Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
    FAO: Anyone in pursuit of a good rasher...

I got the inside line on this and finally sampled them but... O'Gormans butchers in Castledermot are producing their own Dry Cure Rasher. It is what it says on the tin which is incredibly rare. It tastes fantastic and it seems they are mixing a little brown sugar into the cure. They go straight to the top of the Best Rasher in Ireland charts. If you are down that way get some. As an experiment get some of the cheap ones in Lidl and cook them in separate pans at the same time. Observation and taste test will show you that you get what you pay for.
    Did you bother with the black pudding in the end or how is that coming along? Just bought some more of the smoked black pudding from the butcher in Ashbourne which reminded me to ask.abiyt your own.

Comment

Man that was some good pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
        Thanks, it's the study itself I'd be interested in as I can interpret that first hand. Will look it up at some point.
        It might be worth investigating the author, in that case, he is himself is a professor of neuroscience and psychology at Berkeley. His research and studies have all focused on the impact of sleep on human health and disease.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Wonder will Leo arrange a day off for us all if the poor man passes

Comment

Seen as the old goat was as politically incorrect as they come it does seem fitting there are distasteful articles.

RIP Phillybaby good innings all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
              I personally think H.L.A Hart is the best of that bunch but aside from Kant they are all legal philosophers (jurisprudential philosophers). Hart was an amazing man. He worked with MI5 and MI6 during the Second World War and shared an office with one of the Cambridge Spies, Anthony Blunt.

His book, "The Concept of Law" specifically addresses issues of morality and law and how they can diverge and overlap. It is part of a number of works, including Kelsen, Dworkin, and to a lesser extent Williams, that inform the developing theories of law across the twentieth century.
              I'll check that out for sure. I wasn't aware they were specific to the domain of law.
              Nevertheless, I think that potentially offers insight to how philosophical arguments that often appear very abstract are perhaps applied in a practical sense. Perhaps that's not what the books are about but it appears more tangible to some degree.

Comment

If you have 20 minutes to spare, this is a fairly exhaustive analysis of Trump-Russia.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Comment

October 5, 2011 - Justin Townes Earle in the Bing Lounge, presented by Dick Hannah Dealerships. 101.9 KINK.FM. Portland, ORFB: http://www.facebook.com/bing...

Comment

LOL @ the GAA
                        They called in the lawyers to make sure they wouldn't have to repay EU grants if they refused access to the Liam Miller memorial game.
                        The logical inference being that if they were obliged to repay money they would have found a way to allow the people of Cork support the event at their taxpayer funded facility.
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Maybe I'm a cynic but I think an amateur organisation being pilloried for not handing over its facilities to a bunch of rich professional sports people to raise money for the family of another professional sports person who more than likely made more money in ten years than most of us will make in a lifetime is a bit weird somehow.

This guy played for Celtic, Man Utd and Leeds among others - those who like are left behind are hardly going to be on the bread line. If some poor fucker who is scratching out a living making €400 a week playing for Cork City FC kicks the bucket next week would there be the same uproar or is this just a thing because barstoolers remember Miller from TV? Who would be more deserving of the help and who's family would need it more? What will the criteria be for handing over the keys to your stadium? Tragic early death of premier league player from County ground is in? Will Championship level soccer players be entitled to demand it as well, LOI players?

Honestly I'm quite sure all the outraged wealthy athletes, Premier League supporters and assorted belly-achers will have no problem whatsoever finding the patreon page to donate the price of the ticket to Miller's widow if they are so worried.

Comment

By the way the GAA regularly enrage me but the idea that the soccer fraternity are just entitled to demand the use of their infrastructure is a bit galling.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                              By the way the GAA regularly enrage me but the idea that the soccer fraternity are just entitled to demand the use of their infrastructure is a bit galling.
                              THIS.

Also, facilities were built using grant money properly applied for and granted. That doesn’t mean the GAA are obliged to turn the facility over to anyone who wants it. If the Government wanted that option then they can make it a condition of the funding.
                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

That's a very good argument Keano, and one that's switched my opinion.
                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Is the argument not that the bigger stadium would allow more actual fans go support the player, as opposed to an extra few quid for his family?
                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                    Is the argument not that the bigger stadium would allow more actual fans go support the player, as opposed to an extra few quid for his family?
                                    I made the argument to a few people on Twitter that if they wanted to support the cause there was nothing stopping them from making a donation equal to the ticket price. I got a world of abuse for it.

