X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do we have a winner?

Regular Freezeout - €65 with €1000 Gtd.

Late Reg for 90 mins

Tournament starts 3 Handed with a few "on the way" & late reg for 90 mins.

1st hand sees a 3 way all in with one player taking all the chips.

TD is unaware of the all-in hand until its over.

Do we have a winner?

Yes. The TD hardly expects the guy to sit there andd wait for people who may or may not show! Big mistake on his part starting 3 handed with 1k guaranteed anyway. Lesson learned.

Comment

Its over.
      TD should get details of the three hands, and all betting.
      If it was a genuine all-in situation then I think the guarantee should be paid.
      If it was clearly collusion then I think the club has a reasonable moral case to tell the players to fck off re the guarantee.

Comment

I'd have thought that the tournament is only over when:
        1) registration is over
        AND
        2) one player has all the chips or a deal has been done

These 2 conditions must be met, otherwise what was to stop the original 3 just chopping from the outset.

Comment

what hands were shown down. I d be really concerned that the 3 just decided to chop it up.
          that would be very poor form. if real hands were shown down then it is a really unusual situation and it's tough luck the TD. pay the guys out. trny over. bizarre and most likely a fast one pulled by the 3 guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
            I'd have thought that the tournament is only over when:
            1) registration is over
            AND
            2) one player has all the chips or a deal has been done

These 2 conditions must be met, otherwise what was to stop the original 3 just chopping from the outset.
            Has to be this, how can a tournie be over before Registration has ended?

Comment

How do you proceed if it's not over?
              Surely there's some sort of precedent for this. Obv angleshoot from the lads though.
              Last edited by The Situation; 17-01-15, 18:12.
              Profit before people.

Comment

Can't say i agree with most of the comments above.

If 1 player has all the chips in the tournament, and he's the only payer seated, he has to be declared the winner. He can't be expected to sit around for the next 85 minutes waiting on players to come in and take him on. The TD should have had an army of players ready to jump in if the guarantee wasn't met, or he could have even said that x amount of players had already paid. It's also a disadvantage of not putting stacks on the table for players coming in.

It seems like clear angle shooting, but i can't see how the guarantee should not be paid out if the tournament started with 3 players, offered a guarantee and their was no stipulation. If it's in a regular club with regular players, the TD could feel rightly aggrieved that this stunt was pulled, but i don't see why 99% of players wouldn't take advantage of this if the opportunity was there.

If you were playing online (ipoker/microgaming that i'm sure of), when the money is reached, no more players can register even if late reg is still open.

It's a shit situation for the TD and it won't do the club any favours in the future, but it's a plus EV move for the vast majority of players.

Comment

Online is different though.

Tournament isn't over til registration is over. Simple as that imo.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                    Online is different though.

Tournament isn't over til registration is over. Simple as that imo.
                    How is online different though?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Late Reg for 90 mins

Do we have a winner?
                      Reg is open for 90 mins, players who have registered and playing are aware. If one guy has won all the chips before reg has finished he has to wait until the reg period ends.

What if only one guy turns up for a period of time? You don't declare him the winner, you wait until the reg period is over.
                      I know you can argue that the game may have started (which you can't with one player) but I honestly don't see how that makes a difference.
                      If you only have one player after an hour and he has the starting stack or he has 2 or 3 starting stacks so be it. He hasn't won the game until the reg period is over.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                        Reg is open for 90 mins, players who have registered and playing are aware. If one guy has won all the chips before reg has finished he has to wait until the reg period ends.

What if only one guy turns up for a period of time? You don't declare him the winner, you wait until the reg period is over.
                        I know you can argue that the game may have started (which you can't with one player) but I honestly don't see how that makes a difference.
                        If you only have one player after an hour and he has the starting stack or he has 2 or 3 starting stacks so be it. He hasn't won the game until the reg period is over.
                        i played a sattellite on boyles before with 1 hour registration, there was 2 tickets and we started with 3 players. Lost 1 player in first hand and it was over with 2 ticket given out, i know it slitghtly different being a sattellite but still a similiar spot
                        The smarter you play the luckier you'll be
                        MTT Calender 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Late Reg for 90 mins

Do we have a winner?
                          What were the hands? If ye decided to just go all in blind ye deserve nothing.

Comment

Working...
                          X