Showing hand to claim pot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showing hand to claim pot?

I'm a bit confused about this rule. If Player A bets and Player B folds mucks, surely A doesnt have to show his hand to win the pot or does he? Apologies if this is a stupid question

Nope he doesn't, only has to show if he was called.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
      Nope he doesn't, only has to show if he was called.
      ya thats what i ruled, just checking. One more for you, player A bets, player B calls, player A obviously bluffing and mucks his hand, player B collects pot without showing his hand> is this allowed? One player suggested it could be used to chip dump etc?

Comment

Originally posted by rag2014 View Post
        ya thats what i ruled, just checking. One more for you, player A bets, player B calls, player A obviously bluffing and mucks his hand, player B collects pot without showing his hand> is this allowed? One player suggested it could be used to chip dump etc?
        Depends on the rule set being used. I've seen both. Just be consistent.
        If players suspect chip dumping between players, the TD should be notified and the TD should check the cards of players suspected of collusion.

imo, if a player decides to give up their claim to the pot without showing their hand, why should they get free info from seeing your hand when you were the one who called to see theirs.

Comment

If Player A bets and gets called does player A have to show his hand or can he muck?

Comment

Originally posted by Warper View Post
            If Player A bets and gets called does player A have to show his hand or can he muck?
            He can muck but he concedes the pot.

Comment

This rule does vary from place to place.

Some places if your opponent mucks, you can claim without showing.

Some places if your opponent mucks, you still have to show.

If you're called on the river, usually mucking is allowed. It'd be rare they'd insist you turn your hand up, mucking/folding and conceding the pot is almost always accepted. Technically speaking, if you're called, you should show your hand though.
              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

While we're on the subject of showing down hands, mucking etc. If the turn goes BB bets, CO calls and river goes Check Check. Who shows first at showdown?

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                  While we're on the subject of showing down hands, mucking etc. If the turn goes BB bets, CO calls and river goes Check Check. Who shows first at showdown?
                  The BB does. Standard rule these days that if the river gets checked through, left of the button should show first. Even in the days when it would go to the last aggressor, that would still be the BB in this case anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by JamieCarra View Post
                    The BB does. Standard rule these days that if the river gets checked through, left of the button should show first. Even in the days when it would go to the last aggressor, that would still be the BB in this case anyway.
                    Thanks. You answered my question even though I got the betting mixed up. Ty. Last agressor was what I was asking about.

Comment

At the WSOP you must show your hand to claim the pot in this situation.

Nearly all other tours always players to muck in this situation.

Regarding the showdown order, TDA used to use last aggressive player in the hand now they use the last aggressive player on the river and if there was no aggressive action on the river it's left of the button.

I'm not a fan of the new rule and believe the old rule is better for the players.

I don't use the new TDA rule, it's one of two TDA rules I don't use at my events.
                      €10,000 GTD New Monthly Tournament
                      Village Green Card Club, Last Thursday of the Month, €270 Freezeout
                      €1,000,000 GTD - Irish Open
                      CityWest Hotel, 6th-13th April

Comment

I think its ridiculous to have to show your hand once the other guy mucks. You are the last man standing with a live hand, so you win the pot. What you have is irrelevant.

Comment

Working...
                        X