X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running (up that hill)

Do you run?

Do you want to run?

Does running confuse you and sometimes you hate runners and other times you wish you were one?

IPB has more than a few regular runners now as well as a handful of occasional joggers and plenty of curious couch-to-5K-ers some of whom have graduated to park runs, 10Ks, half marathons and marathons.

So you know what to do!

I'll start...

Goals for 2017? (Distance? PB? Just getting out and running?)

I plan to run 1000Km again. Fifty 10Km runs on average, about 2 per week on average.

Plus four half-marathons somewhere in the middle of that.

In as diverse locations as possible.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOkWNFkDH5P/?taken-by=neo_narratives

Comment

Great idea for a thread Benny, and great timing.

Cross-post from boards..

Originally posted by Lazare
      I was a walking cliche last new years day, wandering around Elvery's buying running gear with my one4all vouchers. So this time last year my 2016 goals were to not waste my xmas bonus on dust collectors.

Thankfully I caught the bug and am a totally changed person, drinking cut back, smoking kicked for good.

My goals for 2017, now that I've a full year of running as a base are to run a race every month starting with my first ever one at the Raheny 5mile, culminating with my one main goal, Dublin City Marathon. My goal for that right now is to simply finish it, running.

I'd like to get a sub20 5k along the way too, currently at 22:15.

Overall though, I want to keep enjoying it as much as I do now.
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I run once or twice a week as part of broader fitness training (get very bored if focused on one activity). Last year's plan was similar to you Lazare in running a 10km race every month. Did one for at least the first 6 months but watching London marathon highlights persuaded me to sign up to a marathon in August and ended up doing a second one in October. I doubt I'll do another one for a few years as they felt damaging at the time. Goal this year is monthly 10km races and a sub 45 10km (PB high 46s), sub 20 5km (PB low 20s) and 5 min mile (PB 5:30ish) so very in line with Lazare! I've been out of action since early October so it will take the first few months to get back to peak fitness and build from there.

Comment

I ran the Belfast marathon in 2003 (4hrs 15sec) but injured myself in the run up to it on an 18mile training run and fecked my knee quite badly during it so decided it unlikely i'll ever do another.

I'd never say never but having ticked that box i wouldn't be running back (pun intended) to do another.

It's a fantastic challenge and looking forward to hearing about Lazare's progress!

Comment

I'm a fairly regular Parkrunner and run a bit during each week as well. My main goal in 2017 is to finally hit sub-20 for a 5k; managed a new PB this morning, 20:13 so on paper it's not too far away but in reality I just couldn't do it right now!

I'd also like to run a 10k at some stage, very slowly, to see how I'd do. Not much interest in doing anything longer right now, despite being in awe of everyone I saw on the Dublin Marathon route while out cheering a friend, I'm just not built for longer runs I think.

Comment

Of course you are Paul, with that 5k time you've obviously got an impressive Vo2 max. Do plenty of long slow runs at about 6 min per k to build endurance and you'll fly it.

I saw a guy with moobs still running at the 23mile mark.

Comment

2017 Running Goal is to stay injury free and look for slow steady improvement. 5K is currently 23:12, down from about 28 minutes at the start of 2016.

Comment

i'm running lots during work at the minute, 10K over my lunch hour.

From Merrion Square, down past Lansdowne Road, around Sandymount, through Irishtown Nature Reserve and under the Poolbeg chimneys. It's pretty awesome.

12 likes, 1 comments - stoat_of_mendes on December 2, 2016: "Running in Dublin #running #dublin #sandymount #irish #irishtown"

8 likes, 0 comments - stoat_of_mendes on December 2, 2016: "Running in Dublin #running #dublin #sandymount #irish #irishtown"

Comment

I am in awe of you guys! I hope to be posting some good stuff this time next year!

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                      Goals for 2017? (Distance? PB? Just getting out and running?)

I plan to run 1000Km again. Fifty 10Km runs on average, about 2 per week on average.

Plus four half-marathons somewhere in the middle of that.

In as diverse locations as possible.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOkWNFkDH5P/?taken-by=neo_narratives

That almost exactly the same plan as I have in mind for myself this year.

