Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
    Skybet

Sterling 5+ shots on target & Lingard 3+ shots on target 250/1

...The poorhouse beckons if we continue this
    Cant find anything in the high odds so @ 80/1 - England over 1.5 goals 1st half, England over 4.5 corners 1st half, Red card in the match...

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
      Not really related to this, but one of the stats said at the German match yesterday was that Thomas Müller has scored 10 goals in the World Cup, but he's only had 14 shots on target. That's one amazing conversion rate if true!
      Said it on here before but science and the humanities lost out when muller became a footballer, it's all brain & reaction, he should be sitting in the corner of some lab solving the world like it's a rubix cube

He doesn't even kick a ball properly ffs

The ability of Lingard or Sterling to actually hit the target might be my biggest problem, not their conversation ratio

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
        Cant find anything in the high odds so @ 80/1 - England over 1.5 goals 1st half, England over 4.5 corners 1st half, Red card in the match...
        Seems to be gone, click on "show more" under the 80/1 bets

Comment

Seems to be gone, click on "show more" under the 80/1 bets
          Still there, on PP not Skybet though.

Comment

Still there, on PP not Skybet though.
            Backed the wrong CB FGS

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                Had a drink last night after graduation ceremony for first time since Austria about six weeks ago. Was thinking: well I'll just have one or two. Ended up in some ridic dungeon nightclub with some girl whipping me (around about the time I responded to OPRs post last night). Meh, good fun. Clearly still have a few live-game leaks. I'd say I've drank about six times in last year and each time has been a disaster. Although trying to hide the whip marks from the wife to avoid extra difficulties.
                Pretty serious stuff if they're leaving marks. Puts stripper glitter in the ha'penny place.
                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Hitch love the openness. I don't think I could ever do that.

Edit:I the complete openness part, not the whipping part. Could probably do the whipping, maybe.

Comment

Comment

...Reckon England may win this game against Panama...

Comment

...Ugh...If you could find these bets with the corners in the whole match not just 1st half, it would be a good one...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                            ...Ugh...If you could find these bets with the corners in the whole match not just 1st half, it would be a good one...
                            looks like a ..."What could've been" type post... to me...

Comment

Ronnie Whelan going on like topping this group matters all that much. They should rest all their stars against Belgium if they're any way smart, and so should Belgium.
                              Profit before people.

Comment

looks like a ..."What could've been" type post... to me...
                                ...Boom...I tip my hat to you for this!!!...

Comment

...Boom...I tip my hat to you for this!!!...
                                  Seeing as you seem to like the "what could have been" type posts, I will give you an aftertime to go with it (sorry Kev )

Backed Kane to score a hatrick at 16/1

Better to be lucky than good

Comment

Better late than never and all that, but IPB is now https secure,so update your bookmarks etc. although I'm not sure that is necessary, but it's done now anyway.

Comment

The Japanese aren't up to much at the back and all but even so, the power and directness of the Senegalese front line is impressive!

Comment

This is outrageously good.

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                          He's now experiencing the damage the drugs he's consumed over his life have done.
                                          Not often I'll say this: you might be right.
                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Poor auld Steph on RTE is dying with the sore throat, probably killing her nerves and all, hope rte/viewers are cool about it

Think she has potential as a decent pundit

Comment

Filling the pc quotient.

Comment

3-3 draw tonight would be mutually useful to Colombia and Poland.
                                                Would leave them both needing to win their last game but their goals scored would be high enough to guarantee a top 2 finish.

A win tonight doesn't really get them anything more, they would still likely need to win their last game. And a loss eliminates them.

Comment

Apres Match David Livingstone Butch Harmon Golf parody very good!

Comment

I cannot think of another channel where they have a panelist clearly suffering with their voice would not get in someone else or just go with 2 people

Comment

I cannot think of another channel where they have a panelist clearly suffering with their voice would not get in someone else or just go with 2 people
                                                      It's because she's a woman. Afraid of looking bad if they replace her last minute. For the first time since the world cup started i turned off the build up. Too painful to listen to.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                        Would leave them both needing to win their last game but their goals scored would be high enough to guarantee a top 2 finish.

A win tonight doesn't really get them anything more, they would still likely need to win their last game. And a loss eliminates them.
                                                        Youd never fit in in a local pub with all this concise information.

Comment

Worth a try......

Comment

Worth a try......

From the comments...

What's the point of that rule? Makes no sense

Comment

Haha, brilliant...

Comment

Well Colombia did their bit!

