No announcement yet.

Boxing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone any thoughts on Ward v Froch tonight??

If you were to listen to the sky sports hype it's a 50/50

I can't see Ward knocking froch out but do believe froch has a bit more power and only way to win would be a ko. Ward on points i'm thinking.

So here's my thinking..

Andre Ward by Decision or Technical Decision 8/13 (william hill)

Small insurance

Carl Froch by KO TKO or Disqualification 8/1 (boyles)

Thoughts??

Comment

Ward on Points is your safest bet.

I was looking at backing the fight but cant see much value there.

Will be a close one IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by japeye View Post
        Anyone any thoughts on Ward v Froch tonight??

If you were to listen to the sky sports hype it's a 50/50

I can't see Ward knocking froch out but do believe froch has a bit more power and only way to win would be a ko. Ward on points i'm thinking.

So here's my thinking..

Andre Ward by Decision or Technical Decision 8/13 (william hill)

Small insurance

Carl Froch by KO TKO or Disqualification 8/1 (boyles)

Thoughts??
        Better off just watching. Froch will pour so much into this that he could run out of steam and be ko'd or expose Ward if he's anyway ungenuine and win. Probably best just to have an interest tickle on your Carl Froch by KO TKO or Disqualification 8/1

Comment

Haye and Khan both to win by KO/TKO/DQ @ 5/1 seems like a good value bet to me. Anyone any opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
            Haye and Khan both to win by KO/TKO/DQ @ 5/1 seems like a good value bet to me. Anyone any opinions?
            David Haye is a cartoon character. Don't waste your money

Comment

Think 9/2 is too big on Garcia tonight, khan is always guilty of looking past opponents to his detriment and he's already talking about his next fight, Garcia looked good last time out beating a legend pretty easily. I think it will be khan on points but will be having a tickle on Garcia at the price.

Staying away from the haye chisora bout, chisora put in his best ever performance last time out and was in by far the best shape I've ever seen him in, should be an interesting fight if he's prepared right and haye has some ring rust.

Comment

wp MrPT

Comment

Tyson Fury to win by KO in the 5th

Comment

Pleasantly surprised to see 4/6 widely available on Froch, would expect that to be gone by fight time. Kesslers past his best and Froch is a far superior opponent to the last time they fought. Would expect a clear win for the cobra especially as its a home draw.

Comment

Hope you'll took the Froch price when it was there, Rigomdeaux this weekend to win chunks please.

Comment

Originally posted by MrPillowTalk View Post
                        Hope you'll took the Froch price when it was there
                        It hasn't really changed much too yet. 19/29 is best price, 8/13 availible with PP.
                        I took the price at the time on betfair. The line is same today.

Comment

Fairly lowball but odds are odds. In the David Price(1/250) v Ruzsinsky(stand-in) fight PP's 'When Will The Fight End' market.
                          Rounds 1-2 @5/6 is the play.

Comment

Is the price fight on tele ?
                            PB

Comment

Originally posted by PEACEBROTHER View Post
                              Is the price fight on tele ?
                              You know it took place an hour ago?

spoiler result
                              SPOILER
                              David Price won in first round

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                You know it took place an hour ago?

spoiler result
                                SPOILER
                                David Price won in first round
                                cheers
                                Hadnt a clue
                                PB

Comment

Any reason Kiko Martinez is as big as 4's for tonight against Frampton?

Yes Frampton has beaten him in the past and should be favourite but word is Martinez has "trained on" since and is holding the title

+BBC radio fella just said that two Irish fighters ringside have told him they backed Martinez due to the price being too big

Comment

Andy Lee by KO/TKO. Basically he is not going to win this by decision and from what I know of his opponent he opens himself enough to get caught. I reckon andy is worth a shot as the underdog and was on him last time too so he owes me nothing lol. I will probably get greedy and double this up with a Golfer in the final pairing of the masters if its nicely set up with reasonable odds going.

Boxnation about 3.30am

And on another note its ridiculous the lack of interest in andy lee as a world title holder. All ye bandwagon ufc conor mcgregor fan boys can go suck it.
                                    Last edited by mugsy; 09-04-15, 23:24.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post

And on another note its ridiculous the lack of interest in andy lee as a world title holder. All ye bandwagon ufc conor mcgregor fan boys can go suck it.
                                      It's because he not really Irish though. He's English.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                        It's because he not really Irish though. He's English.
                                        He was born in england to irish parents and he grew up in Limerick. He is alot more Irish than many sports people whome Ireland adopts as there own ( most of soccer team for example would be one grandparent link).

He is a proud Irishman no need for a cheap dig Jiggaman you dope.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
                                          He was born in england to irish parents and he grew up in Limerick. He is alot more Irish than many sports people whome Ireland adopts as there own ( most of soccer team for example would be one grandparent link).

He is a proud Irishman no need for a cheap dig Jiggaman you dope.
                                          Thanks.

Look, I'm a big fan of boxing and all combat sports in general and would always support for Irishman/woman in action but I don't feel the connection with him..Clearly the media doesn't either in fairness.

Comment

It really is baffling how he's still flying so far under the radar relative to the amount of success that usually warrants hype in this country, especially considering he's probably the most intelligent/likeable fighter we've ever had. And lol at questioning his Irishness.
                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Ask Andy Lee if he's English and you'll get a Limerick history lesson. He's a KO artist. Nobody has KO power and a hook like him at his weight. He'll only retain this title by knocking people out. He was unlucky against a drugged to the gills Chavez. Will be rooting for him and sticking KO in a double or two.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                It really is baffling how he's still flying so far under the radar relative to the amount of success that usually warrants hype in this country, especially considering he's probably the most intelligent/likeable fighter we've ever had. And lol at questioning his Irishness.
                                                Cause he can't box a points win and went a weird route to where is. Surely you can see how he flys under the radar.

