Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
    I miss the old Sporting Emporium days where PSV would be on the end of a bad beat, and before you even get a chance to say 'unlucky', he would be out the door and in a taxi home before the river was even dealt! Good times (bad beat aside )
    At least he didn't kick a chair on the way out
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Thought about playing the IO this year for the first time in ages I could just about manage the time to play a few days in a row, but couldn't muster up enough enthusiasm. Will probably call by and play a bit of cash and maybe one of the sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        Thought about playing the IO this year for the first time in ages I could just about manage the time to play a few days in a row, but couldn't muster up enough enthusiasm. Will probably call by and play a bit of cash and maybe one of the sides.
        Mini Irish open on Sunday 2pm. 2 day event wrapping up Monday. €250 entry, 30 min clock, 15k stack. I've played it the last 4 or 5 years, good tourney, good craic and a nice buzz around the place

Comment

Fucking hell.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
            Fucking hell.
            This is insane!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Sky bet did a special, 16/1 for Sterling and Son to have 2+ shots on target each

Don't imagine they thought they would be paying out after 23 minutes and 2 goals each

Comment

Jermaine Jenas saying "woz" instead of were constantly is embarrassingly unprofessional for a commentator. You'd think a basic requirement for someone in that job would to be able to speak your native tongue with a small bit of eloquence.
                  Profit before people.

Comment

'it might have touched his elbow...where does that come in to the whole silhouette of things ?'

WTF?

Comment

'it might have touched his elbow...where does that come in to the whole silhouette of things ?'

WTF?
                      Did he handle it on purpose?

Re silhouette: Was his hand/arm in an unnatural position?

No

No

Goal

Comment

Ah a var related technical term

great game very UL lucky spurs
                        Last edited by Strewelpeter; 17-04-19, 20:54.

Comment

Epic
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Unbelievable game, absolute roller coaster of emotions for both sets of fans.

Comment

Ah a var related technical term

great game very UL lucky spurs
                              Standard handball terms tbh but ya what var lad would have been looking at

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                Unbelievable game, absolute roller coaster of emotions for both sets of fans.
                                I couldn't watch injury time, I turned it off.

Comment

Bloody hell, need to lie down.

Comment

I'm watching the highlights on virgin media one again...some game
                                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Spurs are a likeable bunch. Can't begrudge their fans a bit of success given they usually flatter in such occasions.

The two semis look fairly evenly balanced, hard to call. CL always delivers
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Stupid game
                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                          Epic
                                          Sure woz

Comment

Seems like I picked a good night to kick off the painting of El Gaffo Nuevo.

WTF happened at Maine Rd, madness?
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                              Seems like I picked a good night to kick off the painting of El Gaffo Nuevo.

WTF happened at Maine Rd, madness?
                                              Nothing much, just a 7 goal thriller plus an injury time goal that would have won it for city disallowed after VAR reviewed it.

Comment

That was entertainment at its finest. The pace was relentless. Fantastic stuff by spurs

Comment

Nothing much, just a 7 goal thriller plus an injury time goal that would have won it for city disallowed after VAR reviewed it.
                                                  oooh and for good measure, the goal that ended up winning it went to VAR as well for a possible handball

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                    oooh and for good measure, the goal that ended up winning it went to VAR as well for a possible handball
                                                    Looked more like Laportes hand than anything. Don't think it hit Llorente's
                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Ah, grand so.

VAR actually seems to be working although the administration of it is tortuous.
                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Maybe touched his arm, then hip, then Llorentes hand

I liked Glenn Hoddles question, if the goal is disallowed, do you give a penalty for the push with both hands by Laporte?

That push would have caused the handball, so you would have to, but can they look at that with VAR as it is not what it was sent to VAR for

Comment

That was the most entertaining match in years.
                                                          City won drew and lost in the same match.

An Ajacks win would be magic in this year's CL .