Going absolutely mental having been off for three weeks with a groin injury and doing a core strength program from the physio that I hope is working. I could be cycling and swimming away but I've only managed two swims and one cycle in the down time.
                      Its just so easy to stop and go for a run compared with all the hassle of getting dressed for the bike, fitting it in with the short days and havoing to start ad fionish from home rather than from wherever you are when there is a free hour.

Physio is confident that he can fix me up and says if I follow his plan the only reason I wouldn't do a marathon next year is that I don't want to at the same time he says I'll be doing less running but with more intensity which tbh I don't like the sound of because plodding along forever is my kind of thing.

So the plan at the moment is hopefully by Feb I'll be back up to around 25K a week and will be building up the bike and pool sessions towards the goal of doing either Tri Athy or Lough Cutra olympic at the end of May start of June.
                      Not going to set a plan for the rest of the tri season until I've done that, I'll see how I feel after but provisionally I'm thinking that I might set a target of doing one or more of
                      • Participating in enough qualifying events to enter Liffey swim
                      • Half distance tri in August / September
                      • Marathon

According to Garmin my records are
                      Not sure if I'll be setting a target of beating any of those except farthest
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                        I am in awe of you guys! I hope to be posting some good stuff this time next year!
                        Don't mind next year, start this week, use Paddys day as a target and post your progress then. If you struggle, come here for a kick in the hole and some advice. Start at a pace you're comfy with, even start walking and just try and beat yourself every time. GL with it. You can do it!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                          That almost exactly the same plan as I have in mind for myself this year...

...Not going to set a plan for the rest of the tri season until I've done that, I'll see how I feel after but provisionally I'm thinking that I might set a target of doing one or more of
                          • Participating in enough qualifying events to enter Liffey swim
                          • Half distance tri in August / September
                          • Marathon

According to Garmin my records are
                          Not sure if I'll be setting a target of beating any of those except farthest
                          That's a savage time for 10K for a man of your... ahem... vintage if you don't mind me saying so.

My PB (in my 40s) is 57 mins and i doubt if i'l ever get faster without a dedicated speed training plan.

I could do around 51mins in my early 30s but i'm about two stone heavier despite having run 4000Km in the last four years.

But like you i'm much less concerned about times these days than just consistently racking up the miles. Thats what i like. Timing is a great motivator and measurer but things like looking for new runs is higher up my priority list these days.

In 2016 i ran in Cairo, the Burren, south Derry, Tipperary, Clontarf, Drimnagh, Crumlin, Sandymount Strand, Dollymount Strand and Dublin city centre (about a dozen different routes).

Personally i hope you do the marathon - with two runners (you and Lazare) we have enough to form a market or two

Comment

I plan on giving running a shot for the first few months of the year as I dont like going out on the bike in this weather.

I think I will stick to around the 5k mark with an emphasis on speed. I have no idea what my fitness level is like in regards to this but I will post my first and perhaps one again around Paddys day as someone mentioned.
                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

First 10km of the year done in a leisurely 1:02:08 (i'm not in any rush at the minute as you can tell!)

Just 990Km to go...

Comment

Second 10K of the year under my belt with another cheeky lunchtime run from Merrion Square, round Sandymount Strand and out past the Poolbeg incinerator and back.

Was happy enough with 1.02:22 given how leaden legged i felt.

No rush to speed up until spring, just happy to have mild weather, peace and quiet to enjoy.

Comment

Ran two 5kms over the past 2 days, first ones in months. 23:04 and 24:12, a good bit off where I hope to be in a couple of months but happy to last the distance.

Comment

Who's Parkrunning tomorrow? Thinking of Marlay for the 1st time.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                      Who's Parkrunning tomorrow? Thinking of Marlay for the 1st time.
                                      Yep, I'm doing my usual though, Griffeen.

Keep meaning to do a bit of parkrun tourism, Marlay definitely top of the list. Gets great numbers.

Want to do Malahide too.

Comment

I like the idea of going down the country for a weekend away and taking in a new Parkrun on the Saturday morning; there are some really scenic ones out there supposedly! Think I've six or seven different courses under my belt, but that's nothing, there's a guy from Northern Ireland who'se done over 50 courses north and south, which is amazing.

