Cheltenham 2020 Tipping Competition - The Sixth Sense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheltenham 2020 Tipping Competition - The Sixth Sense

We're back for the sixth installment of this popular franchise.

The Roll of Honour reads as follows:

2019 - rounders123 owned this from pillar to post, nabbing €1,600
    2018 - The Situation achieved a rare double, gobbling up €2,050
    2017 - nicnicnic hoovered up €2,150
    2016 - gazman snaffled €1,150
    2015 - The Situation scooped €1,550

Many have come to do battle in this illustrious competition, full of theory and serious study of the form. To a man (and woman) they have broken by the vagaries and vicissitudes of the famous hill. Only one can stand atop the podium, titties well-rubbed with fiddies and a glowing sense of satisfaction to sustain them to the next year's Festival. You too can be The Man.

Rules of Racing below:

Same as last year's (and every other years) version:

1. €50 entry fee. Winner takes 100% of the prize pool. You must pay in advance via bank transfer (PM for details if you don't have already). Don't whinge about this, everyone has online banking these days.

You are only entered when your money hits my account. My account is with AIB so if your isn't, you should probably pay 3 workings days before the off to ensure entry. AIB to AIB should be instant.
    I will pay out the prizepool immediately following the Festival to your bank account.

2. You get 1,000 fantasy euro to wager on the upcoming Cheltenham festival (Note; this is from 10-13 March i.e. Tuesday to Friday. Winner is obviously the person with the largest fantasy 'bank' at the end of the week.

3. Max bet per race is 100 fantasy euro. Win or each-way bets only (no place only bets). Minimum bet per race is 20 fantasy euro. You do not have to bet in every race. You can back more than one horse in a single race (up to a total stake of 100 in that race) but multiple selections can only add up to 100 fantasy euro max in that race. No doubles\trebles etc.
    The Place portion of any Each Way bet will be paid at 1/4 the odds of the S.P., number of places paid to be as per the bookies rules on the race.

3. You must wager a minimum of 250 fantasy euro per day of racing (unless you start the day with less in your bank)

4. All bets for each day's racing must be nominated in this thread by 1pm on each day of racing. If you have not posted by then, you will be presumed to have placed no bets for that day. One post per entrant per day. You can edit your post up to 1pm as much as you like, any editing after 1pm will result in forfeit of 750 fantasy euro and your bets for that day being null and void.

5. All bets are at official starting prices.

6. All my decisions are final and any disagreement is pointless.

7. I will post an updated League table each evening after the day's racing.

8. If you select a horse that is subsequently declared a non-runner (and do not amend your post before 1pm), your stake is automatically transferred to the favourite in that race. In the case of joint or co-favourites, it will transfer to the horse with the lowest racecard number.

9. I am a generous old bollix so all races will be Double Result (i.e. FPP and RoR).

Happy punting

Inski as you know

Comment

...In as usual...

Comment

Sign me up

Comment

Sent. Grazie
          Profit before people.

Comment

In

Sent

Legend!

Comment

this should be a handicap event!!

Comment

I will donate to this good cause

Comment

Sent

Comment

Shippided
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

In and money sent

Comment

Donation sent
                        Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Runners and Riders to date

Sitch
                          El Shambola
                          GAB
                          Strewel
                          Switcheroo
                          Dice
                          RDIII
                          Murdrum (supplemental fee of €25 due )
                          Charlie Sheen

and er, who has the initials CC? I should know but don't.

500 in the pot....
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Count me in, I'll get to it eventually
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                              Sitch
                              El Shambola
                              GAB
                              Strewel
                              Switcheroo
                              Dice
                              RDIII
                              Charlie Sheen

and er, who has the initials CC? I should know but don't.

500 in the pot....
                              Thats me! Must have forgot to put my username on here as reference.
                              Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

OK, and then Charlie Sheen is EF

real names only confuse an auld lad like myself

Comment

Former Dual Champignon Sitch
                                  El Shambola
                                  GAB (Guaranteed Annual Blowup)
                                  Strewel
                                  Switcheroo
                                  Dice
                                  RDIII
                                  Charlie Sheen
                                  Pat Custard

500 in the pot....

Comment

Shipped from BOI just now

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Sent
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

In & shipped

Comment

Sent
                                            Last edited by shanboghted; 25-02-20, 13:19.
                                            https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

Two week decs

El Shambola
                                              Strewel
                                              Switcheroo
                                              Dice
                                              RDIII
                                              Charlie Sheen
                                              Pat Custard
                                              Nicnic
                                              No River Required
                                              Hitch
                                              Norweigan Blue

700 in the pot....