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                            That was the most entertaining match in years.
                                                            City won drew and lost in the same match.
                                                            Slight bit of recency bias there.
                                                            Last year in this exact round we had Roma winning the second (home) leg 3-0 v Barca after being down and out losing the first leg 4-1. Then Juventus lost 3-0 at home to Real (Ronnie overhead kick) before levelling it up in the Bernebau. Then the late penalty, Bouffon red.

Champions league tends to deliver.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                              Last year in this exact round we had Roma winning the second (home) leg 3-0 v Barca after being down and out losing the first leg 4-1. Then Juventus lost 3-0 at home to Real (Ronnie overhead kick) before levelling it up in the Bernebau. Then the late penalty, Bouffon red.

Barca 6-1 PSG to go through 6-5 a couple seasons ago never gets any mention. Can't stand either club but what an absolutely ridiculous 2 legs of football.

Champions League really does spoil us.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

you are correct, just watched a match in the Brazilian cup 5 mins ago. best match ive seen in years.

Comment

I know we have some music aficionados on here and I'm not sure where this guy ranks but I can't wait to see him in Cork in June

Hozier performed a few songs for commuters at the Rockefeller Center subway stop on 3/6/19 (*Had to be filmed vertical for IGTV vertical platform)

Comment

Those posts are always great when I'm trying to figure out wtf you guys are excited about.

Also macbooks are fine Hitch if you're not actually doing computative work on them, they are a great piece of long lasting kit for an average user, and they look nice. It's a real case of what the end user is like as a person. But if you actually just care about "proper" work or are good with computers they are a laughable waste of money. Still, beautiful designs. If my mother wanted a laptop I'd give her one of those. Less likely things go wrong that you need to fix yourself, a well defined path to repair, standardization, etc. So much of it is hype though, it's funny that graphic designers still hold onto them, a vestige of times gone by when they were actually better for their work. Now it's a case of "well everybody else uses them and those people are the best in their field so I should use one too".

Your wife shouldn't have got one anyway! Probably the same as regular laptop that is a third of the price or less.
                                                                    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 18-04-19, 08:50.

Comment

Are extinction rebellion funded by the oil industry? From the little I’ve seen they are coming across as absolute twats.

Comment

I'm going to go along to the march in town tomorrow, piss you off and march for the environment, sounds wodnerful

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                          Those posts are always great when I'm trying to figure out wtf you guys are excited about.

Also macbooks are fine Hitch if you're not actually doing computative work on them, they are a great piece of long lasting kit for an average user, and they look nice. It's a real case of what the end user is like as a person. But if you actually just care about "proper" work or are good with computers they are a laughable waste of money. Still, beautiful designs. If my mother wanted a laptop I'd give her one of those. Less likely things go wrong that you need to fix yourself, a well defined path to repair, standardization, etc. So much of it is hype though, it's funny that graphic designers still hold onto them, a vestige of times gone by when they were actually better for their work. Now it's a case of "well everybody else uses them and those people are the best in their field so I should use one too".

Your wife shouldn't have got one anyway! Probably the same as regular laptop that is a third of the price or less.
                                                                          The standard practice in my place seems to be if you're doing computation you use a Dell Latitude and when you become a people manager you switch to a MacBook.

There's only one people manager in my segment that doesn't use a MacBook and he's doing that Data Analytics MSc in UCD.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                            I'm going to go along to the march in town tomorrow, piss you off and march for the environment, sounds wodnerful
                                                                            Seems like a lot of genuine types at it but media pushing the upper class twats who have latched onto it and some of the stupider stunts which is just going to make it easier for people to dismiss.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                              Seems like a lot of genuine types at it but media pushing the upper class twats who have latched onto it and some of the stupider stunts which is just going to make it easier for people to dismiss.

My favourite protest story

Kyoto protest beaten back by inflamed petrol traders

WHEN 35 Greenpeace protesters stormed the International Petroleum Exchange (IPE) yesterday they had planned the operation in great detail.