Malahide good fun, but not the fastest course out there. You should definitely try Shanganagh when next ready to aim for a PB, it is fairly fast.

Comment

Still waiting to pop my park run cherry.

Got as far as registering and printing out the barcodes but it's prime hang time with my kid while his mammy gets a well deserved lie.

Tymon Park is only 10 mins away so i'll get there eventually.

You'd really want to be in love with running 5Km though to drive all over the country just to run for 20 or 25 mins in my opinion.

At the beginning i'd drive for maybe an hour to get to a 10km but soon got fed up with the run-to-drive ratio and now would only jump in the car to drive more than 10 or 15 mins for a half marathon.

Comment

Boo urns, had to stop to tie a lace, was going well too. Don't think I'd have gotten a pb anyway, was 35 secs slower than it.

Totally misjudged the temperature too, wore a long sleeve compression top under another long sleeve top, and gloves ffs, had to whip it off at the start of the second lap. Felt more like April out there.

Great turnout at Griffeen, all the resolutions.

Comment

Yeah, crazily mild today. There looked to be more than 600 runners at Marlay Park! Was absolute bedlam compared to the smaller field parkruns I'm more used to; loads of people starting out at the front of the field who maybe should've considered starting a bit further back, so it was very difficult to overtake. That being said, it is a run not a race so people can start wherever they like!

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                Yeah, crazily mild today. There looked to be more than 600 runners at Marlay Park! Was absolute bedlam compared to the smaller field parkruns I'm more used to; loads of people starting out at the front of the field who maybe should've considered starting a bit further back, so it was very difficult to overtake. That being said, it is a run not a race so people can start wherever they like!
                                                That sounds bonkers. How did you find the course in general? Read on boards there that there's a decent uphill at the start.

Comment

Ah, not much of a hill in fairness, you feel a slight gradient but nothing like the uphills at Cabinteely or down in Knocknacarra in Galway city!

Comment

Ah yeah, just finished a magnificent run in the Phoenix Park, my first time running there. Parked at the Garda HQ and ran a clockwise loop. My farthest run to date, set out to do 11k and as if by magic it was 11.2k back to my car. Running the trails all along the outskirt from the Castleknock gate to the Zoo was pure endorphin.

Jesus it's good to be alive.

Comment

Shoes need a good scrub too

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                        Ah yeah, just finished a magnificent run in the Phoenix Park, my first time running there. Parked at the Garda HQ and ran a clockwise loop. My farthest run to date, set out to do 11k and as if by magic it was 11.2k back to my car. Running the trails all along the outskirt from the Castleknock gate to the Zoo was pure endorphin.

Jesus it's good to be alive.
                                                        Have you done any marathon training plan research yet?

Any thoughts on your timeline?

October is a long way away and if you are doing 10Km plus now you could easily do a half marathon during Spring.

Comment

Just noticed this thread, sat down last night to plan out my hole years training rather than just adjusting on the fly. I've completed that I need more slow steady cardio, especially sooner rather than later. So running (which I don't really like tbh) is my poison of choice.

No idea what sort of goals to set. I won't be covering a 1000km or anything like it, as main goals will be BJJ related. But feel like I should to stick something down to aim at;
                                                          • Sub 20min 5k: Seems to be a decent benchmark to aim for. I don't think I ran more than 3k last year. 5k should be doable.
                                                          • Complete at least one proper timed race

Comment

Have you done any marathon training plan research yet?

Any thoughts on your timeline?

October is a long way away and if you are doing 10Km plus now you could easily do a half marathon during Spring.
                                                            I've done a little bit of loose reading on training plans, RW etc, Higdon seems to be a popular one. I don't feel too much in a rush yet to decide on one.

I'm concentrating at the moment on pace, understanding it, finding my own, really excited about collecting my new watch later in the week for that reason. So, at the moment I've no idea about a timeline, sub 4 should be comfortable, it's whether I can do a 3:30 or not that I'm curious about, I'll know better in a couple of weeks.

Prob not a bad idea to do a half in the spring as I'm actually fearing that more than the marathon. Plan is to do the series. I'm fearing finishing it and thinking how could I possibly do double this distance, and then having to do it so soon after. Maybe a spring one is the answer.

