Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whisperinthebreeze for the unseasonable Irish Grand National.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Easy winner of the bumper today on its first time on the racecourse The Getaway Star was well backed from 25/1 and went off at 13/2
      Declan Queally trains the horse but himself rode another horse in the race. All seems a bit odd

Edit: Ah yeah, I see what happened now! The winner was a 4Year old so it only carried 10-5 and Declan wouldn't be able to do that weight.
      Nice winner

The Getaway Star the only four-year-old in the field, absolutely demolished her rivals in the mares' bumper at Fairyhouse.
      Last edited by Strewelpeter; 23-04-19, 20:41.
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
        This is 5 years old or so but I watched it again last night and thought it was worth sharing.. It's a fantastic piece of TV on the anatomy of a racehorse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feAj2aspkIE
        grim enough viewing for a final table sidetrack

Comment

Neither of the previous posts were tips for double figure sureshots

Up your fucking game lads

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
            Neither of the previous posts were tips for double figure sureshots

Up your fucking game lads
            I'm backing Adrian Du Pont in the Bet365 tomorrow at 20/1

Comment

Alfred wagener 4.55 limerick
              Ew

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                I'm backing Adrian Du Pont in the Bet365 tomorrow at 20/1
                NR now

Comment

If i have 5 horses permed in 4 folds and one is a NR does it become a single 4 fold or revert to trebles??

Edit - nvm it goes to a single 4 fold accumulator which i thought.

Doesn't explain my payout to me, I'm confused...

€25 4 fold - all winners...
                  11/10
                  9/4
                  evs
                  11/10 (20p R4)

€361.30

I was expecting €600+???
                  Last edited by Dice75; 27-04-19, 15:44.

Comment

Sounds like you did €12.50 each way (by mistake maybe) instead of €25 win?? Maths would add up anyway I think.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                      Sounds like you did €12.50 each way (by mistake maybe) instead of €25 win?? Maths would add up anyway I think.
                      No it was 5 x €5 four folds which revert to a single €25 four fold with the NR.

Comment

Cheers for explaination...she referred it to trading.

Im sure ill get the same email.

Comment

Would definitely be chancing Lorelli Rock at 16/1 in the first at Navan tomorrow given the form of O Callaghan so far this season. 2yo form reads 1221 since the start of turf seasons a month ago, which is pretty ridic considering the powerhouse stables he's competing against in these.

Ethos seems to be similar to Ger Lyons in past years to get them peaking very early to take advantage of spring maidens (where most other trianers don't want to blow the head off their horses and ease them in) and get the quick sale for massive profit.
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                            Would definitely be chancing Lorelli Rock at 16/1 in the first at Navan tomorrow given the form of O Callaghan so far this season. 2yo form reads 1221 since the start of turf seasons a month ago, which is pretty ridic considering the powerhouse stables he's competing against in these.

Ethos seems to be similar to Ger Lyons in past years to get them peaking very early to take advantage of spring maidens (where most other trianers don't want to blow the head off their horses and ease them in) and get the quick sale for massive profit.
                            NR due to a passport irregularity.

Insert your own joke here.

Comment

no it doesn't. You've got 4 x Trebles each of which inc a Non Runner and then 1 x 4 fold ex Non Runner
                              Indeed. Amount paid out was correct return.

Comment

Just a heads up for anyone with a PP or W Hill account that may not be aware and might care. They now only go best odds guaranteed from 8am on the day of the race and no longer when the race is priced up.

Comment

Any word for Arthur's in the bumper today sp?

Comment

Told Rock the Baune ew in the 1st at punchardstown

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                      Any word for Arthur's in the bumper today sp?
                                      Well, they let No2 daughter ride work on it at the weekend so I wouldn't be going mad on it having said that I have stuck it in a small ew double with an outsider I like in another race.
                                      Daughter thinks she's a lovely mare and it would seem they were surprised by how well it won so its likely she has more improvement in her. It's a hot bumper and I know Peter Fahey thinks an awful lot of Gypsy Island and its going to take a proper performance to grab a place behind it and the Elliot, Mullins and De Bromhead runners who all look very capable.

