This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you are advised not to go then I wouldn't

1500 is a decent amount for sure, but if you are staring down the barrel of a gun I'm sure you'd happily lose it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
      I have dived in 4 or 5 tropical places and id love to do Sharem El Sheikh.
      Its up to yourself butw as proberly government warning about ireland from the 60s to 90s.
      Id go to the resort spend my time swimming snorkelling diving etc.
      There has been some high profile terrorist attacks in egypt how many millions of tourists does it get?
      Strewlpewter regularly is not so so touristy parts of Afriaca and he survived gamb@@@@l.
      Sure government warning for America -
      • The hurricane season normally runs from June to November and can affect US coastal regions
      • There is a general threat from terrorism
      • You should be alert to the dangers of car and street crime.

It is a risk but we are 80% gonna gambool!

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

Philly McMahon isn't in that position because he's an accomplished defender. That's not his job. You can't criticize a player for not doing something he's not supposed to do. Yes he nominally lines out in defense but his job is to bomb forward at every opportunity and assist in the transition play. If you look at the positions he takes up when other teams are attacking he rarely engages in the designated tackle areas. Usually he's the supporting man cutting off the running angle. So when he does get into a pure defensive situation it's usually because the primary tackler has missed his tackle or didn't get into position quick enough. He's not a pure defender by any means but he's a very good player who does his job excellently.
        Exactly what Dublin need more attacking options. Perversely I think that Mcmahon/Macaffrey / Coopers surges forward have somewhat stolen Macauley's thunder. That used to be his trademark before they came on the scene but now ends up behind them in attack and nullifies his threat.

We are not going to agree , you think Dublins defense is rock solid , I dont. I would imagine you are in a minority that hold that view but I hope the minority are proved right. Time will tell.
        Last edited by horatio1; 06-07-15, 13:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
          Shawn Michaels is in enniscorthy. This is terrific news
          Some kind of born again thing for AliveChurch.ie
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

hoping jibzzzz hasn't bbv'ed himself in this spot :-/
            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Probably more stupid to go to Greece on holiday than Egypt imo

Comment

sure you could be run over by a bus on your way to the airport
                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Hmmm I'm seeing an unintentional trend in my last few holidays. All seem to been targeted by Islamic terrorists.

Turkey x 2
                  Boston
                  Bali

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                    Some kind of born again thing for AliveChurch.ie
                    Gonna hang around the hotel lobby for the week. He might hit me with Sweet Chin Music

Comment

Originally posted by welk_in View Post
                      That first one reminds me of Manny from Grim Fandango
                      it's the viper m8

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                      I think this is hilarious in Greece. So many buildings don't look finished but are obviously being used as houses and businesses, shopping markets etc, That's because they don't get assessed for tax until they're finished so, they add a floor that never gets finished and everybody does this, elevators going up to a fake floor and everything.

When a country has a 6.3 billion deficit per year but up to 30 billion in tax evasion it's mind boggling.
                      Did a bit of googling and most say they are unfinished because:

a: ran out of money
                      b: didn't have planning permission, forced to stop
                      c: greeks tend to build as they require/family expands/can afford

leavethegreeksalone#
                      Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                      Gonna hang around the hotel lobby for the week. He might hit me with Sweet Chin Music
                      how's life?

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                        Probably more stupid to go to Greece on holiday than Egypt imo
                        Brother and his missus going to Greece in August

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                          We are not going to agree , you think Dublins defense is rock solid , I dont. I would imagine you are in a minority that hold that view but I hope the minority are proved right. Time will tell.
                          Woah woah woah. I never said they were rock solid. I don't think they're anywhere near as weak as they were last year. My issue is with you describing the individual players as below average county players. They don't play in a defensive system that makes them look better than they are. Dublin defenders are given a much higher level of responsibility than most top county teams and as such their mistakes look worse because if Daly or Fitzsimmons or - most of all- O'Carroll makes an error then it looks awful because there isn't another three defenders swarming to that space to cover it. That has to do with a system choice of attack over defense but shouldn't reflect badly on the individual players being asked to operate within it.

On a pedantic level I don't see how you can say they are below average for county players. Take all the starting county players from the top 16 teams, hell even the top 8, and I would imagine individually the Dublin players stack up as above average bar 1 or 2 and that's limiting the sample to elite teams.

