Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
    Wondering what RD3's opinion is on that documentary. A bit worried that I love it too much, at least in part because I knew almost nothing about the actual history. I'm also easily manipulated by a great soundtrack.
    There are 3/4 other Ken Burns' war documentaries on Netflix which are fantastic.
    American Civil War one was genuinely brilliant, also a great soundtrack too!

Comment

Lot of information about that Mr Moonlight murder here - https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crim...ryan-1.3877518

Good read. Incredible stuff tbh.

Comment

Banshees were a hot topic of debate in The Irish Times letter section in 1893:

Comment

Started reading Learned Optimism, only intended to take a look at it and ended up reading 70 pages in the first sitting. I haven't read Hitch's spoiler but I'm guessing it's what I'm about to spoiler here

SPOILER
          I was curious about what the trade off going to be between a strong internal locus of control and optimism. I find myself a bit irritated by overly optimistic people, that it's going to just lead to wasted energy and effort but maybe that's my bias.

initially surprised by the test, more optimistic than expected until...

avg PmB
          Mod optimitic PmG
          Very optimistic PvB
          Very Pessimistic PvG
          Nearly max score for low self-esteem
          Mod optimitic PsG

G-B was -1.

I feel like that's very different than getting a low score overall due to pessimism regarding pervasiveness and permanence.

I think years of poker and trading led to the low self-esteem score. I'm never going to believe I picked lucky lotto numbers; that attitude might be a nice way to go through life though.

Reflecting back, when I've a good day at work I usually think that the market was just throwing off money, a monkey could have made money and I didn't even have to think about what I was doing. Versus a bad day is caused by my mistakes. Probably not great for happiness but arguably a more realistic view of the world.

Last edited by Denny Crane; 05-05-19, 12:13.

Comment

AndyFatBastards world famous pince. Nealons, Capel Street. 7pm

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
              I'm two episodes through and I knew very little, basically knew nothing of the pre WW2 details.
              Great watch thus far anyway, bound to pick up something over the 18 hrs
              I found it became a bit like the war itself, slow and hard work once the Americans get bogged down. Top quality docu though.
              I saw his civil way one years ago wouldn't mind giving it another spin.
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

remind me how I get around the IT paywall
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

can usually just google it in incognito mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                    I found it became a bit like the war itself, slow and hard work once the Americans get bogged down. Top quality docu though.
                    I saw his civil way one years ago wouldn't mind giving it another spin.
                    I'll watch the rest of his, definitely light on knowledge of American Presidents during 20th century so this documentary adds some chronology to that too.

On the IT paywall, not sure where your kids are in college but pretty sure you get a free IT subscription if you use your student email.
                    I got one over a year ago anyway and I still have free access.

Comment

Where would you like your statue Ole?

Comment

The viper has been reading too much BBV

Zurich SpacetrainBrian Eno - Events in Dense FogTomb Raider - The Puzzle ElementCargo - GT ForceKeiji Inai - Sunset HazeTiny Spaceship - Mike Realm (Conor W...

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                          Where would you like your statue Ole?
                          Anywhere around the side would be fine, dont want it visible from the road.
                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Chelsea being guaranteed CL football with a game to spare is pretty hilarious.

Spurs, Arsenal and ManYoo should be ashamed of themselves. Hilarious stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                              Chelsea being guaranteed CL football with a game to spare is pretty hilarious.

Spurs, Arsenal and ManYoo should be ashamed of themselves. Hilarious stuff.
                              100%

Gutless performance today with a huge carrot dangled in front of them. 1 draw and 3 defeats from the last 4 games is nothing short of a calamity. Then again, anything higher than 5th place would paint over the cracks that Arsenal have. Wolves deserved to be above them. We should give them 4th place for the craic

Comment

Making enquiries about a replica Eames chair. I feel it is my destiny.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                  The viper has been reading too much BBV
                                  Could be giving V some creative ideas for cornering the stoner market there.

Comment

Wouldn't be worth his hourly

Comment

Rory Mc has a liver of Lilly

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                        While I'm at it. New gaff, what's my best play for tv/bb these days? (Awaits SatNav appearance).

Looking at 2 tvs, a home office and soon enough 3 * teenagers on devices.
                                        TV with bb 59 euro 2 yr price promise. Add second box 17.50 add 8 for kids pack. Incapable of adding up at this moment in time
                                        Her sky-ness
                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                          TV with bb 59 euro 2 yr price promise. Add second box 17.50 add 8 for kids pack. Incapable of adding up at this moment in time
                                          ...Jesus Satnav, he called for you on April 6th and you're only getting back to him now?...Always assumed you got notifications when this kinda question was asked...You ok?...