In other news 6/1 about Bellshill is a super price.
                                      The risk is that there is some underlying reason for his performance that they haven't figured out and will to happen again today . Otherwise if he shows up and runs his race he should be fav ahead of the other two ... IMO

Comment

My god Calyx.

Shame he was pulled from Saturday. Could have done that and just jogged home for the closing two furlongs
                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Glad to see Ruby get out in the whole of his health on a great winner like that.

I've never been a huge fan but there is no doubt hes a great jock and he's had a great career, good luck to him in the future .

Comment

What a jockey. Done me a big favour there but I dont think Townend threw the kitchen sink at him!

Comment

Jamie Codd. Seriously.

Comment

Great day in punchardstown
                                                5 winners and have seen 2 serious animals in Kemboy and gypsy island 2 machines
                                                Great day out in the Longford Gaa tent

Comment

Today's and tomorrow's sweats hopefully....arsenal 2 Valencia 1 Frankfurt 1 Chelsea 1 Trump 17 Wilson 10 Higgins 17 Gilbert 12 lucky 15 and Arsenal 2 nil Chelsea 1 nil Trump 17-11 Higgins 17 -13 in a second lucky 15 Bring on the entertainment.

Comment

Racing would break your heart, one of our own at the heart of a substantial gamble that gets chinned by a pig of a horse that decides to break his maiden after a 31 run losing streak.

Peas and Carrots all over

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                      Racing would break your heart, one of our own at the heart of a substantial gamble that gets chinned by a pig of a horse that decides to break his maiden after a 31 run losing streak.

Peas and Carrots all over
                                                      Wouldnt have said chinned. Winner had upper hand all way up the finish to hold on tbf.

Comment

True it was more that the winner found something he'd been missing his whole career.

Comment

True it was more that the winner found something he'd been missing his whole career.

Michelle Smith cost me in the swimming

Comment

Was a bad omen forgetting the cheek pieces. That must have been an unwanted hold up.
                                                            Trainer whipped them on like a pro though. Doubt Michael Stoute would have the same touch. Id say the bra strap would be a doddle to that lad.
                                                            Commentator seemed blind to the presence of Jazz Hand for a while.

Comment

I think Patrick should retire on a loser there just to break the trend.

Comment

Up there today. Any tips?

Got 3k stolen by a hooker in Vegas at the weekend so need a bit of luck!

*my mate brought the hooker back I was asleep

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                  Up there today. Any tips?

Got 3k stolen by a hooker in Vegas at the weekend so need a bit of luck!

*my mate brought the hooker back I was asleep
                                                                  I think we are gonna need a sotry

<-------BBV is thataway
                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Stick €500 on Advertise tomorrow Eoghan and you'll be in profit for the week afterwards
                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Quoting from BBV
                                                                      Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                      Brother in laws nag goes in the 7.10 - if there's a bit of rain this afternoon that gets into the ground in any way might be worth a poke at 4s - Cash Back.

I was wondering does anyone know the story with Dunvegan who is very easy to back in that race today?
                                                                      I thought winning his maiden hurdle he looked like he'd make up into a 150ish hurdler but the wheels seem to have fallen off since.

Comment

The first race today is always one of the maddest races for throwing up stories and is a most sought after prize amongst its restricted entry of owners who are 'bona fide' farmers in the kildare area. I haven't an acre of land but I'm plotting to upset the hoi polloi by getting my hands on the cup some time before I check out... well, it or the LaTouche
                                                                        Anyway given the history of the race its hard to see past Peter Maher's pair but the 16/1 about Ross O'Sullivans Tipp Away looks a generous ew chance.

