Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poker Charter Review Oct 2016

Poker Charter review 2016…

Wow, just realised it’s almost 2 years since I finished my first “Poker Charter”.
    When I started the charter I was a little fed up with the way my poker had descended into complete “gamble fest” and wasting my time , energy and money!! While %”#@ing off more than a few players in the process, anyway my thoughts were “What have I got to lose?” if I turn it around the “Charity” gets some money and I get to keep playing poker etc. etc.

The charter really helped me focus and try harder when playing poker the results spoke for themselves, I had the best run of results playing poker ever..

I did find it restricting, because part of the charter was to keep a record of every tournament and log the results “To keep it official”, easy to do when you arrive home at 9/10pm after busting out early harder when it’s 2/3am with the same result, some nights it was stick a post it on the charity’s share and elastic band it until the next day!!

It was a huge honour to gain some extra cash for “The Capuchin Day Centre” and to my mind these people are “Legends” what they do for homeless people in Dublin on a daily basis is FANTASTIC!!!

People often ask was it difficult passing over the winnings once my results started to turn around, the answer is simply “No” because in my mind once the charter was in play 1/3 of whatever was handed to me after the tournaments belonged to the charity no working out what it had cost to play or anything else…

It was hard to keep focused for the length of time I allocated to the charter, in retrospect I should have reduced it to prevent me from losing focus on the charter, I decided to keep a copy of the charter in my wallet for the times I started to “wander”

So if your reading this your probably asking “why now, why do a review of the charter?”
    Simply put when I started the charter first is was running bad and it helped me focus!!
    Now I’m running pretty good and I have qualified for both league finals in the Fitz this weekend.. With that in mind I am restarting “Officially” the Charter for the next month starting now.. After that I will revise it…

Thanks….

I think I remember the original thread. Any stats on what you won/contributed out of curiosity? Did you still make a profit after giving away a 3rd of incomings regardless of outgoings? If you did fair play, and as you say, all for a great cause.

Comment

Thanks...

Final count was €2,385.00 (officially) was passed over to the charity, unofficially it was a bit more as I found some more receipts after, don't have a clue what I spent on tourneys over the course of the charter!! but 66% would be €4770 and €2,385.00 of this was my bankroll for playing tourneys I don't remember having to top it up much....

Anyway back to the present moment, Just back from finishing 9th in the Fitz for €70 and snagging the €440 ticket for blind Omaha, while I don't mind gambling with my own money !! I'm not prepared to gamble the charity's money so converting the ticket to cash brings it up to €510 so €170 will be passed over to “The Capuchin Day Centre” as per charter...

Comment

Comment

Well done Myles - great cause. GL at the tables.

Comment

Update

One tournament league(Fitz) down and no cash , just before the dinner break I get it all in with pocket A’s and get busted by pocket 4’s on a K,rag,4 flop with running rags (Ce Sara Sara) as they say in the Eurovision "nul points" or in this case "nul cash".

After scoffing my free chicken dinner (I know no such thing), I head around to the SE for €50 double chance and a chance to redeem myself!!!
            3am we do a 3 way chop for €310 (redemption), another €103.33 (pedantic) in the kitty for the charity; roll on next league……

Comment

No joy from Fitzwilliam this weekend... o from 2

Comment

Comment

4th in fitz last night for €230, another €80 for charity

Comment

Fair play this is really cool! Do you have a link to previous thread?

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                      Fair play this is really cool! Do you have a link to previous thread?
                      http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ad.php?t=19518

Comment

Comment

Chopped SE last night for €375 so another €125 for Capuchin Day Centre...

Comment

Chopped SE last night for €520 another €175 for Capuchin Day Centre..

Comment

Comment

SE last night 9th in League final €100 and €100 for 3rd place overall another €66 to "Capuchin Day Centre" ...

Comment

Won a ticket in Fitz EOM super satellite last night....

Comment

4th in Fitz last night €230 another €80 for charity, almost finished this months charter...
                                    last 3 nights , will going hell for leather .... hope to finish with a bang

Comment

Did you include the twenty euro bounty?

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                        Snared!!!! Sorry to say the €20 bounty went on €5 burger & €5 tip to waitress for getting it too me... other €10 is a blurrrrr ...

Sure ye gotta have a bit o craic bud.....

Mi Lo

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PokerCharter View Post
                                            4th in Fitz last night €230 another €80 for charity, almost finished this months charter...
                                            last 3 nights , will going hell for leather .... hope to finish with a bang
                                            More a fizzle than a Bang, zilch from last 3 days of this months charter.
                                            Total passed over to charity is €830....

Big Thanks to everyone who supported this....

Myles

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

Comment

Thanks

Thanks

For the support in getting theses toys sorted for children who would have missed out on Santa this year....

And big big thanks for the support for the homeless run on Christmas Eve....

Will keep you posted... on Behalf of the people you have given so generously to help.

Thanks

Myles

Comment

All these presents and more are on Santa’s sleigh for delivery tomorrow to some very special children,
                                                  children who without your generosity would not receive a present this Christmas. This year your generosity made sure that over 500 children get Santa.

My family and I will be doing the regularly Christmas eve run for the homeless, this is basically trawling around the city centre Christmas eve when most people are putting the finishing touches to Christmas these people are cold and hungry, thankfully there are lots more people donating their time and money to help these people.

Over the last while I have been doing my yearly repairs for donations and would like to thank you for you generous contributions, on top of which people have been hugely generous! any cash left from the run will be passed onto capuchin day centre.
                                                  100% of what you give goes to the homeless.

Lots and lots of people have helped this year and every other year we have done this , for your support i cannot thank you enough, its hard to ask people to do this because you never know peoples financial situation, so by way of a small token I made a donation on your behalf to capuchin day centre last week...

We wish you and your Families a Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year…

Myles and all the people you help...

Comment

Charity drive over for 2016.

This year as usual people were hugely generous over €2,000 was given out in cash and at least another €600 worth of toys passed on with your best wishes.

Xmas eve €1,000 given to people on the streets in doorways alleyways (wherever we could find them)

Xmas day €400 given

Stephens day €600 passed on and gratefully received by the Capuchin Day Centre.

Thanks for the support and a Happy New Year to everyone.

Myles

Comment

Working...
                                                    X