Seems more fitting that it should be held in turners cross anyway. A place he played for a long time and would have more sentimental value than a half full puc

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                      That's a very good argument Keano, and one that's switched my opinion.
                                      Lazare in supporting GAA shocker.

Next up, the church.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                        THIS.

Also, facilities were built using grant money properly applied for and granted. That doesn’t mean the GAA are obliged to turn the facility over to anyone who wants it. If the Government wanted that option then they can make it a condition of the funding.
                                        don't disagree with any of what is being said but it's still laughable that their only public comment is that they spent money to make sure their ass is covered regarding the grants.

That there is an issue at all is obviously a much poorer reflection on the fai than on the gaa.

Comment

Some Saturday at the golf

Comment

No interest in GAA but completley agree with both points Keane made. Was also curious as to reasons behind the need for it anyway but maybe a lot was spent on treatments etc...we dont really know.

Comment

Couple of us decided to bail to Clonmel for the poker a d stay over. Having a pint in hotel bar and cop the 2 lads beside us are pikeys.Now to be fair you wouldnt know only one has a hearing aid in so is talking a bit loud but all good.

Anyway manager cops the young barmaids mistake(?) in serving them and when they go up for a second she is thrown to the wolves to refuse them...

After a short discussion about loudness he points to his hearing aid...a quick word between young wan and manager and its agreed to give them the Guinness but shuffle them into the snug behind doors...

Thinking the fun is over my buddy goes in to register the tourney while i finish my pint and follow.

4 more just arrived in...think i'll have another pint as thr managers face is priceless here and im heading into the snug with them as the racing is on in there

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                Its also going to be a good finish to todays stage 14 on Le Tour. 10% Ave Gradient
                                                SPOILER

Comment

A good Saturday on the train to Tralee. A couple of wanker-beers drunk and cheese ingested. The most civilised way to travel.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                    Sticking with my policy of 'always back an American with a stupid name', I repeated my Masters bet on Xander Schauffle. See he's in the mix there now after being invisible on Day 1.

Comment

GAA is finished since Kerry died. Common sense should allow the fecking game to play. Melodramatic saying handing over the keys. Anyway the cause was also to raise money for other charities. Should all benefit gigs be cancelled and people asked to donate instead. . GAA is supposed to be for more than the actual GAA players it's supposed to stand for the wider community. Isn't that written into their actual constitution somewhere. Liam Millers death was not that of a rich sportsman.

Also I like us getting outraged, it's got us somewhere in recent years. You gay boys can now get an abortion if you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                        A good Saturday on the train to Tralee. A couple of wanker-beers drunk and cheese ingested. The most civilised way to travel.
                                                        I hope to fcuk Bradshaw did this in his time. If he did he did it quietly.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                          I hope to fcuk Bradshaw did this in his time. If he did he did it quietly.

Comment

Gailf

Comment

Is Tralee full of headtheballs?

Lad on the train locked, on the phone to all sorts, including the Guards, trying to get his son arrested.

He gave his name there. Google reveals all sorts of mad history.

Comment

Yes!

Comment

See some gaa officials have asked for a meeting with the organisers of that Liam miller game. If they over turn more rules they're gonna look like an even bigger shambles than they already do this summer. Literally making it up as they go along.

Comment

If Rory could putt he'd be dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                      GAA is finished since Kerry died. Common sense should allow the fecking game to play. Melodramatic saying handing over the keys. Anyway the cause was also to raise money for other charities. Should all benefit gigs be cancelled and people asked to donate instead. . GAA is supposed to be for more than the actual GAA players it's supposed to stand for the wider community. Isn't that written into their actual constitution somewhere. Liam Millers death was not that of a rich sportsman.

Also I like us getting outraged, it's got us somewhere in recent years. You gay boys can now get an abortion if you wish.
                                                                      Do you have any thoughts on how they should decide who is entitled to demand use of GAA grounds to run fundraisers in future?

Comment

Lad on the train locked, on the phone to all sorts, including the Guards, trying to get his son arrested.