What they were not prepared for was the post-prandial aggression of oil traders who kicked and punched them back on to the pavement.

“We bit off more than we could chew. They were just Cockney barrow boy spivs. Total thugs,” one protester said, rubbing his bruised skull. “I’ve never seen anyone less amenable to listening to our point of view.”

Another said: “I took on a Texan Swat team at Esso last year and they were angels compared with this lot.” Behind him, on the balcony of the pub opposite the IPE, a bleary-eyed trader, pint in hand, yelled: “Sod off, Swampy.”

Greenpeace had hoped to paralyse oil trading at the exchange in the City near Tower Bridge on the day that the Kyoto Protocol came into force. “The Kyoto Protocol has modest aims to improve the climate and we need huge aims,” a spokesman said.

Protesters conceded that mounting the operation after lunch may not have been the best plan. “The violence was instant,” Jon Beresford, 39, an electrical engineer from Nottingham, said.

“They grabbed us and started kicking and punching. Then when we were on the floor they tried to push huge filing cabinets on top of us to crush us.” When a trader left the building shortly before 2pm, using a security swipe card, a protester dropped some coins on the floor and, as he bent down to pick them up, put his boot in the door to keep it open.

Two minutes later, three Greenpeace vans pulled up and another 30 protesters leapt out and were let in by the others.

They made their way to the trading floor, blowing whistles and sounding fog horns, encountering little resistance from security guards. Rape alarms were tied to helium balloons to float to the ceiling and create noise out of reach. The IPE conducts “open outcry” trading where deals are shouted across the pit. By making so much noise, the protesters hoped to paralyse trading.

But they were set upon by traders, most of whom were under the age of 25. “They were kicking and punching men and women indiscriminately,” a photographer said. “It was really ugly, but Greenpeace did not fight back.”

Mr Beresford said: “They followed the guys into the lobby and kept kicking and punching them there. They literally kicked them on to the pavement.”

Last night Greenpeace said two protesters were in hospital, one with a suspected broken jaw, the other with concussion.

A spokeswoman from IPE said the trading floor reopened at 3.10pm. “The floor was invaded by a small group of protesters,” she said. “Open outcry trading was suspended but electronic trading carried on.”

Eighteen police vans and six police cars surrounded the exchange and at least 27 protesters were arrested. A small band blocked the entrance to the building for the rest of the evening.

Richard Ward, IPE’s chief executive, said that the exchange would review security but denied that protesters had reached the trading floor. However, traders, protesters and press photographers confirmed to The Times that the trading floor had been breached.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                What's best for an Android phone?
                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Look forward to my almost annual poker tourney tommorow, any BBVers playing?

Comment

Is there any websites that you can offer Staking on?

Looked to do it on 2+2 but you have to pay a fair chunk to advertise staking.

If not, will prob throw a thread up here... Want to put someone into MTTs or something..Would love to be playing but don't have the time to.

--- The boom is truly back says you. .

Comment

Going on holiday soon, and am looking for recommendtions for a place in Dublin central where I can pick up a half decent tablet with good battery and storage for not crazy money. My old one battery is shit and keeps over heating..
                                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                        Is there any websites that you can offer Staking on?

Looked to do it on 2+2 but you have to pay a fair chunk to advertise staking.

If not, will prob throw a thread up here... Want to put someone into MTTs or something..Would love to be playing but don't have the time to.

--- The boom is truly back says you. .
                                                                                        Out of curiosity are you talking live or online. The Irish scene is pretty bad for larger buyin MTTs bar a window of Mar/Apr (finito) and then Sept and even at that you are only looking at a few events that step outside the now saturated €120 market which need a top 3 (from 500-1000) runners to make it worthwhile.

TLDR - buy a plane like Zuutroy

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                          My favourite protest story
                                                                                          that reads like something from the onion but not, it's from the times....
                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                            Out of curiosity are you talking live or online. The Irish scene is pretty bad for larger buyin MTTs bar a window of Mar/Apr (finito) and then Sept and even at that you are only looking at a few events that step outside the now saturated €120 market which need a top 3 (from 500-1000) runners to make it worthwhile.

