Live tourney spot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live tourney spot.

In the BB with 7BB's 2nd/3rd shortest stack, approx 1/2 average, short stack shoves 5 bb's folded to me in the BB with Q10s I called and after discussing the hand with a few people got polarised opinions.

I thought the price I was getting was too good to turn down (40k into 73k) considering leveling up is not a huge factor.Villains range is nearly any Ace, pair and the majority of broadways.

Am I better of saving my stack leaving myself fold equity?

The blinds are up in approx 2mins to 6/12k and if I fold here I'd be left with about a 50k stack if I lose my small blind as well.

I should probably mention that there is crazy fold equity on this particular table, and that was a major factor for one person who felt it was a fold.

Forgot to mentiona fairly crucial piece of info: 8 left with an extremely flat payout. Can't recall exactly but something in the region of 1st 650ish; 2nd 450is 3rd 350ish 4th 270. There were 4 tickets worth €50 dropped to 5/6/7/8 so effectively in the money.

Comment

not sure what position the 5 bb shove was from but a call here is fine even if he shoves from first position his range is wide enough to call. i'm not folding this spot given the odds you will be getting, especially as 5th,6th,7th and 8th all get same money. me personally this would be a snap call
      The smarter you play the luckier you'll be
      MTT Calender 2015

Comment

Working...
      X