Cheers bro

Comment

Do you figure out a route first or just go until you puke?
                                                              I've been putting it off for years.
                                                              If one runs with no definitive purpose in mind, ones mind is devoid of definitive purpose
                                                              This was my internal mantra for years, something that on the surface seems kinda intelligent put is really fucking stupid. Something I'd proclaim from the comfort of the bar stool.
                                                              I live beside the liffey, beside the phoenix park and there's even a harriers running track beside me.
                                                              I just mentally struggle with the idea of boredom when running, I feel like I'd have to trick myself to do it.
                                                              I think maybe if I plot a route beforehand it would help as I know where I'm going and at what point to turn back.
                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

DP, is there a "loop" you can do? I do one in Killarney, it's 6.1km, mostly flat but takes in a decent sized hill around the 5k mark. I used to do one in the park where I go for about 2.5k and turn back, always found my times struggling. Turning back was like a mental block. But with the loop I start and finish at my house so it's behind me for the start but I have the reward of seeing it when I'm struggling for the last 500m or so.

I realise all that could be complete bollox but it helps. Just need to find what works for you.

Comment

Would you run with headphones? I either listen to music or podcasts, which helps to fight boredom. I don't enjoy running enough to do it without the distraction, so for me a good playlist helps me aim for faster times and a few interesting podcasts help with the slower runs.

I think the really speedy guys are happy without headphones or other distractions, as it allows them to concentrate on breathing, gait, etc... but I'm pretty sure most of us aren't hampered too much by enjoying the fruits of modern living

Lazare, I was a bit inspired by your purchase (I never thought about it before, usually track my runs on my phone) and have picked up a 2nd hand Garmin Forerunner 220 from Adverts. I strained my calf on Saturday so am unable to take it out for a test run but will hopefully get one or two in next week, should be fun to check out the data!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

I think maybe if I plot a route beforehand it would help as I know where I'm going and at what point to turn back.
                                                                    Couch to 5K to start with and using an app will usually tell you when you are halfway so you can turn around.

When I'm walking or running the trick is to go as far as I think I'm able to and then to turn around and head back.
                                                                    Loops are great, you are always estimating how far and if I turn left here how much more or less will it be.

Boredom isn't an issue the running allows a sort of meditative in the moment vibe to happen. Don't like podcasts when running its music or nothing for me.
                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

This was my internal mantra for years, something that on the surface seems kinda intelligent put is really fucking stupid. Something I'd proclaim from the comfort of the bar stool.
                                                                      I live beside the liffey, beside the phoenix park and there's even a harriers running track beside me.
                                                                      I just mentally struggle with the idea of boredom when running, I feel like I'd have to trick myself to do it.
                                                                      Different for everyone but I usually find long distance running gets pretty meditative which can be cool. Shorter distances, I don't listen to anything either but don't get that same peace of mind; generally just visualising finishing throughout short runs

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                        Boredom isn't an issue the running allows a sort of meditative in the moment vibe to happen. Don't like podcasts when running its music or nothing for me.
                                                                        Nothing for me these days. Lost my phone on holiday a couple of years ago and had to run without it and never went back to music.

I just let my jumble of thoughts/inner monologue work itself out while observing and internally processing what is around me and i find this plenty sufficient to keep me occupied and order and calm my mind over an hour.

It can be very meditative if you get through the early 'pain' of trying to go far enough to get your endorphins flowing - the regulation of breathing, the repetitive motion, being in the now, the hyper awareness of your body.

But until you get to that stage having micro goals (like in the couch to 5K) should see you progress enough to see if it's for you and music will probably help a lot too.

Comment

I completed the C25K Xmas last year (2015), stayed going to the gym, did it on the treadmill, till the end of Jan, just coincided with my annual NCT and never went back.

TBH I hardly exercised at all last year, one holiday away rolled into a weekend away into a holiday away, im not complaining but my health certainly is, eating and drinking way too much along with zero proper exercise and a massive xmas blowout contributed to the 18st 3 3/4 i tipped the scales at new years day.

Haven't boozed since new years day and without doing anything 7lbs comes off, water weight, thats the easy bit.