Maher is some character, he's training just up the road from me and I see the amount of time and effort he puts into the particular type of horse you need for those type of races that I assume can't be a profitable business, but his and the team's celebration at winning the La Touche yesterday was fantastic. But his day got a whole lot better when Chacon Pour Soi pissed in in the grade 1 novices. He is standing the stallion Policy Maker for 2K a go and I reckon he could double that and still have a bigger book next year than this.
                                                                        Last edited by Strewelpeter; 03-05-19, 11:51.

Comment

Mr R James (7) seems to have a sackful of good rides today. Especially for a man with one lifetime winner under Rules.

What's the story? Is he Mick O'Leary's love child?

Comment

Mr R James (7) seems to have a sackful of good rides today. Especially for a man with one lifetime winner under Rules.

He has a load of experience booting home a few hundred point to point winners, the question would be more why he hasn't been getting more rules rides up until now.

Comment

He has a load of experience booting home a few hundred point to point winners, the question would be more why he hasn't been getting more rules rides up until now.
                                                                              Second in a field full of top pros on his first ride anyway.

Your theory was right about the first, practical application slightly awry.

Comment

Definitely more than meets the eye there.
                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Probably trying to send him off with a winner under rules. Your nothing these days without signing off on a winner.

Comment

Does the draw have a major impact in the 2,000 today I wonder? Plenty of chat about a 'golden highway' against the stands rail when the trials were being run and it did seem substantiated by the races I saw.

Magna Grecia to get towed into it and Moore to be on the wrong one again.

Comment

Does the draw have a major impact in the 2,000 today I wonder? Plenty of chat about a 'golden highway' against the stands rail when the trials were being run and it did seem substantiated by the races I saw.

BOOM

Comment

Well read

Comment

Well read
                                                                                          Nice drift too for the cherry on top.

Comment

That was impressive

Comment

Makes you wonder how good that American Pharaoh thing that beat it last day is.

Congrats Gab. Silks look slick too.
                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Might stick a few bob on Murtagh's yoke in the big handicap with the high draw

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                  Might stick a few bob on Murtagh's yoke in the big handicap with the high draw
                                                                                                  Nice shout. Thought we were up with half a furlong to go until the winner found another gear. Nice each way return.

Comment

Just saw the Kentucky derby there. Maximum Security disqualified by the stewards for veering wide on the bend. Thought it was very harsh.
                                                                                                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

...This is brilliant...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                        ...This is brilliant...

FYP

Comment

Thanks lads. Such a thrill. Plenty of IPBers and poker heads involved in him as well.
                                                                                                          Is that one of the syndicate purchases a while back?

Comment

Shout for Billy Ray 5.30 Ascot and so near so far 8.30 Ripon

Comment

Irish racing seems to have a noticeably higher proportion of pre race delays and withdrawals than uk. Could do with getting a Gary Witheford type character to give courses to upskill the stalls handlers on calming techniques. Would be of benefit to everyone.
                                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Irish racing seems to have a noticeably higher proportion of pre race delays and withdrawals than uk. Could do with getting a Gary Witheford type character to give courses to upskill the stalls handlers on calming techniques. Would be of benefit to everyone.
                                                                                                                IMO stalls handlers would be bottom ofthe list of people to blame for such delays.

Comment

Take two. Got it done today
                                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

This is big news no?
                                                                                                                    Michael O’Leary, whose Gigginstown Stud racing operation has enjoyed immense success in National Hunt racing for nearly 20 years, shocked the industry on both sides of the Irish Sea on Tuesday when the announcement that he will withdraw his huge investment from racing over the course of the next five years.

O’Leary’s purple and white colours have become a familiar sight at all the major jumping festivals, at times to such a point that three or four horses in O’Leary’s silks have arrived at the final fence in a Grade One race with the outcome between them.
                                                                                                                    Michael O’Leary has shocked the racing world by announcing he will wind down his racing operation over the next five years
                                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                      Not for Willie Mullins.

Yeah, huge news. Only be second to JP in terms of magnitude.

Comment

Good time to start buying horses

Comment

Michael probably watched one of the blackrock racing syndicate videos and decided he wanted no part of the game anymore, understandable.
                                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X