This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad beat/Moan/Venting Thread - BBV Archive 2

OK, I don't know if this will improve performance or not, but we'll give it a try.

Old BBV is here.

I'm still trying to get to the crux of the matter, so this may be merged back in with the old thread at some point. In the meantime, it's business as usual.

Go Hali GO!

Comment

Ship 3rd post!

FU KP

Comment

Interesting move Dom, fingers crossed it pays off you should probably put your opening post as the last post in the old thread as well.

Start off the new thread...

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Comment

It didn't work...but this can never be lost:

nsfw

SPOILER
            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Site insta crashed obv when you closed the BBV

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                Site insta crashed obv when you closed the BBV
                Yup, the gods have spoken.

Well done on the score last night Richie btw. Great stuff.
                We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

You posted the wrong clip

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

So Satnav in the well. Please!
                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Ya, this is probably not going to make a difference, as evidenced by the interruption 5 minutes after I did this.

I know what is causing is, but not what is causing the thing that is causing it, if you get my meaning. For some reason occasionally we get a spike of concurrent processes that won't die, and we are only allowed 25 concurrent ones at a time, otherwise we get that error we keep seeing. I don't know what is causing the processes not to die like they normally do though. I've been assured it isn't a server issue causing it, but I'm not convinced that it isn't something there anyhow. I'm trying to find out on vbulletin support forums, but help so far has been underwhelming.

I'm investigating moving host anyhow as part of this thing anyhow. This is probably more frustrating for us (and me in particular) than it is for everyone else, but that is little consolation I fear.

Comment

Repost from old bbv, any help much appreciated:

I'm sure it would be very easy to access this information via google but bbv is my first port of call in these situations..As part of one of the jobs mentioned earlier this evening I would essentially be self employed/free lancing and responsible for any tax contributions that may be necessary. As it would be part time (5/6 hours per month) I'm wondering what is the threshold above which self employed people have to begin paying tax on their earnings?
                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

This was gonna be my opening post should of gone with it

Hooray for strippers/pole dancers

Comment

Dom, maybe move the last day's or 100 posts or som across to this for continuity?

Edit - Site crashed as i was posting this, and crashed for a long time lol!

Comment

Meh, people will generate new posts. Time for bed. Trying to move 100 posts from a thread that big might cause more harm than good.

Comment

Let people repost anything that they feel is important enough to be brought over imo...

No worries 5star..we know you wouldn't be letting the site crash as often and for as long if it was in any way avoidable.
                                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Actually I meant to suggest this a while ago.
                                  I remeber a thread of board being closed at 150k posts as it was causing database issue.

It's a bit of a shame that it ended on such a random number

Comment

Hmm, story for the new BBV
                                    Was at a engagement party last weekend with the GF. Her old house mate is gettign hitched. Their other old house mate was also invited.
                                    She kept disappearing to the bathroom for a while, and was kinda obvious she was coked off her head. I joked about with with the GF and her friend and their reply was, "that's nothing you should ask her what she does for a living"
                                    Sensing the trap I didn't, but they later told me that she's a prostitute. They rumbled her when she left her work website open on the laptop, she claims to work at the bar in a gentlemens club. I've seen the menu, this place is a fully equipped brottle.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                      Was at a engagement party last weekend with the GF. Her old house mate is gettign hitched. Their other old house mate was also invited.
                                      She kept disappearing to the bathroom for a while, and was kinda obvious she was coked off her head. I joked about with with the GF and her friend and their reply was, "that's nothing you should ask her what she does for a living"
                                      Sensing the trap I didn't, but they later told me that she's a prostitute. They rumbled her when she left her work website open on the laptop, she claims to work at the bar in a gentlemens club. I've seen the menu, this place is a fully equipped brottle.
                                      Link obv

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                        Interesting move Dom
                                        Have to ask, how interesting is it?

Comment

That's an interesting question to ask CHD.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                            That's an interesting question to ask CHD.
                                            I'm very interested in his reply

Comment

This thread made me sad.

Hello there There's a TV advertisement running at the moment that has got a lot of attention, including a thread in the Nutrition & Diet forum.