I started walking last week also, getting the legs used to 30 mins at a time.

Bit the bullet today and got back on the C25K horse.

Skipped week 1, cos im semi-pro at this stage...

Week 2, day 1. 90sec & 120sec x 6. Ankles found it the worst and the outside lower calves were tender, breathing on part 5 and 6 was also difficult.

Doing it on footpaths this time so much harder than the treadmill i found.

Dragging 4 stone that i need to lose around isnt easy but it will get easier, this might keep me honest.

Onwards and upwards.
                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Good man Ole, that's great to hear. Keep it up man, you know yourself it gets easier.

Comment

#39
                                                                              This is definitely the case for me. If I paln out a 5km route, I'll most likely run that route. If I just run aimlessly, I'll probably start veering towards home early and end up with 3km.

As for headphones or not. I get pretty bored so I find that podcasts are a great distraction. If you are concerned with time and pace, I'd definitely consider using Strava on the phone. Handy app that tracks your route, pace, time via GPS. Gives you realtime audio updates every kilometre.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Added another 10% to the long run today, ran 12k. Right calf is pretty sore though, I felt a niggle after last week's parkrun but it went away, back with a bang now. Was weird, I could run no problem on it but as soon as I stopped I couldn't really walk on it. I'll use the roller on it and see how I get on.

Ran with my new Garmin for the first time yesterday, awesome piece of kit, was so handy today trying to stick to a pace. Also downloaded Strava and ran with that today, looks like a really exciting app. Any of you guys use it?

There are a few segments near the house that I'm looking forward to having a crack at.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Also downloaded Strava and ran with that today, looks like a really exciting app. Any of you guys use it?
                                                                                  Nope. Runkeeper app on the iPhone for me. Bit of a creature of habit so have stuck with it over the last four years but anyone i know who uses Strava says it's the business.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Park Run Tooting, London over the weekend, so have now done it in three countries.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by colm_leche View Post
                                                                                      Park Run Tooting, London over the weekend, so have now done it in three countries.
                                                                                      Cool, what sort of numbers did it get? Where else have you ran?

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Cool, what sort of numbers did it get? Where else have you ran?
                                                                                        Tooting had 598 - 3 loops of a small park. A bit thronged, but great to get out. Quite a young demographic.

Krakow Poland had a lot of serious or club runners, and not too many recs.

My nearest park-run is Oldbridge, Co. Louth, which is friendly, and in a great parkland setting.
                                                                                        Last edited by colm_leche; 16-01-17, 10:35.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          I've been using Strava for a good while, it's really great but am happy to be able to rely on the Garmin GPS (when I get back running again) as my new phone's GPS is a bit unreliable. Will record the run on the watch and sync to the phone, hopefully will be the perfect solution!

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Where else have you ran?
                                                                                            Some of the best places I have ran over the years include:

Long slow 8-10 miler along the Charles River, Boston.

Long runs along the Seine, down town Paris in Summer.

Phoenix Park.

Along the River Wear, in the shadow of Durham Castle/Cathedral.

The entire Meath coastline, an out and back - River Boyne, Mornington, Bettystown, Laytown, Gormanstown, River Delvin, and back.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              SThe entire Meath coastline, an out and back - River Boyne, Mornington, Bettystown, Laytown, Gormanstown, River Delvin, and back.
                                                                                              How long is the meath coastline? About 10km??

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                How long is the meath coastline? About 10km??
                                                                                                It's about 11.5-12 km, and its a great route, as you run over dunes, flat sand, and some dirt paths, with a reasonable variety in scenery - besides the sea you also hit a few river estuaries.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Went for a run for the first time. Nearly died. Assume it gets easier?
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                    Went for a run for the first time. Nearly died. Assume it gets easier?
                                                                                                    It does. Once you go regularly it'll get easier very quickly. Don't try and go too fast, start off at a handy pace and distance and just try and better yourself every time. Can buy a cheap plastic wrist watch in dealz or whatever. That's what I use to time myself cos I know the route I take is 6.1k.

You'll be fine. That's the hardest one outta the way so fair fucks

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      First run of the year today. On the treadmill as it's 30deg out.
                                                                                                      Did 5km in 24m55s. Which is longer than anything I did in 2016
                                                                                                      Was handy enough. Not sure if sub 20 is possible, will definitely suck a lot though.

