Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exposed card pre-flop from the player

Hello , i want to ask about a ruling for this situation:

the dealer is dealing the cards , the deal is finished. one of the players exposes a card regardless of if this player is facing the action or not. My question is is the hand live or not.

same situation but with action for example raise and a re-raise now what happens of a player expose a card.

It doesn`t matter if it is on purpose or not because nobody will say "yes it was on purpose"

I have an argument regarding this situation so please tell me is there any different ruling for example some rules can be ruled differently in the different tournaments ( like showdown on the river last action or not the last action etc. )

Thanks

Also is there any difference if the situation arises postflop ?

Comment

I was lead to believe the player can only check call in this position but I would love to be corrected if I'm wrong.

Comment

I'd agree with Doyler.
        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

WSOP ruling
          12. Procedure for an exposed card varies with the poker form, and is given in the section for each game. A card that is flashed by a dealer is treated as an exposed card. A card that is flashed by a player will play. To obtain a ruling on whether a card was exposed and should be replaced, a player should announce that the card was flashed or exposed before looking at it. A downcard dealt off the table is an exposed card.

Comment

The thing is that , I know the rule that the hand plays! A friend of mine says that it is ruled dead. I don't see the logic for killing the hand. Neither to fobid the player to bet/raise. If he expose pre-flop with no action one of his cards I will give him a warning but I don't thinkit is nessesary to stop him from betting. My point - he has punished enoght himself by showing one of his cards. BUT if it is post flop I will rule differently ( softplay/collusion)
            do you agree?

Comment

RULE 68 EXPOSING CARDS
              68-1 An “exposed card” is defined as any card intentionally or accidentally shown to or seen by at least one player at the table.

68-2. It is a player’s responsibility to inform the dealer of any “exposed cards” or flashed card(s).

68-3. Anytime an exposed card is not 100% identifiable, the dealer will show the player’s entire hand.

68-4. Dealers must “show one player, show all players,” any “exposed cards.”

a) If ALL ACTION IS COMPLETE, and a player exposes his/her card(s) to at least one player before “folding/mucking,” all players are entitled to see the “exposed card(s), if requested. The dealer will kill the hand and show all players the EXACT card(s) shown.

b) “Exposing cards” due to dealer’s error, dealers must announce and show the exposed card to all players. The exposed card must remain “face up” on the card deck, until the next action. The exposed card will be taken out of play.

68-5. A player intentionally exposing his/her card(s) to a player during a live hand will NOT have a “dead hand,” but will incur a penalty. The penalty will begin at the end of the hand.

a) “Exposing cards” to a player with NO LIVE HAND, anytime a player “exposes cards” to a player, any player at the table may REQUEST to see the exposed card(s). At the end of the hand, the dealer will kill the hand and show the player’s show all players the EXACT card(s) shown.

b) “Exposing cards” to a player WITH A LIVE HAND, anytime a player “exposes cards” to a player who has NOT completed their action, the dealer will immediately show all players the EXACT card(s) shown. This is done so that all players involved are entitled to the same information. At the END of the hand, dealer will kill the hand and show all players the EXACT card(s) shown. The player that exposed his/her card(s) will incur a penalty.

68-6. A card accidentally exposed by a dealer or dealt off the table is ruled an “exposed card” and may be the cause for a “misdeal.” If more than 2 cards are exposed during the initial deal, the hand will be declared as a “misdeal.”

68-7. In Flop games, if during the initial deal, the dealer accidentally ”exposed” a player’s card, that card will be taken out of play, shown to all players and used as the burn card. The player will then receive a new card from the top of the deck, once all players have received their initial hand. If 2 or more cards are “exposed” during the initial deal, the hand will be declared a “misdeal.”
              Last edited by greywolf; 07-06-12, 19:13.
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
              http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

Working...
              X