You're wrong about intelligence in ring imo.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                  Cause he can't box a points win and went a weird route to where is. Surely you can see how he flys under the radar.

You're wrong about intelligence in ring imo.
                                                  I think by intelligence he means how he conducts himself outside the ring, very level headed and articulate. ( suprising for most boxers). Bring the belt home and he will fight next in Ireland get more media attention then im sure.
                                                  Last edited by mugsy; 10-04-15, 02:03. Reason: mention other reason which have no place in a betting forum.

Comment

Also don't agree with that but see what he means. I'm a big Andy Lee fan whilst hating boxing so hopefully he can keep a hold of the belt and gain a bandwagon. I've watched him on undercards over here. Nothing but love for the man. Bit annoyed it's Booth that gets the best outa him but meh to complaining.

Comment

No longer a title fight after Quillin misses the weight. Kid Chocolate is right.

Comment

He (well his parents/family) lives a few miles from me and he is definitely as Irish as can be.

Would I be right in saying there's no financial incentive for the Irish media to be pimping the shit out of him and that's why there's no hype around him? Is that Lee's fault or does his camp have better financial options elsewhere?
                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Where and what time can this viewed?

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                            No longer a title fight after Quillin misses the weight. Kid Chocolate is right.
                                                            ...Wonder could this be a blessing in disguise... It means he will more than likely be defending against Saunders in the summer, and reckon that'll be a quality fight that I think he has quite a good chance of winning...
                                                            ...Was worried he would struggle tomorrow, but given the fact Quillan wasn't even close to making weight, you'd have to wonder what his motivation is like...Some mentioned KO tomorrow, and I reckon it'll be an even bigger chance now...

Comment

Boxing is pretty much just two lads in a roped squared off enclosure punching each other repeatedly in the head.
                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

khan by split decision 28/1........saver on the fight going the distance.

Comment

Backing Craig Evans 6/5 to beat Tom Stalker this evening.
                                                                  Stalker a GB Olymipc team captain is fighting from the infamous MGM Marbella gym and that gym is a similar level of professionalism to what 90's football was under under Ron Atkinson.
                                                                  This is a trilogy after 2 previous draws between them as ridiculous as it sounds. Evans is now on home turf in Wales and Stalker needed the oul towels on the scales(coat in this instance) to make weight which is never a positive.
                                                                  Fill yer boots and thank me later.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                    Backing Craig Evans 6/5 to beat Tom Stalker this evening.
                                                                    Stalker a GB Olymipc team captain is fighting from the infamous MGM Marbella gym and that gym is a similar level of professionalism to what 90's football was under under Ron Atkinson.
                                                                    This is a trilogy after 2 previous draws between them as ridiculous as it sounds. Evans is now on home turf in Wales and Stalker needed the oul towels on the scales(coat in this instance) to make weight which is never a positive.
                                                                    Fill yer boots and thank me later.

Good call on this
                                                                    Evens won on points

Comment

Missed the tip earlier good shout.
                                                                      One of the judges scored it a draw again

Comment

Yeah some mad scoring in the boxing never ceases. Evans just too busy and aggressive. Some complain about MMA scoring, nothing is perfect but its 5 times straighter than boxing scoring imo. Anyway not even the judges could scupper this. I actually thought the weigh in told a lot.

Comment

rare to get a tempting price in a boxing match. reckon frampton v cruz is close to a 50/50 based on the last fight so taking a piece of cruz also the draw is a possibility this time around.

no interest in undercard so hopefully stay awake to watch. really enjoyed their last fight. hard to claim frampton as irish but we have nobody else to follow on world stage.

if it goes similar to last fight frampton will dominate the early rounds and cruz will keep up the pace as fight goes on so maybe in running is a better punt on him or abort if not looking like he is going to get the decision.

Comment

Prices all wrong for tonight!?

Haye hasn't had a proper fight in 5-ish years, shoulder surgery and a bit flaky
                                                                            Bellew is no mug!

A good Haye should kill him, size should count but... how good is Haye compared to the prices?

anyhu based on prices:

Bellew rounds 4-6 22/1
                                                                            &
                                                                            £10 on Bellew, round 1 80/1 (on the off chance Haye hangs out his chin)

Comment

#98
                                                                              Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                              Prices all wrong for tonight!?

Haye hasn't had a proper fight in 5-ish years, shoulder surgery and a bit flaky
                                                                              Bellew is no mug!

A good Haye should kill him, size should count but... how good is Haye compared to the prices?

anyhu based on prices:

Bellew rounds 4-6 22/1
                                                                              &
                                                                              £10 on Bellew, round 1 80/1 (on the off chance Haye hangs out his chin)
                                                                              ...I was thinking this the last couple of weeks, thought bellew was a great price...But Haye looked in cracking shape yesterday compared to bellew and looked to be carrying his weight very well... I think it'll be in an interesting fight but Haye will be too powerful for him, although I hope I'm wrong lol...

Comment

#99
                                                                                Agree Haye is overpriced but he looks in much better shape than Bellew. Whats Bellew even doing fighting at Heavyweight!, he helps Haye look more of a Heavyweight which he isnt. Bellew looks like he will succumb by body shots. Its a bit of a joke of a fight although i hope its entertaining. I always say in these joke fights hedge to back a draw or even a DQ as you could believe anything. This is boxing after all.

Comment

Haye rounds 3-4 for me, 3/1.

Comment

Time will the fight be on at?

Comment

Hats off to Haye for getting so many interested in this dogshit fight. He was the best self promoter in sport before Mcgregor.
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Should be stopped imho. One legged man ffs

Comment

Was good fun before the injury.

Comment

Ffs why didn't I just take the 6/1

Comment

Looking forward to seeing the buys on this.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                              X