Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limerick Leader poll has Casey at 54%

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
      Casey now 11/2 in the betting w/o mdh market

Duffy now 8/11 for lowest first preference votes
      Lolz

WITH just days to go to the 2018 Presidential Election and the polls suggesting Michael D Higgins will be returned to the Áras in a landslide result, we want to hear from you to see if the debates and media coverage over the last couple of months have influenced how you will vote on Friday, O...
      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
        Just tucking into Making A Murderer II, when did it get released? Hadn't realised it was out until this evening?
        Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
        I think no more than a week. Saw a few ads for it the last few days/weeks. Let us know if it's any good.
        I'm 7 episodes in and it's very good. The way everything is stripped down is brilliant as Sitch says. Her mouth tilts me though

Also, don't read the 'This is a list of people who chose not to take part' that they show at the end of every episode. It's better to be kept guessing if people decide to talk to the crew or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
          I'm 7 episodes in and it's very good. The way everything is stripped down is brilliant as Sitch says. Her mouth tilts me though

Also, don't read the 'This is a list of people who chose not to take part' that they show at the end of every episode. It's better to be kept guessing if people decide to talk to the crew or not.
          Biggest issue I had with season 1 was that it was way too long. Looks like they haven't changed that then

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

That's a lovely finish by Ozil. Decent match first half.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                Biggest issue I had with season 1 was that it was way too long. Looks like they haven't changed that then
                Oh it's well stretched out for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  Quite happy with this:

Lack of hashtag action will surely lower your reach!?

Comment

Not sure if there's any fans of Mr Mercedes here but it's back on RTE2 tonight at 9.30

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                      That's a lovely finish by Ozil. Decent match first half.
                      And a second lovely goal by Aubameyang about a minute after coming on

Comment

Stunning third goal by Arsenal
                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                          Might top last week. What a sexy fucking goal!

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                            Ya bollox. Nicked it off me.

Cracker. Think that's sexy football Ruud Gullit spoke about

Comment

Comment

Ozil making a lot of so called experts look very silly.....boy is pure fcuking class!

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                  Ozil making a lot of so called experts look very silly.....boy is pure fcuking class!
                                  Because he turned it on against Leicester. His consistency level is mediocre at best. Rarely performs on big ocassions right back to his Real days, was largely anonymous in all the Classicos he played. Phenomenal talent on the rare occasion he decides he's bothered.
                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Thank you ......Thank you for proving my point!!

Comment

Thank you ......Thank you for proving my point!!
                                      Look at the last 10 minutes of Arsenal's two biggest games last season and you will find him standing about 35yards from goal, chalk on his boots, hitting 5 yard passes to fullbacks

He is a notorious flake!

Comment

Silly tonight.. Genius other nights.

Annoying he doesn't light the fuse enough as he's a great talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                          Look at the last 10 minutes of Arsenal's two biggest games last season and you will find him standing about 35yards from goal, chalk on his boots, hitting 5 yard passes to fullbacks

He is a notorious flake!
                                          A flake [emoji1787][emoji1787] look at his record and his performances at the biggest stage of them all! Arsenal fans that know their gravy were quite happy it was Sanchez and not Mesut that left. Now there is a fraud!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                            Silly tonight.. Genius other nights.

Annoying he doesn't light the fuse enough as he's a great talent.
                                            Agree to an extent, but there us no doubt he is an easy target simply because of his style and body language, if you actually look beyond that and examine his play and influence he is top top quality.

Comment

A flake [emoji1787][emoji1787] look at his record and his performances at the biggest stage of them all! Arsenal fans that know their gravy were quite happy it was Sanchez and not Mesut that left. Now there is a fraud!
                                              Fanboy alert

Ooh and as a purely mathematical question, what has Sanchez being a "fraud" got to do with your original statement on ozil?

Comment

Made sure I was able to vote twice to put my mind at ease.
                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Agree to an extent, but there us no doubt he is an easy target simply because of his style and body language, if you actually look beyond that and examine his play and influence he is top top quality.
                                                  Haha this is peak twat when it comes to Ozils defenders, they think they see far more than your average viewer. The 80% of the time he doesn't perform they'll come up with a myriad of excuses ranging from blaming other players around him to "he's doing more than you notice" and the 20% of the time he does perform hes an absolute god to them.

There's no mystery with Ozil, he is what he is and has been over a gigantic sample of games, provides sporadic world class games over a season but doesn't have the mental fortitude like the true greats to do it nearly consistent enough to be considered world class.
                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Looks like we'll have to agree to disagree Elshambles but I thought it as good a chance as any to highlight Ozil's genius!

Not sure what mathematics has to do with any of the foregoing to be honest my simple point re Sanchez being that casual observers rave about his work rate and his willingness to fight to win the ball back, ignoring the fact that 99% of the time it is he that gave the fcuking thing away, Ozil is a far more pragmatic and economical player and simply doesn't give it away in the first place!