He gave his name there. Google reveals all sorts of mad history.
                                                                        You're just sheltered.

Comment

Sticking with my policy of 'always back an American with a stupid name', I repeated my Masters bet on Xander Schauffle. See he's in the mix there now after being invisible on Day 1.
                                                                          Clearly I have become some kind of golf punting savant.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                            Do you have any thoughts on how they should decide who is entitled to demand use of GAA grounds to run fundraisers in future?
                                                                            criteria? bums on seats.

Ed the red head ? Why build a state of the art new ground and refuse offers to use it when it's not in use. If any of these grounds received grants from the taxpayer then they should accommodate reasonable requests for it's use . Why not ?

What is the GAA about in your view ? Let's use our facilities for the good of all in the country and not just those who follow the GAA and all it represents (outdated as it is) .

Fundraisers are how the fecking GAA got through the lean years , Croke Park I think hit break even in 2014 (helped by development funded by taxpayers) . Taxpayers are requesting to use it. Say no, fine but the arms folded refusal to budge quoting easily worked around red tape is annoying

I draw the line at cake sales though, they can use Turners Cross.

Comment

Super 8s failing to live up to expectations again. Dire stuff

Comment

Liam Miller match will now be in Pairc Ui Caoimh tis like a soap opera with the gaa

#Pray4Keane

Comment

Ya can't give an organization a grant, and then start claiming use of where the funds went as you please, that taxpayer argument is terrible.
                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                    Ya can't give an organization a grant, and then start claiming use of where the funds went as you please, that taxpayer argument is terrible.
                                                                                    Seems you can, and indeed should, according to the EU Commission investigation into this grant.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                        Is it a game of spot the difference

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                                          Is it a game of spot the difference
                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                          Hoptical hillusion

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                            The one on the right looks as if it's a steeper angle.

That it?

Comment

Looked like two identical photos to me until I googled it and read what other people were seeing.
                                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                Looked like two identical photos to me until I googled it and read what other people were seeing.
                                                                                                I spent ten minutes staring at it trying to work out what I was supposed to see. Couldn't take it anymore then read AJ's spoiler. Saw it straight away then, but didn't twig his play on words.

Comment

The households with the lamps are more contentious. Looks like the same lamps so id say one neighbor communicated with the other as to who they used. Pays off in winter, to have a good old chinwag under lamp light makes all the difference.

Comment

Important question, what is the name of the ornament attached to your keys?

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                      Important question, what is the name of the ornament attached to your keys?
                                                                                                      you mean like, a key ring ?

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                                                        He'll fob you off with that answer .

Comment

Does the key ring describe the just the ring, or the ring and the ornament?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                            He'll fob you off with that answer .
                                                                                                            Definitely not a fob, that implies some sort of
                                                                                                            security device with built-in authentication.

Comment

is this one of those thoughts people have when super high ?

i guess it would describe the ring and the ornament, but technically the key goes on the ring so why would it describe both ? i've never heard of the ornament being called anything else though.

Comment

Just the ring technically, but commonly used to describe both.
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

10/20k game in the Bellagio. Gotta love Jungleman

Originally posted by SuperSwag
                                                                                                                  Originally posted by WateryBoil
                                                                                                                  i know jungle reads this forum. jungle why didnt you just take a nap in hotel room for like 2-3 hours?
                                                                                                                  Originally posted by jungleman
                                                                                                                  would lose seat

Comment

Definitely not a fob, that implies some sort of
                                                                                                                    security device with built-in authentication.
                                                                                                                    Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate ?

Comment

...Heading to bray today- I will be defending my Chicken wing eating title...#onetime...

Comment

is this one of those thoughts people have when super high ?

i guess it would describe the ring and the ornament, but technically the key goes on the ring so why would it describe both ? i've never heard of the ornament being called anything else though.

asked one of the women i know from here, she says she knows that there is a word for the ornament in german and croatian, but in english the closest word she knows would be pendant.

is this what the question was about HJ ? id still call the whole fucking thing the keyring though fuck that saying " oh thats a nice pendant you have there on your keyring" aint nobody got time fo dat

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                          10/20k game in the Bellagio. Gotta love Jungleman
                                                                                                                          Grim.

Hope he had mouthwash.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X