TLDR - buy a plane like Zuutroy
                                                                                            Online bud

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                              Going on holiday soon, and am looking for recommendtions for a place in Dublin central where I can pick up a half decent tablet with good battery and storage for not crazy money. My old one battery is shit and keeps over heating..
                                                                                              online

Comment

Hard to imagine there is much value in staking generally let alone online.

The standard is incredibly high, variance is obviously high too.
                                                                                                Most stables will have a full time coach who has a piece too whether that is a favourable deal for themselves or a guaranteed wage.

I suspect staking people outside of anything but a punt is pretty difficult to do.
                                                                                                That said, if you got lucky with a really dedicated player there could be something. I suspect they'd need to be very high volume and you get a piece of rakeback.
                                                                                                Alternatively or combined with someone who could attract an audience via streaming that might generate some revenue.

Comment

Cause it's been awhile...and in preparation for the Mueller Report

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                    Cause it's been awhile...and in preparation for the Mueller Report

That’s a deep burn...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                        Look forward to my almost annual poker tourney tommorow, any BBVers playing?
                                                                                                        From watching a couple of hours of the live stream, i forgot how much value is in that game. Wish i was playing

Comment

Defo came off Llorente's arm

Comment

From watching a couple of hours of the live stream, i forgot how much value is in that game. Wish i was playing
                                                                                                            As i was saying...

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Comment

##On Mueller's opinion on Impeachment for Obstruction of Justice

There is a wealth of obstructive behavior described in this report, much of it previously unknown ([including ordering McGahn to direct Rosenstein to fire Mueller](https://twitter.com/neal_katyal/stat...07347726950405)), and too much to summarize here. So on the final reasoning for not making a determination on obstruction, Mueller's language comes [very close to a formal impeachment referral](https://twitter.com/emptywheel/statu...726420717568):

>"We concluded that **Congress has authority to prohibit a President's corrupt use of his authority** in order to protect the integrity of the administration of justice."

[And later, he is even more emphatic](https://twitter.com/emptywheel/statu...998345789442):

>The conclusion that Congress may apply the obstruction laws to the President's corrupt exercise of the powers of office **accords with our constitutional system of checks and balances and the principle that no person is above the law.**

And [to drive the point home](https://twitter.com/gelliottmorris/s...978797240321):

>“If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the president clearly did not commit obstruction of Justice **we would so state.**”

Barr concealed all of this in his Summary and press conference this morning. In direct contradiction to the reasoning in Barr's summary, [Mueller notes that](https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1118905745288957952) "The **injury to the integrity of the justice system is the same** regardless of whether a person committed an underlying wrong." [and that](https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1118906071156973569) "The President's efforts to influence the investigation were mostly unsuccessful, but that is largely because the **persons who surrounded the President declined to carry out orders** or accede to his requests."

---

##On GRU beginning its hacking operation at the apparent public direction of Donald J. Trump

Mueller directly states that [Trump himself appears to be catalyst](https://twitter.com/davidenrich/stat...544799023104):

>Candidate Trump made public statements that included the following: "Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing"...**Within approximately five hours of Trump's statement**, GRU officers targeted **for the first time** Clinton's personal office. After candidate Trump's remarks, Unit 26165 created and sent malicious links targeting 15 email accounts....The investigation did not find evidence of earlier GRU attempts to compromise accounts hosted on this domain. **It is unclear how the GRU was able to identify these email accounts**, which were not public.,

---

##On Manafort Sharing Internal Polling Data with Russia

Beginning page 136, in a section with significant redactions marked "Grand Jury" (the flavor most open to abuse by Barr), Manafort/Gates knew they were sharing internal campaign polling data with one of the most infamous Russian oligarchs (Oleg Deripaska) via former GRU Intelligence Officer (Kilimnik):

>Gates also reported that Manafort instructed him in April 2016 or early May 2016 to send Kilimnik Campaign internal polling data and other updates so that Kilimnik, in turn, could share it with Ukrainian oligarchs. **Gates understood that the information would also be shared with Deripaska, <redacted redacted redacted redacted>**.