Comment

Less of the blasphemy on the sabbath.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                              ...Jesus Satnav, he called for you on April 6th and you're only getting back to him now?...Always assumed you got notifications when this kinda question was asked...You ok?...
                                              Shes on holidays.

So on behalf of SatNav, GFYL4S

Comment

Didn't see how the hand played out or whether Loeser's play makes sense, but final 5 of the Monte Carlo Main Event with €825k+ up top and you're looking at 10 high for your life...

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Comment

Good few markets around GOT on Skybet. Some guy on reddit is after apparently giving away a load of stuff from leaks. There are a couple of leaked scenes going around which lend credit to him saying he has seen it. If you aren't a fan and don't mind having it spoiled could be a few quid to me made.

Opr

Comment

Devil at the crossroads, Robert Johnson story on Netflix is a great watch.
                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

.... seriously fuck off
                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                        I knew there was a good offer coming

Now gway I'm on hols
                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Making enquiries about a replica Eames chair. I feel it is my destiny.

Very nice chairs. Although, essentially mass produced with handmade price tag.
                                                          I'd still spec them a lot for clients. The standard one is fine, options (like wood finish) can double the price.

Comment

Come on Leicester, how anyone could be cheering on the Qatari stooges to a title I don’t know, I’m not a Liverpool supporter but the heart they have shown in this title race is something else
                                                            Man city are disgusting

Comment

Come on Leicester, how anyone could be cheering on the Qatari stooges to a title I don’t know, I’m not a Liverpool supporter but the heart they have shown in this title race is something else
                                                              Man city are disgusting
                                                              i'm really not a hater and not much of a football fan either, but at this stage, there is genuine comedy value at seeing liverpool fail so close to the finish line yet again

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                Very nice chairs. Although, essentially mass produced with handmade price tag.
                                                                I'd still spec them a lot for clients. The standard one is fine, options (like wood finish) can double the price.
                                                                Seem to be running approx €1200 for the Luxe version.

The actual one is something like 7k.

Comment

Man city are disgusting
                                                                  Or the faceless American sports corporation known as Liverpool LLC.

The English football clubs sold their soul a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                    Already sorted thanks Ms Nav

Comment

It's true but something at least seems somewhat more organic about Liverpool's progress than City's even though I'm sure a similar proportion are "home grown".
                                                                      I grew up as a Utd fan but I think I'd prefer to see Liverpool win than City.

Chatting with a mate yesterday about Utd and we thought if Utd wanted to be relevant next year, how much would they need to invest in the current market.
                                                                      North of 500m to even get in the mix, perhaps more.

As you said souls were sold a long time ago.

Comment

If Liverpool win the league there will be carnage . The liffey will overflow with tears of joy and relief. The inner city thugs will have to move to their Aunites in Finglas as Dublin City centre will be a no go area. Middle aged men and their inner scouser will wreck the gaff.

CITY win it. Nothing changes.

Comment

Seem to be running approx €1200 for the Luxe version.

The actual one is something like 7k.

Yeah you get a replica for about that.
                                                                          I was talking about the actual one, produced under license or whatever.

We spec'd one for a client. Quote came back at $11k, because he wanted the upgraded leather and palisander timber version. Then refused to pay for the upgrade.
                                                                          He was a nightmare all around. Spent a bomb doing up a harbour view apartment, putting it all through his daughter's business, wouldn't pay the fees, despite the fact he was a millionaire.
                                                                          I doubt he enjoyed his Eames chair in the end. The past caught up with him and 6 months later he was sent down for 39 years for murder. He had arranged the murder of his business partner 10 years ago.

Comment

Anything you need to tell us Raoul?

Comment

Der neue spam ist sehr guht.

Comment

Is there any avenues for getting into aircraft leasing without an accountancy background?

Comment

I'll lease you mine for €1000 an hour.

Comment

Is there any avenues for getting into aircraft leasing without an accountancy background?
                                                                                    Other main qualification seems to be engineering. You also see some Math types and some legal types as well as IT folk.

Big money trading type jobs seem to require a few years in house experience across a couple of functions.

Edit: Personal or network recommendations seem like a common factor in mid-career hires. They are very particular about permanent hires so expect a long process if you take it further.
                                                                                    Last edited by Western_Sean; 06-05-19, 15:52.

Comment

Did you pursue the PG diploma after? I started a similar springboard one in GMIT but I'm leaving it till next year, too much just after starting the job.

Comment

Any hotel recommendations for Prague?