I think Dublin are as solid as they can be without giving up on their attacking approach. That's as much as they want really. Dublin will give up goal chances but they'll also have more themselves as a result. It's an active choice. FWIW I completely agree about MacAuley although I think he's being asked to do something a little different this year as a second strike runner rather than a first runner. Tends to be the third man rather than the first as he used to be. Probably less effective individually but more effective overall within the team.
                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

True Detective Ep3

SPOILER
                            I'm out. That episode was laughably bad. I was actually laughing at times as it veered into so bad it's good territory. The acting and dialogue in parts was like something from a straight to DVD movie. Such a massive disappointment.

Opr

Comment

Huge crash in the Tour De France. Spoilered for owies:

SPOILER
                              [VINE]enbUhAa6D5I[/VINE]
                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

So Tspiras gets reaffirmation from the electorate yesterday; has his Finance Minister fall on his sword willingly; and now today gets the three main opposition parties to sign a joint statement supporting him in negotiations. If the crazy Bastard pulls off a deal involving debt relief I'll hail him as a God.

To gamble with the referendum and come out the other side with such a unified national position is certainly impressive however.
                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Mr Robot is the most exciting new American show since True Detectives first season.
                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                    So Tspiras gets reaffirmation from the electorate yesterday; has his Finance Minister fall on his sword willingly; and now today gets the three main opposition parties to sign a joint statement supporting him in negotiations. If the crazy Bastard pulls off a deal involving debt relief I'll hail him as a God.

To gamble with the referendum and come out the other side with such a unified national position is certainly impressive however.
                                    Noonan and Kenny are petrified Greece will get debt relief after not even asking for some for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                      it's the viper m8

Did a bit of googling and most say they are unfinished because:

a: ran out of money
                                      b: didn't have planning permission, forced to stop
                                      c: greeks tend to build as they require/family expands/can afford

leavethegreeksalone#

how's life?
                                      I am going by word of the greeks themselves, they openly admit to not finishing building to avoid tax and have an aul laugh about it, tax evasion is aprt of their culture. There are whole islands of non-finished buildings on purpose You will not steal my hilarity.

Now what is for tea

Comment

It's like Greece winning the euros all over. Wp.

Comment

I'm so tired. What a weekend, everything went brilliantly. I was a bit mortified at what I thought was a joke by my father but it quickly became apparent it wasn't when he held the microphone up to his ear like a phone, but eventually after we stopped laughing at him we got it where it should be. He's 84 though so we'll let him off.

Obligatory pic below from a creepy graveyard. I'm not dressed as funkily as DP was, but I couldn't carry it off I'd say.

Comment

Great stuff, break the train driver thing to her after the honeymoon

congrats

Comment

Heard a good one on the radio yesterday about B&B owner in Killarney.

Reporter asks him how business is going.
                                              "Brilliant, we are full up every night. Was better last year though".
                                              Reported asks how it could possibly be better last year if they are full every night.
                                              His response was

SPOILER
                                              "Sure we were turning them away last year"

Comment

A top quality mug, if you are into that sort of thing.

Congrats Dom! You definitively could pull it off!

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                  I am going by word of the greeks themselves, they openly admit to not finishing building to avoid tax and have an aul laugh about it, tax evasion is aprt of their culture. There are whole islands of non-finished buildings on purpose You will not steal my hilarity.

Now what is for tea
                                                  Still waiting on an auld source mate, aside from a bit of hearsay. I hear you are a racist now.
                                                  I've had tea and toast so far, I shall keep you informed. What have you had today?

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                    Noonan and Kenny are petrified Greece will get debt relief after not even asking for some for us.
                                                    Undoubtedly. Zero sum game for FG. A Grexit and they can triumph their strategy (even if it wasn't "theirs"); an improved deal for Greece and SF will eat them alive between now and the election.

I think they might be alright...
                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Class pic Dom!

Comment

Dom, check the admin forum re kitchen spam pls.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                          Still waiting on an auld source mate, aside from a bit of hearsay. I hear you are a racist now.
                                                          I've had tea and toast so far, I shall keep you informed. What have you had today?
                                                          Hang around the feta cheese in tesco m8.
                                                          I had a protein smoothie for breakfast, butternut squash soup for lunch. Making fake BLT now. Don't keep me hanging.

I had white monkey tea yesterday. Just thought I'd point that out. Delicious things those white monkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                            sure you could be run over by a bus on your way to the airport
                                                            GFYAFB I can arrange that for ya.

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                            Dom, check the admin forum re kitchen spam pls.
                                                            Looks like Dom brought the kitchen with him in his pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                              Mr Robot is the most exciting new American show since True Detectives first season.
                                                              Cliffs on what it's about, looking for a new show.
                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

How does the Oneplus Two compare to the HTC One M9 anybody know?