Comment

They can draw against Senegal and go through if Japan lose
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

...Wonder where Jack is, figured we'd have a decent amount of Turkish election talk...

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                      They can draw against Senegal and go through if Japan lose

I'll underline the use of the word 'likely' in the op and hope that fixes your confusion. I doubt Colombia will be pinning too many hopes on an eliminated side helping them, so will have to go for a win against Senegal.

My point was that the downside of losing tonight (elimination) was greater than the upside of winning (you'd still likely to need to win your last game regardless) so that tonight veered towards a draw, and the higher score draw the better for both. Meh, when I tip 100/1 shots a lot of them will be missing a foreleg, or in the case of Poland the ability to make 5 metre passes across their own backline.

Comment

...Wonder where Jack is, figured we'd have a decent amount of Turkish election talk...
                                                                        In turkey on holidays

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                          From the comments...

It's not really true, or at least it's not quite the reason the BantsFootball twitter account would have you believe.
                                                                          The rule is that the match can't restart whilst there is a player in the wrong half. Even if the 11th player left the pitch then the game shouldn't really restart anyway as the game can't continue with less than seven players on a side.
                                                                          What leaving the player on the pitch but in the wrong half achieves is that Spain can't restart the game the exact second all Portuguese players go back into their own half but aren't yet in proper kick off position/formation.

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                            In turkey on holidays
                                                                            #hometovote?
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                              Hitch love the openness. I don't think I could ever do that.

Edit:I the complete openness part, not the whipping part. Could probably do the whipping, maybe.
                                                                              The complete openness I hope though is something you can do around your close friends. Hide enough of yourself, enough of the time and you lose touch with who you are as a person. Playing a character of yourself which in essence is what you are doing if you hide yourself takes a huge toll. I see that in people around myself. Life is hard though so I am trying not to look at it from a place of judgement. I just know that things are far easier when you accept yourself, you talk openly, the people around you accept that person and you all understand each other better.

Edit - Just so I don't sound like some zen cunt with all the answers. The untangling of myself gave rise to realising what a massive cunt I had been as a person in the past at the certain times. The past is somewhere you should visit not wishing for a time-machine but somewhere you can grow and learn from your experiences.

Opr
                                                                              Last edited by Opr; 25-06-18, 00:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                The complete openness I hope though is something you can do around your close friends. Hide enough of yourself, enough of the time and you lose touch with who you are as a person. Playing a character of yourself which in essence is what you are doing if you hide yourself takes a huge toll.
                                                                                I think you are probably misunderstanding my comment. I wasn't talking about hiding your real self or playing a character. I was more referring to posting an incriminating level of detail.
                                                                                I'll gladly include drunken debauchery in a trip report. But there are always certain details I'd leave out. Even if there's a 1% chance a person who should see it will see it. That's infinitely more risky that 0%

Comment

I think you are probably misunderstanding my comment. I wasn't talking about hiding your real self or playing a character. I was more referring to posting an incriminating level of detail.
                                                                                  I'll gladly include drunken debauchery in a trip report. But there are always certain details I'd leave out. Even if there's a 1% chance a person who should see it will see it. That's infinitely more risky that 0%

Agree, being a massive cunt in secret is one of life's great joys.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                                    Agree, being a massive cunt in secret is one of life's great joys.
                                                                                    I'm a bollox most of the time tbh. I'm a nice bollox. But no reason not to be a careful bollox.

Comment

I'm a bollox most of the time tbh. I'm a nice bollox. But no reason not to be a cheerful bollox.
                                                                                      Fyp?
                                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Fair enough. I have met ghosts of Xmas past recently. The justifications they have told themselves and others around them to make this life thing work has destroyed them as people. Hitch has always been honest here. People here judge that because maybe they wish they could do the same. The practical element though you describe is another thing entirely and you are completely right.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                          From the comments...

The rule is actually that play can commence after a goal once all opposition players have left your half of the field. Normally that means by retreating to their own half before kick off but if they all leave the pitch it has the same effect.

Technically, although it's usually not enforced, once the team has kicked off any player entering the field of play without the referees permission would also get a yellow card.

EDIT: Armani beat me to it.
                                                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Job offer secured and I'm due to fill out forms pending background so on to my grown up question. What's the go to on pension contributions. I'm in the 15% bracket as I'm under 30 and employer will match 7%.

I might have a look at their funds myself and see what I like as I'm not sure the default will be the most efficient.
                                                                                            I think obviously go to the 7% or should I go beyond the match?
                                                                                            Last edited by Guest; 25-06-18, 09:03.