Comment

Prostitution is legal in Australia. I wouldn't go so far as to say it was socially acceptable, but it's mostly no big deal. They wiped out a huge amount of organised crime in Sydney overnight when they did that. Actually it's legal in Ireland too. It's illegal to operate a brothel, but there's no law against paying for sex or being paid for sex in Ireland.

Can we get :eng101: added? It's a very useful smiley for pedantic nerds like me.
                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                  Prostitution is legal in Australia. I wouldn't go so far as to say it was socially acceptable, but it's mostly no big deal. They wiped out a huge amount of organised crime in Sydney overnight when they did that. Actually it's legal in Ireland too. It's illegal to operate a brothel, but there's no law against paying for sex or being paid for sex in Ireland.
                                                  Obviously i'm aware it's legal. It doesn't take long to notice that they are everywhere. Seriously everywhere
                                                  I'd consider some random Aussie chick working as a hooker no big deal.

An irish girl over here on a working holiday visa working in a brothel is a bit different. Maybe I wasn't clear that this girl is from ireland.

edit:i'll try get pics/website
                                                  Last edited by Mellor; 23-06-11, 07:23.

Comment

There was some story on AfterHours earlier in the week about the amount of Irish girls in Oz doing a bit of the old prostitution to get by. Apparently its all the rage these days.

Was having a conversation with a ozzie nurse recently who was working in an STD clinic in Sydney.

Comment

Obviously i'm aware it's legal. It doesn't take long to notice that they are everywhere. Seriously everywhere
                                                      I'd consider some random Aussie chick working as a hooker no big deal.

An irish girl over here on a working holiday visa working in a brothel is a bit different. Maybe I wasn't clear that this girl is from ireland.

edit:i'll try get pics/website
                                                      Yeah that wasn't clear from your post. What a scandal! Rest assured, Joe Duffy will hear about this.
                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                        Repost from old bbv, any help much appreciated:
                                                        Judging by how the revenue works I suspect you have to declare everything then pay tax on anything over the appropriate thresholds. The info should be on www.revenue.ie somewhere.

It's important to remember to take care of PPS contributions too, or at least look in to what the mechanism is for them.
                                                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Comment

Hi.

Comment

Either everyone has suddenly become way more productive at work or the forum problems are having a big effect on posting volumes. Seems awfully quiet in here last week or so, its killing me because we are dead in work right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                There was some story on AfterHours earlier in the week about the amount of Irish girls in Oz doing a bit of the old prostitution to get by. Apparently its all the rage these days.
                                                                dammit no-one ever asked me to become a gigolo when I was in Oz

maybe this is why Theresa is always 'in the gym'?
                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                  Either everyone has suddenly become way more productive at work or the forum problems are having a big effect on posting volumes. Seems awfully quiet in here last week or so, its killing me because we are dead in work right now.
                                                                  Its me, i dont post much anymore....................... sorry about that, i will try to post more
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Hi. I've got loads of work to do but can't be arsed. It's all mindless grindy stuff that I suck at. But I'll be in trouble if it's not all done by the end of the week. I've outsourced as much of it as I can to my underlings, but there's only so much I can ask them to do on top of their own work while I surf the net. Stupid work.

Comment

I'm here ready for chat, quite happy to waste the taxpayers money and not even pretend otherwise, like most of my peers do!

Comment

When a game of Werewolf is on the go the BBV always quietens down a bit, will be busy again once it is over I bet.

Comment

Terrible Joe, I mean, I don't now if it's true but it's terrible all the same
                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I'm up to my proverbial tits at the moment
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

#39
                                                                              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                Terrible Joe, I mean, I don't now if it's true but it's terrible all the same
                                                                                I don't think its possible to get a full sentence out on air without Joe butting in somewhere.

Terrible Joe, I mean

Joe : Ya ya, terrible

I don't now if its true

Joe: Ya ya, hard to know if its true

But its terrible

Joe: Ya ya, terrible.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  terribles not strong enough a word to describe it, Joe. Aw jeasus isn't it terrible.

yah yah terrible.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                    I don't think its possible to get a full sentence out on air without Joe butting in somewhere.