I'm due an upgrade next month and was getting the M9 but I did a bit of snooping on the oneplus One and it looks pretty awesome.

I have a choice, I can take the M9 for free* or I can buy the Oneplus Two.

What's the best choice?

*employer pays bill.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                      Free vs paying for a marginally better phone which is probably only marginally better in ways you'll never use
                                                                      I don't mind forking out if it's a good deal better. It works out at about €3 a week over the lifetime of the phone, if it's worth that I'd prob get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                        Greeks say it means a new deal will be signed on Monday

Have to imagine now that the ECB pulls the emergency liquidity, Greek banks go to the wall, and gg Greece.

Greece one step closer to el busto
                                                                        The eurozone's central bankers have toughened the terms of its lifeline to the Greek banking system, raising the discounts — or haircuts — on the collateral Greek banks are swapping for their emergency funding.

The move, made by the European Central Bank's governing council on Monday, means Greek lenders will have to stump up more assets in exchange for the Bank of Greece's Emergency Liquidity Assistance, Claire Jones reports.

The ECB refused to disclose the size of the new haircuts, but all four of Greece's main banks are thought still to have enough collateral available to roll over their emergency loans. Two people on the governing council objected to the decision, according to Eurosystem sources. Both of the objectors wanted the ECB to take stronger measures.

The governing council left the ceiling on Emergency Liquidity Assistance from the Bank of Greece frozen at €89bn, but said in a statement that the financial situation of Greece "has an impact on Greek banks since the collateral they use in ELA relies to a significant extent on government-linked assets."

Greek banks were thought to be using government bonds and government-backed bank debt to access loans worth just below €50bn.

"In this context, the governing council decided today to adjust the haircuts on collateral accepted by the Bank of Greece for ELA," the ECB said in a statement.

Comment

...I've had Htc, HTC One m7 and now HTC One M9;... the battery is really not as good as the other two...I had 100% this morning, used it a bit but wouldn't say excessively and it's now 12%...it's 18 days old so not as though it's over used...

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post

Which outcome are you not rooting for at this stage? Look to be covering all bases!

Comment

Tennis is exciting.

Djok currently down 2 sets and Anderson playing class.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                                                                GFYAFB I can arrange that for ya.
                                                                                LOL. Sorry m8, I will pick a more culturally sensitive sudden death metaphor in future.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                  ...I've had Htc, HTC One m7 and now HTC One M9;... the battery is really not as good as the other two...I had 100% this morning, used it a bit but wouldn't say excessively and it's now 12%...it's 18 days old so not as though it's over used...
                                                                                  That doesn't sound right. Install a battery monitoring app like gsam and it will indicate if runaway app is draining it. (boards.ie app kills my phone if left running in the background)

Comment

Mendes now at 8/5 - wtf.

Comment

Originally posted by welk_in View Post
                                                                                      Mendes now at 8/5 - wtf.
                                                                                      Stay away from the LOL macgayor so bad talk and give me a proper run down on where you see this fight going m8.

Comment

What nonsense did I miss in the fitz 1-2 thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                          Tennis is exciting.

Djok currently down 2 sets and Anderson playing class.
                                                                                          He brings it back to 2-2 with the decider being played tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                            What nonsense did I miss in the fitz 1-2 thread?
                                                                                            Lottie asked if yer man had any food in the Fitz cause it is decent in there. Yer man didn't like that and called him a 50 year old troll. Lottie suggested eating something as he seemed moody. He didn't like that. I reminded him how ruling is actually spelled. He didn't like that. I suggested he eat a snickers as he he didn't seem himself when he was hungry. Tyler didn't like that.

It's important to eat m8s.

Comment

Done with True Detective. What a load of shit after two not so bad episodes.

Comment

...

Comment

2 / 10

Comment

Grandfather passed away yesterday.

First time I have felt that dread when I saw a phonecall from a family member at strange hours being far from home. I knew something was up the second I saw the name on my phone.

Lived one hell of a life, work, wealth, controversy, womanising, hefty tax settlements. Never short of a story, or a secret. Going to be an interesting few months now as all the storylines converge and everything unravels. Despite the relatively unsavoury aspects of his life, I will miss him dreadfully. A charmer and a joker he might have been but he was always up to mischief and never frowning and was utterly devoted to his grandchildren.

In other news, one of my good friends here was involved in a pretty serious ATV accident on the weekend - ATV flipped and her leg got caught under the still spinning wheel. Tore off pretty much everything on her calf side of lower leg, skin, muscle and tendon. Three surgeries and two skin grafts/flaps later she is on the mend. Lot of work ahead of her on the rehab front.