Comment

All-Ireland SFC third-round qualifier draw
                                                                                              Kildare v Mayo
                                                                                              Armagh v Clare
                                                                                              Leitrim v Monaghan
                                                                                              Cavan v Tyrone

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                Fyp?
                                                                                                I thought that telling Hitch that I love the openness was cheerful. Doing it wrong obviously

Comment

How come there isn't any water fountains in Dublin City? Did they all go with public toilets?
                                                                                                  For homeless especially they could use them over next week.
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Just a reminder that tickets for PF1s two Irish gigs are available this morning.

Comment

Just a reminder that tickets for PF1s two Irish gigs are available this morning.
                                                                                                      Got 4 , they'll be on done deal once it sells out.
                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Go on then, who's name have you shortened to pf1?

Comment

Go on then, who's name have you shortened to pf1?
                                                                                                          MC Pontiff and the Crazy Cards
                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                            MC Pontiff and the Crazy Cards
                                                                                                            Bet Lazare knew who he meant

I now declare myself the uber Agnostic/atheist/zero fucks given type person of the site

I declare: Go to mass if you like, big up Jebus if you want... if the 6.5 billion in abject poverty woke up tomorrow to the realization that this is it, we all fucked!

Comment

Increasingly it is tourism, not immigration, that Barcelonans see as a threat to their city’s identity, though numbers of both have skyrocketed in recent years

I haven't been to Barca in about 10 years
                                                                                                              SPOILER

Ramblas was fairly empty when I last dossed down it

Comment

I feel old...Pf1?
                                                                                                                Ha! If it's not JP2 back from the dead tour, I dont wanna know

In other news, DadParrot has had surgery cancelled twice in the last few days but we had been told that he would probably be seen to later this afternoon.
                                                                                                                We rang Pacu ward just now and he's in surgery in 30 mins....
                                                                                                                I'm not sure whether to be happy or annoyed at the news.
                                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                  I feel old...Pf1?
                                                                                                                  Ha! If it's not JP2 back from the dead tour, I dont wanna know

In other news, DadParrot has had surgery cancelled twice in the last few days but we had been told that he would probably be seen to later this afternoon.
                                                                                                                  We rang Pacu ward just now and he's in surgery in 30 mins....
                                                                                                                  I'm not sure whether to be happy or annoyed at the news.
                                                                                                                  Go with happy and a little wtf dig, make dealing with it easier

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                                                    Job offer secured and I'm due to fill out forms pending background so on to my grown up question. What's the go to on pension contributions. I'm in the 15% bracket as I'm under 30 and employer will match 7%.

I might have a look at their funds myself and see what I like as I'm not sure the default will be the most efficient.
                                                                                                                    I think obviously go to the 7% or should I go beyond the match?
                                                                                                                    As a certain well-known poster would ask:
                                                                                                                    1. when do you want to retire?
                                                                                                                    2. when are you planning to die?

If the answer to (1) is 'before the age of 70', then put in the max.
                                                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

OPRs existential crises is interesting. OPR what do you think of Jim Carey’s current grasp of reality. Do you still support Liverpool the same way?

Why don’t you do a well as you seem to have lived a very sheltered life

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                                        OPRs existential crises is interesting. OPR what do you think of Jim Carey’s current grasp of reality. Do you still support Liverpool the same way?

Why don’t you do a well as you seem to have lived a very sheltered life
                                                                                                                        Giving yourself to strangers is something that helps them and not you. I am quite willing to do that around people I trust and care about greatly but the other is a different ball game. It is interesting that you judge so quickly. Someone who hasn't lived a day in my head, seen the world through my eyes, lived my experiences and you think you know me from a couple of posts on the internet. It comes back to the same problems. As humans we draw straight lines because they are easy. Understanding is a much harder thing and I am not even sure anyone can truly ever understand another person.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                          Giving yourself to strangers is something that helps them and not you. I am quite willing to do that around people I trust and care about greatly but the other is a different ball game. It is interesting that you judge so quickly. Someone who hasn't lived a day in my head, seen the world through my eyes, lived my experiences and you think you know me from a couple of posts on the internet. It comes back to the same problems. As humans we draw straight lines because they are easy. Understanding is a much harder thing and I am not even sure anyone can truly ever understand another person.

Opr
                                                                                                                          You have to give me more to go on here . I'm deffo not in the judgement game . I need a dopamine fix tis all. Stick someone else down the well instead folks.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X