Comment

700 in the pot....
                                                Shipping the remaining funds

Expecting big things this year. I'll be blinding following the lads here on the Finishing Line podcast opposed to my usual strategy of picking multiple 20/1+ outsiders in hopes of getting lucky.

I'll be attending their preview night this coming Friday in moral support, undoubtedly I'll come away more confused than ever about horses.

Comment

In, will send monies on Friday... Do I have your bank deets?
                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

in. free money to be shipped soon

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                      In, will send monies on Friday... Do I have your bank deets?
                                                      Yes if you have entered previous comps, which I think you have

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                        Shipping the remaining funds

Expecting big things this year. I'll be blinding following the lads here on the Finishing Line podcast opposed to my usual strategy of picking multiple 20/1+ outsiders in hopes of getting lucky.

I'll be attending their preview night this coming Friday in moral support, undoubtedly I'll come away more confused than ever about horses.
                                                        Congratulations on being the first to dust off all your fantasy money. Could you have jinxed yourself anymore
                                                        Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                          Congratulations on being the first to dust off all your fantasy money. Could you have jinxed yourself anymore
                                                          I'll tip him to win it. That will sink the fucker.

Comment

sent

Comment

I'll tip him to win it. That will sink the fucker.
                                                              Double negative, basically gone fav now.

Comment

Not too pushed about all the lives Coronavirus has taken but if we lose IPB's best yearly competition it'll be a right sickener.
                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

In .

Monies sent .

Comment

El Shambola
                                                                    Strewel
                                                                    Switcheroo
                                                                    Dice
                                                                    RDIII
                                                                    Charlie Sheen
                                                                    Pat Custard
                                                                    Nicnic
                                                                    No River Required
                                                                    Hitch
                                                                    Norweigan Blue
                                                                    Shraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap
                                                                    Shanboghted

800 in the pot....

Comment

El Shambola
                                                                      Strewel
                                                                      Switcheroo
                                                                      Dice
                                                                      RDIII
                                                                      Charlie Sheen
                                                                      Pat Custard
                                                                      Nicnic
                                                                      No River Required
                                                                      Hitch
                                                                      Norweigan Blue
                                                                      Shanboghted

800 in the pot....
                                                                      What am I? An African American ? Sorry you doubt me brother rabbit . Monies sent I say.

Comment

Typical, late declarations of monies received so he can take in that sweet (0.02) interest

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                          What am I? An African American ? Sorry you doubt me brother rabbit . Monies sent I say.
                                                                          I only credit you when the lootz landz. Not my fault your bank steals the cash in transit.

See: Rule 1.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                            Not too pushed about all the lives Coronavirus has taken but if we lose IPB's best yearly competition it'll be a right sickener.
                                                                            Tempted to lump on the 4/9 of it going ahead?

Comment

#39
                                                                              Shipped
                                                                              Preparations went well and ready to unleash another world of hurt. I feel pretty pretty pretty pretty good.

Comment

#40
                                                                                The Hall of Lame

El Shambola
                                                                                Strewel
                                                                                Switcheroo
                                                                                Dice
                                                                                RDIII
                                                                                Charlie Sheen
                                                                                Pat Custard
                                                                                Nicnic
                                                                                No River Required
                                                                                Hitch
                                                                                Norweigan Blue
                                                                                Shanboghted
                                                                                Defending Champignon rounders123

850 in the pot....

Comment

#41
                                                                                  El Shambola
                                                                                  Strewel
                                                                                  Switcheroo
                                                                                  Dice
                                                                                  RDIII
                                                                                  Charlie Sheen
                                                                                  Pat Custard
                                                                                  Nicnic
                                                                                  No River Required
                                                                                  Hitch
                                                                                  Norweigan Blue
                                                                                  Shanboghted
                                                                                  Solksjaer

900 in the pot....

Comment

#42
                                                                                    In. Might as well donate to here instead of bookies. PM sent to get bank details

Comment

#43

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Originally posted by Thenewbie View Post
                                                                                        In. Might as well donate to here instead of bookies. PM sent to get bank details
                                                                                        I've had a couple of these requests and I do every year so replying here so everyone knows.

I don't mind new members coming up in to play these things (the more money the merrier!) but I am not handing out my details to people that I have no idea who they are.
                                                                                        So if you're new and you want to play, presumably you have told about it by a regular poster. Get them to vouch for you first and then I'll be more than happy to let you.

In fact, if regulars only want to play with regulars (which is most of the fun of this - abusing each other), I'm happy to run it on that basis only. Let me know if you have strong feelings.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          I've had a couple of these requests and I do every year so replying here so everyone knows.