Terrible Joe, I mean

Joe : Ya ya, terrible

I don't now if its true

Joe: Ya ya, hard to know if its true

But its terrible

Joe: Ya ya, terrible.
                                                                                    Joe is the main reason I dread ceasing full-time employment

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                      why, are you married to him?

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Rachel from Countdown will more than make up for it.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          You don't HAVE to listen

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Have this dvd at home, 3 Joe Duffys (Apre match) there was a woman on from Clontarf.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                              You don't HAVE to listen
                                                                                              it's insidious

before a fortnight would be out, I'd be lounging around in my dressing gown, listening to Joe, drinking cups of gold blend and worrying about botox

Comment

#48
                                                                                                who?
                                                                                                what happened to lovely Carol? I presume the delightful Richard is still making marginally risque puns?

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  it's insidious

before a fortnight would be out, I'd be lounging around in my dressing gown, listening to Joe, drinking cups of gold blend and worrying about botox
                                                                                                  I think it would be funny to watch the slide in your posting style and waiting until you hit rock bottom and actually ring in with a rant about how we are bailing out the banks but where my bail out Joe, wheres my bail out.

Also nothing wrong with gold blend

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post

GTFO!

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      I think it would be funny to watch the slide in your posting style and waiting until you hit rock bottom and actually ring in with a rant about how we are bailing out the banks but where my bail out Joe, wheres my bail out.

GTFO you heathen!

Comment

#52

I'd probably become a taxi driver out of sheer desperation, it would also lend a certain authenticity to my late night rants on the Adrian Kennedy show. Good cover for degen activity also. hmmmm

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          no offence Hurricane

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Greatest cake ever?

SPOILER

It's totally safe for work, I'm just building suspense...

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Really a taxi driver. Now that I know that its legal to be a pimp and there are loads of Irish girls on the way back from oz who have the skillset required I would be straight into a cane shop to get the look right and into the business.

Apparently you cant run a brothel so street walkers is what I will have to go with. Keep the start up costs down if I dont need to pay rents so its all good. Could go on the apprentice next year and get sugar to put the cash up to get my stable going and pay for said pimp cane.

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                Greatest cake ever?

SPOILER

It's totally safe for work, I'm just building suspense...

It falls into the looks good tastes like shit category
                                                                                                                48

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  The correct schedule is this:
                                                                                                                  1:45 Joe for 15 minutes so you can LOL Irish People
                                                                                                                  2:00 John Kelly on Lyric FM for the best daily radio show anywhere in the world. Turn it up loud.
                                                                                                                  3:10 Turn on Channel 4 with the sound down. You get to ogle Rachel while doing the word games without having to listen to Jeff and the dire z list celebs.

If you are very unlucky you will forget to turn off the TV at 4 and accidentally see some of deal or no deal... this must be avoided at all costs.
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Strewelpeter; 23-06-11, 10:35.
                                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Really a taxi driver. Now that I know that its legal to be a pimp and there are loads of Irish girls on the way back from oz who have the skillset required I would be straight into a cane shop to get the look right and into the business.
                                                                                                                    food for thought

might get Kayroo to give us a binding legal opinion on this before we jump in headfirst

also; we need muscle (clearly men of our sophisticated demeanour can't be smacking up bitches)

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                      The correct schedule is this:
                                                                                                                      1:45 Joe for 15 minutes so you can LOL Irish People
                                                                                                                      2:00 John Kelly on Lyric FM for the best daily radio show on radio anywhere in the world. Turn it up loud.
                                                                                                                      3:10 Turn on Channel 4 with the sound down. You get to ogle Rachel while doing the word games without having to listen to Jeff and the dire z list celebs.

If you are very unlucky you will forget to turn off the TV at 4 and accidentally see some of deal or no deal... this must be avoided at all costs.
                                                                                                                      I see you have your retirement all planned out. Next year, is it?

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        food for thought

might get Kayroo to give us a binding legal opinion on this before we jump in headfirst

also; we need muscle (clearly men of our sophisticated demeanour can't be smacking up bitches)
                                                                                                                        I think I would like to go more down the stockholm syndrome route where the bitches love there pimp. Failing that I guess the give them a smack and hook them on smack route is an option.That leads to damaged stock and lower prices on the street tho.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X