And it was an ongoing, continual flow of campaign data to Russia:

>Gates stated that, in accordance with Manafort's instruction, **he periodically sent Kilimnik polling data via WhatsApp; Gates then deleted the communications on a daily basis.**

This is the most egregious redaction in this section, in a briefing about the internal polling data from Manafort to Gates:

>According to Gates, **it also included a discussion of "battleground" states**, which Manafort identified as Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Minnesota. Manafort did not refer explicitly to "battleground" states in his telling of the August 2 discussion. **<redacted redacted redacted redacted redacted redacted redacted redacted redacted redacted redacted redacted redacted redacted redacted redacted redacted redacted redacted redacted redacted redacted redacted redacted>**

On concealing interactions with Kilimnik at the time:

>After the meeting, Gates and Manafort both stated that they left separately from Kilimnik because they knew the media was tracking Manafort and wanted to avoid media reporting on his connections to Kilimnik.

All of the redactions are marked "Grand Jury", despite no indication from the context that they involve witnesses other than those already being discussed.

---

##In the context of Barr's Summary from March and Press Conference Today

Barr used the "no collusion" phrase in his presser today, having personally read and redacted this document describing extensive collusive behavior, and despite the fact that Mueller [explicitly states](https://twitter.com/sbg1/status/1118895869041041408) that "we applied the framework of conspiracy law not the concept of ‘collusion.’".

In perhaps the best illustration of Barr's bad faith in preparing his summary, [we can now see the full paragraph](https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1118917787605454848) from which Barr chose to quote *only* the final clause (in *italics*):

>The investigation also **identified numerous links** between the Russian government and the Trump Campaign. Although the investigation established that the Russian government perceived it would benefit from a Trump presidency and worked to secure that outcome, and that **the Campaign expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts**, *the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities*.

Not a word is, or could be defensibly redacted. There was no reason to only excerpt 25% of a sentence that was explicitly written by the Special Counsel to summarize his own conclusions.

---

##On Ongoing Investigations

Mueller interpreted his mandate very narrowly. He investigated only conspiracy to interfere with the election. While Trump Tower Moscow is discussed, there is virtually no other reference to investigation of possible Trump Org financial entanglements that could influence or explain his behavior, with Russia or anyone else.

Everything else was spun off to other parts DoJ, but the report does describe those investigations: **14 Criminal Referrals**, [all but two of them secret](https://twitter.com/BySteveReilly/st...17924822159360), and every single one of those redacted with the explanation that their revelation would represent "Harm to an Ongoing Matter".
                                                                                                              Very legal and very cool
                                                                                                              Absolutely no collusion

Comment

Yeah watched a bit myself, must say I'm kind of excited. Was looking for small swaps with a BBVr or two.

Comment

Hi all, any pub recommendations for a day session in Kilkenny? Racing on the TV a must.

Comment

Jacks, Queens, Kings and 9's had been on the board all day. He clearly felt a straight coming and both of his cards were live...

Comment

Jaysus.. I'll be tapping here on In. That's a fucking discrace

Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Just heading off from IO now....played yesterday and was only one at table to lose not once or twice but thrice to table retard while they all made hay....came up tonight on rip and busted sat so decided to have a druken cash spin...150 to 1300 in 45 mins was impressive considering the garbage i got but calling the drunker Nordie down with jack high for the lot was fun...jumped back into main with 20 mins left but some mad Scandi called me down with K7 for his life v my 66. Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                          Strewelpeter will enjoy this...

Didn't he resign last year? If he was still in his office 6 months later I'd have told him it was time to fuck off too.
                                                                                                                          (No idea if this view is accurate)

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X