Home to Ireland now to drink my face off with a heartbroken mother and a grieving family. Good Bad times.
                                                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                      A foreman is working on a site that requires a mountain of dirt to be moved. He hires a Russian, an Italian, and a Chinaman to get the job done. He tells them they will be in charge of moving, leveling, and supplies respectively; and that he will be conducting business elsewhere for a while. They all nod in agreement and wander over to size up thr task at hand. Foreman comes back hours later and sees the Russian and Italian sitting by the untouched project and loses his shit. "Where the hell are your shovel and wheelbarrow?" He barks at the Russian. "I haff not got zem from ze Chinaman yet." The Russian replies. The foreman proceeds to turn to the Italian and shouts "Why don't you have your leveling equipment?!" He says "Eh itsa ze Chinaman, he a nevera came wif a tools" The foreman is furious and inquires "Well where is the goddamn Chinaman?!" Suddenly, the Chinaman pops out of the dirt pile and yells "SUPPLIES!"
                                                                                                      Scrubs did this awesomely.
                                                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

First time I have felt that dread when I saw a phonecall from a family member at strange hours being far from home. I knew something was up the second I saw the name on my phone.

Lived one hell of a life, work, wealth, controversy, womanising, hefty tax settlements. Never short of a story, or a secret. Going to be an interesting few months now as all the storylines converge and everything unravels. Despite the relatively unsavoury aspects of his life, I will miss him dreadfully. A charmer and a joker he might have been but he was always up to mischief and never frowning and was utterly devoted to his grandchildren.

In other news, one of my good friends here was involved in a pretty serious ATV accident on the weekend - ATV flipped and her leg got caught under the still spinning wheel. Tore off pretty much everything on her calf side of lower leg, skin, muscle and tendon. Three surgeries and two skin grafts/flaps later she is on the mend. Lot of work ahead of her on the rehab front.

Home to Ireland now to drink my face off with a heartbroken mother and a grieving family. Good Bad times.
                                                                                                        Condolences Steve. Obviously it's a very sad occasion, but it sounds like there will be some great stories in the reminiscing of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Condolances Steve i hope yoou can find some solace in the fact you knew him for all your 20something years.
                                                                                                          Never knew or met my grandfathers both were gone before i was born.
                                                                                                          Being the youngest of the family didnt help me.
                                                                                                          One served in France in 1917-1918 in the us army after ten years in the usa the other was one of the first new garda recruits.
                                                                                                          A few of my grandfathers war buddys were at his funeral and had a us flag draped on it
                                                                                                          alledgedly the grandmother was upset she didnt mind the usa pension he was getting though.
                                                                                                          Id wager he was one of the few men in rural Mayo who drank coffee in the 1920s.

Comment

Watching episode two of Mr Robot. I'm only about 5 minutes in but the opening scene around the table in the office is a thing of beauty. The music, the colours, the camera angles and the way it is all put together is wonderful, evoked thoughts of a Kubrick scene.

Opr

Comment

True Detective

SPOILER
                                                                                                              Yeah that was a pretty shit episode. Very shit in fact. Might give it one more but it's taken a few steps back after enjoying the first two. Hard to see it recovering.

In other news entourage movie was unbelievable
                                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

In other news entourage movie was unbelievable
                                                                                                                Is that in a good, or bad way? The vast majority of things I find unbelievable, are unbelievably bad.
                                                                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                                  Is that in a good, or bad way? The vast majority of things I find unbelievable, are unbelievably bad.
                                                                                                                  Good. Ridiculous cameos few laughs. Good send off to a class series
                                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                    Good. Ridiculous cameos few laughs. Good send off to a class series
                                                                                                                    This is a minority opinion.

Was a bad example of an episode.

Comment

The guy who made Senna has a new documentary out about Amy Winehouse. A very well made doc which is absorbing, moving and ultimately very sad film about her life and death.

Subscribe to TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/sxaw6hSubscribe to COMING SOON: http://bit.ly/H2vZUnSubscribe to INDIE TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/1F9OK9bLike us on FACEBOO...

Opr

Comment

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                          The guy who made Senna has a new documentary out about Amy Winehouse. A very well made doc which is absorbing, moving and ultimately very sad film about her life and death.

Subscribe to TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/sxaw6hSubscribe to COMING SOON: http://bit.ly/H2vZUnSubscribe to INDIE TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/1F9OK9bLike us on FACEBOO...

Opr
                                                                                                                          Been looking forward to it. Did you see it in cinema or have the cousins a good copy yet
                                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X