I don't mind new members coming up in to play these things (the more money the merrier!) but I am not handing out my details to people that I have no idea who they are.
                                                                                          So if you're new and you want to play, presumably you have told about it by a regular poster. Get them to vouch for you first and then I'll be more than happy to let you.

In fact, if regulars only want to play with regulars (which is most of the fun of this - abusing each other), I'm happy to run it on that basis only. Let me know if you have strong feelings.

Yeah Id prefer to play with regs. A first post unvouched member isnt really on. Thats just my thoughts without sounding bad. But perfectly happy to let the 1 post member in if someone who vouches or whos already in pays on the behalf of the 1 post member and 1st post member can make the transfer to the vouch?
                                                                                          Last edited by rounders123; 29-02-20, 18:55.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Shipped

Comment

#47
                                                                                              I came across this post while searching poker forums, not an overly active player so no one is going vouch for me. Never had a need to sign up on boards as only used it to get info on poker tournies. Completely understand your position on only letting regs enter. Not going be able to do much with your bank details apart from give you money ��

Comment

#48
                                                                                                1 week declarations

El Shambola
                                                                                                Strewel
                                                                                                Switcheroo
                                                                                                Dice
                                                                                                RDIII
                                                                                                Murdrum
                                                                                                Charlie Sheen
                                                                                                Pat Custard
                                                                                                Nicnic
                                                                                                No River Required
                                                                                                Hitch
                                                                                                Norweigan Blue
                                                                                                Shanboghted
                                                                                                Solksjaer

900 in the pot....

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  In and shipped just now. I am going for the first 2 days so fully expect to forget putting in entries.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Oh go on then, will PM you for bank details.....

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Just had a 3 Day Conference / Awards / Party event in Barcelona next week cancelled because of that fucking virus.

On the + Side. I can lose 50 sheets on this . In and shipped

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Updated card

El Shambola
                                                                                                        Strewel
                                                                                                        Switcheroo
                                                                                                        Dice
                                                                                                        RDIII
                                                                                                        Murdrum
                                                                                                        Charlie Sheen
                                                                                                        Pat Custard
                                                                                                        Nicnic
                                                                                                        No River Required
                                                                                                        Hitch
                                                                                                        Norweigan Blue
                                                                                                        Shanboghted
                                                                                                        Solksjaer
                                                                                                        Silver Tiger

950 in the pot....

4 figures to be achieved tomorrow, could be a decent prize pool this year....

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          El Shambola
                                                                                                          Strewel
                                                                                                          Switcheroo
                                                                                                          Dice
                                                                                                          RDIII
                                                                                                          Murdrum
                                                                                                          Charlie Sheen
                                                                                                          Pat Custard
                                                                                                          Nicnic
                                                                                                          No River Required
                                                                                                          Hitch
                                                                                                          Norweigan Blue
                                                                                                          Shanboghted
                                                                                                          Solksjaer
                                                                                                          Silver Tiger
                                                                                                          Aintree specialist Eoghan104

1,000 in the pot....

6 days left to get your entries in.

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Have a feeling this meeting will get cancelled or postponed, so am delaying my entry to the last minute
                                                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Originally posted by alocon View Post
                                                                                                              Oh go on then, will PM you for bank details.....
                                                                                                              Donation shipped

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                6 days out and the field looks like this:

El Shambola
                                                                                                                Strewel
                                                                                                                Switcheroo
                                                                                                                Dice
                                                                                                                RDIII
                                                                                                                Murdrum
                                                                                                                Charlie Sheen
                                                                                                                Pat Custard
                                                                                                                Nicnic
                                                                                                                No River Required
                                                                                                                Hitch
                                                                                                                Norweigan Blue
                                                                                                                Shanboghted
                                                                                                                Solksjaer
                                                                                                                Silver Tiger
                                                                                                                Aintree specialist Eoghan104
                                                                                                                Alocon

1,050 in the pot....

I will stick my neck out and predict 31 entries

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                                  Have a feeling this meeting will get cancelled or postponed, so am delaying my entry to the last minute
                                                                                                                  Mixed signals yet again from the Henderson stable. And considering this chestnut hasn't lined up since 2017 tempers hopes. Watch this space with an announcement from Henderson regarding pokerhands wellbeing and participation. Still on all ante post lists at time of writing.

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    In please

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                      FU
                                                                                                                      form figures of PPRRU tbf

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                                                                                                                        In please
                                                                                                                        you have shipping deets? no change from previous

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X