish girl during the week and she was saying they start to get lunch peckish around 10:30am. At some point thats just having lunch for breakfast.
                                                                    Rounders was ranting about breakfast at 19:46.

Comment

How about a croque madame? Always find them disappointing here, just don't match up to the ingredient list

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                        How about a croque madame? Always find them disappointing here, just don't match up to the ingredient list
                                                                        You need decent brioche-type bread which is hard to find here.

Although only a raving madman would eat a croque madame when you could have the simple perfection of a croque monsieur. I fondly remember a pre-match brunch in the main market in Toulouse where we ate oysters, copious amounts of cheese and three croque monsieurs each. All washed down with bottles of white wine, cognac and espressos.

Comment

Hmmmm.

Upon doing further research (aka asking the wife), they do have French toast in France. They call it pain perdu.

Bejaykers!

I'll have the eggs Benedict please, with smoked salmon.

Comment

goddamn it, now I want some aligot

Comment

Fucking French, once you go down the rabbit hole, there's no coming back.

This looks insanely awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Oooh la la

I was showing the Italians pictures of Tesco flogging off unsold 'Serrano' gift packages of 2Kg ham a couple of pieces of wood to mount it on and a carving knife for €15 (was 60 before Christmas)... Didn't understand a word of the reply but it was a fantastic stream of Italian invective

Comment

...

Comment

Going to London for the weekend. She had gone on a British bake off buzz since I was away and wants to go high tea somewhere. Anyone have recommendations for a good place there?

Also looking Macellaiorc for steak, anyone been before?

Comment

Sketch in Mayfair
                                                                                      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

4 weeks and counting.

Horse flu aside.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                            Going to London for the weekend. She had gone on a British bake off buzz since I was away and wants to go high tea somewhere. Anyone have recommendations for a good place there?

Also looking Macellaiorc for steak, anyone been before?
                                                                                            Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                            Sketch in Mayfair
                                                                                            Sketch, or if you want more traditional the ritz

Comment

I presume the smart play now would be betting on a massive strengthening of sterling when the inevitable happens and they sign the exact same agreement they rejected a few weeks ago.
                                                                                              The assumption that they must inevitably do the smart thing after three years of doing the opposite seems inherently dodgy.
                                                                                              Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 11-02-19, 10:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Bayonne Ham Brotherhood
                                                                                                That's fucking brilliant.
                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                  Bacon & Maple was the staple of The Rolling Donut but they have culled it in their Vegan revolution.
                                                                                                  Viva la ferrero rocher donut!

Comment

Barnier meets Barclay later.

It's going to be like me talking psychoanalysis with Hotspur.

Comment

Any recommendations for places to stay (or areas) in NY? Currently looking in Manhattan and brooklyn. Williamsburg looks good but the L line is down for works.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                        Any recommendations for places to stay (or areas) in NY? Currently looking in Manhattan and brooklyn. Williamsburg looks good but the L line is down for works.
                                                                                                        airbnb or hotel
                                                                                                        Was quite fond of the night hotel as it looked like something from an episode of the twilight zone
                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Seems Revolut might be a bit of a scam or at best their payments team are inept. Lots of people seem to have withdrawals from gambling sites in limbo.

Would stay clear if anybody is using them.
                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                            airbnb or hotel
                                                                                                            Was quite fond of the night hotel as it looked like something from an episode of the twilight zone
                                                                                                            Looking at both, preferably an airbnb where I have the whole apartment. Will look that place up cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                              For me, it has to be Manhattan unless you are visiting people who live in Brooklyn.

Best places to stay (in no particular order) for me are

Chelsea
                                                                                                              Meat Packing
                                                                                                              Soho
                                                                                                              Tribecca
                                                                                                              Grennich Village
                                                                                                              East Village

Comment

If you land on Manhattan, haven't been before (or even if you have) and want an excellent way to get your bearings I simply couldn't recommend this tour enough:

Tacos, dumplings, knishes, bagels; America would be a food wasteland without immigration. Join this New York tour to sample the side effects of mass immigration while learning about those that dared to live the American Dream.HighlightsDiscover NYC from a local perspective, with a local guide by your side Hear stories about New York’s early settlers and taste the eclectic mix of food that they bestowed upon us Stroll through New York's unique cultural historic sites in the Lower East Side, Chinatown, and Little Italy Get a glimpse into New York’s immigrant heritage and how it is shaping the city today Sample some of the delicious iconic treats of New York

Comment

Cool, will do a scan of airbnb there, brother and his gf are living in long island city for two months but I don't need to be out near them, they can come to me! Being in the thick of some hipster Manhattan area sounds best.

Also cheers Keane, never been to NY so could be worth checking out.
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 11-02-19, 14:47.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                    Seems Revolut might be a bit of a scam or at best their payments team are inept. Lots of people seem to have withdrawals from gambling sites in limbo.

There's issues with withdrawing to a pre-paid card which is effectively what Revolut is. I'm sure I heard/saw somewhere (maybe here) that banks were asking people for revolut statements now anyway if applying for things so it's not a useful way of trying to hide the gambling.

Notably a colleague uses an N26 account for this and the bank issuing his mortgage didnt blink or didnt care... or didnt think to ask.
                                                                                                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post

I find it the opposite, very quick for gambling withdrawals. Have used William Hill, BetVictor and Pokerstars and all were the standard time. Splashed around a bit on that new Run it once site last week and a withdrawal from there was faster than I experienced before.

What are you hearing? What makes it look like Revolut fault or a "scam"? Scam is a bit harsh surely, they have been impeccable for years for me and any friends that use it.

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                                                        There's issues with withdrawing to a pre-paid card which is effectively what Revolut is. I'm sure I heard/saw somewhere (maybe here) that banks were asking people for revolut statements now anyway if applying for things so it's not a useful way of trying to hide the gambling.

Notably a colleague uses an N26 account for this and the bank issuing his mortgage didnt blink or didnt care... or didnt think to ask.
                                                                                                                        I just got my mortgage and wasn't asked for Revolut but I have heard of it. Doesn't seem to be standard but maybe if the banks are making a close decision on affordability they will ask.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                                          I just got my mortgage and wasn't asked for Revolut but I have heard of it. Doesn't seem to be standard but maybe if the banks are making a close decision on affordability they will ask.
                                                                                                                          Probably has more to do with the number of outgoing transactions you have to the revolut.

I would have lots. Everything I buy from amazon is done with revolut these days. Saves a fortune in forex.
                                                                                                                          May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X