Tried to compared to my previous times, but the search won't lookup for "5km" as only too short

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        So i've done six 10K's so far this year with times of:

1:02:08
                                                                                                        1:02:23
                                                                                                        1:02:19
                                                                                                        1:02:13
                                                                                                        1:01:32
                                                                                                        1.02:31

59 seconds between all six and if we remove the outlier of 1:01:32 just 24 seconds between the other five.

Don't think i've ever been this slow but at least i'm consistent.

Last time i ran 10K in under 1hr was August 16 and before that April 21 (59 mins)

So i guess my next goal is to crack 1 hour again.

Comment

#53

Last time i ran 10K in under 1hr was August 16 and before that April 21 (59 mins)

So i guess my next goal is to crack 1 hour again.
                                                                                                          Add in some strides or sprints, from lamppost to lamppost is one way to work towards this. Any shake up to the routine may be worth s try.

You can also look to increase cadence if you are much lower than 160- you can buy a metronome on line for about 25 quid.

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Add in some strides or sprints, from lamppost to lamppost is one way to work towards this. Any shake up to the routine may be worth s try.

You can also look to increase cadence if you are much lower than 160- you can buy a metronome on line for about 25 quid.
                                                                                                            Yeah i've been doing the same run and probably taking in the scenery a bit too much and not particularly pushing myself, happy just to add another 10K to the pile.

I have tried the Swedish 'fartlek' technique in the past but kinda felt it was more likely to lead to an injury before i would accomplish a faster time.

Googling cadence now - dunno why i handn't thought of that before!

Will measure it for sure on my next run and see what i can do from there.

Cheers!

Comment

#55

Hmmm... well that was surprising. Fully expected myself to come in around 140-150 but timed myself four times on the way home this evening and each time was between 170-180.

But the article i read said everyday runners would hit 160-170 and elite 180 up to 200.

Something ain't right.

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Hmmm... well that was surprising. Fully expected myself to come in around 140-150 but timed myself four times on the way home this evening and each time was between 170-180.

But the article i read said everyday runners would hit 160-170 and elite 180 up to 200.

Something ain't right.
                                                                                                                How did you time/measure it?
                                                                                                                Also those numbers probably apply for everyday/elite runners with close to optimal stride length. If your stride length shorter, it's possible that cadance would be increased.

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  ...This thread has both inspired and frightened me...Having not done any physical exercise of note since May last year, I decided to go on a jog to start back being fit and healthy...I lasted 7 minutes before I was struggling badly, and that was at at 9minute pace, ugh... I'm going to do that couch to 5k programme from scratch, fuck I'm unfit...Great thread though, I really hope it stays alive and not just a January thing...

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                    How did you time/measure it?
                                                                                                                    Also those numbers probably apply for everyday/elite runners with close to optimal stride length. If your stride length shorter, it's possible that cadance would be increased.
                                                                                                                    Well i did like the article said and i counted my left footfall over 60 sec (with my RunKeeper app) then doubled it.

I'm now fairly sure my stride is short so i might work on trying to increase that at intervals on my next few runs.

Will probably see cadence drop out of 'elite' range then

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                                      Great thread though, I really hope it stays alive and not just a January thing...
                                                                                                                      Good luck! A little inspiration can go a long way.

I've definitely noticed a big increase in lunchtime runners around Merrion Square and Sean Moore Park/Sandymount Stand this month.

Aided by the very mild weather as well as the January resolution brigade.

I think most contributors here are regular runners so hopefully we'll stick around, at least to see SP and Lazare go head-to-head over 26 miles in October

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        Had planned to do a 13k LSR tomorrow but have to rest up, fecking right calf. I'm pretty sick as Raheny is next Sun, my first ever race. It's been niggling at me the last couple of weeks but it feels pretty shitty now. Ran flat out this morning at Parkrun.

Weird thing is, I can run on it no problem, but when I stop I can't walk, for a bit anyway.

Wanted to get a week of running in before Raheny but I think it will be wise to stay off it.

Anyone else here running Raheny?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X