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                      Haha this is peak twat when it comes to Ozils defenders.
                                                      At least you didn't resort to personal insults and childish shi*e, fair play [emoji106]

Comment

Moved back to my place tonight after a 4 year absence. Place need a little TLC but otherwise in good shape. Great to be back but feels a little strange somehow. But Jesus, what a fun 4 years it had been. Time to open the beer and take a little trip down memory lane.
                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Last Friday i think. Kathleen Zellner is absolutely phenomenal, really shows up Buting and Strang's incompetence from the first season.
                                                              Always thought it was funny that they were somehow lionised and managed to get a worldwide tour out of it when they somehow managed to lose that case.

Comment

Just tucking into Making A Murderer II, when did it get released? Hadn't realised it was out until this evening?
                                                                Was only released last Friday
                                                                Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

I think that list is in response to people on that side of the fence complaining the last time that the documentary was bias and didn't give their side of events. CAn't really continue with at reasoning if they declined.
                                                                Although I understand that they might be worried about being taken out of context.

Comment

I've been watching the Crown over the past 2 weeks, I think it's very good but I've put it on hold to catch up with Making a Murderer.
                                                                  I've watched a few others in a similar genre and I still think The Jinx is the best. Worth a watch for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                    I've watched a few others in a similar genre and I still think The Jinx is the best. Worth a watch for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.
                                                                    I only mentioned The Jinx last week. I agree that it's the best. And there is some very good crime documentaries out there to compete with it

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                      I only mentioned The Jinx last week. I agree that it's the best. And there is some very good crime documentaries out there to compete with it
                                                                      Totally agree, anyone who mentions Making a Murderer or any other, I always mention The Jinx.
                                                                      It's a great contrast of protagonist between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                        Not really the ideal time to be one of the biggest holders of corporate debt the world.
                                                                        They have also been one of the biggest sellers of it whilst they repatriate cash, one of the main drivers of the short end underperforming so badly at the time. Look at 2/10 spread for reference ( though clearly driven by rates too)

I'd imagine there's a common interest here in Michael Lewis. He has a new book out that looks great.

Some of the reviews talk about his Trump take (which would bore us all senselessly at this stage), but the review linked there suggests the book is just classic Lewis goodness.
                                                                        I bought this book from the Guardian excerpt and unfortunately it’s not quite as interesting as that but I’d put it in the “well worth a read” category rather than just read. It’s scary from being practical rather than hyperbolic.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                          Totally agree, anyone who mentions Making a Murderer or any other, I always mention The Jinx.
                                                                          It's a great contrast of protagonist between the two.
                                                                          I found them both great but as you say it’s almost like a juxtaposition.
                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                          Poor ‘innocent’ guy found guilty vs. rich ‘guy guilty’ guy getting away with it.

Also anyone watched The Staircase? Seems to be dragging on.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                            Not sure if there's any fans of Mr Mercedes here but it's back on RTE2 tonight at 9.30
                                                                            It's brill.
                                                                            Season two is a little different however
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Casey into 4/1 in betting w/o mdh

Comment

Casey into 4/1 in betting w/o mdh
                                                                                It's honestly extremely disheartening to see how much momentum this fucking headcase is gathering.
                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                  It's honestly extremely disheartening to see how much momentum this fucking headcase is gathering.
                                                                                  Vote Casey. Fuck the knackers

Comment

He's no Trump but he's obviously cottoned on to how you generate political attention in this day and age.

Issues are now irrelevant, as is even knowing such things as how government works. Anger is all.
                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

His campaign videos seem to be getting a lot of negative attention from those who liked his comments last week so he could be shooting himself in the foot with those.
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Weirdly enough, I suspect if most people voting for him thought he might actually win, they wouldn't consider voting for him.

Just as well there is no chance hell win anyway.

Comment

It's not really momentum, he's just the most outlandish and visible in a range with a massive favourite. In real terms he's still only going to pick up a fringe vote.

Comment

Vote Casey. Fuck the knackers
                                                                                            That could nearly be his campaign slogan.
                                                                                            Or pensioners or disabled or carers or children getting their children allowance.
                                                                                            His latest target is social welfare recipients. It's another brazen attempt to
                                                                                            create a target of ire for people to protest against in their vote.
                                                                                            Some fool in my place saying he'll vote for him to show the politicians the political correctness is gone mad, he's a straight talker, says what we are all thinking etc...you could write this stuff with your eyes closed.
                                                                                            To be clear, he has absolutely no fucking power whatsoever if president to address any of the issues he is spouting on about.
                                                                                            He's a fucking fraud. A fucking dickhead targeting ire at the 'them' in peoples lives.
                                                                                            If you can boil down their problems or give them a target to blame or better, look down on, you'll always have the vote of the ignorant.
                                                                                            I mean he's calling FG a socialist government ffs. It's ridiculous.