Comment

Anything you need to tell us Raoul?
                                                                                          Gimmeabreak will be back soon and anything my browsing history relating to decomposition is purely out of scientific interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                            Did you pursue the PG diploma after? I started a similar springboard one in GMIT but I'm leaving it till next year, too much just after starting the job.
                                                                                            Yeah I did, and I think it's a waste of time unfortunately,

Comment

You'd think the Queen had a baby, the way the BBC cover it.
                                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

GOT
                                                                                                SPOILER
                                                                                                yikes, what a shit show. Actually went and read the spoilers for rest of season on reddit after that episode as not too bothered what happens now, it’s that bad. Like none of it makes sense. Seen a vid of a major cast member being asked were they happy how it ends for them and their reaction says it all. Biggest bottle job in TV history?

Comment

Not even close to the same level. Theirs a bit of romance to Liverpool in spite of who pays the bills, great to watch , the history and epic atmosphere at Anfield. Klopp has built a team
                                                                                                  Versus spoiled brat fans in the emptihad with their despot human rights abusing sugar daddies throwing balls of money around and corrupting everything they touch. Can’t wsit for the oil money to run out or Uefa to grow a pair and for quataris to drop them just like abramovich is doing with chelsea
                                                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 06-05-19, 18:33.

Comment

Man city are disgusting
                                                                                                    Nah I work with loads of Liverpool fans, it will be intolerable

Comment

Looking forward to this getting an airing again if Leicester do a job

Comment

A club that spends €50M on full backs as cover to their €50M full backs versus a club that's done things right and has probably the best manager in all ways in charge.

Cmon Leicester.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                          Nah I work with loads of Liverpool fans, it will be intolerable
                                                                                                          Can't be anywhere near as bad as the winner picker United fan.

They are almost extinct at this stage thankfully. Last seen creeping out from under rocks 6 weeks ago after their latest hibernation to witness their saviour Ole, who famously beat Celtic of the glorified league of Ireland with Molde and then oversaw Cardiff have the odd 4 minute spell of good football on their way to relegation, bring back the good days of attack attack attack to Old Trafford. He's done us all a favour. Definitely put a few final nails in the coffins of beer bellied blue jeans and united Jersey clowns.

Can't thank him enough for that.

Comment

Not even close to the same level. Theirs a bit of romance to Liverpool in spite of who pays the bills, great to watch , the history and epic atmosphere at Anfield. Klopp has built a team
                                                                                                            Versus spoiled brat fans in the emptihad with their despot human rights abusing sugar daddies throwing balls of money around and corrupting everything they touch. Can’t wsit for the oil money to run out or Uefa to grow a pair and for quataris to drop them just like abramovich is doing with chelsea
                                                                                                            I would have thought you would be supporting a club owned by the fans tbh.

Like Barcelona for example. Owned by 150,000 of its fans. The German clubs seem to have things right too.

Comment

A club that spends €50M on full backs as cover to their €50M full backs versus a club that's done things right and has probably the best manager in all ways in charge.

Cmon Leicester.
                                                                                                              I suppose buying a £60million keeper and £75million centre half is doing things the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                I suppose buying a £60million keeper and £75million centre half is doing things the right way.
                                                                                                                Who did that?

Comment

Can't be anywhere near as bad as the winner picker United fan.

They are almost extinct at this stage thankfully. Last seen creeping out from under rocks 6 weeks ago after their latest hibernation to witness their saviour Ole, who famously beat Celtic of the glorified league of Ireland with Molde and then oversaw Cardiff have the odd 4 minute spell of good football on their way to relegation, bring back the good days of attack attack attack to Old Trafford. He's done us all a favour. Definitely put a few final nails in the coffins of beer bellied blue jeans and united Jersey clowns.

Can't thank him enough for that.
                                                                                                                  A lot of the loudmouth united winner picker fans converted to Leinster fans I reckon.

Comment

I would have thought you would be supporting a club owned by the fans tbh.

Like Barcelona for example. Owned by 150,000 of its fans. The German clubs seem to have things right too.
                                                                                                                    Not a Liverpool fan, completely lost interest in premiership for years when it turned into a procession for shady oligarchs playthings. At least theirs been a proper race this year.

Comment

A lot of the loudmouth united winner picker fans converted to Leinster fans I reckon.
                                                                                                                      They've tried down this way but they haven't commited. Once they get their head around when to shout ''that was forward'', "he came in from the side" and work out the offside rule and that backs are upfront and forwards sit back then it'll be complete. They'll start giving opinions and claiming the TMO is blind. Ugh.

Comment

Who did that?
                                                                                                                        What you want to do to be a proper club is sign a lad for £90 million who left you for 900K (and was considered a bit of a gobshite by your best ever manager) cause he gets mad hits on the instabook

Comment

Who did that?
                                                                                                                          Liverpool with Alison and VVD. Assume you were talking about them when you referred to city spending money versus a team doing things right

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X