Comment

Kev and Sitch probably could have moved that market by that much with a couple of hundred euro each.

Comment

I reckon ye should stop posting about making a murdered here unless you use spoiler tags. Create a thread elsewhere even. Not everyone can binge watch it. There may have been nothing spoilery posted so far, but I still had to hastily skip over when I realised what the posts were about. I'm only on Ep 2 at the minute.

Comment

...Gone back a few years in tv shows, and am watching Californication...Just finished season 4, think it's absolutely brilliant, definitely in my top 10 of all time...

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                    Kev and Sitch probably could have moved that market by that much with a couple of hundred euro each.
                                                                                                    I got about a grand down across a few shops from 16/1- 10/1. Was actually surprised they were happily laying as much particularly as they only offer SP on my horses in some of those shops. Will prob lay off a bit if betfair market gets more liquid close to polling day.

Ep 5 now, she is debasing everything to introduce doubt. I'm not sure she is phenomenal unless I'm about to see something in the next few episodes. She's just casually introducing her basic research as alternative fact right throughout the first few episodes. It might play to the Netflix public but I'm not so sure how it plays in a law court.
                                                                                                    Definitely ramps it up towards the latter episodes. Prob no point discussing it when you're halfway through but let me know what you think when you're done.
                                                                                                    Last edited by The Situation; 23-10-18, 11:03.
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

I got about a grand down across a few shops from 16/1- 10/1. Was actually surprised they were happily laying as much particularly as they only offer SP on my horses in some of those shops. Will prob lay off a bit if betfair market gets more liquid close to polling day.
                                                                                                      .
                                                                                                      Shops deffo the place to go for political bets.

I remember being in the knacker PP on Amiens Street the day of Cowen's drunken radio speech. I got 600 on at 9/2 in the 'anyone but Cowen' to lead FF into the next election with not even a blink.
                                                                                                      Then asked could I get more on, something clicked in the brain and she said 'I'll have to ring the traders'. After a one-sided conversation I was told No.

Went around the corner to the next knacker PP on Talbot Street and got 400 on.

Comment

Comment

At least there's now finally a reason to pay some attention to this meaningless political contest.

Comment

strange bedfellows Kev

Comment

Heh, we made the papers for the Cowen bet back in the day.

Comment

This is a new currency and payment network built by ex-PayPal guys, called Initiative Q. The Q currency is currently being allocated for free if you are invited by an existing member.
                                                                                                                The idea is that if millions of people join, Q could become a leading payment network, and, according to well-known economic models, that means the value of the reward would be around $130,000.
                                                                                                                The amount you reserve decreases every day, and each member has a limited number of invites

free money anyone

Last edited by DeadParrot; 23-10-18, 11:49.

Comment

...

Comment

They are definitely a socialist government, not that thats the point. Its only in Ireland they count as even centrists.
                                                                                                                    Use the US as a barometer sure, but in the context of Irish Politics?
                                                                                                                    It's used as a buzzword, someone else will call them Tory, fascist or rightwing using nothing more than the phrase blueshirt or Leo's fondness for Thatcher as proof.

Comment

Working on a big presentation over a few days on a customer site that's a potentially huge deal Have a load of people in town for it and you expect a certain amount of resistance from vested interests inside the prospective customer, getting set up yesterday was extra difficult and ended up with us changing rooms and spending hours patching cables and pissing around so we could use the room. Meeting set for 9AM but visitors are not allowed in until 9 but we are all set just need to plug in and start. No worries.
                                                                                                                      Head off early this morning Project lead is a local and driving 7 of us, he pulls up outside to let us out of jeep at 8:40 so he can go off to the car park which is quite a distance. As I get out a traffic cop jumps in to arrest to front seat and arrests him for stopping in a no stopping zone. He gets dragged off to the station and spends the next couple of hours trying to buy his way out, the more they realise that this is a reallllllly important for him and he reallllly needs to deal with it the longer they keep him and the more he has to pay.
                                                                                                                      Meanwhile we go ahead and are told our room is being used for a meeting, Yeah we say that's us , and looking at the people we recognise some of them, yeah these are the people we are to talk to. Next thing as we are standing there a delegation from our competition , the people we are looking to replace, march by into our meeting room. Takes an hour and a bit of nifty footwork to buy a couple of 4g wifi routers to route to another room 15 floors away and now we are up and running. All in all just a normal day at the office in Lagos.
                                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Use the US as a barometer sure, but in the context of Irish Politics?
                                                                                                                        It's used as a buzzword, someone else will call them Tory, fascist or rightwing using nothing more than the phrase blueshirt or Leo's fondness for Thatcher as proof.
                                                                                                                        they're not Socialists, they are 'soggy Centrists'

i.e. they attempt to hold the middle ground with wet policies that piss off the least possible amount of voters

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X